Most helpful but unique item you pack??

Princesspolly0110

Mouseketeer
What is the most helpful item you pack, that isn't a staple item?? I like to hear what people pack that I wouldn't necessarily think of on my own.

Plug-in night lights. Some of those rooms are dark as a cave when you turn out the lights. Finding your way to the bathroom and not tripping over luggage, shoes, etc. is a good idea.
:thumbsup2

Plastic lids (from McDonalds or some other fast food restaurant)... Great for sliding on the stick of Mickey Bars in case they melt. We used to use them for the kids only but they help the adults too!

my bath and body scent egg.

I LOVED the Island Margarita scent they have. I brought it with us when we stayed at the Poly. The mousekeeper wrote us a not saying it was a nice touch and went along well with our choice of resort.

I also take the pocket hand sanitizer for when we are in line and some smells are not that pleasant. I just dab a little behind my ears and my line bubble is a happy place again. We go in July so use your own imagination here. Of course we use it for cleaning our hands too.

Plug-in night lights. Some of those rooms are dark as a cave when you turn out the lights. Finding your way to the bathroom and not tripping over luggage, shoes, etc. is a good idea.

We stay DVC and I get cold sitting in the living room after my son has gone to bed. I always pack a nice big comfy blanket to curl up in on the couch from home. I slip it into his car seat bag, so it doesn't take up any luggage space.

Like the above poster we also pack night lights because my son is afraid of the dark and night lights are way more tolerable for me than leaving the bathroom light on if we happen to be sleeping in the same room.

Always a night light!

Ziploc bags -- various sizes. Just always good to throw snacks in for the park bag, to carry wet clothes, etc., etc.

An extra carry-on size bag for souvenirs -- always fold one up in a suitcase somewhere. The four of us only use three carry-ons on our way there. This way if we end up with too many souvenirs, we have an extra bag for the way home.

Collapsable hamper... we have one that fits perfectly at the bottom of one of the suitcases. It has handles on it, too, which makes it convenient for me to carry to the laundry room to do some mid-week laundry.

A cheap over the door shoe organizer. I hang it in the bathroom area to put all of our toiletries in. It keeps them off of the counter and makes it easy to find what we we need, when we need it.

Extension Cord.

Protein bars.

Small bills for room tips or luggage help tips.

Facial cleansing wipes for an easy face wash.

Aleve for a painfree day.

External cell phone charger for when my battery dies at 2:30 p.m.

A piece of paper with all my confirmation numbers dining plans and FP+ choices.

Summer walking sandels in case it is surprisingly warm. (used them a week ago when I was expecting mild temps but it was more like 80 degrees there)

I too take Ziploc bags. If you attend mcvmcp they are great for putting all the cookies they hand out.

Always a night light!

Ziploc bags -- various sizes. Just always good to throw snacks in for the park bag, to carry wet clothes, etc., etc.

An extra carry-on size bag for souvenirs -- always fold one up in a suitcase somewhere. The four of us only use three carry-ons on our way there. This way if we end up with too many souvenirs, we have an extra bag for the way home.

I too take Ziploc bags. If you attend mcvmcp they are great for putting all the cookies they hand out.

I always take a handful of Ziploc bags. They are great for throwing my cellphone and wallet into when riding the water rides.

I always take Bath and Body Works anti-bacterial soaps pumps in a new scent to have by the sink. First, I hate to wash my hands with a bar of soap, and second, whenever I use that scent in the future, it will bring back memories of our trip. We usually go for at least 11 days, so that scent gets into your head. I also do this for cruises.....:goodvibes

Haven't read all the replies yet but a power strip so you can plug all your chargers in one place (rather than all over the room) is the best packing tip I ever read here.

Oh ziplocs - brilliant. Why didn't I think of that? LOL

Also I usually pack a couple of grocery store plastic bags to put our dirty socks/bras/undies in. I can't stand them "touching" the other dirty clothes. (I have issues, LOL)

-Ziploc bags
-A small credit card wallet- big enough for my Id, a couple cards and my room key but not my huge every day wallet (I don't think I will need my library card at Disney World LOL)
-Moleskin- for blisters
-A travel bottle with a various medicines - Excedrin, Alieve, Tums, etc
-Travel Phone recharger
-A small bottle of bubbles, for DS to blow when there are big lines or we need to take a rest and chill
-New games downloaded on my phone or ipad to keep the kid entertained
-Collapsible bag for extra stuff that is coming home with us

Britta filter water bottles!

We read that tip a couple trips ago and haven't looked back! $13 on Amazon or at Target for two. Filters last for something like 200 bottles of water or something, and the filters are cheap. Doesn't purify the water, but makes it taste good...which is perfectly acceptable for Florida water. I kept up with how much we saved on water for the first trip we took with the bottles and I think they paid for themselves in the first two days of our 7 day trip. We've saved a ridiculous amount of money with those handy bottles. Definitely a must have.

I bring my own toilet paper. One thing I hate about all of WDW is the toilet paper - hotels, parks, restaurants. I only use my own in our room, but if I wasn't worried about it getting wet in my bag I would probably start carrying it around everywhere! :lmao: Maybe I should use a Ziploc for that!!
I also store my phone, ID, and money in a small ziploc baggie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter