Moms to Be Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
We waited until we told everyone else (9w) to tell DD who will be 3 in April. She isn't a blabbermouth per se and doesn't exactly understand the birds in the bees. But we didn't want her to be confused if I lost the baby.

We waited until we told everyone else (9w) to tell DD who will be 3 in April. She isn't a blabbermouth per se and doesn't exactly understand the birds in the bees. But we didn't want her to be confused if I lost the baby.

So did you just tell Scooner last week? How did she react?

We had wanted to wait until as far along as possible to tell people because of my miscarriage last year, but I was so sick that people (like my mom) were beginning to really worry. I figured I'd much rather tell people I was pregnant than to have my mother keep thinking I had stomach cancer or something (i've had precancerous cells already). I dropped close to 30 pounds, vomited constantly, had massive migraines from being so dehydrated and just was completely useless. So, we told the kids (who thought we were joking) and let them tell everyone else.

Wow, you had a rough start to the pregnancy. We ordered one of those "I'm the Big Brother" shirts for DS and are planning to tell the rest of the fam after we get it, so he can "tell" them.

Hello everyone! I just found this thread today and I'm excited to find a place to share with other moms to be. I'm due June 12th with our second, a boy. We have one little princess now who will be 7 in March.

So far things are going good, baby is healthy and I'm feeling pretty good although MUCH more tired then I was at this point with DD. I don't remember being this tired in the second trimester or having trouble sleeping yet. Of course I'm 33 this time around and not 26 so I'm sure that makes a difference too.

Anyway, glad I found you guys!

Hello everyone! I just found this thread today and I'm excited to find a place to share with other moms to be. I'm due June 12th with our second, a boy. We have one little princess now who will be 7 in March.

So far things are going good, baby is healthy and I'm feeling pretty good although MUCH more tired then I was at this point with DD. I don't remember being this tired in the second trimester or having trouble sleeping yet. Of course I'm 33 this time around and not 26 so I'm sure that makes a difference too.

Congratulations and welcome!! :goodvibes June is a great month... my birthday is the 14th :laughing:

Hey guys!!

I can't remember when we told DS but he heard conversations about it. I'd say it wasn't until well into the 2nd tri that he actually understood what we were talking about. Now he knows Baby Ryan is his baby brother and he is the big brother. He is very excited about showing Baby Ryan his toys and his room. We have a bear we got at our U/S that has Baby Ryan's heartbeat in it and DS loves to carry it around and then lay it in Ryan's crib. I think he gets it ... the only downside is that once we picked the name it STUCK. We can't change the name even if we wanted to because Alex would be soooo confused!!

Well, I made a decision on the VBAC vs. RCS. I was going to attempt a VBAC with a c-section scheduled for 40w4d. That decision just wasn't sitting right though ... I did a lot of talking through it with some of my friends (Thanks Guys!!) and my family and decided to schedule the c-section for 39 weeks. I am excited to have a decision and a date. March 22nd!! :-)

Wow, you had a rough start to the pregnancy. We ordered one of those "I'm the Big Brother" shirts for DS and are planning to tell the rest of the fam after we get it, so he can "tell" them.

It's been a really rough pregnancy in general. I feel SO much better than I did at the beginning but I'm still nauseous a lot and vomiting and all that good stuff, only now I get to add hip and back pain from being all off balance with the belly ;) Oh well, it will be worth it in the end, which is really not all that far off. I will say, that after this experience, I am definitely done. I just cannot imagine going through this again.

I love that you got a big brother t-shirt to tell everyone, that is just too cute. How old is your son??

Congratulations and welcome! It is definitely harder being older and being pregnant. My last pregnancy was 6 years ago and even though it was twins I don't remember it being this hard.

Hey guys!!

I can't remember when we told DS but he heard conversations about it. I'd say it wasn't until well into the 2nd tri that he actually understood what we were talking about. Now he knows Baby Ryan is his baby brother and he is the big brother. He is very excited about showing Baby Ryan his toys and his room. We have a bear we got at our U/S that has Baby Ryan's heartbeat in it and DS loves to carry it around and then lay it in Ryan's crib. I think he gets it ... the only downside is that once we picked the name it STUCK. We can't change the name even if we wanted to because Alex would be soooo confused!!

Well, I made a decision on the VBAC vs. RCS. I was going to attempt a VBAC with a c-section scheduled for 40w4d. That decision just wasn't sitting right though ... I did a lot of talking through it with some of my friends (Thanks Guys!!) and my family and decided to schedule the c-section for 39 weeks. I am excited to have a decision and a date. March 22nd!! :-)

So adorable that your son is so excited!! :goodvibes

Congrats on making a decision, I know it couldn't have been an easy decision but you need to go with your gut and what feels right. The benefit of a scheduled C is that it should be easier to make arrangements for your little one.

Wow, congrats on finding someone to share the pregnancy journey with. There are definitely men out there who will love "someone else's" baby. My Mom was pregnant with me and her husband was a real piece of work and left while she was pregnant. When I was maybe a month or so old, Mom's roommate brought over this guy, they were friends and he came over to hang out. I guess he totally ignored Mom's roommate and Mom and held me and played with me all night- I got the first date ;) Long story short he wound up marrying my mom and adopting me, but he's been my Dad since early on. So yes, there are definitely guys like that out there. :goodvibes

Will your baby's biological father be involved in any way?? Mine never was and was only too happy to sign away rights when the time came.

Thanks for the story, that's so cute! I'm hoping for an ending like that.

I don't know if he'll be involved, he ran off in month 2 of my pregnancy and as far as I'm hearing he thinks it isn't his. I know it's wrong of me to say this because I think every child should have a dad, but I'm hoping he will sign away his rights too. He's gotten into drugs and alcohol and is dangerous when angry, its not a safe environment for a child. His parents are just as bad so I'm hoping to never have to go through a custody battle. Its one of my major stresses.:scared:

Congrats! Sounds like you and I are in almost the same boat. I was 26 with DD (who will be 8 right after this baby is born) and 34 now with #2. I am definitely not as "high" on pregnancy as I was the first time around. In fact, I think the whole thing is a drag and am ready for a payoff! At least then there will be a REASON I don't sleep at night. :)

I happily went to my last perinatologist appointment today. Yay!!!

Today's appointment at the OB was also my last until after the baby is born!

I have one more NST on Monday, and then show up Tuesday at 6:30 am for my C section. Can't believe how close it is now!!!
:goodvibes

Having a craving that can't be fufilled because of snow... yeah this stinks! I'm craving mac and cheese from KFC, but there's no way I'd be able to get it right now. We've got about 6 inches of snow now with 20+ more to come. Ugh.

Thanks for the story, that's so cute! I'm hoping for an ending like that.

I don't know if he'll be involved, he ran off in month 2 of my pregnancy and as far as I'm hearing he thinks it isn't his. I know it's wrong of me to say this because I think every child should have a dad, but I'm hoping he will sign away his rights too. He's gotten into drugs and alcohol and is dangerous when angry, its not a safe environment for a child. His parents are just as bad so I'm hoping to never have to go through a custody battle. Its one of my major stresses.:scared:

I hope you find someone too, and I don't think it's wrong to hope that someone with questionable behavior will not be a huge influence on your child's life.

I happily went to my last perinatologist appointment today. Yay!!!

Today's appointment at the OB was also my last until after the baby is born!

I have one more NST on Monday, and then show up Tuesday at 6:30 am for my C section. Can't believe how close it is now!!!
:goodvibes

Wow, you are getting so close! :woohoo: Good luck on Tuesday!

Having a craving that can't be fufilled because of snow... yeah this stinks! I'm craving mac and cheese from KFC, but there's no way I'd be able to get it right now. We've got about 6 inches of snow now with 20+ more to come. Ugh.

Stupid snow! Doesn't it realize that pregnant ladies need their cravings fulfilled?

I feel your pain!!! Lets just pretend even if you could get it today, it would taste really bad so it wouldn't be worth it! :goodvibes

Maybe you can make a somewhat similar dish at home since it sounds like you will be homebound for a bit?

http://www.topsecretcopycatrecipes.com/kfc_macaroni_and_cheese_recipe.html

I don't know how it tastes, I just googled it. But hey, it sounds pretty simple!

oh that stinks!!! I know what it's like to have a craving so bad. Today mine was cookies and I knew that DH wouldn't want to venture out with me on a Saturday, but he did!!! We had to go out to go to my mom's house and he said that he would drive me to the store and even run in and get them. I was shocked!!! :laughing: I only had a few though. Getting weighed at the doctor is getting to be no fun :rotfl:

I hope that you get your mac and cheese soon!!!!

[COLOR=#blue]:welcome: kt_mom!!! :welcome:[/COLOR]

casumners ... due February 2... It's a surprise!
Ciciwoowoo ... due February 9... It's a boy!
trmcguire ... due February 14... It's a girl!
hulagirl87 ... due March 5... It's a girl!
arubio0801 ... due March 8... It's a boy!
KikiMouse ... due March 14... It's a girl!
karenj2 ... due March 14... It's a surprise!
DMickey28 ... due March 30... It's a boy!
ZPT1022 ... due April 10... It's a surprise!
MommaMouse411 ... due April 18... It's a boy!
Lindsey22 ... due April 21... It's a girl!
WDWAurora ... due May 4... It's a boy!
EmALee ... due May 22... It's a girl!
Sherry7 ... due May 25... It's a girl!
mla973 ... due June 9... It's a surprise!
phragmipedium ... due June 10... It's a surprise!
kt_mom ... due June 12... It's a boy!
lilianddomsmom ... due June 20... It's a girl!
LaurenLC ... due June 28... It's a surprise!
CaveCricket ... due July 7... It's a surprise!
Nette ... due July 9... It's a surprise!
Locolala ... due July 12... It's a girl!
Milmore104 ... due July 31... It's a surprise!
TarzanKat ... due July 31... It's a surprise!
pixiegoose ... due August 5... It's a surprise!
JennandNelsonRego ... due August 10... It's a surprise!
FoundMyPrince ... due August 12... It's a surprise!

Vettechick99 ... due August 21... It's a surprise!
Piecey ... due August 31... It's a surprise!
Mrs. Charming ... due September 7... It's a surprise!
Gabes_Mommy ... due September 10... It's a surprise!
Pollito916 ... due September 28th... It's a surprise!
EeyoreEma ... due October 7th... It's a surprise!

Okay, sorry I was MIA with the list and all.

We lost power last night so we packed up and went to my parent's house. We were afraid it would get too cold for Lucas since we weren't sure when the power would get turned back on...

My parents ended up keeping him tonight, too, so DH and I did dinner and a movie. :)

Hope everyone is good!!

oh that stinks!!! I know what it's like to have a craving so bad. Today mine was cookies and I knew that DH wouldn't want to venture out with me on a Saturday, but he did!!! We had to go out to go to my mom's house and he said that he would drive me to the store and even run in and get them. I was shocked!!! :laughing: I only had a few though. Getting weighed at the doctor is getting to be no fun :rotfl:

I hope that you get your mac and cheese soon!!!!

What a nice shock though! I made a cookie run the other night...but not for me! My dad really wanted oreos and I was the only person in our house not in pajamas (my parents won't leave the house unless they're fully dressed) so off I went...well then my mom decided she wanted chocolate cake, here I am at the grocery store with milk, a pack of oreos, and a chocolate cake thinking...why is none of this for me!?! My doctor actually told me I need to start gaining more weight...maybe I should start eating oreos all the time! I lost 10-15 lbs during the first 4 months of my pregnancy and have only managed to gain 3 lbs back in the last 2 months. I try to eat more calories...but its harder than it seems.

Hopefully you enjoyed your cookies! Maybe your DH will be nice and get you more of your cravings before the baby comes :)

EmALee - It is hard to eat more. I didn't gain anything until I was over 20 weeks. Now I am up a total of 12lbs give or take and can't seem to get much more insideof me!

The nursery is coming together. We bought a rocker/recliner the other day for the room. It's actually a regular living room chair,actually matchs our family room furniture almost exactly, but we figure it will be more useful than the straight glider. It's super comfy too. It's a little big but that's ok! I have one more shelving set to paint and hang up and then just little odds and ends to put together for the room. I am so excited!

Patsy - I don't think it matters for the list but my c-sections is scheduled for March 22nd! :-) 6 weeks away ... crazy!

Hopefully you enjoyed your cookies! Maybe your DH will be nice and get you more of your cravings before the baby comes :)

Oh I definitely enjoyed them. Though the next day I wanted nothing to do with them :confused3 Yesterday DH actually had a craving for brownies so I made those for him. :laughing:

I put together our pack and play last night. Way more steps than I was expecting!!! Phew! Glad that's done. And we put the car seat in the car yesterday. Again, a little more work than I thought, but at least that's done now too. :goodvibes

I put together our pack and play last night. Way more steps than I was expecting!!! Phew! Glad that's done. And we put the car seat in the car yesterday. Again, a little more work than I thought, but at least that's done now too. :goodvibes

We did our pack and play last weekend and I couldn't believe the number of steps! It was actually easier to do the bassinette!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter