Moms to Be Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm finally back! And I'm a mommy!!!

After 12 hours of 'cramps, not contractions' from a failed induction, an emergency c-section and 6 weeks of crazy breastfeeding issues, I finally have the time to come here and post some pictures of my amazing little guy!! Mr James Dawson (though we're calling him Dawson or JD) Born on April 14 at 11:37am. 10lbs, 22"!

P1010232-3.jpg

JD2028.jpg

JD2090.jpg

JD2098.jpg

JD2132.jpg

He's the best kid ever. I seriously couldn't ask for anything more. He's so calm, and friendly, and just the cliche bundle of joy. :love:And freakin cute, if I do say so myself!

:cheer2:Welcome Dawson!!:cheer2:
caitty13 ... Welcome Lilliana Mae. Born May 28, 7 lbs, 5 ounces, 19in!
Piecey ... due June 3 ... It's a boy!
SDFgirl ... due June 3 ... It's a girl!
ShootingStarMom2 ... due June 12 ... It's a boy!
Mommy2Abby ... due June 13 ... It's a surprise!
rparmfamily ... due June 20 ... It's a girl!
Disney Ron ... due June 23 ... It's a girl!
MinnieFan4ever ... due June 27 ... It's a girl!
Ride Junkie... due June 28 ... It's a girl!
Disney Khi ... due June 28 ... It's a surprise!
robnkris ... due July 2 ... It's a boy!
mmkk ... due July 2 ... It's a boy!
NEM ... due July 4 ... It's a boy!
Gator Mickey ... due July 8 ... It's a girl!
DisneyDiva2006 ... due July 9 ... It's a surprise!
vetrik ... due July 9 ... It's a surprise!
goodeats ... due July 10 ... It's a girl!
tone.def ... due July 15 ... It's a girl!
luckyfin ... due July 17 ... It's a surprise!
harleyquinn ... due July 28 ... It's a girl!
jaleaton... due July 28 ... It's a girl!
MelessaG ... due July 31 ... It's a girl!
HomeSweetDisney ... due August 2 ... It's a boy!
Quennifer2008 ... due August 2 ... It's a surprise!
Fintastic ... due August 19 ... It's a boy!
DannysMom ... due September 5 ... It's a boy!! AND It's a girl!!
kami2199 ... due September 7 ... It's a surprise!
Skylarr ... due September 7 ... It's a boy!
Maggimus ... due September 14 ... It's a boy!
yellowfish78 ... due September 15 ... It's a surprise!
MyZoeJane ... due September 16 ... It's a surprise!
Disneycrazy ... due September 20 ... It's a boy!
helloirishkitty ... due September 23 ... It's a boy!
TinkerbellRN ... due September 23 ... It's a boy!
IHeartTink ... October 1 ... It's a surprise!
connorlevismom ... due October 2 ... It's a surprise!
Linzybrooke ... October 9 ... It's a boy!
Adi12982 ... October 16 ... It's a girl!
KristEn87 ... due November 19... It's a surprise!
CandleontheWater ... due November 19... It's a surprise!
sbell111 ... due November 26... It's a surprise!
ecteacher23 ... due December 3... It's a surprise!
taraprather ... due December 15... It's a surprise!
POOHDRMR ... due December 28... It's a surprise!
apress ... due January... It's a surprise!
Jenny-momof3 ... due January 17... It's a surprise!
BabyTigger99 ... due January 30... It's a surprise!
trmcguire ... due February ... It's a surprise!
boltfans ... due February 5ish... It's a surprise!

Thanks everyone for the welcome.I have been so sick this time-with my 1st I had morning sickness that was more managable and went away by 16 weeks.This time it is all day and it is so bad I can't do things.I am laying down all the time and feel horrible.Even talking makes me feel worse.I am taking progesterone because I was spotting at 6 weeks and my numbers were a little on the low side so I don't know if the extra hormones are causing it but I go to my doctor today and am going to talk to him about it.Even my daughter looks at me and says go lay down mom I will do that for you cause I look so horrible! It is hard for me to not do everything-I am a clean freak so it is hard to not keep things spotless(though I must say the rest of my family seems happier with out me on their case to not make a mess because I just cleaned!)Anyway,we haven't told everyone yet because of the spotting in the beginning we wanted to wait-I am 34(35 in Sept)so I know my risks are higher than last time.I saw some of you guys talking about pain meds-I was enduced with my 1st and had an epidural but I am not sure this time if I get one again.I didn't like it at all,and after I had alot of pain in my back.It took 2 tries for them to get it so I don't know if that is why.Good luck to all the moms close to delievering and thanks for listening to me whine!

Wow! Quite a run on boys! Yay! Our girl's won't have to fight over them now!

Scornelious he is soo handsome!! He loves showing off his little tongue, doesn't he!! lol

Did you work the bfing issues out?

Hello all! I was in Moms to be part 2.... and now I will join this one! I think I am due in early February, but I have no idea since my cycle was never since after giving birth in December! I guess I will fin out when I go to the doctor. Can't believe I'm doing this again!! This is a complete shock since I was using birth control. :rotfl: Also- we already booked and paid for our December trip. We are taking my son for his first birthday December 5-11. Any ideas or do you think we need to cancel?

:cheer2:Congrats!!! I just saw your name on the list! My first 2 boys are close together---it can get crazy at times (meaning ALL the time;)), but they are soooo close! They refuse to sleep in separate beds, it's so cute.

As far as your December trip goes, as long as you aren't having any preg. complication, I say go for it! The weather will be awesome and James will have a blast! It will be your special trip with him before the baby comes! :goodvibes

Thanks everyone for the welcome.I have been so sick this time-with my 1st I had morning sickness that was more managable and went away by 16 weeks.This time it is all day and it is so bad I can't do things.I am laying down all the time and feel horrible.Even talking makes me feel worse.I am taking progesterone because I was spotting at 6 weeks and my numbers were a little on the low side so I don't know if the extra hormones are causing it but I go to my doctor today and am going to talk to him about it.Even my daughter looks at me and says go lay down mom I will do that for you cause I look so horrible! It is hard for me to not do everything-I am a clean freak so it is hard to not keep things spotless(though I must say the rest of my family seems happier with out me on their case to not make a mess because I just cleaned!)Anyway,we haven't told everyone yet because of the spotting in the beginning we wanted to wait-I am 34(35 in Sept)so I know my risks are higher than last time.I saw some of you guys talking about pain meds-I was enduced with my 1st and had an epidural but I am not sure this time if I get one again.I didn't like it at all,and after I had alot of pain in my back.It took 2 tries for them to get it so I don't know if that is why.Good luck to all the moms close to delievering and thanks for listening to me whine!

I feel ya! I lost 22 pounds in the first 14 weeks, but I still wasn't as bad as what you are describing...I would definitely talk to your Dr. I know that my issues were related to my pre-natals, not totally the reason, but they contributed.

I hope you figure it out and feel better soon!! :grouphug:

I'm finally back! And I'm a mommy!!!

He's the best kid ever. I seriously couldn't ask for anything more. He's so calm, and friendly, and just the cliche bundle of joy. :love:And freakin cute, if I do say so myself!

Congratulations Scornelius!!! Dawson is adorable!:goodvibes

Hello everyone. I havent been around much this past week-- just being lazy laying by the pool and stuff.

Has anyone had experience with the Rhogam shot? I have to get it in my rear end on my next apt.... not looking forward to that one (lol Patsy reminded me when she said she didnt want people looking at her butt).

Patsy-- dont forget to update us on your little one! We will all be eager to hear and see photos ofcourse!!

Has anyone had experience with the Rhogam shot? I have to get it in my rear end on my next apt.... not looking forward to that one (lol Patsy reminded me when she said she didnt want people looking at her butt).

I've had many, many Rhogam shots. My best advice is: stand up, hold your leg straight, but don't tense the muscle. It will pinch (and maybe burn) for a minute, but then you should be ok. They use a slightly thicker needle because it's an oil-based serum.

If you really tense up, then it might hurt for a while after.:thumbsup2

:cheer2:Congrats!!! I just saw your name on the list! My first 2 boys are close together---it can get crazy at times (meaning ALL the time;)), but they are soooo close! They refuse to sleep in separate beds, it's so cute.

As far as your December trip goes, as long as you aren't having any preg. complication, I say go for it! The weather will be awesome and James will have a blast! It will be your special trip with him before the baby comes! :goodvibes

Thank you! We are really excited! I was really thinking December would be the best time to go anyway- any earlier would be more crowed and too hot, and any later is cutting it too close! I'm pretty sure my doctor will be okay with it, he is very laid back. Man, I don't think he expected to see me this soon :lmao:.

Patsy-it sounds like your bag might be complete-I can't think of anything off the top of my head that you might be missing. I've just got last minute items I have to add to my bag (like a little makeup, razor, etc.)

I had the epidural with Madeline and plan to have it with this one as well. I'm more afraid of the pain of labor than I am of the poke in the back! ;) I don't know that I ever got the option of the Nubain shot (I don't remember it being mentioned with either pregnancy).

Phew, thats a relief. I just know if I forget something DH will never be able to find it amongst all these boxes.
I forgot-- I also have the two baby books in the car, as they said they'll ink anything I want with his feet/hand prints and I've got one photo book thingie and one actual album thingie to do. :banana:

I don't know why but I just REALLY hate the idea of an epidural. My OB is one of only two in the area that offer the IV medications as an alternative... I learned that at my childcare class... ;)
They said it's less common because the IV drugs can make the baby less responsive (because Nubain is a narcotic)... so it could possibly heighten the chance of a C-Section if baby went into distress.. but I've been given Demerol twice (same category of painkiller as Nubain) for my gallbladder attacks and they've monitored Lucas well after the shot to see how he handled it and he was fine, so I'm not too worried about that.
I trust my OB and sorta thought it was fate that the two OB's I was torn between at the beginning are the two that offer this as an alternative to the epidural. Kinda like I was meant to do it this way, as I'm more comfortable with it. Is that crazy??
I'll report back how it goes! :goodvibes

It's nice to hear about the differences in pain medication from everyone. For some reason in my circle of friends at home, the only way to go is no meds. I'm sure it's doable, but I'm still gonna want something!

Talk to whoever is doing your prenatal care, NOW! Don't wait until the day before like me and still be a bit wishy-washy...
I hate when other peoples opinions overshadow what I want. My MIL gave me a TON of crap about circumcision ("How can you do that to him? They don't use pain medication you know!"..actually, my OB DOES use pain medication, LADY!) ...and told me I was an idiot for not wanting pain medication and how I'd see afterwards and blah, blah, blah.
Decide on YOUR terms and if anyone asks say "I haven't decided yet" but be confident in what you chose and not take anyone elses crap. Best advice I can give!

Boy, has this thread been moving fast. I am so far behind. I just wanted to check in and say hi to everyone.

Hope everyone is feeling well, and getting lots of rest!

37 weeks and counting !!!!!:cool1:
Ann

Emma is on her way!
(Emma, right? :headache:)

Piecey~ I had a nubain drip with my 1st and 2nd. It made me really groggy and totally out of it so I had them turn it off and I went without drugs after that.... and the 2nd one I was on pitocin as well. With my 3rd I said NO nubain and got the epidural. I labored for 17 hours before I got it and ended up delivering within an hour of getting it... that was the best hour of all 3 labors for me. :thumbsup2

Best of luck tomorrow morning!!

Yes, that is true about the groggy feeling. Funny how much you forget about labor. I only had one shot though- so by the time I was pushing, I was not groggy anymore- just when I went from 4cm- to fully dilated!!!

My original plan was not to have any meds at all though after more than 48 hours of labor (BACK labor at that), I just was so exhausted that I needed a little something to help me to relax to have enough energy to push that baby out. By the way, pushing was the EASY part! totally!

My OB said she turns the drop off about an hour-two hours before she thinks I'll be ready to push so that I'm not out of it. Demerol, like I said up yonder there somewhere, is the same class and never made me groggy. :confused3
We shall see! :thumbsup2
Thanks for the input though, it's appreciated!! Definitely why these threads are great!

Piecey, (and anyone else) one thing you may want to pick up for your hospital bag is a sleep mask. It is totally the best thing I've had with me. Hospital rooms, even real spiffy LDR rooms are never dark. I find it hard to sleep if it's not pretty dark. So bring a sleep mask.

Thanks! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Scornelius
he's ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lovestruc That is totally one of the cutest babies I've ever seen ! I love his little grin. :lovestruc

Awww, now I'm super exctited to see my guy TOMORROW! :scared1:

Hello everyone. I havent been around much this past week-- just being lazy laying by the pool and stuff.

Patsy-- dont forget to update us on your little one! We will all be eager to hear and see photos ofcourse!!

Ugh, I was going to the pool yesterday (my parents have an in ground I totally planned to be taking advantage of ) but it was 50 outside! WTH?! :mad:

I got my Rhogam in the shoulder... :confused3 Just walked in the lab, told them my name, gave them the order and she stuck me in the shoulder while still discussing their co-workers affair with the other lab attendant... :rotfl:
Why your bum?!

I'll report back Friday, probably. I never asked if the hospital had wifi. :confused3

When I had James in December I brought sooo much stuff to the hospital. I thought I was going to need so much stuff. Turns out I used almost nothing and then I wished I hadn't brought so much since we had to lug it all home. And you get so much stuff from the hospital it ends up taking up a bunch of room! This time I'm, just bringing my camera, my make up/ toiletries, and some extra socks!

Wow- crazy busy board yesterday and today.

Dawson is such a handsome little guy. So cute:love: Glad to hear all is going well.

Piecey- Goodluck tomorrow. In less than 24 hours you could be a Mommy:banana:

Harleyquinn- Thanks for the Kohl's heads up. What great deals.

To all the new Moms to be... WELCOME AND CONGRATS:cheer2:

I had my doctors app't yesterday, I was there for 2 hours. She was called away to do a C-section. Oh well, I did get a lot of reading done. Anyway, not much progress on my end. She thinks Natalie is 6 1/2 pounds now. Looks like she will be an 8 + pounder. Both me and my DH were 8 pounds so I am sure she will be too.

Okay girls- have a great day!

Veronica- I can see being embarassed but at least think about it some more-- it would be much more embarassing to fall and have to call an ambulance or eat your words if something happens and there is no one around to help... At least vow to keep your cell phone tied on a chain around your neck, like a younger-hipper version of "Med Alert".. :)

My cell phone will definitely be on me at all times. But it turns out a few of my friends are offering to come over and keep me company, at least until bed time so that I don't have to be alone :goodvibes Then of course I have my very fierce (read that with MUCH sarcasm) guard dog keeping watch too :rotfl:

Scornelius, your little guy is absolutely precious! What a sweetie :goodvibes

Harleyquinn- I just ordered some stuff off of Kohl's. Thank You :-)worship:)so much for the tip. I was able to use the charge today and still save an extra 15%. The swing ended up being only $59.49. I was looking at that exact one on Amazon, but they were out of stock. Thanks again!!!!

Scornelius, Dawson is soooo cute. Congrats!! And jeez, 10 lbs!!! no wonder you ended up going c-section. Big baby. :goodvibes

How are you recovering?

AHHHH!!!

I'm so sick of these stupid computers. For over a week our computers at work (library) will not stay up. They go down for a couple of minutes and then come right back. Sometimes they go down for about 20-45 minutes and we have to shut off all the monitors and constantly tell everyone walking in that they are down..."No, the Internet isn't working...no, you can't type something...no, I have no idea when it'll be back up."

This happens from time to time, but it usually stays down completely and then is fixed, but AT&T won't fix anything because by the time we call them, the stupid system is back up. They won't do anything until they see it's down themselves...there is obviously a problem with the lines.

We've been dealing with it for a week and a half, and I keep telling the regulars that they need to go to our other buildings (4 of them less than 5 miles away) until at least next week or they have to deal with it going down. They won't listen and they are getting more and more mean as it keeps happening.

AHHHH!!! It's gone up and down 4 times since I've been trying to type this!!!

Ugh, I HATED when computers went down at work.

Whats my balance? I don't know.
How much is my payment? I don't know.

Manual teller work is the poops.

I'm off to make sweet and sour chicken for my and DH's last night alone together for awhile... I can't believe I go in in 12 hours!!!

I spent my last day having lunch with a friend and then we came home and unpacked my kitchen and I did laundry, too. SO exciting!
Oh, and the house got treated for termites (which we don't have, but it was written into our contract when we bought and we never had the treatment done)... :rotfl:
What an exciting last day as a non-mommy!

Ugh, I HATED when computers went down at work.

Whats my balance? I don't know.
How much is my payment? I don't know.

Manual teller work is the poops.

I'm off to make sweet and sour chicken for my and DH's last night alone together for awhile... I can't believe I go in in 12 hours!!!

I spent my last day having lunch with a friend and then we came home and unpacked my kitchen and I did laundry, too. SO exciting!
Oh, and the house got treated for termites (which we don't have, but it was written into our contract when we bought and we never had the treatment done)... :rotfl:
What an exciting last day as a non-mommy!

All my best to you and the little one (and DH too, just for the heck of it!):goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes I don't know if I'll be on here again tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter