May 18, 2013 MAGIC EBTA - Who is with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are! We're doing Disney Air, so I have no idea of our flights, but my TA said that they'd be putting us up in the Marriott. Oops, I just realized that I don't know what airport we're flying into. So maybe we aren't :rotfl:

Disney uses IAH Marriott, I'm sure that's where you will be.

We don't get in until 9:59pm. I chose a later flight so the girls will miss one less day of school. The 17th is my daughter's birthday and she wanted to bring a treat in to share with her class since it is also her last day of school.

I told DH the same thing! He's agreed to it.

Sweet!! :)

We're also hopeful that there will be a sleepover in the club/lab that they can go to. They haven't had one IRL yet, so this would be a trail run.

They had one for ages 5-10. Our newly-turned 5-year-old did it and loved it! Had never done a sleepover IRL before.
Note of warning: Each child received a bright orange bag to place their belongings in. Our's had her dress shoes from dinner and Keens from the day. Someone walked out with her bag, and we didnt pack 18 pairs of shoes for her! It took many trips to GS and manager of kids club to coerce them to send out a text to those who attended to ask them to please check their bag that it was indeed their's. Finally got her shoes back. :thumbsup2 But it was a pain in the rear. They sent out a text to tell us to collect our kids, but would not send one out 20 min later to please check bags when we noticed our's had been taken. We will have some sort of something to clip onto her bag this time to make sure it stands out. The staff checked each child out of the kids club that morning, but did not check that all the identical bags were who they belonged to (and they were preprinted with child's name). We couldn't take her to eat at a restaurant with no shoes.

Have to elaborate... It was awesome. Meeting folks that by the end of the cruise you know will become lifelong friends, you plan future cruises with, meet up at Disney with... It was an awesome group.

Just link first, ask hubby forgiveness later ;) No, seriously, we all got along great, spent time together throughout the cruise outside of dinner. Never met prior to the cruise. They got used to my Texan drawl and I started getting acclimated to some Scottish and Canadian accents :hug:

:cloud9:

I'm sure my accent wasn't the problem :rotfl2:

Have you seen Brave yet, if you have I'm sure you will relate to the big guy, if not watch it, he is so brian :lmao:

Have you seen Brave yet, if you have I'm sure you will relate to the big guy, if not watch it, he is so brian :lmao:

:rotfl: Gotta love Brian!! I pay extra close attention listening to him speak!! And catch it about half the time. :)

Disney uses IAH Marriott, I'm sure that's where you will be.

We don't get in until 9:59pm. I chose a later flight so the girls will miss one less day of school. The 17th is my daughter's birthday and she wanted to bring a treat in to share with her class since it is also her last day of school.
What a great way to start a birthday celebration! Kicking off the cruise with a bang.

Thanks for the info on where we're flying into. You'd think I'd know these things.

Sweet!! :)

They had one for ages 5-10. Our newly-turned 5-year-old did it and loved it! Had never done a sleepover IRL before.
Note of warning: Each child received a bright orange bag to place their belongings in. Our's had her dress shoes from dinner and Keens from the day. Someone walked out with her bag, and we didnt pack 18 pairs of shoes for her! It took many trips to GS and manager of kids club to coerce them to send out a text to those who attended to ask them to please check their bag that it was indeed their's. Finally got her shoes back. :thumbsup2 But it was a pain in the rear. They sent out a text to tell us to collect our kids, but would not send one out 20 min later to please check bags when we noticed our's had been taken. We will have some sort of something to clip onto her bag this time to make sure it stands out. The staff checked each child out of the kids club that morning, but did not check that all the identical bags were who they belonged to (and they were preprinted with child's name). We couldn't take her to eat at a restaurant with no shoes.
What a pain! Glad it was finally worked out! I will be sure to check our bags.

We haven't seen it yet and we're hoping it's still showing on the Magic!

I used to work with a Scotsman. Loved listening to him talk. :goodvibes

We haven't seen it yet and we're hoping it's still showing on the Magic!

I used to work with a Scotsman. Loved listening to him talk. :goodvibes

I loved it, I actually laughed out loud in the cinema, some comedies don't even manage that.

Even I don't understand my husband sometimes and we have been together 12 years:confused:

Transfers from Hobby--wish they would get their stories straight. Thru TA, we were told they would have transfers...then later told they would not, and now the thread says they will. . .

Amen. Hate to say it, but I'm glad I wasn't the only one who got misinformation. Sounds like several here received various stories as well.

No you are not the only one. The Pre-arrival guide emailed to me yesterday still stated that transfers were only available from IAH. It looks like they still are sending out incorrect information.
Note to self for comment card:
  • "We would have taken the DCL transfer from HOU to the Port if DCL ever got its stories straight about availability."
Woody

these are the people who expressed they would like to sign up for linked dining on previous posts, if I posted incorrectly please let me know:thumbsup2

Linked dining

LATE DINING

binkytell. Sarah, dh, dd11, dd2
mandygirl Mandy, dh, DMil, dd6, dd3
tubbersteruk. Paul, DW, dd4
kyrasmommy. DW, dh, dd10, ds5
heatherb819 heather, dh, dd10
nitrame 3a, dd9, dd6
hmhaaseDW, dh, dd6
saracat Sara, dh
kaseyc kaseyc, dd12, dd10
kirbo kirbo, dh, dd9, dd9

MAIN DINING

viking53 chuck, DW, dd5

Thanks for keeping this list up to date.

We've decided to go ahead and keep the early dining option. It's just going to work out better for us I believe.

It looks lonely for us to be the only ones on this list for the early dining option. Hopefully, somebody will join us! :)

Welcome to all the new people!!!

About jetlag and loosing hours.
My tip as an experienced traveler and traveling constantly with a minimum of 6 hour time difference, i would recommend this:
** Try to go to bed around the same time every night and try to wake up every day around the same time (for example bed 11pm and wake up 7 am) that way you keep a routine.
** Eat normal food every day as you do at home, do eat breakfast, linch, dinner as you would do at home and een when you're not hungry still eat.
** in my opinion this is the most important one:
Don't think all the time ohw now it is this and this time at home.... You're not at home you are on the ship amd there it is this time.
Stop calculating the time and try not to think about time changes. The longer you keep on thinking about it the more jetlagged you get.

I haven't had a jetlag once also bot on the EBtA in 2010...

these are the people who expressed they would like to sign up for linked dining on previous posts, if I posted incorrectly please let me know:thumbsup2

Linked dining

LATE DINING

binkytell. Sarah, dh, dd11, dd2
mandygirl Mandy, dh, DMil, dd6, dd3
tubbersteruk. Paul, DW, dd4
kyrasmommy. DW, dh, dd10, ds5
heatherb819 heather, dh, dd10
nitrame 3a, dd9, dd6
hmhaaseDW, dh, dd6
saracat Sara, dh
kaseyc kaseyc, dd12, dd10
kirbo kirbo, dh, dd9, dd9

MAIN DINING

viking53 chuck, DW, dd5
This is post 2117. Thank you for keeping it up to date!

kaseyC said:
I would be ticked. Coffee and dessert are my favorite part of dinner! :lmao:

Woah hang on a second!

People disappeared before dessert?! What is wrong with these people?? Can I have their dessert if they don't want it?!! :P

MandyGirl said:
Have fun!! This will be the first 8-night itinerary, right? Key West, PC and CC? I booked some friends on that itinerary for late April, so have been keeping an eye out for any pointers to tell them.

Hopefully no fog for you guys - this past weekend was craziness!

I saw that on CruiseCritic - I believe a Princess cruise was quite a few hours late leaving Galveston? I looked at the webcam and couldn't see anything! Thought my laptop wasn't loading the screen properly :)

binkytell said:
I loved it, I actually laughed out loud in the cinema, some comedies don't even manage that.

Even I don't understand my husband sometimes and we have been together 12 years:confused:

Which part of Scotland are you and your DH from? My mom is from Dunfermline, Fife so I am not too bad with the accents considering I'm half Scottish :)

MandyGirl said:
Welcome aboard!!

DCL has given conflicting info over the months via phone and email. sigh. I resorted to renting a one-way car with Enterprise after landing at Hobby a few months back. We flew into Hobby in November for our DCL Magic cruise then; love the smaller airport. :thumbsup2

Our daughter is also 6 when cruising! We're taking her out of the last 9 days of kindergarten for the year.

How was renting with enterprise? Do they have a shuttle to the port? We also are pulling our DD out of kindergarten and she's missing last 8 days of school! This is our 4th cruise and we've always gone with family, this will be the first time we are cruising on our own. How do you link up for dining? We definitely want to do this! My DD is a little shy and meeting kids her own age right away would be great for her!

ThePedersonFamily said:
Hi there!! I just talked to my travel agent today and DCL will be offering transportation from the Hobby airport! We are driving to Hobby and found a Hampton Inn airport property that offers a park and fly rate as well as a shuttle to/from the airport!! Just and idea!! We also have a DD who is 6 and if you want to link for late supper we would be in!! :)

We definitely would be in for dining! Having our DD meet kids early on is great! She loved the kids club before but only if she knows other kids in there! She's a little shy.

Viking_53 said:
Thanks for keeping this list up to date.

We've decided to go ahead and keep the early dining option. It's just going to work out better for us I believe.

It looks lonely for us to be the only ones on this list for the early dining option. Hopefully, somebody will join us! :)

We debated early dining, but after talking to several people we decided to give late dining a chance. On our other 3 cruises we did early, so we have to see how this late one goes. It would be great to have our DDs meet. My dd does better in the kids club if she can meet friends beforehand and have someone to go in with! It's great to hear that there are so many her age on the boat! I was a little nervous that there wouldn't be!

I sent a PM to valbob (they started this thread) to see if she could update the first post. I think they haven't been on in awhile and don't know how much more information has been provided. But I was hoping they could update the first post with roll call, FE information, the info on linking dining, that kind of stuff. I didn't check in here for a while and boy did I get lost trying to catch up :rotfl:

With any luck they'll get an email letting them know that I sent a PM and be able to check back in. It looks as if she hasn't been here since late December. I hope all is well with them. :goodvibes

(An aside here, I started a meet thread recently having never done it before. Then I didn't check in for three weeks :headache:. I had no idea there was so much I needed to add to the first post.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter