Moms to Be Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm.. thanks for the warning. I'll keep an eye on things. They haven't started service yet and they are only flying out of this airport T/Th/Sa... same time everyday, only 1 flight per day. Same thing coming back. I don't know how much they could mess with it, being such a small airport with only 1 runway... but I'll be on the watch!

Sometimes being an adult-having common sense is the pits. :sick:
My 12wk maternity leave is paid in a lump sum and so that'll be taking us to Disney.... I told DH we were already adjusting to the money not being there so whats the problem with using part of my final check for a little fun? :rolleyes1

:rolleyes:Yes, personal responsibility sucks. :laughing: I know I'm Disney obsessed, and I'll fight the urge every time a new code or promo comes out this year. But I can wait until next July (hopefully!). Sounds like you have the money ready and need to go and have fun!!!!!

That is great that you get paid for your maternity leave. We get nothing, unless we have days built up. I just timed this baby right. I will lose some of my June paycheck, 5 days, then get a full check for July. Since I'm due the last week of school, I'll have 9 full weeks of summer home with the baby. That is why I'm debating working after next week-that would be another 5 days of no pay (that will come out of my May check-payroll is calculated as of the 15th of every month). I'm already not working the last week (May 18-22, this is the cut in my June check). We only get 9 days off work a year with pay, and I've used them for dr's appts and for my other kids when they were sick. I told the office I may take the week of May 11-15 depending on what the dr. says at my appt Thu. I hate to take the cut in pay, but it is so hard to go to work right now! Another problem is that I'm not planning on coming back next year (if the new job works out) so I need to pack up my room at some point. Too much to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I've been MIA. Short story, felt some contractions Tuesday night, so went to the hospital.... spent 2 nights trapped in L&D while they monitored me. Cervix appears to be starting to shorten & soften up (scary $hit at 21 weeks)

But I'm still pg. Discharged on home bedrest. I'm not allowed to do *anything* It's already getting kinda old, but hopefully I can keep these kids cooking to a safe gestation. I still won't be happy with anything sooner than August, but recognize that sooner than that is a very real possibility.

They switched up one of my BP meds to one that has a side effect of relaxing smooth muscles (including the uterus) -- in an attempt to keep these kids parked a while longer. SO pretty much the only thing I'm doing is sitting around & then going to Dr appts.

Oh and while I was in the hospital, my urine cultured positive for group B strep -- so I have a week of ABX to take as well. Joy.

So it seems that I have an irritable uterus. It's kinda scary, as I don't always feel the contractions unless I have my hands on my belly, they are not painful or very obvious. I am really abnormal on that front. I watch the baby/ birth shows on discovery & discovery health & they all describe contractions as very painful, worst pain they've ever felt, the worst cramp in the world & I'm all like "am I contracting?":confused:

It gets a bit old, telling nurses & doctors that no, no pain & I'm not sure how often I'm contracting as I don't feel it unless I have my hands on my belly. Oh yeah & the monitors don't often get my contractions, don't know why, I'm heavier, have a sway back, belts just move on me..... could be any of those reasons or all of them..... but eventually enough nurses felt it while seeing very little change on the monitors plus of course cervical changes, that they believe me. Think they thought I was just a "nervous nellie" when I first showed up, that changed.

So wish me well, say a prayer, I gotta keep these babies inside a good long time & my body seems less than coopertive.

Scary $hit indeed! I was wondering where you were. Take care of yourself and those babies and we will do our best to keep you entertained here on the DIS.

Sorry I've been MIA. Short story, felt some contractions Tuesday night, so went to the hospital.... spent 2 nights trapped in L&D while they monitored me. Cervix appears to be starting to shorten & soften up (scary $hit at 21 weeks)

But I'm still pg. Discharged on home bedrest. I'm not allowed to do *anything* It's already getting kinda old, but hopefully I can keep these kids cooking to a safe gestation. I still won't be happy with anything sooner than August, but recognize that sooner than that is a very real possibility.

They switched up one of my BP meds to one that has a side effect of relaxing smooth muscles (including the uterus) -- in an attempt to keep these kids parked a while longer. SO pretty much the only thing I'm doing is sitting around & then going to Dr appts.

Oh and while I was in the hospital, my urine cultured positive for group B strep -- so I have a week of ABX to take as well. Joy.

So it seems that I have an irritable uterus. It's kinda scary, as I don't always feel the contractions unless I have my hands on my belly, they are not painful or very obvious. I am really abnormal on that front. I watch the baby/ birth shows on discovery & discovery health & they all describe contractions as very painful, worst pain they've ever felt, the worst cramp in the world & I'm all like "am I contracting?":confused:

It gets a bit old, telling nurses & doctors that no, no pain & I'm not sure how often I'm contracting as I don't feel it unless I have my hands on my belly. Oh yeah & the monitors don't often get my contractions, don't know why, I'm heavier, have a sway back, belts just move on me..... could be any of those reasons or all of them..... but eventually enough nurses felt it while seeing very little change on the monitors plus of course cervical changes, that they believe me. Think they thought I was just a "nervous nellie" when I first showed up, that changed.

So wish me well, say a prayer, I gotta keep these babies inside a good long time & my body seems less than coopertive.

DannysMom- That must have been the longest 2 nights of your life. Stay put in bed/couch/chair and relax. :grouphug:

Thanks everyone. I've still gotta learn how to to do this. Doing nothing is harder than you imagine.:sad2:

DH has a business trip this week. It's an annual conference that he *really* does need to attend. So after having a small teary meltdown last night. I decided that while he's away we oughta send our dog to the dogsitter until he gets back.

My MIL lives with us (as well as my DH's grandmother, but she's a dotty 86 & needs taking care of herself) -- and when we go away we do not leave her in charge of the dog, she can't read him & makes him anxious. But anyway, my MIL can pretty much handle my son, but the dog just frustrates her.

So this morning I called our dogsitter, a very nice lady that only takes care of greyhounds & told her what was going on with me & asked if she could take Casey until Friday. Luckily she can, she's not packed with dogs this week. I think the downturn in the economy has less dog-owners travelling & leaving their dogs with her. And being an older mellow dog, Casey is pretty easy for her to take care of & she & her family really like him too.

So while I'm sad to exile my dog, I think it's worth it for the reduction in stress. I know he's in good hands, and he always seems to have a good time while he's there, she has 3 of her own greyhounds & when we came back from vacation, he seemed happy & even trimmer. Reports were that he really liked playing with her 2 younger dogs, 2 years & 1 year old. My old dog is 10.

I feel like I've been exiled from my life. I'm here, but I feel kinda like a ghost. It's only 3 months, if I can hang on for 3 months it'll be OK.

:rolleyes:Yes, personal responsibility sucks. :laughing: I know I'm Disney obsessed, and I'll fight the urge every time a new code or promo comes out this year. But I can wait until next July (hopefully!). Sounds like you have the money ready and need to go and have fun!!!!!

That is great that you get paid for your maternity leave. We get nothing, unless we have days built up. I just timed this baby right. I will lose some of my June paycheck, 5 days, then get a full check for July. Since I'm due the last week of school, I'll have 9 full weeks of summer home with the baby. That is why I'm debating working after next week-that would be another 5 days of no pay (that will come out of my May check-payroll is calculated as of the 15th of every month). I'm already not working the last week (May 18-22, this is the cut in my June check). We only get 9 days off work a year with pay, and I've used them for dr's appts and for my other kids when they were sick. I told the office I may take the week of May 11-15 depending on what the dr. says at my appt Thu. I hate to take the cut in pay, but it is so hard to go to work right now! Another problem is that I'm not planning on coming back next year (if the new job works out) so I need to pack up my room at some point. Too much to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everytime you say July I'm like WHY DO THAT TO YOURSELF! then I remember where you're from! :rotfl: I've been to Orlando in July one time, for my brother's birthday, and that was enough. Never, ever again! That would be great though- no school, baby will be over a year old (but still free, I like the whole free thing).... sounds perfect!
Well we don't really have the money technically yet.. but the Chase VISA is 0% for 6 months and I'll get my maternity pay by then. We have a vacation account but I'm not touching it, still holding out for a DCL in 2012!

Oh man, you DO have a lot going on! It would definitely be hard to take that pay cut. I can't imagine having to pack up the room, too. I'm struggling with packing up our house- so many things I stretch to life or move and then I realize it's probably not a very good idea.. and I'm horribly nostalgic and so I think packing up a room with memories would kill me, add in the horomones and I'd be crying like a baby!
I was amazed at my maternity leave benefit- I had no idea. Especially because I'm part-time. I clicked on "Having a baby?" in HR and was :eek: that I was eligible for 12 weeks with pay. By the skin on my teeth... which my manager tried to fight me on. Part-timers have to have been with the company for 2 years of "recognized service" at the time of the birth. I worked for them for 15 months 2006-2007 before they laid me off. They re-hired me 9 months later, in September of 08, which is when I got pregnant. So add the 9 months to cook Lucas and we're at 24 months exactly. BUT HR's policy is "recognized service" counts any time you were gone if you came back to the company within a year.
So my "recognized service", when I have Lucas, will be 2 years and 9 months... :rotfl:
By the skin on my teeth, I tell you... but truly, I think it's an amazing benefit for a company to offer their employees, especially us part-timers! :cloud9:

I feel like I've been exiled from my life. I'm here, but I feel kinda like a ghost. It's only 3 months, if I can hang on for 3 months it'll be OK.

I'm so sorry about everything you're going through. :hug:
It stinks to have to exile your doggie, too. It's great though that he has somewhere to go where he wil be well taken care of- like a doggie vacation!!
It's only 3 months, you can do it!! We can try to help! ;)
(Kinda like the Shake-n-Bake commercial, you know- you can do it, we can help... I'm a dork, I know... :flower3:)
Think of all the time you can spend picking out names now!! :goodvibes

Piecey, you are lucky to have that leave! So many people don't have a clue about the FMLA. One of my coworkers and his wife (she teaches at our middle school) have been trying to get pregnant for over 2 years-they finally had success with in vitro. So this didn't just sneak up on them! She is due in Dec. There are 3 of us pregnant at the high school (not counting the students:scared1:) and he was talking to another lady about getting 9 wks off with pay! She told him that Hope would get 9 wks off, but not with pay, unless she had days built up. He came and found me and told me how misinformed the other lady was. I had to explain to him that the FMLA means you can take the time off and not lose you job or benefits, but that Hope wouldn't be paid during that time. He was freaking out, and the last I saw he was heading to call his wife!

DannysMom, I feel for you. I don't do well sitting around either. I get it honestly-my mother will never retire. Maybe you can read some really good books while you are home.

Valerie-my thoughts and prayers are with you right now. I know it must really suck to be on bed rest for what I am sure seems like forever, but I know you can do it!! And we are here to help in any way!!!

I found some fun and "interesting" pregnancy facts that I thought I would share.

Some people drink the urine of pregnant women to build up their immune system.

The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C.

Every day, over 1,300 babies are born prematurely in the USA.

During pregnancy, the average woman's uterus expands up to five hundred times its normal size.

A pregnant woman's dental health can affect her unborn child.

May babies are on average 200 grams heavier than babies born in other months.

When a women is pregnant, her senses are all heightened. (I can vouch for this one!)

Studies show that couples that smoke during the time of conception have a higher chance of having a girl compared to couples that do not smoke.

Yes, yes another post from me! I can't seem to complete all my thoughts before hitting submit today!

I have a question for ya'll. What do you think of the name Sonny for a little boy? We haven't definitley picked out names, we just have it narrowed down to a short list and this name came to me this morning. My dad was fondly known as Sonny and my FIL is also called Sonny by several friends and relatives and I thought it would be cute. Also, in the south its normal to nickname the first born son as "Sonny" but I would like to use it as his name not just as a nickname. But what is public opinion about this name?

Piecey, you are lucky to have that leave! So many people don't have a clue about the FMLA. One of my coworkers and his wife (she teaches at our middle school) have been trying to get pregnant for over 2 years-they finally had success with in vitro. So this didn't just sneak up on them! She is due in Dec. There are 3 of us pregnant at the high school (not counting the students:scared1:) and he was talking to another lady about getting 9 wks off with pay! She told him that Hope would get 9 wks off, but not with pay, unless she had days built up. He came and found me and told me how misinformed the other lady was. I had to explain to him that the FMLA means you can take the time off and not lose you job or benefits, but that Hope wouldn't be paid during that time. He was freaking out, and the last I saw he was heading to call his wife!

It IS bad how misinformed people are about FMLA. Because I've not been with my company for the full year when I go, I'm not eligible for FMLA. But I still get my leave. Thank goodness. I truly feel blessed- I know that we are incredibly, incredibly lucky.

My mother is incredibly perturbed that her boss will not let her have time off when I have Lucas. So she's on my butt to schedule my gallbladder surgery so that she can FMLA because my surgery is eligible, but having Lucas is not... Lady cracks me up. :rotfl: She really wants some time with her grandkid!

Good thing you pointed them in the right direction-- I think some employers hide this information (it's not as easy as clicking on "Having a Baby?" in the HR network which I have to go through to see my paycheck... like it was for me!)
How exciting for them, too!!

...I totally lost my friends number that was going to test this week. I'm so mad at myself! :mad:

Yes, yes another post from me! I can't seem to complete all my thoughts before hitting submit today!

I have a question for ya'll. What do you think of the name Sonny for a little boy? We haven't definitley picked out names, we just have it narrowed down to a short list and this name came to me this morning. My dad was fondly known as Sonny and my FIL is also called Sonny by several friends and relatives and I thought it would be cute. Also, in the south its normal to nickname the first born son as "Sonny" but I would like to use it as his name not just as a nickname. But what is public opinion about this name?

Hmm... see, I think of it as a nickname. But I'm from up north. I've never met anyone with that name, only used as a nickname.. and even that maybe only 1 my entire life?

It's cute, though. I like it! :thumbsup2

Well according to the Social Security Administration in 2007 it was the 865th most popular boys name, so pretty far down on the list, but folks have done it. link here: http://www.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/babyname.cgi

Personally it doesn't really grab me, but hey, I wasn't planning on using it. Do what you feel right. :) I think I like it better as an informal nickname, not a given name. But like I said, not my kid. :goodvibes

Has anyone ever pre-ordered the PhotoPass CD?

I'm trying to decide. It's $100 (eek!) but I'm thinking with his age... what better time to have LOTS of pictures taken by the Photopass photographers? I've never really bothered with them before.. but now... I've got a family!!!

(5 months old.. thats still an entirely formula diet, right?)

I preordered it for the 2007 trip. We took tons of pictures-the Christmas stuff was out and the character interaction was great! If you don't get enough pics, you can get a refund.

Solids are generally introduced between 4 and 6 mos, so he wouldn't be eating much. Maybe some cereal mixed in with formula. A box of cereal won't take up much room in your luggage!

To wash out things on our last trip, I took some of those cheap, disposable cleaning cloths, cut them into smaller squares, poured some dishwashing soap on them, and let them dry, then packed them in a ziploc bag. Then we could wash what little bit of stuff we had in the sink.

I too have only heard it as a nickname. Don't let that stop you though. Go with what you like. If you love it, that's all that matters. :thumbsup2 It is neat that both the Grandpa's have gone by Sonny.

mmkk, ill be the oddball and say that i really like Sonny.

Honestly, I don't like to talk names with people because I dont want to hear "every "so&so" ive ever known was mean"... or "that sounds like a "blank" name".

I think its cute. I'm sick of hearing overly used names... Sonny isn't all too common anymore and reminds me of something older, something probably originating in the south-- something kind of "war" times like. I don't know-- I love it though! I love Levi.... very southern and battlefield'ish ... but Dh doesn't like it. LOL.

Go with whatever makes you and DH happy.

I preordered it for the 2007 trip. We took tons of pictures-the Christmas stuff was out and the character interaction was great! If you don't get enough pics, you can get a refund.

Solids are generally introduced between 4 and 6 mos, so he wouldn't be eating much. Maybe some cereal mixed in with formula. A box of cereal won't take up much room in your luggage!

To wash out things on our last trip, I took some of those cheap, disposable cleaning cloths, cut them into smaller squares, poured some dishwashing soap on them, and let them dry, then packed them in a ziploc bag. Then we could wash what little bit of stuff we had in the sink.

Hmm.. good to know, thanks.

Thanks for the tip on the cleaning cloths. At one point I had "Dawn" disposable dishclothes but I haven't seen them in stores in forever. Irritating when something neat disappears.

I joined a fridge swap (why not?) on the budget board so we'll have a fridge. Which is good. I'm in obsessive planning mode- everything that I've done in the past will be so much different with him in tow.

I think I'll pre-order that disc. DH is actually all for it, woohoo. I just wish I could use my Disney Dream (the Chase VISA rewards) to pay for it. Oh well. :headache:

Now to decide on the dining plan..

Appreciate all the advice and hints and such. :goodvibes

I think Sonny is cute, but, honestly, I like it for a girl....
BUT, I've learned, don't listen to anyone else. Do what you like. When the baby gets here, and they are called by that name, everyone gets used to it, then no one can imagine them being named anything else :thumbsup2

Thanks for all the opinions (for and somewhat against). I guess I just wanted to get some opinions so I could think it thru. Maggie- I actually haven't ran it by DH yet. He's been in Colorado at a Christian Men's retreat all weekend and i haven't had any contact with him until just a little while ago. He's headed home and will be back around midnight. I will put it past him this week to see his reaction. Who knows, he may completely veto it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter