May 10, 2008 New Ship Of Thieves...May 2008 Repo Thread...Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
New job opportunity for an investor and workers--STARBUCKS in retirement and assisted living facilities.

Those who are capable can work there. Teens who want to work there can provide some socialization for the seniros. Seniors who want to socialize there can do so. No seniors will have to drive and SOMEONE can rack in the big bucks.

Jan :earsgirl:

For sure, it's a great idea!!!

Our girl scout troop has "adpoted" the assisted living folks in my mom's complex (mom is in independent living now, when needed she just moves to the next level of care) We are going to make Easter Cards with them in March.

young romance....ahhhhhh...glad it's in your house and not mine....I'm so not ready.....

Wilson has(had) an older girl friend (he was in 1st she was in 2nd) and he brought her back a Jamine pin from WDW, as that is his favorite princess (duh, have ya seen her???) and turns out it was his girlfriends too. It was so cute to watch him give it to her.:love:

aahh. So sweet! :love: :lovestruc I remember my boyfriend from first grade. Wesley....we held hands. :love: :cloud9: :lmao: :rotfl2 He was one of the few boys without cooties. : :rotfl:

young romance....ahhhhhh...glad it's in your house and not mine....I'm so not ready.....

Wilson has(had) an older girl friend (he was in 1st she was in 2nd) and he brought her back a Jamine pin from WDW, as that is his favorite princess (duh, have ya seen her???) and turns out it was his girlfriends too. It was so cute to watch him give it to her.:love:

I am sooo not ready for this! My daughter is nine and in third grade now. All the boys who have had crushes on her are older as in 12 year olds and 5th and 6th grade. That is so not going to happen!!!!:eek:

When I was taking care of my mom before she died (Alzheimer's Disease...the absolutely worst thing to have to watch in a parent!) it was so exhausting at times, both emotionally and physically, that I just wanted to give up. I kept reminding myself that I was investing in my own future. My kids were watching me care for her and learning how to have respect and love for a parent who had long since ceased being "respectable" and "lovable." Hopefully the lesson was learned well and will pay dividends when I'm old!

I love how you've said this. I hope I can be a good example for my children too with my mom's care. She has dementia, perhaps Alzheimer's but not offically diagnosed. Either way, for me it's about caring for her not the name of the disease. I also hope that I'm being good to my mom as she was so good to me as a mother to child. I can never repay that, except my trying to parent well and by being gentle and kind to her as she ages.:hug:

:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl: Yes, love the way small town folks take care of each other!!

And I agree that there should be some mechanism to determine the safety of elder drivers. I deal with this alot at work. Our docs will send reports to the DMV if they believe a person is not safe to drive, then the driver has to either take a test and pass or get a release from an MD to get it back, depending on the reason for the report. (seizures you can get a release from MD that you have been seizure free for a certain period of time.) Folks get really mad at the docs when these are sent in. I deal with the anger. :sad2: :scared:

That must be so hard to deal with. When I took my dad for his test after the stroke there was another man there - about 10 years older than dad I would guess who also had a stroke. In the hospital both were told in PA it is standard that you have to re-test after a stroke but no one had told this other man he was going to lose his CD license permanently - it was very sad to see this man break down at the thought of never being able to drive trucks again.

JLSE50 said:
Or a walkie talkie set? That could be in a gift basket. I wonder if the CMs at DCL know if they work on board.

Jan

:confused3 Is this an inside joke I should be aware of? or a brand name?

Jan :earsgirl:

I thought you had read about my great niece Sophia. I'll find the story...

ok, the short story. When Jeremy (her Daddy) was little he got some walkie talkies for a present. He opened them and said "WATTIE TATTIES" and we said "WATTIE TATTIES" and he said "they aren't wattie tatties, they are wattie tatties" He knew we said it wrong, but he could not say it correctly. For his whole life his aunties have teased him about the WATTIE TATTIES.

Sophia's nickname is WATTIE TATTIE and I'm her crazy auntie. :lmao:

can't happen that we know. If you find a way please share with us. A few of us that won't be named (john & nan) have less than creative DIS names and would be up for a change.:lmao: :lmao:

I would love to change my username. I have done it on other forums, but here you have to rejoin and lose everything!!!

aahh. So sweet! :love: :lovestruc I remember my boyfriend from first grade. Wesley....we held hands. :love: :cloud9: :lmao: :rotfl2 He was one of the few boys without cooties. : :rotfl:

Shh.....what are cooties?:blush:

OMG :rotfl2: If she by chance misses some I can be called for back up. I am really good at leaving no trace of the offending desserts behind at all. :thumbsup2

Shall we dress in black and work like ninjas? or just pretend to be out strolling around the ship, when actually stalking innocents that are being forced to accept unwanted desserts????:lmao:

I thought you had read about my great niece Sophia. I'll find the story...

ok, the short story. When Jeremy (her Daddy) was little he got some walkie talkies for a present. He opened them and said "WATTIE TATTIES" and we said "WATTIE TATTIES" and he said "they aren't wattie tatties, they are wattie tatties" He knew we said it wrong, but he could not say it correctly. For his whole life his aunties have teased him about the WATTIE TATTIES.

Sophia's nickname is WATTIE TATTIE and I'm her crazy auntie. :lmao:

I had forgotten. Thanks for replaying a good story.

I was wondering how you got one already, we are interested in this for getting around town without taking the big car.

Tony is doing the marketing for the Smart Car here in the US. Adrienne and Tony were #1 on the list to get the car the day they were released. Adrienne got hers last month. If you want to see a Smart Car just go see hers over at The Charming Shoppe in Orange (just 5 minutes from Disneyland).

But.....take some money! I love her store and always spend money when I go visit (which is every trip to California!)

You are so right and I was so out of line. Again, Sorry. Forgive me all?

Jan

Jan,

There is no need for forgiveness. :hug: What you said is perfectly true, and like Mrs. Mork said, sometimes we need to be reminded of it. In a situation like that you get so overwhelmed that if you don't let it out you can get lost. And because of the situation you tend to lose sight of all that you said. Thank you so much for reminding me of the truth. Part of my problem is that I have such guilt feelings for getting frustrated with her and forgetting the things you said. I wish you had all been around when I was going through it to help be my conscience. :grouphug: :hug:

Carol

Oh heck Dixon is a very short drive away. We go there all the time as (ok should not admit to this) they have a drive through Baskin Robbins! The one two minutes from my house is not drive through so sometime we drive to Dixon and get ice cream and come home. Makes a nice little outing! :rotfl: Did I mention I am nuts? Kids love me anyways.

so if you aren't busy next Sunday 2/24 come on over to the track. Do you know where the moto-cross track is? I think it's at Cook's road and 113??? I worked at B&R when I was 16 I understand that need to go, and yes I get the drive thru thing too.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: but did you have an idea for a bounce house rental place in the area???

Shall we dress in black and work like ninjas? or just pretend to be out strolling around the ship, when actually stalking innocents that are being forced to accept unwanted desserts????:lmao:

My cover is to appear to be a typical tourist! Did you read (several hundred posts back) that you can strollinto Palo and eat dessert at the bar with no ressie? I think I may be doing that hmm say every other day! Sounds good to me!

Nan-
See if astro jump in concord will go to dixon. I've used them before many times. They are very reliable.

S

And over on the DL threads there are really, really good tips from Hydroguy. Just near the top of the threads. I have used his fastpass stradegy in July, bad crowds and we rode everything we wanted, several times with no waits. :thumbsup2

If you go over to mouseplanet.com you can check out the weekly updates (which Adrienne is quite involved in) and see what is happening at the park.

Also, Tony and Adrienne are experts for DL, so if you need info, check out their boards, they will answer any questions you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter