Monorail smell :)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Jemepech, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Pixie Dust Maven

Pixie Dust Maven Earning My Ears

OMG some of these responses are :rotfl2:.

We call it the gag-o-rail. We have stayed at the GF and CR many times and have been on the monorail first thing in the morning and it still makes me gag and I don't even want to sit or touch anything.

OP I would love to smell that smell you are talking about when we get on the monorail, but it hasn't happened yet.:sick::crazy2:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. peteykirch

peteykirch Mouseketeer

To me it smells like bandaids, and cheap fake leather.

4. Minckemom

Minckemom Earning My Ears

We were there the first week of January and thought the exact same thing!!! When were you there? :lmao:

5. NHBelle

NHBelle DIS Veteran

Ditto on the Band-Aids LOL I still love it though!!!!

6. huntconn

huntconn "Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile."

Guilty as charged! ::yes::

7. bowbat

bowbat DIS Veteran

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

More precisely, the monorail smell is as if an incontinent male cat got trapped in a YMCA bathroom. When we stay at monorail resorts, we tend to take the boat. ;)

8. PKWallaby

PKWallaby DIS Veteran

I'll put in another vote for it smelling like manure. Or as Costanza would say: "ma-nure". My daughter and I just rode yesterday and as soon as we entered, we looked at each other and said it in unison :rotfl2:

9. parlay

parlay Mouseketeer

:rotfl2: All these responses are hysterical! And although I agree to a certain extent with the band-aid smell. I associate the smell with LOTS of great memories - which makes it a pleasant experience - even with the funky smell!

10. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

But it's NURE and that's good and MA...;)

[​IMG]

ITA - it's not a smell I must endure, it's a memory maker:goodvibes

I've stayed at CR many times and I still get excited when I see the monorail (Ironman-orail?) come through. I love sitting at the Contempo Cafe and I'm always facing the monorail.

11. Lesleyluvsdisney

Lesleyluvsdisney DIS Veteran

Im really trying to evoke a monorail smell, cant remember it, but im sure come Monday this thread will coming rushing back to me and get ALL the smells mentioned!! :faint:

12. lilaurora

lilaurora Mouseketeer

I always think it smells like a dairy barn! My husband (who had never been in one) thinks I'm crazy. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks along those lines!

13. I loveStitchnippyjon

I loveStitchnippyjon DIS Veteran

Yep! Interesting that it has ALWAYS smelled that way! Not so bad, if you're a country girl!:lmao:

14. prplcrzy

prplcrzy <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

My family thinks it smells like a petting zoo. We haven't taken the monorail in years because of the smell, we opt for the ferry. LOL on some of these responses!!

Nancy

15. gcoolie

gcoolie I do believe in fairies!

We own a '08 Ford Expedition that occasionally smells just like the monorail when the heat/air condition is going. I am not kidding, the smell is exactly the same! They even have a fix for it that involves running some sort of gas through the vent system, but eventually it comes back. There are times when we are all in the car and pulling out of the driveway, the heat kicks on, and in unison we say "Aaaahhhh, monorail." :rotfl2: Our own little disgusting memory of Disney.

We still love the monorail though!

16. kirby428

kirby428 Mousejunkie Wannabe

Since it has been observed that the odor is found beyond the monorail and since odors are typically moved along by the air handling systems in both buildings and transports, then it seems obvious that WDW treats the air before it reaches our nose. Fragrance in the air is all a part of the imagineering. Not much at WDW is an accident if it adds to the magic. That'll work.

17. Lesleyluvsdisney

18. Lesleyluvsdisney

Just back. Everytime I went on monorail I thought of this thread, and...it stinks! Smells like wee mixed in with smelly feet. Eeeuughhh