• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Monorail smell :)

OMG some of these responses are :rotfl2:.

We call it the gag-o-rail. We have stayed at the GF and CR many times and have been on the monorail first thing in the morning and it still makes me gag and I don't even want to sit or touch anything.

OP I would love to smell that smell you are talking about when we get on the monorail, but it hasn't happened yet.:sick::crazy2:

Get an incontinent male cat and your whole house can smell like the Monorail.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

More precisely, the monorail smell is as if an incontinent male cat got trapped in a YMCA bathroom. When we stay at monorail resorts, we tend to take the boat. ;)

I'll put in another vote for it smelling like manure. Or as Costanza would say: "ma-nure". My daughter and I just rode yesterday and as soon as we entered, we looked at each other and said it in unison :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: All these responses are hysterical! And although I agree to a certain extent with the band-aid smell. I associate the smell with LOTS of great memories - which makes it a pleasant experience - even with the funky smell!

I'll put in another vote for it smelling like manure. Or as Costanza would say: "ma-nure". My daughter and I just rode yesterday and as soon as we entered, we looked at each other and said it in unison :rotfl2:
But it's NURE and that's good and MA...;)

3p6dou.jpg

:rotfl2: All these responses are hysterical! And although I agree to a certain extent with the band-aid smell. I associate the smell with LOTS of great memories - which makes it a pleasant experience - even with the funky smell!
ITA - it's not a smell I must endure, it's a memory maker:goodvibes

I've stayed at CR many times and I still get excited when I see the monorail (Ironman-orail?) come through. I love sitting at the Contempo Cafe and I'm always facing the monorail.

Im really trying to evoke a monorail smell, cant remember it, but im sure come Monday this thread will coming rushing back to me and get ALL the smells mentioned!! :faint:

I always think it smells like a dairy barn! My husband (who had never been in one) thinks I'm crazy. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks along those lines!

I always think it smells like a dairy barn! My husband (who had never been in one) thinks I'm crazy. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks along those lines!

Yep! Interesting that it has ALWAYS smelled that way! Not so bad, if you're a country girl!:lmao:

My family thinks it smells like a petting zoo. We haven't taken the monorail in years because of the smell, we opt for the ferry. LOL on some of these responses!!

Nancy

We own a '08 Ford Expedition that occasionally smells just like the monorail when the heat/air condition is going. I am not kidding, the smell is exactly the same! They even have a fix for it that involves running some sort of gas through the vent system, but eventually it comes back. There are times when we are all in the car and pulling out of the driveway, the heat kicks on, and in unison we say "Aaaahhhh, monorail." :rotfl2: Our own little disgusting memory of Disney.

We still love the monorail though!

Since it has been observed that the odor is found beyond the monorail and since odors are typically moved along by the air handling systems in both buildings and transports, then it seems obvious that WDW treats the air before it reaches our nose. Fragrance in the air is all a part of the imagineering. Not much at WDW is an accident if it adds to the magic. That'll work.

Just back. Everytime I went on monorail I thought of this thread, and...it stinks! Smells like wee mixed in with smelly feet. Eeeuughhh

I always think is smells like a zoo. But I love it because it means I'm at WDW!!!

Some may think this is just silly or weird but I'm sure there are those who know exactly what I'm talking about. The great smell of the monorail. It has it own smell to me its so disney. I cant explain it but the smell instantly put in a calmer mood, when you smell you know your officially on vacation. I don't knwo if its intentionally or just they way they smell, but i would sure love to get my truck to smell like. Someone please let me know im not crazy cant be the only one. (I hope)......

I always think is smells like a zoo. But I love it because it means I'm at WDW!!!

I usually laugh at the ZOMBIE threads and just post my picture but this one made me laugh.

OP in 2013 loves the great smell of the monorail.

One of several reasons we hate to ride it is the LOCKER ROOM smell. :crazy2:

mickey_mouse_zombie_halloween_wf_black_pr17.jpg

We were there the first week of January and thought the exact same thing!!! When were you there? :lmao:

We were there in January and thought the EXACT same thing! Worse smell than normal! LOL

Whoops zombie thread! LOL Maybe there's something to this january thing, though....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter