May 10, 2008 New Ship Of Thieves...May 2008 Repo Thread...Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I really do know all of this. That is why it really has been so easy to help my mom and Don's dad when no one else seems to want to......even my DH.

It really is my pleasure to give back to them what they have given so generously over the years when my DH and I were children.

But, it is too bad that my mom has always been like this....(at least after my sister died in 1969 and the 10 years that followed when she was drunk all the time). She just says the meaniest things to my kids and to me. It is so hurtful. She is selfish and unwilling to share.

This morning for example, my newphew (who has lived with us on and off for the last 5 years and who is luckily living in France this year teaching English as I have no room for him) is on Spring Break and visiting the love of his life here in DC. I love Drew with all my heart.....I just love him!! :goodvibes :goodvibes

Anyway, he and Kat (his girlfriend) needed a ride to the airport (Dulles 6 miles away) early this morning. The arrived at 6am and it took me all of 30 minutes to take them come home and stop at Starbucks for some coffee for my mom and Don's dad (and me of course ;) )

For that I got a lecture about how terrible I am to the kids. :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: and now I am getting the silent treatment.

And yesterday I got yelled at for taking care of Frank. Tuesday his older brother is having the same surgery Frank had...he is 10 years older and they have told him he is a High Risk. They is a 50/50 chance he will not make it though the surgery.

I am taking Frank today to visit him..(3 hours away) just for a few hours. If he were to die on Tuesday...I really want Frank to see him as it has been many months with Frank being so sick.

Yesterday, I kept my entire day open yesterday to do stuff for my mom. I wanted to take her to have her hair done......NO WAY she told me.....I am not going anywhere with you.

My brothers have both tried to get her to visit with them....NO WAY (and she is just so mean about it)

Okay here is the funny part....haven't told her about this trip yet. Last year when we were going on the MED she B*TCHED and SCREAMED for months....so I am just waiting to tell her about this one.....My DH says just go....she won't yell at him.......

I need to figure this out soon though......

Wow, how hard for you and your family! I don't suppose you could ever get her to a family counseler? You must have skin of steel. I am impressed.

Hey the CAT 4 is back this morning....

Departure Date Itinerary Stateroom Category Price
05/10/2008 15-Night Westbound Panama Cruise Category 04 : Deluxe Family Stateroom w/ Verandah $ 9,594.58

You know, Maybe they have some CAT 3's open and they are trying to sell them on the WEBSITE ...buy a CAT 4 and get upgraded to a 3??:confused3 :confused3

I would be so happy! I have been on the waitlist for a 3 since the very first morning. I want to purchase the upgrade, but no one will sell it to me.

Where do the bedside table lamps plug in? We don't have a cpap so never had to think about it, but would there be a spare socket there?

Jan :earsgirl:

I can answer this . . .

I pulled the bed out to find out. The table lamps are plugged in with a strange plug wired into the wall - not 110 AC. No spare American Socket there.

The plug I always have to use is the one behind the TV, which is across the room from the bed, thus the need for the extension cord. There is also a plug on the desk.

Something like this???

SkjervenTourist12-26-05.jpg

that is sooooo cute!

Probably could do with a few more 'members' really.

I think Calmom said she did not really have time to be doing it after that but I assumed another Disser would step up and take over. I think we will have a lot of last minute add ons to everything in this cruise.

I think that most of the teams would be doing a "gift" that requires lead time and we required a number early to complete our projects.

Pj

I think that most of the teams would be doing a "gift" that requires lead time and we required a number early to complete our projects.

Pj

That's what I think. New folk can't really come along last minute once we have ordered everything.

but make sure Dominic (sp) knows he will get to see the go karters too. I think he will like it, if he is anything like every other little boy I know.

Steph, if you and Taylor want to come over please do. I was thinking it would be fun for the boys, but Molly would love to have more friends to console her at her dumb old brother's birthday party at the track :lmao:

I use the GPS for EVERYTHING. Even places in town I use it now. I'm just lazy. I'll ask paul the specific address to use.

As for the bounce houses at the house, yes I've done it lots of times and yes that means 20-30 kids at our house :scared1: I'm glad both of my kids are happy having parties not at home anymore, those are exhausting...

I'm sure she'd love to but she's at her dads that weekend. Thanks for the invite though....

Pj

I got the PM too, and I have to say, I'm a little confused what we need to do. It only listed one other disser in the pm and so now what? Do I contact them, how do I know how many gifts to bring? Someone help.....

Okay, I was posting on the other thread!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: What did I miss?? :confused3

Anyways ... glad to see others are here ... at least for a bit longer ...

Are most people dressing up for Mexican Night, Tropical Night, Pirate Night??

Inquiring minds and all that!! ;)

:tinker: Karen

I can answer this . . .

I pulled the bed out to find out. The table lamps are plugged in with a strange plug wired into the wall - not 110 AC. No spare American Socket there.

The plug I always have to use is the one behind the TV, which is across the room from the bed, thus the need for the extension cord. There is also a plug on the desk.

John,

When I had no luggage, I had no charging cords either, so I bought an IGO. we are playing around with it, but I can charge my phone, my ipod, my blackberry and my computer with the same cord.... Might be helpful for some of you.

Kim

Okay, I was posting on the other thread!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: What did I miss?? :confused3

Anyways ... glad to see others are here ... at least for a bit longer ...

Are most people dressing up for Mexican Night, Tropical Night, Pirate Night??

Inquiring minds and all that!! ;)

:tinker: Karen

Oh I think lots are dressing up for all three, though Pirate night is the most popular. Over here in the UK it is hard to get Mexican style clothing and Tropical shirts too, so we may not be too over dressed!!

That's what I think. New folk can't really come along last minute once we have ordered everything.

I think a lot of people though should be able to join up as far as saying they are gifting on a certain day. I have bought gifts that I will give to every room myself but I am on a certain days "team". I think if we keep track that way each day will have gifts spread out over them. The more gifts the better! You could leave a five cent item in my extender and I would be really happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter