Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder! A January 2011 TR.

My goodness, I was several updates behind but am all caught up now. I just had to laugh at the pictures of Sam as she was dancing at the Animal Kingdom! Lacey was chosen to participate several years ago too.

Too bad Kadence didn't like It's Tough To Be A Bug. Like you said, good thing she wasn't sitting on the bench at the end of the show. :scared1:

I could tell from one of your pictures that it was windy 'cause Sam's hair was parted in the back from the wind.

Let's see what else? Oh, glad to read that you were able to get in T-Rex to eat. John said the ribs were okay but they weren't his favorite either. But, the atmosphere more than makes up for the so-so ribs.

I almost forgot! Holy crapola at the crowd of folks behind the rope when you came out of Tusker House.:eek:

:yay: for a snow day - especially if it means more updates!!

Love the pics of FOLK and the parade at AK!

POR looks great - it's a shame the boat wasn't operating on the day you went to DTD. Love Baby Marie - she looks so cute!!!
I love snowdays, even better I get paid for them :thumbsup2
I'm kinda glad the boats weren't running, it would have been a very cold ride!

My goodness, I was several updates behind but am all caught up now. I just had to laugh at the pictures of Sam as she was dancing at the Animal Kingdom! Lacey was chosen to participate several years ago too.

Too bad Kadence didn't like It's Tough To Be A Bug. Like you said, good thing she wasn't sitting on the bench at the end of the show. :scared1:

I could tell from one of your pictures that it was windy 'cause Sam's hair was parted in the back from the wind.

Let's see what else? Oh, glad to read that you were able to get in T-Rex to eat. John said the ribs were okay but they weren't his favorite either. But, the atmosphere more than makes up for the so-so ribs.

I almost forgot! Holy crapola at the crowd of folks behind the rope when you came out of Tusker House.:eek:
It was very windy the whole day, cold front movin through! It warmed up more the rest of the trip.
I had a moment in It's tough to be a Bug, I didn't know the bench had the movement. I jumped:scared1:
We really liked being in T-Rex, Kadence thought the dinosaurs were cool! It was just sad that Sammy didn't have the best time.
When I saw the rope drop crowd coming, it was a bit of a shock! At least we were in front of them:thumbsup2

Love the updates. I am not a fan of waffle fires, but the rest looked pretty good at T-Rex. Of course the room looks super cool.
Claire saw the picture of the babies and immediately said, "I want that baby kitty!"

Thanks for so many POR pics, ill be staying there for the first time in 6 months. woohoo. we got 13 inches up here, then 3 more...then 2 more last night....and i just wish it would STOP SNOWING.

Stepping out of lurkdom to say: Love the photos! Did you take a course, or are you just a naturally-gifted photographer? I can never get good pictures in the FOTLK...

Kadence looks like she is just having the best time!

Love the updates. I am not a fan of waffle fires, but the rest looked pretty good at T-Rex. Of course the room looks super cool.
Claire saw the picture of the babies and immediately said, "I want that baby kitty!"
T-Rex was very neat inside. The Ice cave changed colors alot, and during the meteor shower the sounds and light were cool.
I think that Baby Marie & Baby Dumbo are my favorite!

Thanks for so many POR pics, ill be staying there for the first time in 6 months. woohoo. we got 13 inches up here, then 3 more...then 2 more last night....and i just wish it would STOP SNOWING.
Hi Appleton, I'm 30 mins away from you in Manawa! We got about the same as you, I was suprised to see more this morning! POR is awesome, I love it. I wish we were going back in Sept, but in order to do a cheaper trip we went with POP.

Stepping out of lurkdom to say: Love the photos! Did you take a course, or are you just a naturally-gifted photographer? I can never get good pictures in the FOTLK...

Kadence looks like she is just having the best time!
Thank-you & :wave2:
I've been doing the photgraphy thing on my own for a while, but I'm working on taking better pics in the dark. I'm very critical of my shots. To help with dark shots, turn off your flash,(other wise your just shooting only things with-in about a 7 foot range) and if your camera has night settings or if you can set the ISO to a higher setting. I have a DSLR so I have to adjust for different light settings

Kadence had a ball, I'm so glad we can do this with her.

I thought I commented on your AK day...I must be losing it...:lmao: LOVED the parade shots and the FOTLK is a favorite. T-Rex looks like a lot of fun...but I want good food too! It did look delicious...

I thought I commented on your AK day...I must be losing it...:lmao: LOVED the parade shots and the FOTLK is a favorite. T-Rex looks like a lot of fun...but I want good food too! It did look delicious...

LOL, T-Rex was fun, it's alot to take in with the light and decor; dinosaurs everywhere growling and snorting! The food wasn't bad, the fries were yummy. I think my DH is just picky about his ribs:snooty: I did see some burgers go by me that looked very good and HUGE!

]On our first Epcot day we planned to be there at park opening, so of course since I make the plans, I'm up first! After John and I got ready, we ran over to Riverside Mill to grab counter service breakfast for everyone (while Sam took her own sweet time getting ready). I have to say it was a lot of food. Everyone enjoyed their breakfast. John, Samantha, and I all got the bounty platter,

Sam and I traded her eggs for my biscuit & bacon. She doesn't like eggs, and bacon for me has to be done just so.
Kadence got the kids platter. She ate almost everything, which is a little surprising. She usually eats like a bird (which is her nickname)

I think that worked out great. It was nice to just share breakfast together. We don't get to do that normally, with everyone leaving home for work and school at different times.
I planned this Epcot day as a Future World only day. I figured take it slow and see everything. The first thing we did once the park opened was head over to Soarin. They walked us over to the fountain area, and held us there while some characters were welcoming some chosen families. I swear I had pictures of this!
We were then allowed to walk behind the rope and right into the Land. This is where I saw marciemi, a fellow Dis'er. He did in fact wear his Cheese Head with Mickey ears attached! I took a picture, but he was farther ahead of me and my pics were to dark to clearly see him. This day was the play-off game between the Green Bay Packers and The Chicago Bears to determine who would play in the Super bowl. We were all dressed in our Packer clothes, except for Sam who is a Vikings/Bears fan. (I don't know where I went wrong with her???)

We were lucky enough to be in front half of the pack. On to Soarin

We got front row with no dangling feet! This is the first time John went on Soarin. He gets motion sick easily and didn't do it last time we were there. Mikey/ I mean John liked it! I kinda gave him some crap about it last time, telling him it's like sitting in a lawn glider that just happens to be floating above the ground. I didn't mention that it's a bit more than floating!
After Soarin we headed over to Test Track,

the wait time was only 10 minutes so Sam, Kadence and I headed in. John skipped this one, saying her would check out the shop and relax on a bench. Along the way,

This is how I feel when riding along with Sammy…..

This looks like my first car! Kidding…….

I know that family! Not very bright, but fun to watch.......

Kadence wanted to drive, but the CM told us to sit her in the middle.

She laughed so hard, I think I have another thrill ride child on my hands. I have to take Dramamine to do anything like this, I get car sick easily. It makes me so drowsy, but I want to have fun with the kiddos. We didn't see John in the shop, but the girls did find a new ride.

We wandered by Mission Space, but didn’t ride.

I needed a break from fast motion rides and Sam didn’t want to go alone. We did do Universe of Energy.

It does move slowly in the beginning, but the second half with the dinosaurs was pretty neat.

cont next post

We moved on to The Seas.

Kadence with Nemo

And Dory

We rode Finding Nemo and then went right into Turtle Talk with Crush. I think half of Canada was in that particular show. One of the kids picked to talk with Crush was from Canada and when it was mentioned half the room shouted and cheered!
I have one picture from the holding area/ aquarium.

I had 2 cameras with me. I was only using the small one when I didn’t want to change settings on my DSLR. . I stopped using it after this day, because the flash wasn’t going off when I thought it should. I think I lost a few pictures, but to my sometimes failing memory, I hope / don’t think anything very important!

Next, Living with the Land

OOOhhh, SO happy:woohoo: I got my photopass cd in the mail today :yay:

Got to get then loaded on, and now I'm just waiting on the book.

Sounds like you all had a great time at Epcot! You sure got through a lot of rides!

Love the picture of Kadence doing her 'nemo' face at the end and :woohoo: on getting your photopass CD - look forward to seeing the results!

Sounds like a great morning at Epcot! Love how (almost) all of you were showing your support for the Packers. :thumbsup2

I love the baby disney characters too. I have baby Dumbo and Baby Boo. Glad you had fun at EPCOT.

Fun day! My P&S has trouble with it's flash as well. But in the daylight it takes pretty good pictures. I have yet to find a P &S that has a good flash recovery time. I tried some out at the store the other day and they all take several seconds to regenerate...I don't have seconds to lose!!!!! :rotfl: I'm looking for a cheapo waterproof camera. I found a kodack in my price range...but it isn't released until late March. I hope I can find it in the store and try it out. I found a fuji that takes decent pics and waterproof, but It's almost twice as much, and I rather not spend much on a camera I basically just want to use when we are going to get wet.

Sounds like you all had a great time at Epcot! You sure got through a lot of rides!

Love the picture of Kadence doing her 'nemo' face at the end and :woohoo: on getting your photopass CD - look forward to seeing the results!
Kadence does a LOT of funny faces, sometimes it hard to get a staight face! I'm hoping to get my PhotoPass loaded up tomorrow!

Sounds like a great morning at Epcot! Love how (almost) all of you were showing your support for the Packers. :thumbsup2
Yeah, Sam is a stinker. She tried to get a Bears shirt before the trip, but she couldn't find one. We told her she couldn't come to Disney if she found one:lmao:

I love the baby disney characters too. I have baby Dumbo and Baby Boo. Glad you had fun at EPCOT.
Out of everything she got, my fav is Dumbo, soooo cute!

Fun day! My P&S has trouble with it's flash as well. But in the daylight it takes pretty good pictures. I have yet to find a P &S that has a good flash recovery time. I tried some out at the store the other day and they all take several seconds to regenerate...I don't have seconds to lose!!!!! :rotfl: I'm looking for a cheapo waterproof camera. I found a kodack in my price range...but it isn't released until late March. I hope I can find it in the store and try it out. I found a fuji that takes decent pics and waterproof, but It's almost twice as much, and I rather not spend much on a camera I basically just want to use when we are going to get wet.
My P&S is a Canon Power Shot, and it was fine until just recently. The screen has been going dark when I turn it on end, and on our epcot day the flash wasn't going off when I wanted it to. I lost about 30 pictures as well, I don't know why:confused: I'm taking it in, as it's under warentty.Hopefully I'll get replacement cost, and I can get a new P&S before Sept. I'm thinking Nikkon cool pic. My DSLR gets babied, so I don't want to take it everwhere, if I have a decent P&S I'd feel better.

Subscribing!! Sounds like an awesome trip - and I'm really enjoying your pictures!

:)
Welcome :wave2:and Thanks, I love taking them. My girls get tired of me taking so many, but I say too bad;)

LOVED the Future World Update! :love:
Thanks, and I'm not done yet:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter