Moms to Be Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an angelcare and I really liked it. Many people don't because it seems to be more staticy and not as clear a sound as the other monitors.

I have a Sony Baby Call and have trouble with reception every once in a while, even in our small apartment, through the walls. We got the Anglecare when DS was only a few weeks old. We finally figured out he would sleep if he was on his tummy. The monitor gave me the comfort to be able to do that. We used it up until he was about 18 months old. I still hook it up when he is sick just for the piece of mind. We use a white noise machine anyway so the extra static the AngelCare did never bothered me.

We will get a video monitor for the next baby though ... DH wants to get one still for DS but I have been able to hold him off so far!

I had my 37 wk checkup today. I'm at 1 cm, and she is very low. I could have told them that-she is about to kill me "down there." My dr. will be out of town early next week, so my next appt is next Thu. He said we'd pick her birthday then!!!!:dance3:

Have fun viewing your little guy again...fill us in when you are able!

The ultra sound took an hour and a half! First the nurse didn't write my prescription correctly so the tech said she couldn't do the anatomy scan which was the whole purpose of the u/s (the nurse wrote measurements and dates which does not include organs) so the tech called the office and got a new script faxed so we were all set. Apparently they couldn't see his brain and get a good picture because his head was directly behind my belly button. Eventually she called in a supervisor and I was a little freaked out and I asked if something was wrong and they assured me that they just wanted to get accurate photos and measurements so I wouldn't have to do the whole thing over again.

The tech said she couldn't tell me anything that the doctor has to tell me (which I know but normally my techs have said everything looks fine/normal but this one was by the books) So hopefully by Friday I will have the official word that everything is ok. I'm very nervous waiting even though everything appeared to be in order.

She said he is already 1 pound!!!! My big boy. I even got a picture this time! It is the only time anyone has given me a photo except for when I paid to go to the 3D place.

I'm waiting for the AFP blood work results too so I am a wreck!

I'd never been as anxious as I am with Ella... I worry about the way she has a hard time catching her breath and think I'll just sleep better with the angelcare going. But, yeah, a video would be nice too, but doesn't make you want to sleep any more!!

I'm so anxious and I hope I will be able to calm down when he is here and not be worse. I listen to him with the Doppler like 4 times a day! My husband thinks I have lost it but our last pregnancy ended in miscarriage (very very early at only about 5/6 weeks) so now I am freaked out even though I am 21 weeks now.

I have an angelcare and I really liked it. Many people don't because it seems to be more staticy and not as clear a sound as the other monitors.

I have a Sony Baby Call and have trouble with reception every once in a while, even in our small apartment, through the walls. We got the Anglecare when DS was only a few weeks old. We finally figured out he would sleep if he was on his tummy. The monitor gave me the comfort to be able to do that. We used it up until he was about 18 months old. I still hook it up when he is sick just for the piece of mind. We use a white noise machine anyway so the extra static the AngelCare did never bothered me.

We will get a video monitor for the next baby though ... DH wants to get one still for DS but I have been able to hold him off so far!

This might be a dumb question but is the angel care monitor an audio monitor too? It doesn't say in the description so I registered for an additional monitor and I want to make sure so I don't end up with two. I am glad to know it works well, I am hoping it will give me some peace of mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went all the way to the new house and guess what? I forgot the key :rolleyes1 Must be pregnancy brain! There was a package there though so it was still good to have made the trip. I added the key to the key ring as soon as I got home lol. I will go back tomorrow. I think Landon is sitting on a nerve because my back is killing me today.

~December, how exciting to pick your baby's birthday! She'll be here soon.

The ultra sound took an hour and a half! First the nurse didn't write my prescription correctly so the tech said she couldn't do the anatomy scan which was the whole purpose of the u/s (the nurse wrote measurements and dates which does not include organs) so the tech called the office and got a new script faxed so we were all set. Apparently they couldn't see his brain and get a good picture because his head was directly behind my belly button. Eventually she called in a supervisor and I was a little freaked out and I asked if something was wrong and they assured me that they just wanted to get accurate photos and measurements so I wouldn't have to do the whole thing over again.

The tech said she couldn't tell me anything that the doctor has to tell me (which I know but normally my techs have said everything looks fine/normal but this one was by the books) So hopefully by Friday I will have the official word that everything is ok. I'm very nervous waiting even though everything appeared to be in order.

She said he is already 1 pound!!!! My big boy. I even got a picture this time! It is the only time anyone has given me a photo except for when I paid to go to the 3D place.

I'm waiting for the AFP blood work results too so I am a wreck!

I'm so anxious and I hope I will be able to calm down when he is here and not be worse. I listen to him with the Doppler like 4 times a day! My husband thinks I have lost it but our last pregnancy ended in miscarriage (very very early at only about 5/6 weeks) so now I am freaked out even though I am 21 weeks now.

This might be a dumb question but is the angel care monitor an audio monitor too? It doesn't say in the description so I registered for an additional monitor and I want to make sure so I don't end up with two. I am glad to know it works well, I am hoping it will give me some peace of mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went all the way to the new house and guess what? I forgot the key :rolleyes1 Must be pregnancy brain! There was a package there though so it was still good to have made the trip. I added the key to the key ring as soon as I got home lol. I will go back tomorrow. I think Landon is sitting on a nerve because my back is killing me today.

~December, how exciting to pick your baby's birthday! She'll be here soon.

I hate when the U/S's take forver, and when they make you wait for the doctor to come in... but you'll be fine! If they were worried about something, they would have informed you today!!

I didn't think the angelcare was also an audio...I thought it was just the alarm for movement and sound, but I dont have it yet, so not sure :confused3
I think just the peice of mind knowing her breathing is ok while I try to sleep will make a world of difference for my sanity!!!

Our doctor lets us come in however many times we want to get an additional ultrasound. Basically, all you have to do is show up on Thursday and they'll let you take a look. Since insurance won't cover these totally elective peeks, they cost $75.

Mine are $551 a pop and I have to have a script. They're done through the hospital, though, not the Dr.'s office. Loving the new federal insurance though- 100% paid baby. :banana:

Thanks everyone for you input on baby monitors. We live in an old house, built in the 20's, and it has thick walls. Seems like my biggest problem will be reception in the house. Most of my neighbors are really elderly, so I don't think I will have a problem picking up on other baby's crying. Looks like I might have to try a couple of them to find which one will work out the best.

For monitors- DH's brother got us this:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2908455

I was "eh" after the reviews (which are much, much better on other websites like Amazon, Target, Wal-Mart, etc.) but I gave them a try and they're crystal clear. I got to spy on my dad singing while he was putting up shelves. I love that they light up when there is noise so if DH and I are watching a movie or listening to the radio or something I'll see the lights even if I don't hear the sound.

I tried them from all ends of the house- back room on the top floor to front room on the bottom floor, etc.. and even in the basement. Not a bit of a problem, crystal clear from all over. Our house is about ~1800+sq ft. It was built in 1924! :thumbsup2

So I ate the other half of my wrap about 90 minutes ago and I'm hungry already...I noticed this yesterday too...I'm just super hungry all the time...I guess I need to start planning a bunch of small meals to get me through the day. Just a couple of days ago, I could barely eat anything and now I'm starving all the time. :confused3 :thumbsup2

I have days where I eat everything in sight and says where I could probably go hours without eating.
For example, I totally forgot to take my lunch today. :headache:
Tomorrow? I'll be whining because I don't get a lunch. :rotfl:
Let me know if this turns out to be the case with you, too.. DH thinks I'm crazy because of my inconsistency.

DH is freaking out and it's starting to freak me out, too.
He's been going to the VA hospital an hour away for problems with his nerves and joints (they put a scalpel (sp?) to his toes and he can't feel it, ALL of his joints pop and crack just by moving one finger, etc..) and today they screened him for 'Gulf War Syndrome' because they know from previous paperwork I was pregnant.
Well, apparently they didn't know we hadn't had Lucas yet and they asked if Lucas had BIRTH DEFECTS or if he was STILLBORN or experienced any other health problems outside the norm of our family histories!
Apparently the chemicals DH was exposed to have caused birth defects and numerous cases of stillborn babies in Veterans who deployed to Iraq/Kuwait (DH went to Kuwait once and Iraq twice..)
Now DH is worried this is why I've had such little movement with Lucas. :sad1:
The US's have all been A-ok but I am going to mention this to my OB ASAP. I might even call her tomorrow.

It just pisses me off ROYALLY that they wait until after they think I've had him to mention this. :mad: And that they didn't say there is a risk BEFORE I got pregnant! :mad:

They made DH fill out a 5-page form about the various chemicals he worked with and the protective gear he was given (talk about NOTHING- when DH deployed the first time all they had was stuff from Vietnam-- none of that held up in Iraq with the sandstorms!!!) He was there the first official night of the "war" and said when they pulled up it was just flat dessert- they slept on the ground that night and BUILT their shelter the next day. Protection my right foot!
He told them about how before his deployment they were all told to saturate their Cami's in some liquid for 24 hours and then let them dry for 5 days before wearing them to Iraq. He said the Dr. just raised her eyes and said "Really?"... she was stunned.

I am so freaking irritated. :mad:

I hate when the U/S's take forver, and when they make you wait for the doctor to come in... but you'll be fine! If they were worried about something, they would have informed you today!!

I didn't think the angelcare was also an audio...I thought it was just the alarm for movement and sound, but I dont have it yet, so not sure :confused3
I think just the peice of mind knowing her breathing is ok while I try to sleep will make a world of difference for my sanity!!!

The doctor never came in because I have to go to the hospital for all my ultra sounds so I always have to wait for them to send the photos and then call and ask. This is why I am a little worried, I am sure it is fine, they didn't act like anything was wrong but it was just weird.

On the plus side the tech said my placenta was fine and not covering the cervix so that means I am off pelvic rest.... and the hubs won't be home until late - boo!

Thats awesome, i meant to say the ultrasonographer did hear the heartbeat on the trans vag at 6 wks- but the doctor wont do it on the hand held doppler until 12wks. You had the same timing as me :) Its exciting-- I didnt see my baby again until 18wks-- and WOW what a change from 6wks! Reality certainly sets in!

I got to see baby at 6 weeks and then at 12 (I signed up for the non-invasive genetic testing - where they do blood, and ultrasound, and then blood 4 weeks later). To be honest, I only did it so I could have another look at baby :) I get to do the anatomy scan two weeks from this Friday. . . and then DH and I were thinking of going to this place:http://www.4dprenatalimaging.com/Questions.asp and doing the package for $275 where you get to do a scan between 20-27 weeks and another one from 28-36 weeks. It is a 3D/4D, you get pictures and a DVD both times. We like that we'd be able to see the baby more AND you can bring lie 7 other people with you, so we'd like to bring the future grand parents and such to one.

I was amazed at the tremendous difference between 6 weeks and 12 - in just a month and a half my baby looked like a baby, and was swimming around and jumping, it was incredible!

http://3dpregnancy.parentsconnect.com/calendar/7-weeks-pregnant.html

This is a neat site that I check every Tuesday. I checked it the 1st time at 7 wks, and saved the address to my computer. She looked like an alien then, and now she is a perfectly formed baby. Just click on the week, and it will give you a detailed description of what is going on.

Thanks so much for that!! It is great!!

For those considering a fetal heart Doppler, I got this one a couple weeks ago and LOVE it:
http://www.healthchecksystems.com/product/index.cfm?product_id=853

I I highly recommend it. I will tell you that the first time it took me over 20 minutes to find the baby (at 13 weeks) and I was so nervous - now I can usually get it within a minute, five at most. It is such a comfort for me to hear the baby's heart every day (you have to be careful you are listening to the baby, not just your heart - I usually put my other hand on my neck and check - but I've learned the sound of my heart vs. the baby's.

I decided to buy, because renting one would be about $120 by the end of this pregnancy and this way I'll hopefully have it for subsequent pregnancy's. It is 2MHZ not 3MHZ, but for me 2MHZ is supposed to be better (3mhz has a wider range, but 2mhz can go through more depth, so it is good for "thicker" girls).

It costs $115 and right now they have a code (SPRING) for 5% off and I got free shipping too :) It came out to $109 for me and I got it within four business days with the free UPS ground.

Just thought I'd share :)

Does anyone know of a good baby Thermometer? I know this was discussed a while back, but I can seem to find the post. Also, what about a baby monitor? Is anybody getting the video one? I don't know if it would be worth the price. I think I would be watching her all the time.

We have the Summer Infant Secure Sounds 2.4 GHz and love it. We've never picked up another baby or telephone. It's constantly scanning channels so you're good on having a secure one. You can listen to the room or have the sound off and it will light up blue on the front if there is a sound.

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/product/?product_id=1541

I thought the angelcare was for infants with special sleeping needs? Like holding breath or forgetting to breathe?

Another option if you want to have a monitor but want to see the nursery too is to buy a security camera that you can hook up to your tv. We have one for DS2s new room and will be able to flip back and forth from tv to nursery. It has nightvision and can be cheaper than buying a video monitor. Ours was only $40.

I got to see baby at 6 weeks and then at 12 (I signed up for the non-invasive genetic testing - where they do blood, and ultrasound, and then blood 4 weeks later). To be honest, I only did it so I could have another look at baby :) I get to do the anatomy scan two weeks from this Friday. . . and then DH and I were thinking of going to this place:http://www.4dprenatalimaging.com/Questions.asp and doing the package for $275 where you get to do a scan between 20-27 weeks and another one from 28-36 weeks. It is a 3D/4D, you get pictures and a DVD both times. We like that we'd be able to see the baby more AND you can bring lie 7 other people with you, so we'd like to bring the future grand parents and such to one.

I was amazed at the tremendous difference between 6 weeks and 12 - in just a month and a half my baby looked like a baby, and was swimming around and jumping, it was incredible!

Thanks so much for that!! It is great!!

You live pretty close to me and that place is where we went for our gender scan at 16 weeks (we cheated lol)! It was really nice and we have a DVD of our session so I can watch our little man whenever I want. Now I want to do the $275 package as well so I can see him again.

I'm glad to hear of someone who went there!! Cool!!

I didn't realize there was another Miami girl on here :)

Piecey, of course you and dh are freaked out now! Talk about bad bedside manner-why in the world would they tell him all that now!!!!!!! :scared1::hug:

Piecey, of course you and dh are freaked out now! Talk about bad bedside manner-why in the world would they tell him all that now!!!!!!! :scared1::hug:

They thought Lucas had already been born. :headache:

Apparently the chemical he soaked his stuff in was Deet, and insect repellents are known to cause Gulf War Syndrome.. and the problems in his nerves/joints (and he had an episode in January where he had to have an emergency CT scan from dizziness/vertigo/high blood pressure) are apparently all red flags for Gulf War Syndrome. :sad2:

I guess it's only the troops who deployed in 2003. After that they knew not to soak their Camis in Deet.. would have thought that would have been obvious the first time, but you know.. it's the government. :rolleyes1

I've calmed down a bit but it's irritating. :mad:
We'll definitely be waiting to find out more information before we have another kiddo. :confused:

Helllo!
I'm so glad I stumbled upon this thread!
I'm 19 weeks...due September 23rd. We found out yesterday we are having a boy pirate: :)
None of our friends are at the baby point in their lives yet so I have very few people to talk about this with that have any idea what it's like!

For those considering a fetal heart Doppler, I got this one a couple weeks ago and LOVE it:
http://www.healthchecksystems.com/product/index.cfm?product_id=853

I I highly recommend it. I will tell you that the first time it took me over 20 minutes to find the baby (at 13 weeks) and I was so nervous - now I can usually get it within a minute, five at most. It is such a comfort for me to hear the baby's heart every day (you have to be careful you are listening to the baby, not just your heart - I usually put my other hand on my neck and check - but I've learned the sound of my heart vs. the baby's.

I decided to buy, because renting one would be about $120 by the end of this pregnancy and this way I'll hopefully have it for subsequent pregnancy's. It is 2MHZ not 3MHZ, but for me 2MHZ is supposed to be better (3mhz has a wider range, but 2mhz can go through more depth, so it is good for "thicker" girls).

It costs $115 and right now they have a code (SPRING) for 5% off and I got free shipping too :) It came out to $109 for me and I got it within four business days with the free UPS ground.

Just thought I'd share :)

I second this. I bought the same one and it is great. Once I felt the baby move I stopped using it though... This will be my last pregnancy so I will need to do soemthing with it. I would recommened this one to anyone. :thumbsup2

Helllo!
I'm 19 weeks...due September 23rd. We found out yesterday we are having a boy pirate: :)
None of our friends are at the baby point in their lives yet so I have very few people to talk about this with that have any idea what it's like!

Congrats & welcome!!!!! pirate: Little Boys bring so much joy! pirate:

Patsy & Melissa... :grouphug: try to relax, thinking of you both! :grouphug:

Helllo!

Welcome! Im just in front of you, due Sept 14 with a boy! Congratulations!! I bet you are really excited now that you know what you are having :)

Helllo!

Congrats and welcome!!
I just had a little girl 3 weeks ago...but I have a 14month old son... Little boys are GREAT with their mommies :)

DH is freaking out and it's starting to freak me out, too.
He's been going to the VA hospital an hour away for problems with his nerves and joints (they put a scalpel (sp?) to his toes and he can't feel it, ALL of his joints pop and crack just by moving one finger, etc..) and today they screened him for 'Gulf War Syndrome' because they know from previous paperwork I was pregnant.
Well, apparently they didn't know we hadn't had Lucas yet and they asked if Lucas had BIRTH DEFECTS or if he was STILLBORN or experienced any other health problems outside the norm of our family histories!
Apparently the chemicals DH was exposed to have caused birth defects and numerous cases of stillborn babies in Veterans who deployed to Iraq/Kuwait (DH went to Kuwait once and Iraq twice..)
Now DH is worried this is why I've had such little movement with Lucas. :sad1:
The US's have all been A-ok but I am going to mention this to my OB ASAP. I might even call her tomorrow.

It just pisses me off ROYALLY that they wait until after they think I've had him to mention this. :mad: And that they didn't say there is a risk BEFORE I got pregnant! :mad:

They made DH fill out a 5-page form about the various chemicals he worked with and the protective gear he was given (talk about NOTHING- when DH deployed the first time all they had was stuff from Vietnam-- none of that held up in Iraq with the sandstorms!!!) He was there the first official night of the "war" and said when they pulled up it was just flat dessert- they slept on the ground that night and BUILT their shelter the next day. Protection my right foot!
He told them about how before his deployment they were all told to saturate their Cami's in some liquid for 24 hours and then let them dry for 5 days before wearing them to Iraq. He said the Dr. just raised her eyes and said "Really?"... she was stunned.

I am so freaking irritated. :mad:[/QUOTE]

:grouphug: Oh my gosh. I don't would be freaking irritated too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter