March 2017 check in thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Close....south of Vancouver, Canada...north of Vancouver, WA....in Seattle

Lol, there is a part of Vancouver called the North Shore and when I saw your screen name I immediately thought you might be from there. :)

I'm just a bit North of you in Victoria, BC. Love love love Seattle!

Does anyone know the average daytime high and typical evening temperatures for the end of March? I was cleaning out my daughter's closet and found some summer clothes I forgot about. I'm wondering if I should keep them or not. We're are from Alberta, Canada so it will be warm for us - I'm not sure how warm.

Going for a short trip March 22-25 with most likely only 2 park days. One will be solo and the other with my mother. Not sure where we are staying, but the main reason for the trip is a concert she wants to see so I'm sure she will want to stay closer to that theater. I'm tagging along for the sole reason of getting to do Disney for my 40th birthday.

Hi All, Sorry I'm late to join the group. It's been a while since I've been on Disboards. My family of 4 will be returning to our laughing place for spring break. The last time we were in California was in August 2015, and we decided to take a break from DLR and went to Aulani for Spring Break in 2016. This year we're going to spend about a week in San Diego first and then head back up to DLR for 5 nights. We'll be flying in on March 19th and staying at the Legoland hotel for the night, then we're in a vacation rental on Mission Beach from the 20th until the 25th, and then at the DLH from the 25th until the 30th. It took us a while to decide between going to DLR for the 6th time or WDW for the 2nd time. It came down to Alaska Airlines points - when I discovered that we could do the whole trip to California on points and only pay for the taxes/fees, that's what we decided to do. It ended up costing only $300 US for the four of us round trip!

Does anyone know the average daytime high and typical evening temperatures for the end of March? I was cleaning out my daughter's closet and found some summer clothes I forgot about. I'm wondering if I should keep them or not. We're are from Alberta, Canada so it will be warm for us - I'm not sure how warm.

We're from Victoria and have been to DL twice in March. Both times have been warm enough to wear shorts and tee shirts although the mornings can be a bit chilly, not chilly enough to have to wear pants, but a light hoodie was a good idea. Evenings will likely require jeans and a hoodie. Highs around 20-22 and lows down to 10 or 11.

Going for a short trip March 22-25 with most likely only 2 park days. One will be solo and the other with my mother. Not sure where we are staying, but the main reason for the trip is a concert she wants to see so I'm sure she will want to stay closer to that theater. I'm tagging along for the sole reason of getting to do Disney for my 40th birthday.

I turned 40 during a DL trip a few years ago and it was such fun!

Hi All, Sorry I'm late to join the group. It's been a while since I've been on Disboards. My family of 4 will be returning to our laughing place for spring break. The last time we were in California was in August 2015, and we decided to take a break from DLR and went to Aulani for Spring Break in 2016. This year we're going to spend about a week in San Diego first and then head back up to DLR for 5 nights. We'll be flying in on March 19th and staying at the Legoland hotel for the night, then we're in a vacation rental on Mission Beach from the 20th until the 25th, and then at the DLH from the 25th until the 30th. It took us a while to decide between going to DLR for the 6th time or WDW for the 2nd time. It came down to Alaska Airlines points - when I discovered that we could do the whole trip to California on points and only pay for the taxes/fees, that's what we decided to do. It ended up costing only $300 US for the four of us round trip!

Rubygoose, what a great deal for your trip, I'm really jealous! We're probably doing our flights using our TDRewards but for some reason none of the DLR hotels are available on ExpediaforTD. :(

We're from Victoria and have been to DL twice in March. Both times have been warm enough to wear shorts and tee shirts although the mornings can be a bit chilly, not chilly enough to have to wear pants, but a light hoodie was a good idea. Evenings will likely require jeans and a hoodie. Highs around 20-22 and lows down to 10 or 11.

Thanks. This will be pretty good weather for us then and I can use some of the clothes.

Rubygoose, what a great deal for your trip, I'm really jealous! We're probably doing our flights using our TDRewards but for some reason none of the DLR hotels are available on ExpediaforTD. :(

My dad and step mom got a decent deal from Kelowna to LAX using their air miles - and better flight times than ours.

Had to move our New Years trip to March. We'll be there March 4-9 staying at the Desert Inn and I get to celebrate my birthday there on March 5th!

Had to move our New Years trip to March. We'll be there March 4-9 staying at the Desert Inn and I get to celebrate my birthday there on March 5th!

Another March birthday! Mine is on the 10th but there really is no way for us to get down in time for it, DS's March break starts on the 18th so he would have to miss more than a week of school.

Going in March for part 2 of a Honeymoon trip! As if right now, we're staying at Best Western Park Place Inn and probably doing the parks on 3/25 and 3/26. :)

Change of plans! We have switched from a March trip to an April trip!

Can someone please take over this thread?

Enjoy your March trips everyone!

Go ahead and put us down for BW Park Place Inn. We were tossed between them and HoJo. But our trip last month to HoJo was a bit of a let down compared to other visits. Had I found a deep discount, we might have done it again. So we're trying something new to see how it rates. Plus my kids will love the free breakfast, and my wife will love the shorter walk.

Change of plans! We have switched from a March trip to an April trip!

Can someone please take over this thread?

Enjoy your March trips everyone!

Aladora, I can take over the thread if no one else has volunteered.

Go ahead and put us down for BW Park Place Inn. We were tossed between them and HoJo. But our trip last month to HoJo was a bit of a let down compared to other visits. Had I found a deep discount, we might have done it again. So we're trying something new to see how it rates. Plus my kids will love the free breakfast, and my wife will love the shorter walk.

The BWPPI was all booked up when I was doing my hotel research. I liked the looks of it and a shorter walk is always good. I hope HoJo lives up to our expectations.

We are going March 3-8 for our first trip to Disneyland, super excited. Since this trip is being paid for mostly by points we are staying off property at the hilton. Been looking for options of getting from Lax to Anaheim any suggestions?

We are going March 3-8 for our first trip to Disneyland, super excited. Since this trip is being paid for mostly by points we are staying off property at the hilton. Been looking for options of getting from Lax to Anaheim any suggestions?

A couple of years ago we flew into LAX, we had booked our trip through Getaway Today and they offered a shuttle bus that was Disney themed. They picked us up outside of baggage claim and they dropped people off at the Disney hotels and at the good neighbor hotels. It was a great trip with a Disney movie playing for our trip. Which really helped the kids enjoy the drive a little more. I'm not sure if they offer just shuttle service but if you haven't bought your Disney tickets yet, they could package that in for you. They are so great to work with too, it would be worth a phone call to them.

A couple of years ago we flew into LAX, we had booked our trip through Getaway Today and they offered a shuttle bus that was Disney themed. They picked us up outside of baggage claim and they dropped people off at the Disney hotels and at the good neighbor hotels. It was a great trip with a Disney movie playing for our trip. Which really helped the kids enjoy the drive a little more. I'm not sure if they offer just shuttle service but if you haven't bought your Disney tickets yet, they could package that in for you. They are so great to work with too, it would be worth a phone call to them.

I saw that Disney shuttle option but the times it leaves don't sync up with when we arrive. We arrive at 645 pm by the time we got our luggage we would miss the 7pm shuttle. next one after that is 8pm and I don't want to wait around the airport for an hour.

How is everyone's trip planning going? I'm going to see if I can update the original post with the information of people who have joined. If not, I'll just create an updated list in a new post in this thread.

I saw that Disney shuttle option but the times it leaves don't sync up with when we arrive. We arrive at 645 pm by the time we got our luggage we would miss the 7pm shuttle. next one after that is 8pm and I don't want to wait around the airport for an hour.

We must have the same flight but on different days. After a 4 hour layover, I don't want to spend any more time waiting if I don't have too. I'm going to be looking at my options for getting to the hotel in the next few days.

After that, we're buying our park tickets and then a character breakfast. Does anyone know if the number of fireworks nights and parades increase during the peak of spring break. I was looking at the hours that are posted for Jan and Feb and the fireworks are only on Fri, Sat and Sun. Since we arrive on a Saturday (too late to be worth it to go into the parks) and leave on Friday, Sunday is our only choice for fireworks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter