Monorail smell :)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Jemepech, Mar 28, 2013.

1. 3DisneyBuggs

3DisneyBuggs <font color=teal>The only way I would fly is if Jo

The monorail doesn't smell like manure to me. My DS has a Power Rangers backpack from PreK that smells like the monorail! I can't explain the smell but it just smells Disney! LOL

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. PGHDisneyfan

PGHDisneyfan Im a lawnmower, you can tell me by the way I walk

It's similar to the smell you get when you turn your AC on in the car after a long winter. It's a combination of wet dog, mold, and tinkle, luckily it disappears from the car after a day or so. Sadly the monorail always smells (reeks) that way.

4. rachel09985

rachel09985 DIS Veteran

It does smell like manure. It is sooo stinky! Why does it smell like that? It may like smelling it because i love the monorail but it does stink.

5. Jemepech

Jemepech Earning My Ears

I think some of you may be confusing the smell of the people with and around you that smell like B.O it's not the monorail it's the people that go to disney and forget to SHOWER! () if you stay on property and get in first thing in the morning you'll know what I'm taking about.

6. summerlady

summerlady DIS Veteran

I agree with everyone who thinks the monorail smells like manure. Ick! What a stink. :faint:

7. 720L

720L DIS Veteran

Agree! It smells like farm! Doesn't bother me because I'm used to it!

8. bakie21

bakie21 Go Phins

I agree the monorails do not smell bad and nothing beats the cold air on a hot humid day.

9. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

:thumbsup2 Love the SkyWay background.
    Yep, I can't think of any WDW produced scent that I have an olfactory issue with since I associate the smell with a happy place. It just smells like the monorail to me (especially when our car is empty;)) and CoP smells, well, like CoP:love:

10. ParrotBill

ParrotBill Yo ho, yo ho, a parrot's life for me

I know exactly what the OP is saying... there is something about the materials inside (plastics or carpets) that is a memorable smell. As soon as I saw this post it created strong memory associations for me. I get the same thing from some other places - there is a unique smell from school bus vinyl that has a similar strong memory link for me.

The scents they pump into the hotel lobbies do the same thing... and they know it that's why they do it. The first Disney hotel I stayed at that does this is the Beach Club... and ever since it has been my favorite partly because of that intense memory-recognition that takes places when I walk into the lobby.

Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas!
    (we need to set that to music)

11. kapoof

kapoof DIS Veteran

Nononono!! I have gotten into empty cars and it selled like a whizzy diaper.

12. buzznina

buzznina DIS Veteran

Here is the smell what sticks in my families head from our last monorail(Red) ride a few years ago. The sight of the CM at the TCC, who was waiting for us to get off after being stuck on the rail for nearly 4 hours with no AC or windows. When the doors opened, the smell hit her like a wave and she actually took a step back from the odor:eek: and the look on her face:crazy2: said it all. Oldest DD, still does not want to ride the monorail.

13. ManyMinnie

ManyMinnie DIS Veteran

Nope, I've been alone in a car with one other person who I know didn't stink. ;)

It's the monorail.

14. Megsie1000

Megsie1000 Mouseketeer

Smells like all those kids who fell asleep while watching "Wishes" and then peed their pants on their way back to the car. ;)

15. Music City Mama

Music City Mama DIS Veteran

Add me to the list of those who think it smells like band-aids.

16. MickeyT

MickeyT DIS Veteran

Yes. But you did go to those Dead shows didn't you? VERY distinct smells :thumbsup2......

17. SkywayGuy

SkywayGuy Earning My Ears

Maybe they clean the Monorail cars with Windex, which has ammonia in it and thus would smell like a leaky cat.

18. k5thbeatle

k5thbeatle DIS Veteran

Good comparison. Now that I think about it I would have to agree.

19. brertoad

brertoad DIS Veteran

It smells like baby diaper and BO ::yes:: , definitely has that poop and pee smell that lingers long after the monorail car has emptied. Over the years those smells just dig in deeper - imagine the walls in a smoker's house over 30 years...

Megsie, you cracked me up. Hilarious because it must be true.

20. mad madam mim78

mad madam mim78 DIS Veteran

yes! Yessssssssss!!!

21. Princess Katherine

Princess Katherine The Yeti's Girlfriend

I like that too. When no one is inside one car and you inhale the smell of the air conditioner.