March 7, 2013 Disney Wonder - Bahamas

Awww geez disboards!! They didn't send me any email notifications that there were any updates to our cruise thread! Oh well, glad I finally checked on my own! :badpc:

For our excursions, we decided on:

Key West: (on our own): going to try to rent a scooter at a reasonable rate and go all over the island. If we can't find the cheaper scooter hawkers, we will be going to Ft. Zachary Taylor, because it is a fairly short walk and they have fun things to look at (cannons!) and a nice beach. We have been to KW several times (extended stays and cruise stops), so if anyone that hasn't been there has any Q's I'd be happy to answer them!

Nassau: (on our own) going to the Cloister and Versailles Gardens on Paradise Island. I can't believe we've missed it all of these times! We had no idea it was there... thanks tripadvisor! It's even free!! Maybe afterwards we will go visit Cabbage Beach so I can take pretty pictures.

CC: (DCL excursion): doing the kayak tour. I saw people doing it the last time we were at CC, and I was like "Awww, I want to explore too!" so this time we are! :).

It's getting close now! Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!! :banana::banana::banana:

Awww geez disboards!! They didn't send me any email notifications that there were any updates to our cruise thread! Oh well, glad I finally checked on my own! :badpc:

For our excursions, we decided on:

Key West: (on our own): going to try to rent a scooter at a reasonable rate and go all over the island. If we can't find the cheaper scooter hawkers, we will be going to Ft. Zachary Taylor, because it is a fairly short walk and they have fun things to look at (cannons!) and a nice beach. We have been to KW several times (extended stays and cruise stops), so if anyone that hasn't been there has any Q's I'd be happy to answer them!

Nassau: (on our own) going to the Cloister and Versailles Gardens on Paradise Island. I can't believe we've missed it all of these times! We had no idea it was there... thanks tripadvisor! It's even free!! Maybe afterwards we will go visit Cabbage Beach so I can take pretty pictures.

CC: (DCL excursion): doing the kayak tour. I saw people doing it the last time we were at CC, and I was like "Awww, I want to explore too!" so this time we are! :).

It's getting close now! Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!! :banana::banana::banana:
>>

Thanks, I have not heard of the gardens either on Nassau, thanks off to research!
What do we have left? 19 days? Can't wait!!

Wow, the last time I looked there were so few posts, glad to see a little more activity! We are also going to have grandpa with now and splitting into two cabins. Sorry I have to pass on the FE, work schedule is such that it will be extremely challenging to pick stuff up and I don't want to overcommit. But, if there is a greet we would probably come. We arrive in Miami the day before and we are signed up for 11:30 arrival at the terminal. We have also been to KW before, DS 6yr is a big cat fan, probably will take him to Hemingway House to see 6 toed cats. And maybe Ft Zach Taylor. Planning on getting conch fritters somewhere and some key lime treats. In Nassau we were considering Ardastra Zoo on our own. INtrigued with free gardens someone mentioned though, will have to research. CC it's sand castles and Spring a Leak and maybe a good book and a nap for mom. I saw a ship tour mentioned, how does one sign up for that? My dad is an engineer and he told me it would make his cruise if he can get some behind the scenes looks at how the ship runs. I think I saw on a past cruise that maybe there are bridge tours also? Anyone know more? See you soon! Liz

Found a link for that garden if you are still researching. Hmm, now to research transportation...

http://www.karensgardentips.com/gar...-garden-and-cloister-paradise-island-bahamas/

We do the water taxi to Paradise Island. It's a bit cramped, but it's quick, and I'll take the water taxi any day over the land taxi! Did the land taxi once and I will never do it again. It turned into a clown car ride. Anyways, for water taxi it's only $6 round trip pp (or atleast it used to be, but if it went up it can't be much more than that). They run often and drop you off right near Atlantis.

Thanks for the link about the gardens too! Aren't they nice looking? I can't believe I've missed them before. I probably walked right by them and was too busy looking in the opposite direction going, "Ohhh look, a squirrel!" :crazy:

Joysnote said:
Mom Kerry
DH - Blaine
DD (12) - Courtney
DD (15) - Bryanna (Bri)
DS (9) - Tyler
DS (9) - Zachary
Nanna - Patricia
Poppy - Richard

We are in staterooms 6551 and 6553.

Dbarnett
Stateroom 7092
Me (mom) - Diana
Grandma - Rita
Daughter 4 yo - Zoey

LDevereaux
Stateroom 6036
Mom- Lauren &Dad- Matt
Daughter- Hailey, 11 months (1st Birthday is March 26th)
Son- Max, 2.5 years old
(Maxs favorite characters...Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen, Mickey, Goofy and
Donald)

Joysnote

Stateroom 2142
Joy& her DH Lynn
DS Noah 17
DD Maddy 13

girasol312

Stateroom # 2586
Emma and her DH Miguel
DD Gianna 4 ½
DD Kaylani 17 months

Sorry, I had our cabin number wrong.., it is 7098 not 7092!

18 DAYS!!!

Fish Extender list for Wonder March 7-11, 2013!!! Another new cruiser to add!

Dbarnett
Stateroom 7092
Me (mom) - Diana
Grandma - Rita
Daughter 4 yo - Zoey

LDevereaux
Stateroom 6036
Mom- Lauren &Dad- Matt
Son- Max, 2.5 years old
(Maxs favorite characters...Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen, Mickey, Goofy and
Donald)

Joysnote

Stateroom 2142
Joy& her DH Lynn
DS Noah 17
DD Maddy 13

girasol312

Stateroom # 2586
Emma and her DH Miguel
DD Gianna 4 ½
DD Kaylani 17 months

KerryK

Staeroom
6551 & 6553
Mom Kerry, Dad Blaine
G’ma & G’pa Patricia & Richard
Dd12 Courtney
Dd15 Bryanne
DS 9 Zachary
DS 9 Richard

Richard

Stateroom 7618
Dad Richard
Mom Shannon
DD9 Alianna

Joysnote said:
Fish Extender list for Wonder March 7-11, 2013!!! Another new cruiser to add!

Dbarnett
Stateroom 7092
Me (mom) - Diana
Grandma - Rita
Daughter 4 yo - Zoey

LDevereaux
Stateroom 6036
Mom- Lauren &Dad- Matt
Son- Max, 2.5 years old
Donald)

Joysnote

Stateroom 2142
Joy& her DH Lynn
DS Noah 17
DD Maddy 13

girasol312

Stateroom # 2586
Emma and her DH Miguel
DD Gianna 4 ½
DD Kaylani 17 months

KerryK

Staeroom
6551 & 6553
Mom Kerry, Dad Blaine
Dd12 Courtney
Dd15 Bryanne
DS 9 Zachary
DS 9 Richard

Richard

Stateroom 7618
Dad Richard
Mom Shannon
DD9 Alianna

Great! Welcome Richard and family!!!!

There is a slight error in mine. It should be as follows:

KerryK

Staeroom
6551 & 6553
Mom Kerry, Dad Blaine
Dd12 Courtney
Dd15 Bryanna
DS 9 Zachary
DS 9 Tyler

Not sure if names matter, but just in case. Thanks!! Looking forward to the fun! :)

Are you going to park at the port or have you found some other reasonable offsite parking. We are driving down from Orlando area and going to stay in a hotel overnight (haven't booked yet), then drive to the port. Are you staying overnight and parking? I've never been out of Miami, only Port Canaveral and had family drop us off.

Are you going to park at the port or have you found some other reasonable offsite parking. We are driving down from Orlando area and going to stay in a hotel overnight (haven't booked yet), then drive to the port. Are you staying overnight and parking? I've never been out of Miami, only Port Canaveral and had family drop us off.
>>

We plan to just get leave about 6 am to drive and park at port, we are in Windermere Florida.

>>

We plan to just get leave about 6 am to drive and park at port, we are in Windermere Florida.

Thank you Joy. I'm getting excited, but also nervous about the new experience (leaving out of Miami) considering the travel with my parents (who are older and have never been on a cruise) as well as the four kids.

I'm wondering if we shouldn't forgo the hotel stay and just leave early for the drive down. I suppose I have a little more time to decide.

I want to drive down the morning of (4 hr. 40 min drive), but DH is adamant we go the night before. He has a friend who lives in Miami and we will be staying with him the night before. The friend will be taking us to and from the port (unless something changes in the next 14 days). We are packing super light, because friend has to drop us off embarkation day at 8 AM so he can get to work on time. I am NOT dragging luggage all over the place, so we only have the boarding bag and pilot bag. I couldn't tell you how proud I am of myself for getting everything into them (there was some sitting on them and expansion zippers involved lol). :Pinkbounc

And I may just be crazy :crazy2:, but did our port time for Nassau change? I don't know if I feel like waking up at 7:30 AM for my traditional "Yes, our boat is prettier than yours" docking ritual.

I want to drive down the morning of (4 hr. 40 min drive), but DH is adamant we go the night before. He has a friend who lives in Miami and we will be staying with him the night before. The friend will be taking us to and from the port (unless something changes in the next 14 days). We are packing super light, because friend has to drop us off embarkation day at 8 AM so he can get to work on time. I am NOT dragging luggage all over the place, so we only have the boarding bag and pilot bag. I couldn't tell you how proud I am of myself for getting everything into them (there was some sitting on them and expansion zippers involved lol). :Pinkbounc

And I may just be crazy :crazy2:, but did our port time for Nassau change? I don't know if I feel like waking up at 7:30 AM for my traditional "Yes, our boat is prettier than yours" docking ritual.

Your packing is impressive!! I also ALWAYS pack more than I will wear...and my Mother is worse, so it should be interesting to see how she packs for the trip. We're hoping to combine and share bags for the kids...two children per suitcase. However, my 15 year old might have another idea in mind. :)

I think it's great you have the opportunity to stay with a friend the night before. That will make it convenient for parking and port drop off, etc. At 8am though, that's fairly early. I hope they have a coffee shop or a nice area for you to relax until boarding time.

This will be a first cruise for my parents and my father is starting to decline thanks to Alzheimer's, so we are hoping to make some AMAZING memories for everyone (especially the kids) as it will likely be their last visit to Florida.

Looks like you visit Ft. Wilderness often...we do too...LOVE it there! Just booked a reservation for a long Labor Day weekend.

Your packing is impressive!! I also ALWAYS pack more than I will wear...and my Mother is worse, so it should be interesting to see how she packs for the trip. We're hoping to combine and share bags for the kids...two children per suitcase. However, my 15 year old might have another idea in mind. :)

I think it's great you have the opportunity to stay with a friend the night before. That will make it convenient for parking and port drop off, etc. At 8am though, that's fairly early. I hope they have a coffee shop or a nice area for you to relax until boarding time.

This will be a first cruise for my parents and my father is starting to decline thanks to Alzheimer's, so we are hoping to make some AMAZING memories for everyone (especially the kids) as it will likely be their last visit to Florida.

Looks like you visit Ft. Wilderness often...we do too...LOVE it there! Just booked a reservation for a long Labor Day weekend.

KerryK, I was flattered that you thought it was impressive! But if you only knew LOL... my sneakers didn't quite make it in there, and we are bringing very light jackets for the evening and those will be wrapped around our waists as we board. And my hot rollers are staring at me sadly from the bathroom cabinet. No hot rollers, you will not fit. I even had to leave the magazines home :eek:. If you see a gal wearing the same dress every day, that's me! Well, it's not that bad... but close. :blush: The first cruise we went on was 4-days, and I think we had 6 bags for the two of us! One whole suitcase was our pirate outfits. My how times have changed LOL. DH doesn't even bring his dress shoes for dinner anymore (he says under long black slacks, nobody will see his black sneakers :) ).

It's wonderful that you are having a trip with your parents! I know you will have a fantastic time! My parents' health is declining as well, and I am trying to organize a trip for them to see family. I know it is very difficult when they become more immobile, and it's wonderful that you are taking your folks to such a terrific and beautiful place! They will have a great time!

And yay fellow FW fan! :) DH and I are obsessed with it (as you can see lol). We used to work together and had the same 3-day workweek, so it was easy to pick up and go whenever. These last few years have been harder with my jobs though (they don't believe in having fun apparently!). I was laid off in early January, so we had to make up for the missed vacays. This cruise is the last hurrah. I hope you have a great time at FW!!! Eat lots of Trail's End for me!

:squirrel: (Had to use the Squirrel smilie. A whole gang of squirrels got into someone's tent last trip and destroyed a box of capri sun! I got some nice photos of the naughty squirrels dragging capri sun off into the woods.)

Tomorrow the countdown hits single digits for us, flying to Miami day before. Weather Channel has 10 day forecast for Nassau dropping from lower 80s to lower 70s, hope that comes back up a bit the following couple days. Started packing in the spare bedroom. Getting closer! Did I miss if there is a meet scheduled?

sorry, I had Dbarnett cabin wrong here is correct list

Dbarnett
Stateroom 7098
Me (mom) - Diana
Grandma - Rita
Daughter 4 yo - Zoey

LDevereaux
Stateroom 6036
Mom- Lauren &Dad- Matt
Son- Max, 2.5 years old
Donald)

Joysnote

Stateroom 2142
Joy& her DH Lynn
DS Noah 17
DD Maddy 13

girasol312

Stateroom # 2586
Emma and her DH Miguel
DD Gianna 4 ½
DD Kaylani 17 months

KerryK

Staeroom
6551 & 6553
Mom Kerry, Dad Blaine
Dd12 Courtney
Dd15 Bryanne
DS 9 Zachary
DS 9 Richard

Richard

Stateroom 7618
Dad Richard
Mom Shannon
DD9 Alianna

Disneyland last trip August 2012, next Christmas 2013

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter