Moms to Be Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know how much it cost?

Natalie's heartbeat is the same as Emma's. It has been in the upper 140's. I too am going every 2 weeks now. I've got one more u/s for May 11:goodvibesth.:goodvibes

Hope you sinus cold goes away quickly. My husband just got over a bad one last week.

The one I saw was $49.99 at BRU...there's a smaller one for $29.99.

I PASSED!!!!!

Yay!
Congrats Sarah, that is good news! :cool1:

Do you know how much it cost?

Natalie's heartbeat is the same as Emma's. It has been in the upper 140's. I too am going every 2 weeks now. I've got one more u/s for May 11:goodvibesth.:goodvibes

Hope you sinus cold goes away quickly. My husband just got over a bad one last week.

I wish I had another U/S too.

The starter set was $49.99 at Babies R Us. The bottle three packs were $14.99. I figured the extra nipples and extra 4oz bottle were worth the $5 diff. in cost.

I saw a new partner at my Dr. office today, she was a mid-wife. I like to try to have an appointment with all of them before delivery. Neither DH or I were crazy about her...watch it be our luck she delivers Emma. I been very pleased with all the others.

Not sure what to do about a monitor. I have a Graco one for DS which I like and still works. I don't know if I should invest $127 in the Graco Multi-child monitor or just pick up a second Graco monitor like I have? I just don't know if two single monitors will interfer with each other?:confused3 What to do, what to do ? I asked at Babies R Us but they did not know.

Then the other day I showed my DM the outfits I picked up (just three) and she said to me, "thats enough you are going to get gifts!" This confused me a bit. We do not do baby showers for a second child in my family. My feeling is I know I will get some gifts but I can't depend on that, I need enough to get by with. We all know a baby goes through more than one outfit a day. Now do I shop more for clothes or wait!?!?!

Good morning Moms!!!!

Yesterday I did a little baby shopping!!! I had to replace my Dr. Brown bottles with the new BPA free ones. I picked up the $50 starter kit. Which was basically free because my DM gave me a $50 Visa gift card that she has never used :cool1:...woohoo, love freebies! Then I went to Kohls and picked up three adorable pink girlie outfits. They only cost me $8 total. I used a $10 coupon they sent us in the mail. I was so thrilled I felt like I got so much for the money spent.

Today, I have a regular check-up. I am now going every two weeks. The end is in sight.

Woohoo, you got some great deals!!

JCPenny mailed me $10 off a $10 purchase coupon and another one for $10 off of $25 purchase and I have a $15 gift card from my baby shower... I'm totally going to go buy some super cute, totally unpractical outfit with it! (Amazingly, I didn't get anything crazy at my shower!) I'll be just like you, amazed at what I get with my money! :banana:

...I'm to every week now, I was :scared1:when she told me. We're almost there!!!!!

I go for my gestational diabetes screening on Monday. I was actually supposed to go Tuesday but I got lazy and all I did that day was go put down the deposit for my 4-d ultrasound. Ooops :teeth: But my dr. said I could go anytime before my next appointment so I'm not too worried about it. I have just felt SO tired the last week. I don't know what it is. I had been feeling pretty good the last couple weeks and then all of a sudden my energy levels just went poof. I guess I can start saying hello to that lovely third trimester :laughing:

I was dragging before mine, too, and just felt EXHAUSTED constantly. I'd come home from work and nap, make dinner and nap, etc. I missed a few dozen classes because I fell asleep. :eek:
...Had my GD test, passed with flying colors BUT I had low Iron levels. My OB put me on Iron supplements and my energy is about 100x what it was before, even being in the height of my 3rd trimester! :thumbsup2

Natalie's heartbeat is the same as Emma's. It has been in the upper 140's. I've got one more u/s for May 11.

Lucas' has steadily been 158-159. Funny to me since he clearly doesn't like to MOVE! Except to stick his foot up by my gallbladder.

I have another ultrasound May 11th, too!! Yay for another peak and PICTURES!!! :woohoo:

I saw a new partner at my Dr. office today, she was a mid-wife. I like to try to have an appointment with all of them before delivery. Neither DH or I were crazy about her...watch it be our luck she delivers Emma. I been very pleased with all the others.

That is kinda how I feel too. My OB is in a practice by herself but she rotates with 4 other OB's (who all are in practices by themselves, actually) for the nights/weekends.
Back in January, when I was in all that pain and called the after-hours number I spoke with the OB on call (who could potentially deliver Lucas) and she was MEAN and told me pain was a part of pregnancy and I needed to "suck it up" and there was no reason to go to the ER because they would tell me the exact same thing and I even asked her if it could be something else and she said "No, it's pregnancy. Get used to it. What else would it be?" and the next night I ended up in the ER in so much pain I was crying, could barely breathe and couldn't walk. :mad:
I keep telling DH she had better not be the one on call when I go into labor. I might just kick her out and go without an OB unless they'd call in my own! Part of me wonders whether or not I should mention how strongly I do NOT want this lady to deliver my son to my OB or not. :confused3

..on a cute side note, my elderly neighbors (there are two houses on this street- us and them!) mailed us a card wishing us luck as new parents with a $20 inside. I thought that was super sweet.. and a little old-school that they MAILED it. :goodvibes
..they signed it "With Christian Love, xxxx"
...so I think they've noticed we don't go to church? :rolleyes1

I have my first "every two weeks" appt. tomorrow. Its when you go more often that it really hits-I am going to have a baby soon! :scared1:

Lucky ultrasounders! I feel like I'm the only one whose had 2 and won't get anymore. We have a similar doctor at our practice that we just don't care for. I told DH that I will hold it until the next doctor comes on shift. He just seems like he's in a hurry all the time. We love our physicians assistant but we can't see her anymore since this is our last 2 week appointment. I would love our doctor that was there for DS to be there again. I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

Disneyron - we are going through the same thing. We have 1 monitor that we still use for DS now but I'm worried about interference from the second one. I called Summer and asked them if we could use 2 together and she said for the most part they should work. Not the answer I was looking for. They will be in rooms next to each other, but DS2 will be sleeping in our room for the first few months anyway.

Our families don't have a huge shower like the first time around either. But my sisters and best friends are having a luncheon at Olive Garden for me. It's more of a welcoming party and to celebrate the new life coming. I'm looking forward to it. DSILs had a lunch for me before Easter and we got a ton of diapers, clothing sets, and giftcards for me and DS2. It was a nice surprise.

Two of the exact same monitor would almost definitely have interference unless they can use different frequencies. But a lot of monitors have that option.

Is there another GD test down the line? I thought I was safe, but DH said there was another one, which I sorta ignored thinking what does he know...but now I see Patsy's post...

Patsy, I would DEFINITELY tell them you do not want to deliver with Dr Mean...and I would put in a complaint about the way she handled that phone call too for sure...we can't let them get away with things like that even when they are right, but she was WRONG!!

The video monitor that I have I can purchase another camera and use the same monitor. Then switch between the 2... Not sure how it would work though sine I only have the one camera for now.

There was a good code on the budget board for Childrens Place. They have 40% sale items then with code SA249 you can get an extra 15% off. Shipping was $5.

I just spent $29 including shipping and got 6 items for DS and Emma.:cool1:

Just thought I would share if anyone wants to look.

Good morning girls. It's Friday, we made it thru another week :cheer2: We went yesterday and picked up Natalies travel system and her playyard. I can't wait to put it together. That will be "the job" this weekend. There is also a baby expo that I want to go to on Saturday. Other than that, we don't have any major plans. Hope you all have a great weekend!!!

I need some maternity t-shirts...Old Navy has some for $10 right now, so I think I'll order them, I just wish I knew what size to get.

Anyone find any great maternity Ts or really long normal ones? I got a bunch of long Old Navy Ts, but they aren't long enough anymore.

Is there another GD test down the line? I thought I was safe, but DH said there was another one, which I sorta ignored thinking what does he know...but now I see Patsy's post...

I think there is only one unless you don't pass the 1st. Or if they find a problem with your future blood tests, if any.

As for the t-shirts I bought some regular ones after DS was born and forgot about them. I found them under the bed in a bag and have been able to wear them as maternity ts. They are plenty long. They were from the plus size WalMart section because I hate their regular section as far as sizing goes (I think they were 1X). Everything is tiny or perfect fit. I just like a little more room.

Patsy, I would DEFINITELY tell them you do not want to deliver with Dr Mean...and I would put in a complaint about the way she handled that phone call too for sure...we can't let them get away with things like that even when they are right, but she was WRONG!!

I think you only have to do the 3hour if you don't pass the 1hour.
I didn't, and won't, have to do another.

I think my May 14th appointment we'll be talking about induction. That is the way she has been leaning since we figured out Lucas is such a piglet and I think my May 11th ultrasound is the final decision maker. If she induces me, it won't be a big deal and I hate to make an issue when it wouldn't even matter. If she doesn't decide to set a date for induction, I'll be letting her know I'm not comfortable with "Dr. Mean" being the one to deliver Lucas.
You're right, they shouldn't be able to get away with things like that!
And I feel like I need to be totally comfortable with whichever Dr. is there and I know I'd be fuming if she were the one in there. :mad:

*ETA*
I just got a PIN code offer for the buy 5 nights/get 2 free and get a $100 gift card... for October/November travel. So Lucas would be 5 months old. Anyone got any ideas to convince DH we should go??? :rotfl:

NVM-- I got prices and called him and he said YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you only have to do the 3hour if you don't pass the 1hour.
I didn't, and won't, have to do another.

I think my May 14th appointment we'll be talking about induction. That is the way she has been leaning since we figured out Lucas is such a piglet and I think my May 11th ultrasound is the final decision maker. If she induces me, it won't be a big deal and I hate to make an issue when it wouldn't even matter. If she doesn't decide to set a date for induction, I'll be letting her know I'm not comfortable with "Dr. Mean" being the one to deliver Lucas.
You're right, they shouldn't be able to get away with things like that!
And I feel like I need to be totally comfortable with whichever Dr. is there and I know I'd be fuming if she were the one in there. :mad:

*ETA*
I just got a PIN code offer for the buy 5 nights/get 2 free and get a $100 gift card... for October/November travel. So Lucas would be 5 months old. Anyone got any ideas to convince DH we should go??? :rotfl:

NVM-- I got prices and called him and he said YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree! Labor is bad enough without being uncomfortable about your Dr!!

I got the code too! I can't help with any convincing arguments, since I can't do it with my own DH!:thumbsup2

I saw you're update on facebook Patsy!! Yay! Congrats! Can I come too?!

I agree! Labor is bad enough without being uncomfortable about your Dr!!

I got the code too! I can't help with any convincing arguments, since I can't do it with my own DH!:thumbsup2

I saw you're update on facebook Patsy!! Yay! Congrats! Can I come too?!

Thanks! I'm so excited! I wanted to go while Lucas was little. I wonder if I can convince DH to leave Lucas' hair alone so that he can have his first haircut in Magic Kingdom? I can't believe he agreed!!

I called him and said
"Do you love me?"
"You know I do... why?"
"Will you go on vacation with me?"
*sigh* "Where?"
"Walt Disney World."
"I guess...." :lovestruc He wasn't thrilled but he wasn't a poophead about it either! (DH HATES my love of vacations..)

I knew he was a keeper, though!!! :lovestruc

I called and asked my parents if they wanted to come and they're going to get back to me tonight and then I'm BOOKING IT!! :banana:
Best part is the airport an hour from here has non-stop flights to MCO on a promo rate of $79/one way because they're starting service at the end of June. The dates work together perfectly!!! :banana:

I've got dining plans to make now!!!!!! :yay:

Oh, and you can totally come!! 3 months for Lily and 5 months for Lucas. They can be buds. :)

Thanks! I'm so excited! I wanted to go while Lucas was little. I wonder if I can convince DH to leave Lucas' hair alone so that he can have his first haircut in Magic Kingdom? I can't believe he agreed!!

I called him and said
"Do you love me?"
"You know I do... why?"
"Will you go on vacation with me?"
*sigh* "Where?"
"Walt Disney World."
"I guess...." :lovestruc He wasn't thrilled but he wasn't a poophead about it either! (DH HATES my love of vacations..)

I knew he was a keeper, though!!! :lovestruc

I called and asked my parents if they wanted to come and they're going to get back to me tonight and then I'm BOOKING IT!! :banana:
Best part is the airport an hour from here has non-stop flights to MCO on a promo rate of $79/one way because they're starting service at the end of June. The dates work together perfectly!!! :banana:

I've got dining plans to make now!!!!!! :yay:

Oh, and you can totally come!! 3 months for Lily and 5 months for Lucas. They can be buds. :)

Awww:lovestruc He's a keeper! That's so awesome that it's all falling in place!

I bet Lily and Luca would have a blast!

Awww:lovestruc He's a keeper! That's so awesome that it's all falling in place!

I bet Lily and Luca would have a blast!

They'd have a ball!

OMG! I might have finals next week and a whole house to pack and clothes to wash but who cares? I have a trip to Disney World to plan! :rotfl:

I just realized if they have anything open, I could book Ohana for a late dinner our arrival night and see HalloWishes! Woohoo!

They'd have a ball!

OMG! I might have finals next week and a whole house to pack and clothes to wash but who cares? I have a trip to Disney World to plan! :rotfl:

I just realized if they have anything open, I could book Ohana for a late dinner our arrival night and see HalloWishes! Woohoo!

Aww yay, I am so happy for you! And so jealous! ;) I wish I could go too. I think Jake's first trip will be when he's 2. My parents own DVC and they promised me a trip with Jake at that age. And I plan on holding them to it! :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter