March 29, 2013 8 Nights on the Magic

I am reading the details right... we get into port at 7:30 am and leave at 12:45 pm? We are only there for 5 hours and 15 minutes. Is that correct? Seems like a really short stop!

I am reading the details right... we get into port at 7:30 am and leave at 12:45 pm? We are only there for 5 hours and 15 minutes. Is that correct? Seems like a really short stop!

Yea, and early in the morning. Kinda bummed. If you notice we are two days at sea on the way over and only "one" on the way back. I think they need the half-day out of Key West to make time.

Thanks for getting our info in.

We are coming aboard 12-12:30, I think I'll just leave that.

I signed up for Epcot dessert party, might see about doing Wishes dessert instead. We're trying to figure out how to do the parks. We all want HS and MK, but I just remembered it's Flower and Garden at Epcot, which I love! We went to WDW in Oct. and will be back in June, so we just want to hit the high points. The Epcot dessert party is pretty exclusive to mostly cruises and special events so we'll probably stick with that & work around it.

I've been getting FE stuff and door magnet stuff today. We are getting excited!!

Yay!!! I finally got Good Friday off! I will be joining ya'll!

Annie- me
John-DH
Jack DS(5)

We went on the Eastern Fantasy last year in August and loved it!

Waiting for the travel agent to get back to me on the room. We will be interested in the FE. I need to go back to see what time the meet is.

Is anyone staying at a hotel the night before? We are from San Antonio, we will be coming in the night before and we would like to know if there are hotels you can stay that Thursday and park for the week.

TIA

Annie

Trinity524 said:
Yay!!! I finally got Good Friday off! I will be joining ya'll!

Annie- me
John-DH
Jack DS(5)

We went on the Eastern Fantasy last year in August and loved it!

Waiting for the travel agent to get back to me on the room. We will be interested in the FE. I need to go back to see what time the meet is.

Is anyone staying at a hotel the night before? We are from San Antonio, we will be coming in the night before and we would like to know if there are hotels you can stay that Thursday and park for the week.

TIA

Annie

So glad you were able to get off!!! My son is 5 also! Glad there will be a few 5 yo on the ship.

This may be a stupid question, but since this is our first cruise I have no clue. What all do we pay for on the ship and what is included?

Not a stupid question at all. So, is this your first cruise ever or just first with Disney? I only ask so that I can curb my answer to your specifics.

Included in the price of mass market cruise lines:

On board entertainment, main dining room meals, Buffet meals, and room service menu. Iced tea, juice, milk, water. Hot tea and coffee in the dining room. Soft serve ice cream machines and the snack bar.

Not included: soda, alcohol, Spa treatments, specialty drinks and desserts, some gym classes, duty free shops, pictures, shore excursions, tips, bingo, specialty restaurants (palo).

On Disney you can bring your own alcohol in your carry on bag for in your room, you can get soda from drink stations near the pool.

This may be a stupid question, but since this is our first cruise I have no clue. What all do we pay for on the ship and what is included?

The only thing that you are have to pay are the tips. It is automatically charged to your room now. Not sure the exact cost but it is just under $100 per person for the cruise.

Room service is free except for a few selected items such as pop, candy, popcorn. The list is in the hardcover DCL book left in your room. You should tip the waiter that delivers it.

Fountain Soda from the drink station on Deck 9 or from the dining rooms is included. If you order it from a ca from a bar or waiter, you will be charged.

On deck 9 drink station, it is open 24 hours, it has soda, tea, coffee, hot
chocolate, and milk. It is self serve.

Palo- is a $20 per person fee for eating in the adult restaurant.

Alcohol and speciality drinks and coffee are not included.

Spa- extra

pictures, aracade, shops, drink tastings are all extra

Trinity524 said:
Not a stupid question at all. So, is this your first cruise ever or just first with Disney? I only ask so that I can curb my answer to your specifics.

Included in the price of mass market cruise lines:

On board entertainment, main dining room meals, Buffet meals, and room service menu. Iced tea, juice, milk, water. Hot tea and coffee in the dining room. Soft serve ice cream machines and the snack bar.

Not included: soda, alcohol, Spa treatments, specialty drinks and desserts, some gym classes, duty free shops, pictures, shore excursions, tips, bingo, specialty restaurants (palo).

On Disney you can bring your own alcohol in your carry on bag for in your room, you can get soda from drink stations near the pool.

It's our first cruise ever. We're going with my in-laws, they cruise all over. So do we pay at the time we order/do the stuff or after all at once?

stsomewhere said:
The only thing that you are have to pay are the tips. It is automatically charged to your room now. Not sure the exact cost but it is just under $100 per person for the cruise.

Room service is free except for a few selected items such as pop, candy, popcorn. The list is in the hardcover DCL book left in your room. You should tip the waiter that delivers it.

Fountain Soda from the drink station on Deck 9 or from the dining rooms is included. If you order it from a ca from a bar or waiter, you will be charged.

On deck 9 drink station, it is open 24 hours, it has soda, tea, coffee, hot
chocolate, and milk. It is self serve.

Palo- is a $20 per person fee for eating in the adult restaurant.

Alcohol and speciality drinks and coffee are not included.

Spa- extra

pictures, aracade, shops, drink tastings are all extra

Thanks! With Palo do you need to make reservations before the cruise or can you do it once on the ship? I feel like I'm a lost mess with a cruise. I'm not sure what to plan or expect, kind of bothers me :-) I like to know what I'm getting into.

For payment, you will give them your room key and it will be charged to your room. You are either leave a credit credit for your account or put down cash.

Beside the 3 main dining rooms, there are food places around the pool deck. All are free and included in cruise fare.

There is a buffet for breakfast and lunch at Topsider's, for dinner it is a sit down casual dinner. It is Deck 9 aft

There is Goofy's Galley- sandwiches, fruits and toss salad. They have a Continental breakfast, too.

Pluto's dog house- hot dog, hamburgers, fries chicken strips, etc. There is usually a special of the day,too.

Pizza

There is also, a self serve soft ice cream station.

All the hours and dining options will be listed on the back of your Personal Navigator , which you will receive at check in and one will be left in your room every night.

Thanks! With Palo do you need to make reservations before the cruise or can you do it once on the ship? I feel like I'm a lost mess with a cruise. I'm not sure what to plan or expect, kind of bothers me :-) I like to know what I'm getting into.

You are make reservations for Palo online. They do keep some back , so you may be able to book on the ship.

Palo offers brunch and dinner. They are 2 separate menus.

Hi. This is our 2nd Disney Cruise, but our first time participating in the FE. We would like to join the FE and Cruise Meet. :)

Cabin 5509

Amy - Me
Irwin - DH
Jacob (9) - DS
Hayden (5) - DS

BlueMarlin: I think we need to consider closing the FE at 20-25 and then a second group can be started. How many cabins are we up to from this point??

BlueMarlin: I think we need to consider closing the FE at 20-25 and then a second group can be started. How many cabins are we up to from this point??

Great mins think alike. I was just telling Erik that we were getting close for FE and starting second group

Christi

Eta. I think we should close at 20 cabins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter