March 2017 check in thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are coming all the way from Perth Australia! We will be in the LA area from March 2nd til approx the 23rd (Hubby has the right dates) - We have a huge trip planned - we got a 10 day Disney pass, staying the 1st 2 nights at the Disneyland Hotel, then basing ourselves out of an Air B&B so we can explore - we will be doing a few days in Vegas, a few days in San Diego, along with 3 Red Hot Chili Peppers concerts, and the Korn concert at the House of Blues and Roots! We will have our own vehicle :) So excited!

We are coming all the way from Perth Australia! We will be in the LA area from March 2nd til approx the 23rd (Hubby has the right dates) - We have a huge trip planned - we got a 10 day Disney pass, staying the 1st 2 nights at the Disneyland Hotel, then basing ourselves out of an Air B&B so we can explore - we will be doing a few days in Vegas, a few days in San Diego, along with 3 Red Hot Chili Peppers concerts, and the Korn concert at the House of Blues and Roots! We will have our own vehicle :) So excited!

Welcome Tahlzy to the March 2017. If I were flying from Australia, I'd want to be in the area to really enjoy it.

We are going March 3-8 for our first trip to Disneyland, super excited. Since this trip is being paid for mostly by points we are staying off property at the hilton. Been looking for options of getting from Lax to Anaheim any suggestions?

This thread should have some good transportation options for you: Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation. I've recently updated the pricing and information in the first post. I hope you find it helpful.

Hi!
My family and I are going March 18-22, though our only park days will be the 19th and 20th. Really excited as this is my kids' second trip (and my billionth lol).

We haven't decided on where we are staying yet, but if the rates stay the same, I'm eyeballing a good deal on last minute travel for the Ramada Maingate North. We can't book until the end of January so I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't go up too much by then.

looks like Pirates and Matterhorn are going to be down during our visit. Majorly bummed it wasn't listed before we booked or I wouldn't have booked it :(

looks like Pirates and Matterhorn are going to be down during our visit. Majorly bummed it wasn't listed before we booked or I wouldn't have booked it :(

Where did you find this information? I'm hoping to find out what might be down for our trip.

This thread should have some good transportation options for you: Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation. I've recently updated the pricing and information in the first post. I hope you find it helpful.

Thanks. It is really helpful.

Joining this thread quite late. My husband and I along with our son and his orchestra/band group will be coming to Disneyland from March 25-29 to take part in their music workshop and perform. We are staying at the Fairfield Inn. While we have visited WDW numerous times and taken Disney cruises this is our first time to Disneyland. Since our son is 17 (turns 18 the last day we are there) are there any meals or experiences that he would find of interest? Last year when we were at WDW we did a dessert experience that had prime seats for fireworks. Anything like that worth doing here?

Joining this thread quite late. My husband and I along with our son and his orchestra/band group will be coming to Disneyland from March 25-29 to take part in their music workshop and perform. We are staying at the Fairfield Inn. While we have visited WDW numerous times and taken Disney cruises this is our first time to Disneyland. Since our son is 17 (turns 18 the last day we are there) are there any meals or experiences that he would find of interest? Last year when we were at WDW we did a dessert experience that had prime seats for fireworks. Anything like that worth doing here?

Welcome! World of Color in DCA has a dessert package that might be of interest To you. DL might have something similar for the MSEP.

That stinks!! What are the dates?

Good news is that Jungle Cruise will re-open on February 3. Bad news is that the potc will be closing down that day. Tentative date for reopening is the 15th of March.
Good news is the Matterhorn will be available for excursion until Monday the 06th of February and is tentatively scheduled to reopen on April 26th 2017.

eta a date

Last edited:
Good news is that Jungle Cruise will re-open on February 3. Bad news is that the potc will be closing down that day. Tentative date for reopening is the 15th of March.
Good news is the Matterhorn will be available for excursion until Monday the 06th of February and is tentatively scheduled to reopen on April 26th 2017.

eta a date

Well if that's the case, we will miss the Matterhorn but get there right after POTC reopens *crossing fingers*

Well if that's the case, we will miss the Matterhorn but get there right after POTC reopens *crossing fingers*

Same, though I'm not too unhappy about missing the Matterhorn. It's just too rough of a ride for me in my old age :rotfl:

We're heading to California for our first DL trip, March 26-31. We've been to WDW each of the
last 3 years, excited to get to DL finally. Bummed to see Matterhorn will be closed. This will be first trip for me & son (8). DH has not been since he was a child.

We would like to visit the beach one day. Probably will rent a car for the day. Any suggestions as to which beach area?

Any other tips or advice welcome.

Last edited:
I'm a little bummed about the Matterhorn, but it looks like everything else (except the ROA attractions) will be open. The positive, I won't have to wonder if the Yeti will scared the 5 year old.

We are taking our granddaughter for her 2nd birthday 15-18 March and staying at Best Western Park Place Inn. We are WDW annual pass holders, this is our 3rd trip to DL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter