March 2017 check in thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aladora

DIS Veteran
Big change of plans, we have moved our trip to April so I am not going to be updating this thread anymore. :(

If someone could please take over, I would really appreciate it!

New March Meet thread: http://www.disboards.com/threads/new-march-2017-check-in-thread.3570234/

March 2017
Mamas07 Feb 26-4

Karyanne30 1-3

GatorChris 1-3

Dallas_Lady 4-9 (DI&S)

minnielovesmickey 9-19 (Holiday Inn)

Winnowill 10-13 (Ramada Maingate)

Tissa 12-14

northshoremama 16-18 (VGC)

Laneybelle 18-24 (BWPPI)

NMDisneyMom 18-24 (VGC)
CantWaitToGo2007 18-25 (Dolphin Cove)

Tink1987 20-26 (undecided)

JanJan324 22-25

geergirl 24-1 (Holiday Inn)

Rubygoose 25-30 (DLH)

Leopardstars 25-31 (HoJo)
staceylacey1 25-31 (Holiday Inn)

mgmgbook 26-2 (DI&S)

3TinksAndAnEeyore 30-1 (undecided)

DharmaLou 30-2 (Travelodge Anaheim)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be headed down as a chaperone with my daughter's middle school band. This will be the third year I have done this trip. It's a great group of kids and the music programs Disneyland has available are just incredible! Our trip is 3/30-4/1. I'm not sure where we are staying this year.

Hi Stephanie! Welcome to the (really quite early!) March thread!

This is going to be our 10th DL trip as a family (DH and I spent our honeymoon in DL back in 1999) We are heading down to celebrate my 45th birthday and if my sister-in-law joins we will celebrate her 32nd birthday. We have been twice before in March, for my 40th and 42nd birthday and I am really looking forward to this trip. Our March break this year is really late so we are missing my actual birthday (the 10th) because we don't want to pull our son out of school more than a week early. It will likely be more crowded than we are used to for March I know it will be fun no matter what!

The band teacher at my daughter's school tries her best to plan this trip around school events and state testing, but we will be running up against crowds this year since most LA schools will have that Friday off for Ceasar Chavez Day. At least our behind the scenes music classes are usually during the busiest part of the afternoon on Friday.

I started another early thread for my June trip. I get to do more planning for the June trip than my March trip which is pretty much set by the band teacher working with the trip organizer. We usually head to Medieval Times one night, have two or three behind the scenes classes, and then scheduled check in/out times through the weekend. It ends up very fun, but I'm glad I have another trip where I'll get to plan the meals, the location, and our daily schedule!

Hi Everyone,

We will be there March 25 to 31 and are staying at HoJo. My husband and I are taking our daughter for her first trip. It will be our 3 as we each went as kids and then as a couple in March 2010. Coming with us are my Dad and step-mom. DH and I went about a week earlier in March for our last time so we are hoping the crowds will be about the same.

We choose this week because it lines up with our daughter's spring break and I like the idea of the parks being open later. She'll be 2 weeks shy of being 6 years old when we go.

Hi Everyone,

We will be there March 25 to 31 and are staying at HoJo. My husband and I are taking our daughter for her first trip. It will be our 3 as we each went as kids and then as a couple in March 2010. Coming with us are my Dad and step-mom. DH and I went about a week earlier in March for our last time so we are hoping the crowds will be about the same.

We choose this week because it lines up with our daughter's spring break and I like the idea of the parks being open later. She'll be 2 weeks shy of being 6 years old when we go.

Welcome! We took our son for his first trip the month after he turned 6 and it was an amazing time to go! He did need a mid afternoon nap every day, even though he had stopped napping when he was 5, Disneyland just wore him out!

HI Everyone,
I just booked our 3rd trip for March 25th to the 31st. We will be staying at the Holiday Inn on Walnut. We will be doing Universal one day as well. Our son is 12 and our daughter is 9. Can't wait for our trip and look forward to reading everyone's plans.

HI Everyone,
I just booked our 3rd trip for March 25th to the 31st. We will be staying at the Holiday Inn on Walnut. We will be doing Universal one day as well. Our son is 12 and our daughter is 9. Can't wait for our trip and look forward to reading everyone's plans.

Welcome to the March 2017 thread, I've added you to the list! :)

Will be there 3/10-3/13, staying a the Ramada Anaheim Maingate. Which isn't actually that close to the main gate.

We will be in Disneyland March 26 - April 2 staying at the Desert Inn and Suites. We are going to take one day and head up to Universal Studios. This trip was supposed to be my family of 4 plus my two nieces but it has morphed into a bigger group and now 11 family members are going. We will range in age from 11-82. Wish me luck!

I am going to be in DL from the 20th to the 26th for my 30th birthday - not booked a hotel yet as I am more interested in our WDW stay and DCL trip starting next week :love:

On the plane journey back I will be panicking that I've left it too late to get a decent price due to spring break!

Welcome! We took our son for his first trip the month after he turned 6 and it was an amazing time to go! He did need a mid afternoon nap every day, even though he had stopped napping when he was 5, Disneyland just wore him out!

My daughter's been nap free since 3.5, but I'm still expecting her to be tired. I hope the fact that we've been stroller-free since about that time (combined with mid-day rests) should help her endurance.

We will be in Disneyland March 26 - April 2 staying at the Desert Inn and Suites. We are going to take one day and head up to Universal Studios. This trip was supposed to be my family of 4 plus my two nieces but it has morphed into a bigger group and now 11 family members are going. We will range in age from 11-82. Wish me luck!

Mgmbook, that is quite the group. The Unofficial Guide to DL has a section on multigenerational groups.

Hi, we are there from 9/3 till 19/3, staying at Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort Area.

We are doing LA and San Diego first, then Disney, for a total of 3 weeks in the US.

Last edited:
My husband, myself, and our best friend are going 3/18-3/24 and are staying at the Best Western Park Place Inn. We are also going to LA and San Diego while there. We are Floridians and total WDW pros but this will be our first DL and DCA trip. Do you think with it missing Easter and the big school breaks in the area this is a decent time to go? We don't really have a choice as I am limited with my work schedule, but I'm hoping it won't be too crazy. Although, we have all braved WDW at spring break before.

Wow, that is quite the group! Our trips are usually just the three of us and my sister in law has joined us twice now. The thought of wrangling such a large group would drive me crazy!

I am going to be in DL from the 20th to the 26th for my 30th birthday - not booked a hotel yet as I am more interested in our WDW stay and DCL trip starting next week :love:

On the plane journey back I will be panicking that I've left it too late to get a decent price due to spring break!

I love celebrating my birthday at Disney, such a fun thing! Don't worry about the hotel, what's done is done and worrying about it while on vacation will only dampen your excitement. (Unless you have time to book something now, then I would definitely look at doing that. Even if you change hotels later, at least you have something booked. :) )

My daughter's been nap free since 3.5, but I'm still expecting her to be tired. I hope the fact that we've been stroller-free since about that time (combined with mid-day rests) should help her endurance.

DS was adamant about not napping while at Disneyland but he was so exhausted that he ended up crashing hard for a couple of hours each day!

Hi, we are there from 9/3 till 19/3, staying at Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort Area.

We are doing LA and San Diego first, then Disney, for a total of 3 weeks in the US.

Wow, that is a lovely long trip!

We will be staying at the Holiday Inn on Walnut March 24 to April 1. I expect it will be crazy because of spring break but we're still excited. We haven't made any decisions yet about other plans but have 5 day hoppers. I'm really on the fence about a stroller. My girls will be 5 by then and are used to walking quite a bit. However, it's a long enough walk from the hotel that doing that twice a day (afternoon nap) could wear them out on its own by day 3. I don't like the stroller exactly. It's nice to be able to have them just jump in, but it's another thing to deal with and they're tall enough that they're probably technically too tall or close to it.

My husband, myself, and our best friend are going 3/18-3/24 and are staying at the Best Western Park Place Inn. We are also going to LA and San Diego while there. We are Floridians and total WDW pros but this will be our first DL and DCA trip. Do you think with it missing Easter and the big school breaks in the area this is a decent time to go? We don't really have a choice as I am limited with my work schedule, but I'm hoping it won't be too crazy. Although, we have all braved WDW at spring break before.

You're going to be there almost the exact same days as we are!

I think we can expect high crowds. It seems as though many school districts have Spring break starting on the 18th, which is a week later than most years. Easter being later will help but I would still anticipate higher crowds. The plus side is that we can also expect longer hours and hopefully more entertainment such as fireworks and parades.

We will be staying at the Holiday Inn on Walnut March 24 to April 1. I expect it will be crazy because of spring break but we're still excited. We haven't made any decisions yet about other plans but have 5 day hoppers. I'm really on the fence about a stroller. My girls will be 5 by then and are used to walking quite a bit. However, it's a long enough walk from the hotel that doing that twice a day (afternoon nap) could wear them out on its own by day 3. I don't like the stroller exactly. It's nice to be able to have them just jump in, but it's another thing to deal with and they're tall enough that they're probably technically too tall or close to it.

That is such a hard age, small enough to need the stroller for the walk but old enough to walk most of the time. DS was 6 when we went so we never even thought about a stroller but if we had gone a year earlier, we might have. I've heard a lot of parents say that they used the stroller for getting to and from the parks and also between Lands but would park the stroller in each Land and make their little ones walk from ride to ride. That might be an option for your girls?

Forgot to say, please ask if you have any Disneyland specific questions! There are a bunch of us already on this thread who are DL pros and I know that I am more than happy to help if I can. :)

Forgot to say, please ask if you have any Disneyland specific questions! There are a bunch of us already on this thread who are DL pros and I know that I am more than happy to help if I can. :)
Thanks so much! We're so excited to finally get to see the original after being huge WDW fans for many years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter