Moms to Be Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww yay, I am so happy for you! And so jealous! ;) I wish I could go too. I think Jake's first trip will be when he's 2. My parents own DVC and they promised me a trip with Jake at that age. And I plan on holding them to it! :rotfl:

No way! Now I'm totally jealous of both of you! :thumbsup2

No way! Now I'm totally jealous of both of you! :thumbsup2

When do you think you'll take Lily? Did you guys give any more thought to what you're going to do for your first vacation?

Veronica-
....2 would be a great age! And he'll still be free! ;) Where do they own at? I would so buy into DVC in a heartbeat!

This is just working out so cheap, I couldn't say NO! With the PIN code it'd be $1426 for room, tickets and flight for Tom and I (Lucas is of course a freebie) for 7 nights/7 days! With a $100 gift card coming back to us. :banana:
I'll cash out the Disney Dream Dollars on DH's Visa ($90 alone for our HVAC crap! :scared1:) and we'll be covered for food and souveniers! :goodvibes
I might cash out the DDR's on mine, too.. we shall see! :cloud9:

I got the email too, and I so want to do this! I'm just getting in from work, so I need to do some thinking tonight and this weekend. The email says through Nov. 24. I'm wondering if this is like the other offers, where if I'm booked by the 24th I get the rest of the week as well. In 2007 we did Thanksgiving (me, Nicholas was 10, Kimberly was 8, 6 nights, 5 day base tickets, with the dining plan) for around $1400. That didn't include flights, or MVMCP tickets, but it was still a great deal for a holiday week! The code I used was through the Friday before Thanksgiving, and that was our arrival day. So we ended up saving on the whole week!

Can you price this on the website, or do you have to call? I don't know if there is a place to put the pin number in or not.

I think you have to call. I called and spoke with the guy, anyway. I was excited!!!
He said they'd let me do 2 rooms (one for my parents if they decide to join us, too) and they'd get their own $100 gift card. Thats something I plan to re-confirm when I call to make the actual reservation, though. Seems too good to be true!

There is a whole thread on the budget board of different pin codes, and this one is by far the best one! We got lucky!! A few people have noted success with getting deals close to their PIN code offer with that little blurb at the bottom that says "Ask about great rates to for other lengths of stay 11/28-12/17/09."

I think you're right, I think you can go starting the 24th and still get the deal. I picked our dates based off of airfare- all the other air tickets would be $40 more + taxes which isn't a HUGE deal but we can really go whenever we want. DH might want to go over Thanksgiving though and that way not miss class. I don't know if I want to mention that to him or not! We'll see what my parents say I guess.
Let me know what you find out!

It would be neat if some of us were there at the same time... (hint, hint Sarah..)

Off to dinner and a movie (Wolverine? DH gets his way after today!) have a great weekend everyone!!

Veronica-
....2 would be a great age! And he'll still be free! ;) Where do they own at? I would so buy into DVC in a heartbeat!

Yeah, and I am hoping that he'll be at an age where he's at least a little aware of of everything around him. Like the characters and all the color and excitement going on. Yay :goodvibes My parents own at Beach Club Villas. They bought about 7-8 years ago, I can't remember exactly when. But my dad was saying he wants to possibly buy more at either the new AKL villas or Bay Lake Towers. DVC really is a fantastic investment. And you can share with your family which is even better ;)

Piecey said:
This is just working out so cheap, I couldn't say NO! With the PIN code it'd be $1426 for room, tickets and flight for Tom and I (Lucas is of course a freebie) for 7 nights/7 days! With a $100 gift card coming back to us. :banana:
I'll cash out the Disney Dream Dollars on DH's Visa ($90 alone for our HVAC crap! :scared1:) and we'll be covered for food and souveniers! :goodvibes
I might cash out the DDR's on mine, too.. we shall see! :cloud9:

That IS a great deal!! I don't blame you for not wanting to pass on it! And I am sure your DH will enjoy himself even if he isn't a big WDW fan. And who knows, maybe you'll convert him in the end :thumbsup2

Went to Target today-- great shopping trip (linked here with photos)
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=31620135&postcount=320

They have their Target brand diapers on sale for CHEAP. The reason is they are changing the packaging so they are letting the old packaging diapers go cheap-o. I got 224 diapers for roughly .08cents a piece ($19.48 for 4- they were $4.87 for 56 diapers). Thought that was a good deal so i stocked up. They had newborn, size 3 (but those were 80 diapers for $9.00) and size 6 (size 6 were 4.87 but not sure how many were in them).

You might check your targets if you are interested!

Yeah, and I am hoping that he'll be at an age where he's at least a little aware of of everything around him. Like the characters and all the color and excitement going on. Yay :goodvibes My parents own at Beach Club Villas. They bought about 7-8 years ago, I can't remember exactly when. But my dad was saying he wants to possibly buy more at either the new AKL villas or Bay Lake Towers. DVC really is a fantastic investment. And you can share with your family which is even better ;)

That IS a great deal!! I don't blame you for not wanting to pass on it! And I am sure your DH will enjoy himself even if he isn't a big WDW fan. And who knows, maybe you'll convert him in the end :thumbsup2

I think age 2 sounds perfect. I just can't wait that long to go back, and this deal makes it too hard to pass up. That and 2011 we'll be at the beach with my parents for a vowel renewal. They're even hiring a wedding planner. :rolleyes:
They called to let me know they're passing on Disney with us because they're going to go to the beach that same week, only they're leaving before us and coming back after... and then asked me to watch their cat. Uh. Hello? I just asked you guys to vacation with us that same week! :headache:

DH is being a poophead now. After I sat in a crowded, hot, stinky movie theater watching his dude movie (though it was good- Hugh Jackman! :love:) he decided that it's pointless because Lucas won't remember it.
Uh, I'll remember it. Then he told me I was being selfish. :mad:
I'll go with him or with a friend. Whatever. :sad2:

Thanks! I'm so excited! I wanted to go while Lucas was little. I wonder if I can convince DH to leave Lucas' hair alone so that he can have his first haircut in Magic Kingdom? I can't believe he agreed!!

I called him and said
"Do you love me?"
"You know I do... why?"
"Will you go on vacation with me?"
*sigh* "Where?"
"Walt Disney World."
"I guess...." :lovestruc He wasn't thrilled but he wasn't a poophead about it either! (DH HATES my love of vacations..)

I knew he was a keeper, though!!! :lovestruc

I called and asked my parents if they wanted to come and they're going to get back to me tonight and then I'm BOOKING IT!! :banana:
Best part is the airport an hour from here has non-stop flights to MCO on a promo rate of $79/one way because they're starting service at the end of June. The dates work together perfectly!!! :banana:

I've got dining plans to make now!!!!!! :yay:

Oh, and you can totally come!! 3 months for Lily and 5 months for Lucas. They can be buds. :)

My 'first unread' clicker doesn't take me to my first unread...so I get lost easy... lol

Anyways...was just gonna say, about the haircut... We wanted Sage's first haircut to be at MK too! That's all we've talked about. Now his hair is getting so shaggy, it's TOO CUTE to cut!! So, we may take him in to let them mohawk it with glitter or something for the day, just to get a picture and mickey ears :)

And, when my DD8 was a month shy of 3, that's when we took our first WDW trip... She still remembers bits and pieces of it. It was the perfect age IMO!

Ohmygosh, my baby is in the last ticker box. Ohmygosh.
I'm getting close! :scareD:

I don't know what to do, Tracy. DH is trying to be non-poophead-ish about it now but I don't want him to ruin Disney for me. I wonder if I got caught up in the good deal and going isn't the best idea. :-/ I hate when he does this crap. Butters me up and then... this crap. He does this a lot. Poophead, I say!
People keep telling me that taking an infant really isn't as hard as I'd think. And October would be cool enough to not worry about heat and all that as much...
Gah. I just don't know!!

Ohmygosh, my baby is in the last ticker box. Ohmygosh.
I'm getting close! :scareD:

I don't know what to do, Tracy. DH is trying to be non-poophead-ish about it now but I don't want him to ruin Disney for me. I wonder if I got caught up in the good deal and going isn't the best idea. :-/ I hate when he does this crap. Butters me up and then... this crap. He does this a lot. Poophead, I say!
People keep telling me that taking an infant really isn't as hard as I'd think. And October would be cool enough to not worry about heat and all that as much...
Gah. I just don't know!!

Well....when we come back the first week of June, Ella will just hav turned 2 months old, so I'll let ya know how it goes :)
I know my shopping trip alone today with her and my DS14m at Kohls was quite eventful.....LOL

A little update.

Yesterday was my docs appt again and the midwife checked me for dilation. I've been feeling off too (maybe because i've been running around cleaning, building shelves and stuff). So she got in there (oooh the pain!!!! Nobody ever told me about the pain!!!!) and said "You're 2" dilated and your cervix is very stretchy. Go home, get some rest and drink lots of water. I have a feeling you won't make it to your due date next week (may 10th).".

My eyes bugged out!!!! AAAAAAHHHH!!!! I'm NOT ready... yes I am... no I'm not... holey crap!!!!!

So I came home and rested. So far no baby yet today... :)
Told DH about what the doctor/midwife said and when he came home we finally took the carseat out of the box and put it in the car... :lmao: We tried it on my Stitch to see if we know how to adjust it... :rotfl:

BTW, for all of you who's had your cervix checked how much spotting/bleeding do you get afterwards?

ps: I still have no idea what contractions feels like... is that weird or what?

A little update.

Yesterday was my docs appt again and the midwife checked me for dilation. I've been feeling off too (maybe because i've been running around cleaning, building shelves and stuff). So she got in there (oooh the pain!!!! Nobody ever told me about the pain!!!!) and said "You're 2" dilated and your cervix is very stretchy. Go home, get some rest and drink lots of water. I have a feeling you won't make it to your due date next week (may 10th).".

My eyes bugged out!!!! AAAAAAHHHH!!!! I'm NOT ready... yes I am... no I'm not... holey crap!!!!!

Told DH about what the doctor/midwife said and when he came home we finally took the carseat out of the box and put it in the car... :lmao: We tried it on my Stitch to see if we know how to adjust it... :rotfl:

BTW, for all of you who's had your cervix checked how much spotting/bleeding do you get afterwards?

Exciting! I do not remember having any spotting with DS after cervic checks, butI know it is common. I do remember the pain when they stripped my membranes to move me along, that was done the night before I went into labor.

I loved picturing Stitch in the carseat.:rotfl:

A little update.

I'm way behind you, but I don't know what they feel like either. My OB keeps asking if I've had any and I'm like "Uh, I guess not, but I wouldn't exactly know what i'm looking for.":confused3

My coworker said her Dr. told her light bleeding (as in, a panty liner should take care of it) after the internal exams.
We've had this conversation because this certain coworker never got past where I am in either pregnancy! She said her placenta moved a bit for her last daughter and so she had a bit of previa.. and after the internal exam her Dr. told her the panty liner thing and left the room and when she stood up, she was gushing blood. The Dr. ruptured her placenta and she had an emergency c-section. :eek:
So. Panty liner, I think. :goodvibes

It's so exciting we should have baby pictures soon!! :banana:
You guys don't know boy or girl, right?? :cloud9:

cseca- WOW-- 1 week? Heres wishing you lots of energy this last week to get what needs to be done, done, and enjoy the rest of it:goodvibes. Can't wait to see photos-- and im sure you can't wait to meet your baby either!!

Piecey- Dh is the same way right now. Theres no way he is taking me to WDW if the baby wouldnt remember it. Id say when he is about 2 or 3 we will go. Id love to do the 1st haircut at Disney, but at 2 yrs of age- id say we'd already have had to have it cut. I dont know though, this is my first rodeo. I askd DH about going later next year-- and I think the thought was a little much for me. That being said, DH LOVES vacations. I think we will be taking a spur of the moment vacation soon actually (DH likes to surprise me with them). DH and I have been to WDW so many times since we've been together, even got married there and our last visit was last August- so im not too deprived. Id say this year and next we will be beaching it. Maybe talk him into a beach trip next year? We went last May to the beach and invited our friends and their 5month old. We had a blast. The baby slept the whole way and he was even teething. We never had a single issue. He did so well on the beach (we got him one of those personal baby tents)... and we all had a blast (and they have great photos too!). Just a thought! Then you can save save save and go all out at Disney with he's a little older!

I think age 2 sounds perfect. I just can't wait that long to go back, and this deal makes it too hard to pass up. That and 2011 we'll be at the beach with my parents for a vowel renewal. They're even hiring a wedding planner. :rolleyes:
They called to let me know they're passing on Disney with us because they're going to go to the beach that same week, only they're leaving before us and coming back after... and then asked me to watch their cat. Uh. Hello? I just asked you guys to vacation with us that same week! :headache:

DH is being a poophead now. After I sat in a crowded, hot, stinky movie theater watching his dude movie (though it was good- Hugh Jackman! :love:) he decided that it's pointless because Lucas won't remember it.
Uh, I'll remember it. Then he told me I was being selfish. :mad:
I'll go with him or with a friend. Whatever. :sad2:

Um, the trip wouldn't be FOR the baby-it would be for you!!!!! IF I go this year (and that is a big if-we have alot going on right now) it will be for me and dd9 (ds11 says he would rather stay here and hunt with his daddy:sad2:). I'm not putting off doing things with the kids until the baby is old enough to get something out of it! And I'm not kidding myself-I want to do it for ME!!!!!!!:rotfl:

A little update.

I've been checked the last 2 wks. I'm at 1 cm. It didn't hurt, and I had no bleeding.

I've been feeling off for a few days too. But part of it is exhaustion. I've got tons of stuff to do before the end of my grad class Tuesday, state tests were this week at school (thank goodness they are over-my goal was to make it through last week at work, so anything now is a bonus), ds11 is playing baseball 2 nights a week (plus we have 2 games today in another town, and dh is working a tournament here, so I have to take him). And I'm just ready to collapse! We only have 3 more weeks of school, and I've already asked for the last week off. Depending on my apt Thur, this really may be my last week coming up. I just hate to lose the money for another week.

Wow, lots of due dates in the next few weeks!! I can't wait to see all the pictures!

Piecey- Dh is the same way right now. Theres no way he is taking me to WDW if the baby wouldnt remember it. Maybe talk him into a beach trip next year? We went last May to the beach and invited our friends and their 5month old. We had a blast. The baby slept the whole way and he was even teething. We never had a single issue. He did so well on the beach (we got him one of those personal baby tents)... and we all had a blast (and they have great photos too!). Just a thought! Then you can save save save and go all out at Disney with he's a little older!

We'll be at the beach in 2011 for my parent's vowel renewal. I'm not much of a beach girl (and DH would just spent the whole time sitting in front of the TV, probably) so it's not super appealing to me to go to the beach. Cruises I'll do- new places, games, shows to see, etc. But a beach beach? Not really my thing. I know it'd be super-easy with a baby, though.

Um, the trip wouldn't be FOR the baby-it would be for you!!!!! IF I go this year (and that is a big if-we have alot going on right now) it will be for me and dd9 (ds11 says he would rather stay here and hunt with his daddy:sad2:). I'm not putting off doing things with the kids until the baby is old enough to get something out of it! And I'm not kidding myself-I want to do it for ME!!!!!!!:rotfl:

I've been feeling off for a few days too. But part of it is exhaustion. I've got tons of stuff to do before the end of my grad class Tuesday, state tests were this week at school (thank goodness they are over-my goal was to make it through last week at work, so anything now is a bonus), ds11 is playing baseball 2 nights a week (plus we have 2 games today in another town, and dh is working a tournament here, so I have to take him). And I'm just ready to collapse! We only have 3 more weeks of school, and I've already asked for the last week off. Depending on my apt Thur, this really may be my last week coming up. I just hate to lose the money for another week.

EXACTLY! I kept saying that it was for me and he kept saying I was "dragging our son" for no reason because he wouldn't remember it. I was like I'll be "dragging" him anywhere I go, why not let me go someplace more exciting than Wal-Mart!? :rotfl:
He's finally come around. Again. For now. He's always been selfish and now admits the only reason he told me "yes" was to see me happy. I told him if he really wanted to see me happy he's got to stick with the "yes" and not decide 6 hours later that he's going to rain on my happiness by being a poophead! :mad:
He knows nothing about WDW- and after a looooong talk this morning (about the baby care stations, about how many rides we'd be able to take him on) and talking about how much there is to do, he's back on board. Part of me wants to wait to buy plane tickets until I know he's on board all the way, but you know what? If he decides to get poopy while we're there I'll just take Lucas by myself and DH can stay in the room! :thumbsup2
I totally get where you're coming from. I'm eventually going to have my teaching degree and we might have another kid, so the time is right NOW. I want to go for me. I want to have the memories and the pictures and the certificate for first haircut. I want those things. This is why he says I am being selfish.
Screw him, he's selfish always. :laughing:
I think I might change or dates, though.

Wow, I can't believe how fast time is flying! I'm glad you got past your goal- I know being with your students was important to you for their state tests! Do they know yet that you're switching schools??

A little update.

How exciting. If you do have your baby before the 10th, you will be a Mom on Mothers Day:cheer2: How fun!!!!! Hope you are feeling good and resting good.

NOBODY knows yet-thank goodness. My kids are really good at keeping secrets! And they are still excited about the change. I work with my new principal's son, so I'm sure he knows (I was told he highly recommended me), but he hasn't said a word. He lives about 45 min away in the other direction from his father's school, and I've heard he's looking for a job close to his home. His father told me he had filled him in on the problems at our school.

I was also worried about dh telling his coaching buddies, who would tell their teacher wives, who would tell everyone:lmao:, but so far no one has mentioned it.

My students all felt good about the Algebra I state test. They came back smiling telling me it was easy and exactly what I'd been going over (thank goodness!). So my current boss is busy telling me how wonderful I am. That does make me feel good right now! But I have to do what is best for my kids, and I'm afraid our current situation just ain't it!:teacher:

I'm not saying a word until I have a contract from my new school to sign. I just wish they'd hurry up so I could be sure everything is going to work out!

Thanks everyone! I'm excited and way nervous. Trying to take it easy but it's hard when the nesting instict kicked in... hehe...

Piecey, thanks for the info. I am thinking the same thing... panty liner. But it just worries me a little that it hasn't stopped since yesterday. I'm hoping it'll stop tonight. If it doesn't stop by monday I'm calling my doc and asking if it's normal.

december, I'm impressed that it didn't hurt for your dilation check. It hurt like the dickens for me. Enough that I thought I was going to burst out crying on the table... Wow... I must be a whiny baby... :lmao:

I'm excited to be a mom on mother's day this year but we'll see if the baby cooperates... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter