• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Most helpful but unique item you pack??

Clothes pins can be used for bag clips and to keep curtains closed as well as for hanging wet suits on the line in the tub.

Spray deodorant. We use it on our feet in the morning. Also helps to prevent blisters since we're not Body Glide fans (too stick)

Plastic shoe box for meds, first aid, small scissors, emery board, eye glass repair kit etc. goes on a closet shelf and stays out of the way. Two pocket folder for maps, envelopes, loose leaf etc.

Aluminum wallet:
http://www.amazon.com/Meco-Indestru...id=1390578499&sr=8-5&keywords=aluminum+wallet

Becuase it's waterproof and holds all those cards and such really well. It's a little less necessary with the MBs, now...since I (probably) don't need to cart around all those tickets and KTTW cards. But its still nice to have.

And a Neosling "water holster":
http://www.amazon.com/NEOSLING-Adju...90578637&sr=8-1&keywords=water+bottle+holster

Because it means every person in the party can carry their own water bottle, easily, in something that can even "ride the rides" with you. Light, easy to deal with, and it doesn't chaffe!

Given we are DVC members, and are usually in a 1BR or 2BR....we end up not buying drinks/water EXCEPT at our TS meals. You can even carry some powdered drink mix packets in the holster, tucked around/under your water bottle.

Instead of Body Glide, I use Save My Feet Blister Elixir. It is expensive (almost $20 a bottle), but honestly one bottle lasts me about a year because you only need a small drop for each foot. It goes on like lotion and you do not feel it or see it (no residue or sticky feeling at all), but it creates an invisible barrier between your feet and your shoes. Could not survive a WDW trip without it! Amazon carries it and I could not recommend it more - I forgot it once and had the crazy thought of, "Well, it feels and looks like lotion so maybe the lotion in the toiletries would do the trick." Let's just say, not even close and I paid the price for that mistake for several days afterwards.

Bandaids for blisters was the best thing I brought to the parks last time. Made walking bearable. I will say that next time I will apply bandaids BEFORE we get blisters to prevent them. :goodvibes

DakotaRose said:
Travel sized pack of Lysol wipes for the room. When we first arrive in hotel rooms, I'm in the habit of wiping the light switches, faucets, doorknobs, phone, TV remote and vanity top. Like to wipe armrests and tray tables on airplanes, too.

Yes!!! I pass them out to the kiddos and they wipe down the airline trays arm rests buckles around their windows, then at hotel, they wipe the room down, and I run all the dishes etc (timeshare) through the dishwasher. It seems like allot but those YouTube videos put me over the edge!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

This one might sound weird but a can of Pringles. We use these as a snack in the airport or parks (if it they last that long). After that we re-use the container to keep popcorn, crackers, pretzels and the like. No more crinkly bags in the backpack that open or no crushed snacks that turn into crumbs. Best of all easy to pass around and reseal.
These would also be great for the Animation Class drawings, if you could get it super clean...a paper towel tube is never big enough for us. Thanks!! :):thumbsup2

I also often bring 2-3 sheets of colored construction paper in it. Then use a sharpie to write a short message on it - we'll ask a character to hold it for a photo and sign it after.
"Happy birthday" to my Niece from Ariel, "Happy 40th Anniversary" to the in-laws from Mickey, etc
LOVE this...thanks for the idea!!

I always pack a small bottle of wrinkle releaser. This way when I get everyone's outfits ready, I just spray, smooth and let dry. No need for ironing. I'm on vacation:cool1:

Bandaids for blisters was the best thing I brought to the parks last time. Made walking bearable. I will say that next time I will apply bandaids BEFORE we get blisters to prevent them. :goodvibes

Last trip I realized that, if I put the bandaids on BEFORE the blisters they never happened.
Also, something I do but don't have to bring: Take a ziplock bag (well, I bring these) add a wet face cloth from the room and freeze it overnight. In the morning add a slice of lemon from the counter service tea area and you have a lovely, cold hand and face wipe for the parks. You can also add a couple of ice cubes if you want.
Just remember to return the facecloth to your room;)

Last trip I realized that, if I put the bandaids on BEFORE the blisters they never happened.
Also, something I do but don't have to bring: Take a ziplock bag (well, I bring these) add a wet face cloth from the room and freeze it overnight. In the morning add a slice of lemon from the counter service tea area and you have a lovely, cold hand and face wipe for the parks. You can also add a couple of ice cubes if you want.
Just remember to return the facecloth to your room;)

I promise, a little drop of Save My Feet and no blisters (and no dealing with band aids coming off. And no, I don't work for them just love the product:yay:

Talking about band aids made me realize, they are one of my most useful items but for a very different reason. One if my DS-6 twins has sensory integration issues to such an extent that the loud woosh from the auto toilets scares the bejesus out of him and he will refuse to "go." I tried putting my hand over it but that doesn't always work so he doesn't trust it. A band aid works wonders though (and I do take it off once he's out of the stall.)

Thank you to the person that said small knit gloves!!! I added them the day we left last week and they were a lifesaver in the cold down the this last week.

Talking about band aids made me realize, they are one of my most useful items but for a very different reason. One if my DS-6 twins has sensory integration issues to such an extent that the loud woosh from the auto toilets scares the bejesus out of him and he will refuse to "go." I tried putting my hand over it but that doesn't always work so he doesn't trust it. A band aid works wonders though (and I do take it off once he's out of the stall.)

I have heard other Moms say that the small post-its work well too - and they may be cheaper than using the band-aids. I can sympathize - they make me nearly jump out of my skin too!

THIS! I don't know what it is, but the paper straws at Animal Kingdom absolutely make my skin crawl. Some kind of sensory problem I guess, but I just can't stand them. Since I don't want to break the rules by bringing in plastic straws, I brought these last trip and they worked great! No muss, no fuss, just have to remember to pull them out before you toss the drink. It was such a relief!

Wait wait wait- you can't bring in plastic straws?!

I bought a travel charger for my iPhone. It worked for anything that plugged into a USB, so even my brother could use it for his Droid phone and we could use it for our little video camera. It was only a little smaller than a Snickers bar but it charged out devices multiple times each day. I will definitely never go on vacation without it again!

A lot of what we bring has already been mentioned. I can't stress enough the pleasantness off having drink options, especially when we've settled in the room for the night, just simply by bringing a variety of the drink mix-ins bottles. Gives you something different to drink other than water that isn't soda.

A few others I'd add are:
1. suction cup hooks for the shower sponges (we don't use bar soap)
2. Afterbite stick
3. Plastic hangers with clips attached (allows for drying of bathing suits)
4. Caribiner with bottle holder attached (allows for water bottles to just clip onto bags & you don't have to carry)
5. Handheld mister fan (pocket sized, not the big bottle looking things)
6. Nail file
7. Aloe vera spray

I bought a travel charger for my iPhone. It worked for anything that plugged into a USB, so even my brother could use it for his Droid phone and we could use it for our little video camera. It was only a little smaller than a Snickers bar but it charged out devices multiple times each day. I will definitely never go on vacation without it again!

What kind did you get? We are looking for what kind of charger to get to bring with us for all our electronics since we will have to have the MDE app open all the time :)

I have a powerrock and love it. Used it last time we were in Disney. Was able to charge my iPhone and my daughters. You get two and a half charges out of it. This is available on amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Powerocks-Uni...1390931337&sr=1-9&keywords=powerrocks+charger

Powerocks Pink Rose Stone Universal 6000mAh Extended Battery
by Powerocks
12 customer reviews | 3 answered questions
List Price: $69.99
Price: $39.00
You Save: $30.99 (44%)

Compression shorts to wear under my shorts and bathing suit at WDW to avoid chafing.

I almost forgot... I bought floral mens swimming trunks.... with the silky lining and wear those on water ride days... wear a tank style tankini top with them and a cap sleeve shirt over that... Then in the que for the water ride I slip the shirt off and store in my dry bag. Nice to finally dry out as fast as the guys in my family...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter