May 18, 2013 MAGIC EBTA - Who is with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah hang on a second!

People disappeared before dessert?! What is wrong with these people?? Can I have their dessert if they don't want it?!! :P

Haha - we were gaining an extra hour every day on the westbound, and apparently they didn't do the magic sleeping formula to adjust to each new timezone each day. Could not stay away so late. Yes, yes, it was still dinner at the same time at 8:30 each night, but a timezone change each day for several days in a row. Made dinner quieter by the end of the cruise!

Welcome to all the new people!!!

About jetlag and loosing hours.
My tip as an experienced traveler and traveling constantly with a minimum of 6 hour time difference, i would recommend this:
** Try to go to bed around the same time every night and try to wake up every day around the same time (for example bed 11pm and wake up 7 am) that way you keep a routine.
** Eat normal food every day as you do at home, do eat breakfast, linch, dinner as you would do at home and een when you're not hungry still eat.
** in my opinion this is the most important one:
Don't think all the time ohw now it is this and this time at home.... You're not at home you are on the ship amd there it is this time.
Stop calculating the time and try not to think about time changes. The longer you keep on thinking about it the more jetlagged you get.

I haven't had a jetlag once also bot on the EBtA in 2010...

Thanks for the advice! Hoping my two little ones do it as well - bedtimes for a 2 year old are fun :rotfl2: They did do well when we flew to Barcelona as we flew through the night and forced ourselves to stay awake that first day as much as we could to adjust to new timezone. Our plan is to adjust to each new timezone or our second cruise will be toast if we are not prepared for those ports and early mornings.

I saw that on CruiseCritic - I believe a Princess cruise was quite a few hours late leaving Galveston? I looked at the webcam and couldn't see anything! Thought my laptop wasn't loading the screen properly :)

Several cruises were impacted, including DCL Magic on Saturday. Got into port in mid afternoon and guests were advised to not arrive at port until 6 hours past checkin time from the message on DCL's website I read. It was eery looking seeing it on the port webcams!

How was renting with enterprise? Do they have a shuttle to the port? We also are pulling our DD out of kindergarten and she's missing last 8 days of school! This is our 4th cruise and we've always gone with family, this will be the first time we are cruising on our own. How do you link up for dining? We definitely want to do this! My DD is a little shy and meeting kids her own age right away would be great for her!

I haven't rented with them yet -- for the upcoming cruise is booked. Luckily for our cruise in November my parents drove to port, so they met DD and I at the Houston airport. They do have a shuttle to port from what I have read, but other passengers have suggested dropping family and luggage off, then one person returning the car while family waits at terminal.

Yay for another kindergartener!! :)

Hey, since Valbob has been missing so long, my guess is they'll be pretty lost when they get back. Maybe we should compile stuff that they could add to the first post so that they don't have to go searching all over for it. Perhaps even just a note for them about which post has info.

I know that when I didn't check this thread for a long time I was totally lost and it would be nice to have a starting point. I also know that being in charge of a meet thread can be daunting when one has been gone. So if we can make it easier for them to catch up, I think that'd be great.

Anyone have ideas of what should be linked on page one? I was thinking a link to FE info, linked dining info, a list of roll call. Anything else?

Or maybe this has all been talked about and I missed it when trying to catch up :rotfl:. If that's they case, just ignore me :laughing:

We debated early dining, but after talking to several people we decided to give late dining a chance. On our other 3 cruises we did early, so we have to see how this late one goes. It would be great to have our DDs meet. My dd does better in the kids club if she can meet friends beforehand and have someone to go in with! It's great to hear that there are so many her age on the boat! I was a little nervous that there wouldn't be!

We did early dining on the Magic in November, but sometimes had to rush after nap time. Looking forward to late again.

I sent a PM to valbob (they started this thread) to see if she could update the first post. I think they haven't been on in awhile and don't know how much more information has been provided. But I was hoping they could update the first post with roll call, FE information, the info on linking dining, that kind of stuff. I didn't check in here for a while and boy did I get lost trying to catch up :rotfl:

With any luck they'll get an email letting them know that I sent a PM and be able to check back in. It looks as if she hasn't been here since late December. I hope all is well with them. :goodvibes

(An aside here, I started a meet thread recently having never done it before. Then I didn't check in for three weeks :headache:. I had no idea there was so much I needed to add to the first post.)

Thanks! Yes - any info that can be added to the first page would save GoofyNewfie from doing website updates or the threadstarter from adding all info at all times. Maybe if even set up where all info was on page one so each coordinator can update their own info without having to bother someone to do it... might be helpful. We did that on WBTA and each even coordinator had a place holder on page one, so as lists were updated (FE, linked dining, etc) then we updated our own post at any time, and page one was updated immediately. Then, at any time rollcall members could see all updated info on page one and not clicking on various pages of a website or throughout a thread.

This might give a visual as an example:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2781817

Thanks! Yes - any info that can be added to the first page would save GoofyNewfie from doing website updates or the threadstarter from adding all info at all times. Maybe if even set up where all info was on page one so each coordinator can update their own info without having to bother someone to do it... might be helpful. We did that on WBTA and each even coordinator had a place holder on page one, so as lists were updated (FE, linked dining, etc) then we updated our own post at any time, and page one was updated immediately. Then, at any time rollcall members could see all updated info on page one and not clicking on various pages of a website or throughout a thread.

Oh, wow! That looks great!

I would like to take a moment to say that i hope everything is alright with Valbob. I just realized that they may not be checking in because of life being too busy, etc. :hug:

:goodvibes

Oh, wow! That looks great!

I would like to take a moment to say that i hope everything is alright with Valbob. I just realized that they may not be checking in because of life being too busy, etc. :hug:

:goodvibes

Hope so! Maybe they are living it up on another cruise right now :beach: - we had sleet here this morning. Brrr!

That's amazing Mandy. So each organizer of an activity had their own post that could be updated at the beginning of the thread. Something like that is much needed for our group.

MandyGirl said:
Hope so! Maybe they are living it up on another cruise right now :beach: - we had sleet here this morning. Brrr!

We have snow here at the moment - the littlest bit of snow in this country means the entire country shuts down! We can't cope :)

MandyGirl said:
Haha - we were gaining an extra hour every day on the westbound, and apparently they didn't do the magic sleeping formula to adjust to each new timezone each day. Could not stay away so late. Yes, yes, it was still dinner at the same time at 8:30 each night, but a timezone change each day for several days in a row. Made dinner quieter by the end of the cruise!

I hope they aren't there at the midnight chocoholics buffet :)

We debated early dining, but after talking to several people we decided to give late dining a chance. On our other 3 cruises we did early, so we have to see how this late one goes. It would be great to have our DDs meet. My dd does better in the kids club if she can meet friends beforehand and have someone to go in with! It's great to hear that there are so many her age on the boat! I was a little nervous that there wouldn't be!

Our daughter is pretty outgoing, so she doensn't have a problem meeting people, especially kids.

We were on the Fantasy in September, and she loved their club. I felt bad a couple of times when I needed to go get her and get her put to bed around 10PM - she didn't want to leave!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter