Most helpful but unique item you pack??

Small Pop up cube to put on the desk to store MB's or KTTW cards, extra wire hangers, pop up laundry basket and body glide.

A Swim Towel in a ziploc bag. It is great to wipe down seats after a sudden Florida rainstorm, and they hold a TON of water and wring out easily. When you are done, just pop it back in the ziploc!

I also take a nightlight and a power strip, but I use the "octopus" kind, because many chargers have big chunky plugs, so they won't all fit on a standard strip.

We have tried the over the door shoe organizer, but found that it doesn't usually fit on the bathroom door because the hooks are too narrow.

The travel sized cans of Lysol have become a must-have for all trips.

We have a Lenmar external portable charger that can charge phones and iPod/iPads. Very handy given the power drain on phones in the parks.

I agree on the Pop-up hampers. We drive down to Disney, and I usually take the hamper back full and use a suitcase for souvenirs. When we get home, I just drop the hamper in the Laundry room and get started. When I have needed to wash at Disney, they are super easy to take to the washroom.

Body glide to put all over my feet every morning, to keep my blister prone feet, blister free. Our whole family uses it and no one ever gets blisters when we do.

I'm always wishing I had a ziplock bag in my purse big enough to throw my whole purse in for water rides. I always forget that. I usually do have a small one in my purse from going through secuity at the aiport, so at least I can keep the cell phone and camera dry.

I have taken many of the things noted here (collapsible hamper, night lights, moleskin, etc.). My additions that probably aren't that unique are disposable plastic containers (for leftovers etc.), a box of trash bags for dirty laundry or whatever, a "blister bag" with a needle/alcohol wipes/bandages/moleskin to carry in the parks.

I love the power strip idea!

Scissors--seems like we always end up needing them--and zip lok bags.

Best thing to "pack"--extra space in the suitcase or an extra bag. Not only will you buy stuff, everything takes up a little bit more space on the way home.

I bring a hanging closet organizer. It's different than the over-the-door shoe organizer. I hang it from the closet rod. It has 7 deeper "shelves" that I use to organize my socks/undies, folded clothes and some toiletries (since it's in the dressing/vanity area at mods). This will free up drawer space for DH and the kids.

Camel-pack backpack, so much better than trying to keep track of water bottles, very comfortable and holds more water than water bottles. Would not go without one.

I bring a hanging closet organizer. It's different than the over-the-door shoe organizer. I hang it from the closet rod. It has 7 deeper "shelves" that I use to organize my socks/undies, folded clothes and some toiletries (since it's in the dressing/vanity area at mods). This will free up drawer space for DH and the kids.

This is a fantastic idea! With 3 kids, we never have enough drawer space even at the deluxes & I hate living out of suitcases. Thanks for sharing!

Brilliant idea! I may steal this one for my DH, who is 6'4" and HATES having to bend over constantly to get stuff out of the low drawers in the resort rooms. It would also be a terrific way to set up your outfits for each day so that everything you need is in one stack that you could just grab at once. At least, if you are OCD like I am, and plan your entire daily wardrobe in advance! :thumbsup2

Brilliant idea! I may steal this one for my DH, who is 6'4" and HATES having to bend over constantly to get stuff out of the low drawers in the resort rooms. It would also be a terrific way to set up your outfits for each day so that everything you need is in one stack that you could just grab at once. At least, if you are OCD like I am, and plan your entire daily wardrobe in advance! :thumbsup2

This works great for kids too! Put everything they need to get dressed in the morning in one of these slots---even down to hats and/or hair clips--and they can grab and get themselves ready in the morning. Even if it's something like a pin lanyard, hat, autograph book, etc. Put everything in that one "block" before bed and you're not scrambling in the morning!

We are DVC, and drive, so we bring a laundry basket, hamper and drying rack. I bring a travel first aid kit too with many assorted band aids. Also, extra towels for bath, pool and kitchen. I keep a Rubbermaid tote (the medium size) with all our Disney travel stuff together so I don't forget. Also, cheap glow sticks.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

This works great for kids too! Put everything they need to get dressed in the morning in one of these slots---even down to hats and/or hair clips--and they can grab and get themselves ready in the morning. Even if it's something like a pin lanyard, hat, autograph book, etc. Put everything in that one "block" before bed and you're not scrambling in the morning!

LOL - You would think I wouldn't need to worry about this, since my DD is 17, but she would probably benefit from it, since all of her stuff somehow expands to fill all available space, plus 15-20% more! She's like those little sponge toys that grow when you put them in water! :rotfl:

magnet clips! like a chip clip with a magnet on it. I bring several of these and we use them for holding curtains closed, posting the day's itinerary on the door, hanging clothes to dry, closing bags of Goofy's candy, etc.

Power strip. I learned that tip here on the DIS. I bring one with me on all trips now (regardless of destination). Makes a big difference when travelling with multiple iPhones, iPads, iPods, PSV, laptops, etc.

a dozen sheets of Viva paper toweling
Usually carry two in my purse or pocket. Soft enough to clean eye glasses without scratching, yet can be wrung out. Handy for wet benches, spills, drying off after a rain downpour, and very refreshing with cold water and a small dab of soap to wipe sweaty neck, arms and chest.

Travel sized pack of Lysol wipes for the room. When we first arrive in hotel rooms, I'm in the habit of wiping the light switches, faucets, doorknobs, phone, TV remote and vanity top. Like to wipe armrests and tray tables on airplanes, too.

an important item for me that i haven't seen mentioned here: fingernail scissors. i get hangnails a LOT, and the little, pocket fingernail clippers are always dull and don't cut well, so i take my fingernail scissors. i cut a 1 1/2" length of drinking straw, and put it over the end of the scissors, to keep them from puncturing anything in my bag.

i'm also a huge fan of bodyglide-can't even begin to count how many blisters that stuff has saved me from!

i need to buy one of those external phone chargers...that seems like a VERY handy item to have!

30-day wipes to wipe down doorknobs and light switches in the room. They claim not only to disinfect but also to keep acting as an antimicrobial for 30 days.

Now, their claims may very well be snake oil. But we caught a stomach bug in WDW once (with toddlers, it's almost inevitable that they'll pick up whatever's going around no matter where they are). And I'm paranoid enough of it happening again that I'll waste a buck or two on the chance it could help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter