• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Cruise, Oct 30th,2010 Magical Western NewTR link 4/10

great dinner update! Your boys looked great in their blue shirts, but how funny how they treated their nice clothes once they could get out of them! :thumbsup2

Yes, well, they are slobs, and they are so GOOD at what they do! :rolleyes: By the way, I am VERY happy that our change in plans in November won't change our meet plans! :goodvibes

My eyes locked in on the D&B wristlet, love that, it is so cute!

I'm more than ready for some of that lobstah. Pass it over here! :love:

My eyes were locked on that wristlet every day! I adore it! It was an excellent purchase, and was not just adorable but practical as well. :thumbsup2 And the lobstah was very good. It was cooked pretty well, I was surprised.

The Crime scene looks familiar!!!:rotfl2:The Lobster tails look devine :cloud9:The shrimp appetizer please and okay I 'fess I am not a big chocolate cake lover , although the girls are !!! :banana:

That's funny- the crime scene looks familiar! :rotfl: And that chocolate cake was TDF-

Looks like your dinner was a hit!:thumbsup2 The best part is dessert. They should let you order that first:goodvibes

I'm glad your temps are warming up a bit! We had one chilly day yesterday, and now back to nice again today - so unusual, but I'm loving it while it lasts!:cool1:

That cake was so incredible- none of us spoke while we ate at our table...there was just alot of chewing and moaning...:rotfl2:

OK, so what I've basically concluded through this TR, is that I do not need to eat for a week prior to our cruise because I will eat, and eat, and eat, on this cruise? Not that I'm complaining...... :rolleyes1

A newbie to DCL and the trip reports. Your trip report has me so excited for our trip in two weeks! Thanks for taking the time to share your adventure.

OK, so what I've basically concluded through this TR, is that I do not need to eat for a week prior to our cruise because I will eat, and eat, and eat, on this cruise? Not that I'm complaining...... :rolleyes1

Ummm...yea...pretty much. If you want to. You can starve yourself if you want to, too- but it won't be NEARLY as much fun!

A newbie to DCL and the trip reports. Your trip report has me so excited for our trip in two weeks! Thanks for taking the time to share your adventure.

Thanks for checking in- have a GREAT cruise, you are going to LOVE IT!!!! And don't forget to order Mickey Ice Cream Bars, both from room service and in the Dining rooms- I was kicking myself when I got off that ship, I never ordered one, not even ONCE!! :sad2: I'm so ashamed!!

IMG_0674.jpg

Mikey came around with vanilla ice cream, which made this dessert the bomb-diggity!!

:lmao::rotfl2: You are too funny! But I totally agree, this was truly the bomb-diggity! It was even still freakin amazing 45 minutes later!!!! Best dessert evah on DCL hands down!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

That's interesting....what time did you order?

After dinner. Around 10 I guess. The more I think about it, the more I realize it must have been the night before, though.

[
Then we would all live in San Diego or Hawaii! 82 sounds great to me! I keep telling DH that we need to retire to Celebration and work for Disney!

Tammie, that is *SO*my plan! 2031 can't come soon enough, LOL!!!:rotfl2:

BTW, LOVE your mickey wristlet! too cute!

LMAO I bought the exact same one. They had white, blue, red and yellow. I wanted white but I am very picky and I want as many of the pictures on the design to show neatly and spaced as well as possible, so I went back to TK several times to pick through the ones they had, but I never could find a good one on white (they even brought more out from the back for me). The purses are only in white and I wanted both a wristlet and a purse but had to ditch the idea of the purse because I went over budget on pictures in Shutters and Ron hates how I am always buying expensive purses yet only carry a laptop bag or a diaper bag..(thank GOD those days are soon going to come to an end!!!)..so there was a perfect yellow one there, and Ron said he liked the one Ellen had, so that was that. ;)

E-Now we're twins!!!!:rotfl2:

We skipped the Captain's Gala on semi-formal night and did Palo's instead.

We are not "lobstah" people and nothing else on the menu really floated our boat, so to speak, so we decided to take off that night from the regular rotational.

Might reconsider that decision for the next cruise if there is chocolate lava cake involved!

My girls leave their clothes in the place they took them off too. :worship: My favorite is the summer when the get in from the pool. You can literally track where they have been by the garment trail. :confused3 But is good to know I am not the only one.
ok glad its not stereotype just boys and kids alike LOL Kills me when all 3 of my kids (especially that big kid of mine E) all have their clothes by the laundry basket, but not in it.. serously how hard is it to pick it up and put in in a foot away.. UGG sorry end of vent.:headache:

Looks like your dinner was a hit!:thumbsup2 The best part is dessert. They should let you order that first:goodvibes
OH HECK YES! lifes too short!

I'm glad your temps are warming up a bit! We had one chilly day yesterday, and now back to nice again today - so unusual, but I'm loving it while it lasts!:cool1:
Same here boys were in shorts and t's, but its due to be cold again (high 60's again.. you know how fridged we get LOL)
Oh and I agree yall should move to Diego to be close to ME!!! :banana:

dont go killen yourself before the cruise hun. Just use the stairs and it sort of combats the 15 course meals (you know one for every hour LOL)

before that all yall better come and visit me in Cali 1st

so there was a perfect yellow one there, and Ron said he liked the one Ellen had, so that was that. ;)

aww too cute! princess:princess:

:lmao::rotfl2: You are too funny! But I totally agree, this was truly the bomb-diggity! It was even still freakin amazing 45 minutes later!!!! Best dessert evah on DCL hands down!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I agree- best DCL dessert ever- I liked it even more than Palo's souffle! :scared1:

After dinner. Around 10 I guess. The more I think about it, the more I realize it must have been the night before, though.

[

LMAO I bought the exact same one. They had white, blue, red and yellow. I wanted white but I am very picky and I want as many of the pictures on the design to show neatly and spaced as well as possible, so I went back to TK several times to pick through the ones they had, but I never could find a good one on white (they even brought more out from the back for me). The purses are only in white and I wanted both a wristlet and a purse but had to ditch the idea of the purse because I went over budget on pictures in Shutters and Ron hates how I am always buying expensive purses yet only carry a laptop bag or a diaper bag..(thank GOD those days are soon going to come to an end!!!)..so there was a perfect yellow one there, and Ron said he liked the one Ellen had, so that was that. ;)

Cool! I like being twins with you!!:goodvibes I love the yellow- so happy, that color!

We skipped the Captain's Gala on semi-formal night and did Palo's instead.

We are not "lobstah" people and nothing else on the menu really floated our boat, so to speak, so we decided to take off that night from the regular rotational.

Might reconsider that decision for the next cruise if there is chocolate lava cake involved!

We went to Palo on this night our first cruise, so we didn't want to miss it this time- especially because in the past two years Tyler has become a BIG fan of lobstah! :goodvibes

ok glad its not stereotype just boys and kids alike LOL Kills me when all 3 of my kids (especially that big kid of mine E) all have their clothes by the laundry basket, but not in it.. serously how hard is it to pick it up and put in in a foot away.. UGG sorry end of vent.:headache:

YES!!! Why can't they get it in the hamper???? They drop them (when they make it that far) right in front of the hamper!!! GAAAAHHHHH!!!!! And why oh why does everything come off inside-out and twisted??? GAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

Same here boys were in shorts and t's, but its due to be cold again (high 60's again.. you know how fridged we get LOL)
Oh and I agree yall should move to Diego to be close to ME!!! :banana:

Ok- it's going back to the teens tonight- I don't think we can be friends until winter is over, LOL!

dont go killen yourself before the cruise hun. Just use the stairs and it sort of combats the 15 course meals (you know one for every hour LOL)

aww too cute! princess:princess:

We woke up on Friday to this....

IMG_0686.jpg

We were docking at Castaway Cay....always the best day, but on the 7 night cruise, also the most bittersweet, because it is the last day as well. They were obviously still busy getting the dock ready for the two new ships, the first of which would be docking here for the first time in about 2 months. We had a quick breakfast at Topsiders, before heading out for the day. Almost immediately, I persuaded the family to pose with Daisy. Because there was really no line, and that is the ONLY way they will humor me and take a picture with a character anymore!

IMG_0687.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

Daisy was SOOO cute, I was so happy we stopped- she was SOOOO excited about my sundress, she made it very clear that she REALLY liked the way I went to the beach! :rotfl: Of course, she also wanted me to notice her dress, which I loved, too, and made very clear to her.

img014.jpg

We walked on towards the family beach, and I was on a roll, so we got some more pics- with me actually IN them!

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

As you can see from the photos, it wasn't the clearest of days...it was definitely cooler than where we had been in the Caribbean, and it was cloudy, but....it wasn't RAINING and we were ON CASTAWAY CAY, and that's the MOST important thing, as far as we're concerned! We saw Pluto, and once again, I was able to easily convince the boys to stop-

IMG_0695.jpg

Hmmm...notice Tyler's lanyard? Under his arm like that? Hmmmmmm......

img015.jpg

We saw this Newlywed couple and yelled Congratulations, but they really look very preoccupied, don't they?

IMG_0696.jpg

There was so much that was new on CC since our last visit, and we couldn't WAIT to check it all out! So we stopped at this sign to contemplate the best place to park it for the day,

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

Pods & Timmy walked ahead...and Tyler screamed....

OH MY GOD!!! I LOST MY CARD!!!!! :scared1:

Pods & Tim were very far ahead at this point, and they didn't hear me when I yelled to them- but really, I was a little freaked out, because we had finally, for the first time, decided to give Tyler charging privaleges on his KTTW card, and all I could think was that somewhere on the beach someone was having a GREAT time buying multiple rounds of Konk Koolers and BIG beach towels for their favorite 50 people. :scared1: We backtracked a bit, scanning the ground...

After walking back some, Tyler gave up, he said we're never going to find it!! It could be anywhere!! So, I decided we should find a CM and report the card missing.

I have to say, I passed about 10 CMs walking around, and after checking them out from head to toe, decided none of them was smart enough for the task. :confused3 :rotfl: Seriously! I really thought that! The words, "She's just not up for it" crossed my mind on all of them, although they all looked perfectly wonderful!

I guess card locator is a very specific profile.:rotfl:

I ended up at a little hut, and chose this one CM- he looked juuuuust right! Seriously- I waited for him over the other CM because he just looked right to me. We explained the whole thing, how we know we lost it somewhere between Daisy Duck and the sea shell store, and how I was worried because it had charging privaleges (to which Tyler was like, "It did?") and he just said, don't worry, no one will charge anything, someone will turn it in, people turn them in all day long, people lose them all the time, I even found one already today, and I just got here, but unless your name's Tyler, I didn't find yours....

WHAT DID YOU SAY??????????

OMG, what are the odds- we walked up to the ONE PERSON on the WHOLE OF CASTAWAY CAY that could ACTUALLY, REALLY help us. :woohoo:
CLIFFORD- uber-super CM!

IMG_0699.jpg

We were FREAKING out!!! That was the CRAZIEST coincidence !!!! I was screaming, "THIS IS THE MOST MAGICAL MOMENT EVAAAAAARRRR!!!!!!" And Clifford was like, "Yea...it is!! Wow, what are the odds? That is the coolest thing! I can't believe it!!"

What a great experience...for us. For Pods...not so much. In his world, he was walking to the beach with his family, and then he just was walking to the beach with one of his family. :rolleyes1

OOPS.

He got over it though...it was a pretty impressive magical moment, after all.

Wow sounds like Clifford is THE MAN!!! I would've freaked too if I were in your situation....lost card w/ charging privies. :scared1: I am always double checking DH at the parks to make sure he has his KTTW card. The man is constantly losing his keys so I have to worry a lil...haha

:yay::yay: What an awesome story!!!! You sure did a great job researching the perfect CM :thumbsup2 You rock Clifford the big red dog!!! :thumbsup2
I did notice Tyler's off center lanyard...I thought...hmmm that is odd ;)

Daisy is right....you are stylin' going to the beach :thumbsup2 Love your sundress :goodvibes

I just looked at my picture of The Flying Dutchman on my desk here at work and you can really tell that it weather a bit....love seeing it...too bad Captain Jack isn't hiding out on the island somewhere....would love to drink some rum with him :love:

I :lovestruc Pluto!! :goodvibes

Tracy

Wow sounds like Clifford is THE MAN!!! I would've freaked too if I were in your situation....lost card w/ charging privies. :scared1: I am always double checking DH at the parks to make sure he has his KTTW card. The man is constantly losing his keys so I have to worry a lil...haha

Well, I hope if your DH's KTTW card ever goes missing, you will be fortunate enough to have Clifford find it for you! :goodvibes

:yay::yay: What an awesome story!!!! You sure did a great job researching the perfect CM :thumbsup2 You rock Clifford the big red dog!!! :thumbsup2
I did notice Tyler's off center lanyard...I thought...hmmm that is odd ;)

Daisy is right....you are stylin' going to the beach :thumbsup2 Love your sundress :goodvibes

I just looked at my picture of The Flying Dutchman on my desk here at work and you can really tell that it weather a bit....love seeing it...too bad Captain Jack isn't hiding out on the island somewhere....would love to drink some rum with him :love:

I :lovestruc Pluto!! :goodvibes

Tracy

Thanks- I got my dress in a Surf Shop last Spring in the OBX. :goodvibes I'll be missing that vacation this year, we are staying put for Spring Break (although I may be tempted to drive down to Washington for a couple of days to see the Cherry Blossoms with the boys.....).

The Flying Dutchman is gone now, right? Glad I got to see her one last time! And I'm with ya...I would totally love to yo-ho-yo-ho with Captain Jack on that island! :rotfl::rotfl:

Pluto IS a good doggie!! :lovestruc

Aww you guys got some really great pics!!! :) We rode the tram so we didn't get those opportunities.

What time did you guys get out on the island? It looks pretty early, but we were out there before the wedding (we watched it, LOL).

Ah, where was Clifford when we needed him? Djd you know Ron lost his card too that morning? It got sucked up by Pelican Plunge (which they said happens countless times per day). They didn't find his though, so we had to wait to go to Guest Services onboard to get him a new one. ;)

I just looked at my picture of The Flying Dutchman on my desk here at work and you can really tell that it weather a bit....love seeing it...

Tracy

Tracy did you know it is gone now? :sad2::sad1: They dismantled it Like a week after we were there!!!! I had no idea they were preparing to do that, but yes, she was looking rough, especially on the backside. :sad2::sad2:

Tracy did you know it is gone now? :sad2::sad1: They dismantled it Like a week after we were there!!!! I had no idea they were preparing to do that, but yes, she was looking rough, especially on the backside. :sad2::sad2:

:sad1: Nooooo I didn't know that :sad1: It was just then that I saw that picture and then glanced over and thought wow...that looks kinda weathered (like me by oh around Labor day :rolleyes1)

It was so neat to see it "live" and in pictures :rolleyes:

So did the couple get married on CC or on the ship? :bride:

Tracy

Awesome bit of luck finding the card - YAY Clifford!

I have 10 more days til my cruise - do a neighbor a favor and finish your report before then... I want the whole experience before I leave!

KTTW cards present and accounted for, we marched over to have a look at Pelican Plunge. The beach there was already too crowded to have a seat, but that made the family beach pretty open so we were easily able to snag some seats over there. First, though, we sent the boys off to slide. There was quite a wait, but they were determined, of course! Sorry for the blurry pics, my water camera was not so great this morning-

PB050681.jpg

PB050682.jpg

PB050683.jpg

PB050684.jpg

PB050685.jpg

The boys were pretty chilly after that slide, but they said it was really fun- just really cold! They preferred the dark, completely enclosed tube to the other one- it is VERY fast! I walked around a little bit-

PB050686.jpg

PB050689.jpg

PB050690.jpg

PB050691.jpg

There were really alot of changes on CC, and I was so excited that we were lucky enough to see so many of them open! After a little lounging around, I ordered a Konk Kooler from a passing server-

PB050697.jpg

It was too sweet for me, but I can see why people who like sweet drinks would enjoy this! I continued explorirg.....

PB050698.jpg

PB050699.jpg

PB050700.jpg

PB050701.jpg

PB050702.jpg

PB050703.jpg

PB050704.jpg

PB050705.jpg

I think it began to sprinkle a bit, so we thought we'd go play some games over at In Da Shade Games....

PB050706.jpg

They shot some hoops...

PB050707.jpg

Played a quick game of chess...

PB050708.jpg

PB050709.jpg

PB050710.jpg

Cont'd next post...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter