March 29, 2013 8 Nights on the Magic

I find out tomorrow if the boss will let me have Good Friday off to be with you fine ladies and gentlemen.

Can anyone give me more info on the WDW bus? Is there one bus there and one bus back? That's a long time to be there and I am uncertain if my son could make it the whole day.

TIA,

Annie

I find out tomorrow if the boss will let me have Good Friday off to be with you fine ladies and gentlemen.

Can anyone give me more info on the WDW bus? Is there one bus there and one bus back? That's a long time to be there and I am uncertain if my son could make it the whole day.

TIA,

Annie

Hopefully the boss gives you the ok!!

When you go online under port adventures you pick which park you want to start at for the day. It sounds like there are multiple busses because they leave at different times in the morning. On the way back I'm not sure how that is going to work. I know my kids may not last the entire day either.

Trinity524 said:

TIA,

Annie

The buses leave in the morning. You can sign up for the buses to the park of your choice after you pay in full. On the way back from the parks there are bus stops at each park designated for cruise ship buses and you just wait in line till there is space and you come back when you want. They start returning to the ship at 3:30 I think.

Hi. I am new to this thread and am interested in getting in on a FE also. DH,DD(13),DD(11) and I will be going and this is my first try at FE.

Hi. I am new to this thread and am interested in getting in on a FE also. DH,DD(13),DD(11) and I will be going and this is my first try at FE.

:welcome: Seems like everyone is busy!! If you have any questions let anyone know. We are willing to answer. I know this will be the first time participating in the FE, will this be your first time on DCL???

Thanks!! This is only our 2nd cruise. We did the Dream last spring for three days, but that was way too short! We never got around to cruising because we didn't want to take days away from the parks, but have found we really like it and DCL does it so well!! Also new to Disboards.

Thanks!! This is only our 2nd cruise. We did the Dream last spring for three days, but that was way too short! We never got around to cruising because we didn't want to take days away from the parks, but have found we really like it and DCL does it so well!! Also new to Disboards.

Welcome to GerrysWifeHlt, I added you (and DisneyCruising) to the FE and Meet lists, when you get your cabin number let me know to complete the entry. We are waiting on a few guarantees to pop in last minute cabin assignments.

Happy to help if you have any questions about the Magic (vs. Dream), you have a strong knowledge on this thread to help.

Thank you all for the welcomes :-). I think I'm pretty good on the Magic, especially after reading through this thread. You guys are good!! We are cabin 6570, with Gerry and Heidi, Lizzie (13) and Abi (11). We'd also like to try to make it to the meet-up.

One question, though- last cruise we were on Disney bus from the resort and I don't remember what time they got us there, but we had no lines and got right on. So what is the best time to check in to board, to get through and on board quickly? Is there massive congestion at 1pm?

Thanks. Look forward to meeting everyone!

Hi everyone! This is our 7th cruise and we are SO excited. We've done all 4 of the boats and have loved every one of them! I am a Disney fanatic and have visited Walt Disney World 20+ times.

I would love to participate in the FE and the meets. I'm a single parent and my 12-year-old daughter and her friend will probably ignore me the whole trip, so I'm looking for people to hang out with :)

We are:
Cabin 7514
Michelle (old enough)
Lauren (12)
Kasey (13)

I booked some things over the weekend. Can't wait for my spa appointments! Did anyone book the Epcot dessert party to watch Illuminations?

Really looking forward to this cruise. I love that we have all those 'at sea' days. So relaxing!

Forgot to include a tip for new cruisers:

Bring a white pillowcase and some permanent markers. You can leave them with guest services when you get on the ship and they'll have all the characters (or you can select only certain characters) sign the pillowcase for you. They leave the pillowcase for you in your room a few days later. You can also find some really cute embroidered pillowcases on etsy or ebay if you want to customize the pillowcase.

This will be my first disney cruise, and my first cruise with my kids! My kids don't know yet, They are 6 and 4! It will be a surprise to them! We are really excited!
I have some questions though, If someone would be willing to help me out! First off I am leaving my 2 year old son behind! I booked the cruise using the kids sail free promo... when I added him it was going to be another $2300+ because you have to get a bigger room once you add a 3rd child :( so I thought he's only 2 he wont know the difference... but now that it is all said and done I am SO SAD!! I feel terrible! He loves mickey and 8 days without him will be hard!! Anyway, I am wondering if there is a way to add him to someone elses party that is only a party of 2 or 3. Then he would be free... but I don't even know if that is legal??? Also, in Cape Canaveral does pretty much everyone go to disney world? What are the best tix to get there? Also We went to key west on our last cruise and we didn't even know what to do? Any suggestions there? Also can someone tell me more about the FE exchange?

This will be my first disney cruise, and my first cruise with my kids! My kids don't know yet, They are 6 and 4! It will be a surprise to them! We are really excited!
I have some questions though, If someone would be willing to help me out! First off I am leaving my 2 year old son behind! I booked the cruise using the kids sail free promo... when I added him it was going to be another $2300+ because you have to get a bigger room once you add a 3rd child :( so I thought he's only 2 he wont know the difference... but now that it is all said and done I am SO SAD!! I feel terrible! He loves mickey and 8 days without him will be hard!! Anyway, I am wondering if there is a way to add him to someone elses party that is only a party of 2 or 3. Then he would be free... but I don't even know if that is legal??? Also, in Cape Canaveral does pretty much everyone go to disney world? What are the best tix to get there? Also We went to key west on our last cruise and we didn't even know what to do? Any suggestions there? Also can someone tell me more about the FE exchange?

If you are sailing with others, you could add your son to their cabin. If there is room in their cabin and lifeboat. He will need to go to the lifeboat drill with them.

If you are sailing with others, you could add your son to their cabin. If there is room in their cabin and lifeboat. He will need to go to the lifeboat drill with them.

Your 2 yr old would also need to check in with the other party and have a notarized letter with all guardians signature to take him out of the country, since technically he would be in the other cabin. Once on board, no one will care where the two yr old actually sleeps, but getting on, getting off, and also booking excursions, since you will have to book them on the other person's cabin and the other person will have to pay for him (until you settle), could suck pretty good.

This will be my first disney cruise, and my first cruise with my kids! My kids don't know yet, They are 6 and 4! It will be a surprise to them! We are really excited! Also, in Cape Canaveral does pretty much everyone go to disney world? What are the best tix to get there? Also We went to key west on our last cruise and we didn't even know what to do? Any suggestions there? Also can someone tell me more about the FE exchange?
You should be able to find out quite a bit in our thread (and others) about the kids club. The Oceaneers and Lab are IMHO a world class kids club. They go all out. We mentioned the princess party, etc. in previous posts.

You should also go to "Till we meet again" on the last night because all the characters are there at once and you could get any pictures you missed during the week.

Included in the price of the cruise is a $150 one-day park hopper, our price actually went up for it. There are no refunds if you don't use it. But you need to book your bus to the park RIGHT NOW. I am guessing that they are filling up. If you don't want the "free" Disney trip, you can pay again for the Cape Canaveral excursions.

The FE exchange is also covered in our previous posts, in short there are Fish Door Number Markers on every door. People hang an extender off that like a mail box. People who are in the FE-Exch, go on a random day and time and put a small gift (diamond rings are small) in the FE of all the other participants.
https://www.google.com/search?q=fis...df0f6210c6aaee&bpcl=40096503&biw=1440&bih=809
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...OyLnUJFrgqOpAcPDgagB&ved=0CGQQ9QEwBQ&dur=4030

Your 2 yr old would also need to check in with the other party and have a notarized letter with all guardians signature to take him out of the country, since technically he would be in the other cabin. Once on board, no one will care where the two yr old actually sleeps, but getting on, getting off, and also booking excursions, since you will have to book them on the other person's cabin and the other person will have to pay for him (until you settle), could suck pretty good.

Well technically he wouldn't have to be paid for because kids sail free... but I would compensate them for helping me out... just not $2000. I would only need help getting him on and off. We haven't talked anyone else into going yet... but I sure am trying!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!