• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Miss B's Magical Wish Trip Adventure to Atlantica

Thank you every one for your kind words! We are delighted over here--it totally hasn't sunk in yet!

And, I'm thrilled to announce that things are progressing very quickly--we only had the wish granters here on Saturday and today, Anne has already e-mailed me once and spoken to me on the phone four times today!

She confirmed that MAW will be granting Brooke's Disney wish! Yeah!!!:woohoo::woohoo: She already checked our preferred dates and confirmed them with us, so we are set to fly out on September 8, returning September 15. (MAW will even put us up in a hotel next to the airport the night before because we have a very early morning flight and since we are in Canada, it's considered an international one, so we'll have to arrive early to clear customs.) Amazing!!

Plus, Anne booked Brooke for a 9:00 am BBB appointment (apparently this is part of the wish! How wonderful!! An elderly gentleman has sponsored Brooke's wish (or part of it?) and insisted that she have BBB included) and while she was at it, Anne also booked us for a CRT lunch that same day!!! My little princess will fall off her chair when she finds out!! Truly magical. princess::wizard:princess:

The generous gentleman who has sponsored Brooke would like to meet her and has asked if we would mind if he tags along for our presentation meeting--and, of course, we said of he is absolutely welcome! I'd love to get the chance to personally thank this man for his generosity and kindness!! I'm just bowled over by everything....:love::lovestruc:love:

My new ticker says three months, three weeks and a handful of days....I have so much to do, but luckily, still quite a bit of time to do it! I can't wait to get started.....

Thanks for following us on this journey!:flower3:

what a wonderful gift you are receiving from the kind gentleman! Brooke will love becoming a princess and eating in the castle is amazing!!!

now, let the planning begin :banana::banana::banana:

I am teary just reading it!!! HOORAY for DISNEY!!!!! i cannot wait to follow along on all your fun!

and could your daughter possible be any cuter??? i think not!!!!

:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:hug::lovestruc:lovestruc

:banana::cool1::cheer2: YAY FOR DATES!!!!

hello01.gif

News from the DIS Blogs today--The Pirates League will be offering a limited-edition 'Mermaid Transformation' package from May 20 to July 2, in honour of the mermaids appearing in the new Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides movie. Instead of the traditional Empress pirate-themed garb, girls will be made over to look like sea goddesses--sea-coloured make-up, official OPI Mermaid Tears Nail colour, hair styling, some sort of shimmering hair accessory, a rhinestone face gem. Also includes a Pirates sheath (although I'm not certain what for, if there's no sword? Wasn't a mention of it), a full-size bottle of the OPI Mermaid Tears nail polish and a mini-set of OPI Pirates of the Caribbean nail polishes. (Guess you can holster your nail polish bottles!) Same price as other packages - $29.95.

Too bad that this makeover will only be offered for a short period this summer, Brooke would love to be turned into a mermaid! It would be great if they also had some 'mermaids' to meet and greet with during this time period. Especially since Ariel's grotto is now under a sea of construction!

Also--for those interested, Rapunzel makeovers (including dress and wig!) are now available (as of May 1st) at BBB. The Hannah Montana package has been retired.

Just thought I would inform anyone who also has mermaid and princess fans on their hands.....

Glad she's getting her trip and princess makeover. when I read your trip title first I read Atlanta for some reason.. think I need stronger glasses :rotfl:

Glad she's getting her trip and princess makeover. when I read your trip title first I read Atlanta for some reason.. think I need stronger glasses :rotfl:

I'm certain Atlanta has its own reasons for visiting, but unless it can boast mermaids and princesses, in Brooke's eyes, I don't think it'll hold a candle to Disney! :)

Just wishing the Canadians on this board a nice long weekend--it's Victoria Day weekend here (similar to next week's Memorial Day weekend for my American friends)--the start of a much-deserved and anticipated summer....opening up cottages, picnics in the park, fireworks and bbqs....love it!:cutie:

:cool1: Congrats on your dates. You must be so excited:dance3: 15 years ago we honeymooned there on Sept 8-18:goodvibes and remembered how great the weather was and the crowds were low.

News from the DIS Blogs today--The Pirates League will be offering a limited-edition 'Mermaid Transformation' package from May 20 to July 2, in honour of the mermaids appearing in the new Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides movie. Instead of the traditional Empress pirate-themed garb, girls will be made over to look like sea goddesses--sea-coloured make-up, official OPI Mermaid Tears Nail colour, hair styling, some sort of shimmering hair accessory, a rhinestone face gem. Also includes a Pirates sheath (although I'm not certain what for, if there's no sword? Wasn't a mention of it), a full-size bottle of the OPI Mermaid Tears nail polish and a mini-set of OPI Pirates of the Caribbean nail polishes. (Guess you can holster your nail polish bottles!) Same price as other packages - $29.95.

Too bad that this makeover will only be offered for a short period this summer, Brooke would love to be turned into a mermaid! It would be great if they also had some 'mermaids' to meet and greet with during this time period. Especially since Ariel's grotto is now under a sea of construction!

Also--for those interested, Rapunzel makeovers (including dress and wig!) are now available (as of May 1st) at BBB. The Hannah Montana package has been retired.

Just thought I would inform anyone who also has mermaid and princess fans on their hands.....

I read that too about the mermaid package and knew DD would love it, but unfortunately it won't be offered in July:sad2:

:cool1: Congrats on your dates. You must be so excited:dance3: 15 years ago we honeymooned there on Sept 8-18:goodvibes and remembered how great the weather was and the crowds were low.

Thanks! We thought it would be a good time to go--and everyone seems to be agreeing. Can't wait!

I read that too about the mermaid package and knew DD would love it, but unfortunately it won't be offered in July:sad2:

Ditto. My mermaid fiend would have loved it! I had hoped they'd have some new mermaids for meet and greet, since they will have new pirates in honour of the new movie, but they would have the same problem as Ariel. She can't be in her fins sitting out in the hot Florida sun without some water nearby! ;) Besides, even if they had some mermaids to M&G, they probably only would have been there for the same time period!

so fabulous that you have dates.

Thanks! We are sooooo stoked. My husband and I are trying to make plans over Brooke's head at dinner, but realized that she was starting to listen into the conversations last night. From now on, we'll be speaking about our plans in French around her!

:yay: Hooray for dates! Miss B is going to have an amazing time! Can't wait to hear more as you plan! I 'm going to look into the mermaid makeover for my girls.

Since this trip is all about Brooke meeting the princesses, we decided to splurge and get reservations for another character meal. I have no idea when we'll go back and we just really want her to get her fill of the princesses, and since the BBB appointment has very generously been sponsored by a wish grantor, we decided to go to Akershus for dinner one night, as well. It was actually Pascal who insisted--I think he's eager to try out some Norwegian fare at the same time, :laughing:but mostly, I know it is because the girls are his little princessesprincess:princess: and he just wants to make Brooke's wish trip as special as can be. :cloud9:

So, happy to report we got another dining reservation--this time for dinner! We're bound to see Ariel at one of the meals, right?:cheer2:

Since this trip is all about Brooke meeting the princesses, we decided to splurge and get reservations for another character meal. I have no idea when we'll go back and we just really want her to get her fill of the princesses, and since the BBB appointment has very generously been sponsored by a wish grantor, we decided to go to Akershus for dinner one night, as well. It was actually Pascal who insisted--I think he's eager to try out some Norwegian fare at the same time, :laughing:but mostly, I know it is because the girls are his little princessesprincess:princess: and he just wants to make Brooke's wish trip as special as can be. :cloud9:

So, happy to report we got another dining reservation--this time for dinner! We're bound to see Ariel at one of the meals, right?:cheer2:

we saw Ariel at CRT for dinner on 3/29....she has feet though! we went to Akershus for breakfast back in 2005, she wasn't there then...but she has feet at all the character meals, so you might want to prepare Brooke if she's expecting to see her as a mermaid.

I loved reading about your family. Austin is still waiting for his kidney transplant, it is good to read about other families that have conquered hard things!

We saw Ariel at Akershush last summer for breakfast. They make no guarantees who will be there, but you might ask to see if she is usually there.

we saw Ariel at CRT for dinner on 3/29....she has feet though! we went to Akershus for breakfast back in 2005, she wasn't there then...but she has feet at all the character meals, so you might want to prepare Brooke if she's expecting to see her as a mermaid.

I will warn Brooke that she won't be meeting Ariel with the fins (as how could she possibly walk around with her tail?). Although we will make sure to visit The Voyage of the Little Mermaid show just to make sure we get a little fin action in! :thumbsup2

I loved reading about your family. Austin is still waiting for his kidney transplant, it is good to read about other families that have conquered hard things!

Thank you. I hope you hear about the transplant soon and that Austin keeps smiling throughout the wait. Hard times can be overcome--and I have faith that his is just around the corner. :hug:

We saw Ariel at Akershush last summer for breakfast. They make no guarantees who will be there, but you might ask to see if she is usually there.

Good suggestion! We hear that it changes day-to-day, so we'll check in the day of the reservation to see if she will in fact be there. We decided to make two dining reservations just in hopes of seeing her at least one. We figure, between the princess meals, and stalking out Ariel at her M&G location, we should be able to get a hug from that mermaid somehow!:woohoo:

Soooo, I am finding it so hard to keep this a secret from Brooke. Everytime she wants to watch a movie or play dress-up, I want to tell her--"Guess what? Your wish is coming true! You're going to meet Ariel and the princesses!!"--but I stop myself. She wouldn't be able to understand the wait time, so it's best to keep it to ourselves for now.

I'm just soooo excited. Yesterday, our wish grantor called to ask us our preference: a hotel near the airport (with paid parking for our car) the night before or transportation to and from the morning of the flight.

We were debating between the two because the flight is very early and because it is international we'll have to go through customs. But, on the other hand, staying at a hotel the night before might make it difficult to get the girls to sleep and for Pas and I to do last-minute things. So, we opted for the transportation. It'll make getting the girls up very early, but it'll be easier fo us in the evening to get things done and ensure they have a good sleep--we'll just have to get them to bed earlier!

I hope that Brooke likes this calendar.....I know she likes Ariel so I tried to make Ariel the focus... we got to meet Ariel at CRT and she was so cute.....

Brookescalendar.jpg

I hope that Brooke likes this calendar.....I know she likes Ariel so I tried to make Ariel the focus... we got to meet Ariel at CRT and she was so cute.....

Brookescalendar.jpg

Awwww....Brooke! That's just awesome. Thanks so much. :lovestruc I'm almost tearing up just looking at it. It's perfect. She will love this. I'm going to find some great Ariel and fish stickers to put on it. Just perfect!!! You are a doll!!:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter