May 9, 2015 7night Eastern on the Fantasy Meet

My family-two adults, four kids (ages 12,11,9,8) want to join for the Fish Extenders. First Cruise and this sounds so fun.

Zoey DD-12
Zane DS-11
Zak DD-9
Zaylie DD-8
Cabins 9666 & 9668

Colecadogan,
We are not to far from you at 9530. As I mentioned, we have two daughters 9 & 7. They may be spending time with your girls in the Oceaneer Club/Lab.

Colecadogan - Welcome! I'll add you to the FE list. It is great fun!

Anyone else who may have previously asked to join FE, please repost your info here or PM me as I have no list from before the last person bowed out.

Thanks all!!

Hi!:wave2:
Made our first bookings today and realized we're really going! I've previously booked Fantasy cruises and then changed to other itineraries. We're finally going to see the Fourth Disney ship!
Our group:
Myself and DH - both 55 and on our 10th Disney cruise
DD(21) - her 9th cruise
and her FIVE BFF. All 21 or 20. All except one on their first cruise. All science or engineering majors. All are turning 21 this year. All are graduating over the next year. All are excited to take a Disney cruise before grown-up life starts.

We are in the process of booking this cruise right now (waiting for my TA). It will be me (Lisa), DH (Josh), and DD (Isabella- 4). DH and I are celebrating our 10 year anniversary on May 13 and I turn 40 :scared: on May 14. :bday: So this is a big trip for us. We have cruised before (me 6, DH 5, DD 3), but none of us have ever been on Disney. DH and I took a very very short trip to WDW a couple of years ago, but stayed off site. So we did not get the Disney experience. I love everything Disney related and DD is the same way. DH is just being a good guy and along for the ride (whatever makes the girls happy). The trip actually started as a WDW trip at a value resort, which morphed into a moderate resort with dining plan and became a cruise. I liked either one, but DH would prefer a cruise. I thought DD would rather do the parks but she just wants to see "the creatures" and I am sure they are on the ship. And it would be more relaxing than the parks. So cruise it is...

So I know a lot about cruising but not much about Disney or Port Canaveral, so I may have a question or 20 later.

OMG we are so excited. I will be sailing with my DH, DD (6) and DS (3). We would love to participate in the FE. This will be my 2nd Disney Cruise (although my first was 15 years ago) and a first for my hubby and kids. My parents and two sisters and brother in law will also be joining us. Cabin 8664.

We've decided to jump on the fish extender train for our second Disney Cruise! We will be a group of 4. 2 adults and 2 children (5 & 3). Stateroom 9047.

This is our 1st Disney Cruise and we're so excited! I'm so glad I came across a review that recommended joining your meet up group or I would have never known about it!

Count us in on the FE: Me (Heather), my fiancé (Joe), Connor (12), and Kenzie (9)
Stateroom 6512

Just checking ... Joni, are you still organizing the FE? When do we typically close it? Will you send out a list once you do close it? We've never done one so I'm not really sure how it works.

So I am officially booked. I ended up switching our booking for a deluxe family ocean view (I think that is what it was called, not positive) to a verandah (7A) for the same price. But its a guarantee. So now I am just waiting for our room assignment, which we will probably get in a month or so, I guess. I haven't done a guarantee cabin before. I have always wanted to, because its a gamble and exciting, but now I am nervous. LOL. So it seems like there is not much traffic here.

Welcome LisaMarie! I concur. Not much traffic. This is our first cruise so I'm really excited. I'm surprised more people aren't communicating on here but maybe it happens when it gets closer to the sail date. Right now I'm avidly researching shore excursions for our trip. Does anyone on here have advice? I'm wondering if it's better to reserve something direct with the cruise operators vs going through Disney. We want to do the Sea Trek Helmet Dive in St. Maarten. I've found the company that Disney contracts with and will send an email to see how much it would be directly but it looks like we may need 8 people to book a tour on our own and we only have four, so speak up anyone if you're interested!

Hello! My family of four will joining this cruise as well. DH, ME, DS(8), DD(5). This will be our third Disney cruise and our first as a family.
So I feel like I should know what fish extenders are but I have no clue. Can anyone please fill me in?

Thanks!!!!!

Hi Stefanie,

My family is completely new to cruising so I had to do a lot of research on this. Here is a very basic description. A fish extender is basically something that you hang outside of your room on the fish that is there for communication from your steward. It has pockets so that others can put little gifts in the pockets throughout the week. You can make one yourself or you can purchase one on Etsy.By joining the fish extender, you agree to either purchase or make little trinkets to give out to the other members. It's supposed to be great fun for the kids. You can give one gift to each member of the family or just give a gift to each of the kids and one for the cabin. There is no requirement on amount to spend. for more information, I would highly recommend that you researched some yourself. There are many other boards on this site with more information. I also googled it and found more info. There are lots of great ideas on Pinterest and Etsy.

Hey all! My family will be setting sail on our first Disney cruise in May; we're on deck 7. I'd love to be a part of the FE exchange if possible!

Courtney(me), 29::MinnieMo Vinny, 34 ::MickeyMo Gianna, 2 ::MinnieMo

Hi everyone,

Well, after the third time switching dates b/c of work issues, I think we have finally found a winner :sail:It will be my family's 2nd Disney cruise, and 1st time aboard the Fantasy. At cruise time, it is going to be me (33), DH (32), DD (3) and DS (11 months). We would love to participate in the FE. We don't have a room assignment yet, as we did GTY, but I will add it as soon as we get it.

Thanks and I look forward to meeting you all on Mickey's boat :teeth:

Is someone putting together a FE list? I think I read above that Joni was doing it and I want to make sure I don't miss out :)

Hi Ctroisi, Joni hasn't posted anything since January 23. I sent her a message on her page too but haven't heard back. I'm not sure if she still doing it. I guess we'll give her another couple of weeks. I've never been on a Disney cruise or participated in an FE but I think someone just needs to gather all the information and then get it back out to everyone. If no one with more experience steps up to do it, I'll do it.

Disney Dreamer, That sounds like a plan. Is there anyone on here who has some experience with planning a FE? It doesn't seem like the board is very busy??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter