Married at First Sight

I have to agree that Ashley is using this situation as her convenient out. She clearly isn't in the marriage for the long term. And I do find it extremely weird that none of her friends were at the bbq. Wasn't the point of the bbq to meet the friends? She's either terrible at making and sustaining friendships or she doesn't want the friends anywhere near David in case they talk about her lack of commitment.

Nice to see Sam wasn't nearly as strange this episode.

I am obsessed with Vanessa and Tres. She is ADORABLE and they are totally falling in love even if they won't yet admit it to themselves or each other. The producers are having a hard time finding enough drama about them to air. I am hoping they use the "L" word in the "Decision" episode!!! (And I feel like an idiot for being so invested in this)

Sam and Neil seem pretty committed to the process and are comfortable taking it slow, which I think makes sense in this situation. Remember, his grandparents had an arranged marriage, so his perspective is probably to understand what it means, and to have a different approach to marriage then we do in the 21st century/the west.

I am having a hard time even watching Ashley and David. I find myself feeling so irritated. Her reactions are so weird, and I agree she seems to be using the Facebook incident as a justification for her to end the relationship with David -- she can blame it on him and believe she is "innocent."

I am not on David or Ashley's side. They just don't seem to be a good fit or match at all and the relationship will just need to die at the end of the show.

In defense of Sam's coo-coo behavior, it must be a highly stressful situation. Being married to a stranger and then thrown into that marriage on TV for the world to see. I am sure I'd come off as a nut case too. I think they are finally clicking and she's settled a bit. But I still don't think she'll stay married to him. I'm just not seeing any chemistry, even with him for her. They just seem like friends.

I am not on David or Ashley's side. They just don't seem to be a good fit or match at all and the relationship will just need to die at the end of the show.

Agreed! The **Experts** need to give this relationship a really fast funeral.

In defense of Sam's coo-coo behavior, it must be a highly stressful situation. Being married to a stranger and then thrown into that marriage on TV for the world to see. I am sure I'd come off as a nut case too. I think they are finally clicking and she's settled a bit. But I still don't think she'll stay married to him. I'm just not seeing any chemistry, even with him for her. They just seem like friends.

I agree, no chemistry. If you even remotely liked your husband you would have kissed him in 5 weeks...unless maybe there is something physical going on off camera?

I agree, no chemistry. If you even remotely liked your husband you would have kissed him in 5 weeks...unless maybe there is something physical going on off camera?
I wonder if something is going on off camera. Maybe they both don't want to have that side shown on TV. Maybe that's why the need to suddenly get their own house. Could be.

Seems like Sam is feeling more for Neil but not so sure Neil is feeling the same. Could just be to trick us for next week's decision night.

My bets are: Vanessa and Tres stay married as do Sam and Neil but Ashley and David do not. Then I think maybe Sam and Neil break up after the show (so we will find out on a reunion show).

Seems like Sam is feeling more for Neil but not so sure Neil is feeling the same. Could just be to trick us for next week's decision night.

My bets are: Vanessa and Tres stay married as do Sam and Neil but Ashley and David do not. Then I think maybe Sam and Neil break up after the show (so we will find out on a reunion show).

I think you are right. I can't fathom a world where David and Ashley stay together. She's getting that check and running! Tres and Vanessa definitely are giving it their best effort and they do seem fundamentally happy. Sam and Neil will want to keep trying since they haven't made much progress, but eventually something will probably give -- unless he decides to just pull the plug on her crazy.

Maria :upsidedow

I don't think so. His twitter account is fairly upbeat. Hers? Not so much. Pretty negative stuff, or at best, ambiguous. And, her parents social media stuff? Yikes. If they are still together, it will never last. They positively HATE him.

I don't think so. His twitter account is fairly upbeat. Hers? Not so much. Pretty negative stuff, or at best, ambiguous. And, her parents social media stuff? Yikes. If they are still together, it will never last. They positively HATE him.

Wow, where are you seeing her parents' stuff?

Ashley doesn't seem like a very positive person in general so maybe that's her typical tone.

You just need to know their twitter handles.

This is her mom:

https://twitter.com/Rabnud2

Read those tweets and see if you think they are still together. LOL.
Ugh. I get a mom wanting to be protective, but it's so annoying when they get defensive about how they are seen on TV. Telling Dr. Logan that some questions need to be private? Hello...your daughter signed up to be on television. This is the third season. You can't play dumb about what this was going to be like.

I could have spewed Diet Coke when Sam was offended that Neil said he didn't miss her and claimed she would have NEVER said such a thing to him! That is EXACTLY the sort of tactless, thoughtless thing she says all the time. It just hurt her to get a taste of her own medicine for a change.

Ashley perpetually sucks lemons. What a dour sourpuss. Her face is just depressing.

Ugh. I get a mom wanting to be protective, but it's so annoying when they get defensive about how they are seen on TV. Telling Dr. Logan that some questions need to be private? Hello...your daughter signed up to be on television. This is the third season. You can't play dumb about what this was going to be like.

Totally. I think Ashley thought she would get "famous" or something, and that "everyone" would love her. Her personality, at least as it is displayed in this show, is not all that lovable. She is very cold, and is making no effort at all. The "text message" is going to be her excuse...oh, except for THAT, we might still be together...I lost all trust in him, blah, blah, blah. It's all HIS fault (she will say). The reality is that it takes two. She hasn't even tried. A woman who won't even hold hands or hug her husband? Really? There was no hope. I agree that sex might have to wait until you feel more comfortable around one another, but hand holding? LOL

Ashley DohertyVerified account‏@Ashley_MAFS
Ashley Doherty Retweeted Maya Angelou

2764.png

Ashley Doherty added,

Maya Angelou @DrMayaAngelou
"Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full... http://fb.me/3Cyr4rveB
Ashley DohertyVerified account‏@Ashley_MAFS
Ashley Doherty Retweeted The M-E show

Life doesn't stop because you got married. We're all juggling something whether it's parenting, career, etc. #MAFS

David post and retweet
David Norton Retweeted
Tres Russell ‏@Tres_MAFS Feb 11
Unless you see it posted by one of us, chances are it is a rumor and there is no real truth to it. Just keep watching until the end #MAFS This scream to me

I was so surprised by Sam & Neil this week. It's like now, all of a sudden, Sam is crushing on Neil, and she expects him to somehow have a crystal ball and know this, even though he is away alone, because she was not able to go (or may didn't even want to go and used work as an excuse not to go). Course, idk what the heck be was thinking when he said that he did not miss her. He could have said something like, "I have been thinking about you while we have been apart".

Ashley....I don't think she is even human. Most of the time she is sort of monotone and expressionless. She is like a femmebot. A cold, dead fish probably could have given David a better kiss on the cheek. I use the term kiss loosely, since she barely made contact and it lasted less than a nano second.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter