• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 19, 2013 Dream of the Bahamas

We are sailing on the Dream YAY!! Just paid our deposit. This will be our second time on the Dream we did a B2B a year ago and LOVED her :thumbsup2

We are from Central Virginia

Me (Barb
John DH
Jen DD (25yrs)
Amandalyn DD (23yrs)
Jeremy (Amandalyn's boyfriend)

My sweet "Big Jen" is a "special" gal and LOVES DCL. This will be our 13 DCL cruise and can not wait!

We are spending 3 days @ WDW prior to the cruise

We are hoping for a little extra Pixie Dust to make the this time waiting for our cruise sail by!

barbarasc: Delighted you joined this cruise with your family.

Check my post above and hope you, along with others who post here, will consider joining my Facebook page for this cruise as well.

I began the page as another place to share the excitement and get to know one another before the cruise.

barbarasc: Delighted you joined this cruise with your family.

Check my post above and hope you, along with others who post here, will consider joining my Facebook page for this cruise as well.

I began the page as another place to share the excitement and get to know one another before the cruise.

I just requested to join your FB page :banana:

Hello everyone! This will be our 5th Disney Cruise and 2nd time on the Dream. We are a family of 4. There's me (April-38 yo), DH (Shawn 42yo), DD (Alyssa aka Squirt-12 yo), DD (Ansley aka Squeak 9 yo). We are blessed to have my Aunt (Mary Ann, 60 something) and Uncle (Harold, 60 something) accompany us in an adjoining room. We definitely want to be part of the fish extender :goodvibes
A little about us: I am a HUGE Alabama fan, Roll Tide #1 :cool1: I was born and raised in Alabama in the country. My husband was born in California and lived in various places like Syracuse, NY, St Charles, Missouri, and Middletown Pennsylvania. He lived in Tuscaloosa for a little while, therefore he hates everything Alabama Roll Tide :confused3 He is a huge Auburn fan and so are my Uncle and daughters :sad:
I am looking forward to this cruise and can't wait until the cruise :hyper: It's going to be a blast, Disney has NEVER disappointed. We are Disney Vacation Club members and if anyone has any questions about that, let me know. I encourage it for anyone and everyone! We should have done it YEARS before we did!
Also, I just requested to join the facebook page and I will pass the info along to my Aunt and Uncle :)

Hi! First Time cruiser - we are frequent WDW travelers, taking my 2 girls to try a 4 night cruise to see if the whole family will enjoy! We will be sailing after a 5 night trip to WDW! We are from Texas. Love to be added to the FE list! Is there a facebook group for this cruise group? Looking forward to chatting w/everyone!

Lara (me!)
Mallory - 11 years
Madeline- 9 years

We will be on the May 19th Disney Dream Cruise too!

My husband (Drew) and I (Amanda) will be celebrating our 11th Wedding Anniversary, and we are FIRST TIME DCL cruisers!

We are big pin-traders and go to WDW about 3-4 times per year as we only live about 3 hours away. We LOVE every second we are at Disney World, and can't wait to try the cruise experience.

Neat fact - Drew has a special connection to Magic Kingdom, as it was opened the same year as his birth, and he has been there every year of his life so far. I love all things Disney and often can be found playing my Disney music CDs in the car between trips!

So happy to meet you all - and look forward to our time on board with all our fellow "Disney Friends".

Counting the days!

pixiedust:

I am compiling a list for the fish extenders if that is ok with everyone. I am missing some information on some people but no worries...we have plenty of time :) This is who I have so far:
babycrnp
bcdavi
disneymomma2
DJuilet8338
DolphinKate
mlfont
Tracykim
suzannek
UConnFan
Please let me know if you are interested in participating in the fish extender and I did not include you on the list. We have a facebook page and I can update there also but I will always check both places to make sure I didn't miss anyone :)

I have made the form into columns - I have it in a word document so I will eventually have to put it in another form so I can attach it or put it on bucket list maybe? Anyone with ideas on how to get it on here would be appreciated! I am a good organizer but not so good with computers :confused: haha.
I have inlcuded:
Disboard name
stateroom(s) number
#of adults in stateroom
adult names
# of kids in stateroom
kids names, ages, and sex of child
allergies/conditions
celebrations
1st disney cruise is also noted

for example, my entry looks like this:
babycrnp 7136 2 April, Shawn 2 Alyssa (12F), Ansley (9F)
But is it nicely in columns and easy to read, promise! :goodvibes

In the past, there have not been many rules and it has worked well.
Some people do a family stateroom gift, others a gift per person, and others just for the kids. I think we should leave it up to you what you want to do, but at least one gift per stateroom.
There are usually no delivery dates/times either as long as you give everyone enough time to get their fish extenders up and probably by the afternoon before disembarkment so people will have enough time to pack it up :). Otherwise, deliver your gift(s) whenever is convenient for you :thumbsup2
There is usually a cut off about a month before the cruise so everyone has time to get their fish extender gifts. We can decide that later too.
How does that sound to everyone so far?
Any suggestions are appreciated since this is the first time I am the organizer. :blush:

If you are not sure what a fish extender is or whether you want to be a part of it, just type in the search field of the disboard "fish extrender" and there are several discussions going on with great ideas!
Here are just a couple of links that may help explain:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1980639
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2637270

Looking forward to a great trip!

Don't forget me, there was two Brians at one point and the original creator of this thread was the other. He had to change, but I and my family are still around.

I am compiling a list for the fish extenders if that is ok with everyone. I am missing some information on some people but no worries...we have plenty of time :) This is who I have so far:
babycrnp
bcdavi
disneymomma2
DJuilet8338
DolphinKate
mlfont
Tracykim
suzannek
UConnFan
Please let me know if you are interested in participating in the fish extender and I did not include you on the list. We have a facebook page and I can update there also but I will always check both places to make sure I didn't miss anyone :)

I have made the form into columns - I have it in a word document so I will eventually have to put it in another form so I can attach it or put it on bucket list maybe? Anyone with ideas on how to get it on here would be appreciated! I am a good organizer but not so good with computers :confused: haha.
I have inlcuded:
Disboard name
stateroom(s) number
#of adults in stateroom
adult names
# of kids in stateroom
kids names, ages, and sex of child
allergies/conditions
celebrations
1st disney cruise is also noted

for example, my entry looks like this:
babycrnp 7136 2 April, Shawn 2 Alyssa (12F), Ansley (9F)
But is it nicely in columns and easy to read, promise! :goodvibes

In the past, there have not been many rules and it has worked well.
Some people do a family stateroom gift, others a gift per person, and others just for the kids. I think we should leave it up to you what you want to do, but at least one gift per stateroom.
There are usually no delivery dates/times either as long as you give everyone enough time to get their fish extenders up and probably by the afternoon before disembarkment so people will have enough time to pack it up :). Otherwise, deliver your gift(s) whenever is convenient for you :thumbsup2
There is usually a cut off about a month before the cruise so everyone has time to get their fish extender gifts. We can decide that later too.
How does that sound to everyone so far?
Any suggestions are appreciated since this is the first time I am the organizer. :blush:

If you are not sure what a fish extender is or whether you want to be a part of it, just type in the search field of the disboard "fish extrender" and there are several discussions going on with great ideas!
Here are just a couple of links that may help explain:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1980639
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2637270

Looking forward to a great trip!

In 2 days (Friday) we will be 100 days out from the cruise! Woo Hoo! Almost down to double digits!

:woohoo:

We'll also be cruising on 5/19! Here is our cast of characters:

Scott
Mary
Caitlin (favorite niece)
Brigid (other favorite niece)

We all went on a 3 day cruise on the Dream last year and thought that we needed another day at sea for our next trip.

Please add us to the fun!!! me, Tricia (40), sister, Tammy (43), nephew, Taylor (19), his girlfriend, Christina (18), and her mom, Melinda (43?)...first cruise EVER! so ready to go....we just got back from an IMPROMPTU trip to WDW just last week, and need MAY to hurry up so I can get another DISNEY FIX!!!!

Sounds like we've got a great group going here!

babycrnp: April - thank you for compiling the FE list! We just finished our first Disney Cruise and twokats was our FE organizer. She compiled the names and data onto google docs. You might look twokats up in the Galveston Feb 1st Disney Magic FE exchange group and ask her for the details. It was fab and looked like an excel spreadsheet. The best part was that she could PM everyone with the link (view only) and they could print out to take.
Also out of curiosity - are you a pediatric Nurse Practitioner? My husband is an NP as well, jut curious from your username. (I'm a Physical Therapist)

Snowing today in Nixa, Mo! Longing for some beach time!

ºOº Brenda.

My two daughters Morgan (just turned 14) and Lauren (will be 9) are getting nervous about making friends aboard. Anybody else with kids these ages having the same problems? Thankfully my boys ( will be 11 and 3) are oblivious and are still at the point that if they see a boy within three years of their own age it is an automatic invitation to play! It could just be a gender thing, or because none of them have cruised before. Both of my girls are sweet and outgoing, so I don't think it will truly be a problem once we are on board. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated! :thumbsup2

Hi,
This is my second cruise on DCL. Love it!!! I'm so excited! I am doing this trip as a girls trip without my husband. Just my daughter and her best friend and mom. This is their 1st cruise! I went on the Magic last April and participated in the FE s. We did a meet and greet the first night and met lots of friends and had fun with our FE s.

Our info for the FE s:

2 adult women:)pixiedust:

2 children both female age 9 Anderson :cheer2:hand Indy:cheer2:

I do not remember the cabin number but I will link the post to add it.

Can't wait to meet everyone:)princess::cool2::angel::flower3::lmao::

Hi,
We're a gay couple Anthony and Nicholas from Philly, PA. We have never taken a cruise before and from what we've read, Disney does it right! We're both kids at heart and are very excited about the splendor and magic of the boat * Disney. It's just the two of us this time, but I anticipate we'll be back with neices and nephews (and grand neices and nephews) very shortly.

Looking at the FE idea, but it seems so overwheming right now. So I'll check back later to let folks know if we'll take part.

Nice to "meet" everyone who posted before us. Hoping we can make some friends and get some first time cruise tips from those in the know.

Ant

Will you post an "official" FE list for our May 19 participants? and When can we expect it?? Not sure how that works. This is our first time doing the cruise!

Sounds like we've got a great group going here!

babycrnp: April - thank you for compiling the FE list! We just finished our first Disney Cruise and twokats was our FE organizer. She compiled the names and data onto google docs. You might look twokats up in the Galveston Feb 1st Disney Magic FE exchange group and ask her for the details. It was fab and looked like an excel spreadsheet. The best part was that she could PM everyone with the link (view only) and they could print out to take.
Also out of curiosity - are you a pediatric Nurse Practitioner? My husband is an NP as well, jut curious from your username. (I'm a Physical Therapist)

Snowing today in Nixa, Mo! Longing for some beach time!

ºOº Brenda.

Hi! Yes I will work on that and may contact them! I have it on the facebook link but I know not everyone has facebook. I may have to PM the info. I plan to update the facebook doc tonight as well. I am a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner so I take care of sick babies in the hospital. Does you rhusband work in the hospital setting? My husband is the team leader for the ENT team at UAB so we are both medical eople as well! Hope to talk to you soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter