March 2013 Car rentals

A new 30$ off coupon for National came out a couple of days ago. Since nobody has posted it, it's ND9334SND. Saves the worry about using the Entertainment code. It's good for rentals through March 23rd.

KLM code 8572130 is still giving me the best rates - 342.00 for a midsize from Feb 27-Mar 11 (12 nights). I don't care so much about the included insurance, but the savings are in the other included charges:

10% airport access fee
2.5% Customer facility charge
2$/day Florida Surcharge
$0.69 Vehicle License fee
Plus the sales tax of 6.5% on these fees
Adds up to an extra 100$, but you don't pay with KLM code.

Last year I got an SUV from National for $200 for 12 nights about 10 days before. So crossing my fingers for this year!

Do I need anything else besides those two codes for National? Your dates are pretty much the same as mine! Your rate is great!

I have a Minivan booked with alamo from Mar 2 -13 using the Vroom contract ID 299851 and $40 coupon code AD8Z21SDB. We are at $425.80

A new 30$ off coupon for National came out a couple of days ago. Since nobody has posted it, it's ND9334SND. Saves the worry about using the Entertainment code. It's good for rentals through March 23rd.

KLM code 8572130 is still giving me the best rates - 342.00 for a midsize from Feb 27-Mar 11 (12 nights). I don't care so much about the included insurance, but the savings are in the other included charges:

10% airport access fee
2.5% Customer facility charge
2$/day Florida Surcharge
$0.69 Vehicle License fee
Plus the sales tax of 6.5% on these fees
Adds up to an extra 100$, but you don't pay with KLM code.

Last year I got an SUV from National for $200 for 12 nights about 10 days before. So crossing my fingers for this year!

Where do you enter the klm code and do you need to show anything when you pick it up? Your rates are better than what we got so I might check it out. Thanks

I have a Minivan booked with alamo from Mar 2 -13 using the Vroom contract ID 299851 and $40 coupon code AD8Z21SDB. We are at $425.80

I booked mine sometime ago with these same contract and coupon. We are at $239 for a 13 day rental March 2nd to 15th in a full size. With the prices as crazy as they are, I am very happy with that price. The only thing is I realized just recently it was a BJ's coupon and we don't have BJ's here in Canada, so will I get stung for that. I keep hoping I could change it, but if I try to change it, it skyrockets the price. Would they just make me pay the price for the coupon?

I booked mine sometime ago with these same contract and coupon. We are at $239 for a 13 day rental March 2nd to 15th in a full size. With the prices as crazy as they are, I am very happy with that price. The only thing is I realized just recently it was a BJ's coupon and we don't have BJ's here in Canada, so will I get stung for that. I keep hoping I could change it, but if I try to change it, it skyrockets the price. Would they just make me pay the price for the coupon?
Are you a member of Alamo's frequent driver program? If so, you can just go out and pick your car out and hand everything to the cashier when you leave. You may be asked for your BJs card then or maybe not. S/he won't know there are no BJs in Canada. You are obviously not a BJs member so I am a little confused why you used one of their coupons. If they catch you I think they will just make you pay for the coupon and won't recalculate the whole rental. At least I hope so!

Are you a member of Alamo's frequent driver program? If so, you can just go out and pick your car out and hand everything to the cashier when you leave. You may be asked for your BJs card then or maybe not. S/he won't know there are no BJs in Canada. You are obviously not a BJs member so I am a little confused why you used one of their coupons. If they catch you I think they will just make you pay for the coupon and won't recalculate the whole rental. At least I hope so!

Yes I am an Alamo insiders. And usually I am very good at checking and re-checking things. Found the$40 off coupon on disboards, along with the Vroom Vroom code, and at the time it wasn't listed as BJ's that I could see. It wasn't until after the rental was booked and I went back and looked at it, that I say BJ's. I figure if I have to pay for the coupon, I still won't complaing for less then $300 for a 2 week rental.

Yes I am an Alamo insiders. And usually I am very good at checking and re-checking things. Found the$40 off coupon on disboards, along with the Vroom Vroom code, and at the time it wasn't listed as BJ's that I could see. It wasn't until after the rental was booked and I went back and looked at it, that I say BJ's. I figure if I have to pay for the coupon, I still won't complaing for less then $300 for a 2 week rental.
That makes sense. I usually google a code so I make sure I know what the requirements are for the code (if any) before I use it. I don't think you'll have a problem with your great rate!

That makes sense. I usually google a code so I make sure I know what the requirements are for the code (if any) before I use it. I don't think you'll have a problem with your great rate!

No I don't think so eithier. I can't believe the prices of car rentals this year. Astronomical! I will be happy if I even have to pay for the coupon! LOL

I got tired of chasing all these codes for our trip March 1-8 picking up at PBI and dropping off at MCO. I did the priceline thing and got a standard for $275 including all fees and taxes. The car will be from Budget.

I got tired of chasing all these codes for our trip March 1-8 picking up at PBI and dropping off at MCO. I did the priceline thing and got a standard for $275 including all fees and taxes. The car will be from Budget.
It's hard to get a good rate when you are doing a one-way rental. Many companies will change their rates or add surcharges to your rental if you don't return to where you picked up the car. For future reference Budget doesn't play games like that so it's worth while running all the Budget codes if you're looking for a one-way rental like yours.

Do I need anything else besides those two codes for National? Your dates are pretty much the same as mine! Your rate is great!

Nope, that's all you need :) Enter the KLM code where it says "contract ID", and the discount code where it says "coupon".

Where do you enter the klm code and do you need to show anything when you pick it up? Your rates are better than what we got so I might check it out. Thanks

You enter the KLM code where it says "contract ID". The coupon code was just sent via e-mail, nothing to print, so nothing to show. Just enter the code where it says "coupon".

I do have a KLM flying blue number (free registration on their website). I am also an Emerald Club member, but I get the same rate whether I enter my Emerald ID or not. You can get a free Emerald Club membership by using the link on the mousesavers website under "transportation" and "car rentals".

Very easy, and I've rented from them before.

You enter the KLM code where it says "contract ID". The coupon code was just sent via e-mail, nothing toas print, so nothing to show. Just enter the code where it says "coupon".

I do have a KLM flying blue number (free registration on their website). I am also an Emerald Club member, but I get the same rate whether I enter my Emerald ID or not. You can get a free Emerald Club membership by using the link on the mousesavers website under "transportation" and "car rentals".

Very easy, and I've rented from them before.

I have tried several times to reserve using the KLM code and the different coupons listed. I keep getting the message "This coupon cannot be used for this reservation". Anyone have any ideas?

I just booked a mini van rental from Budget using BCN X474200 and Coupon MUWZ003, which I got here on the boards - March 2-12 for $472. Alamo without any coupon was around $1,000. The best I had previously found was Budget using a coupon code from DIS Boards - Transportation - Car Rental section for $767. Anyways, what exactly are the offers I used and will I have to show anything when I pick up the van? Unfortunately, I don't have an Entertainment Book this year, which is where I usually get my discounts.

Well, it is not really $200 for 2 1/2 hours. Once you change something on a car reservation online, it usually recalculates the car rental at the current rate. So if the rates are up, you can get hit with a big increase.

The GOOD NEWS is that when I called National, they said no problem! They would make the change for no additional cost...... I think THEY (National) were able to do that, but when I tried to do it myself online, I got the recalculated price.

That's a great tip! I changed my flight to an earlier one on 3/1 & my Dollar rental I had for 3/1 picking up at 2:00 & dropping off at 12:00 on 3/5 went from $91.98 to $223.64! I think I'll call them & see if they can adjust the time without my rate going nuts. Otherwise I made a back-up reservation with National for $186, but I have to pick it up at Dolphin & drop off at MCO. I'd really prefer to pick up at MCO & not deal with ME.

Just want to thank you again for the tip on calling. I did finally call Dollar today to see if I could modify my pick-up time. The price did go up but nothing near what I would pay if I tried to modify it myself online. My new price for a 10:00 a.m. pick up is now $110.75. Far better then the going rate of $330.66! So the moral of the story is always CALL if you need to modify & the price difference is crazy online. :thumbsup2

I just booked a mini van rental from Budget using BCN X474200 and Coupon MUWZ003, which I got here on the boards - March 2-12 for $472. Alamo without any coupon was around $1,000. The best I had previously found was Budget using a coupon code from DIS Boards - Transportation - Car Rental section for $767. Anyways, what exactly are the offers I used and will I have to show anything when I pick up the van? Unfortunately, I don't have an Entertainment Book this year, which is where I usually get my discounts.

You could join the FlyingBlue KLM program (free membership) using ID 8572130 with National a minivan is $428 inc taxes and insurance. A midsize is $284. You could sign up for the Emerald Club and if you book a midsize you can choose anything in the emarld aisle. There are often minvan's but no guarantee of course.

Hertz just posted a new deal yesterday for weekend specials $14.99 a day for compact $17.99 a day for mid-size - Got a 4.5 day rental for $97 for mid-size including taxes and fees :thumbsup2

Hertz just posted a new deal yesterday for weekend specials $14.99 a day for compact $17.99 a day for mid-size - Got a 4.5 day rental for $97 for mid-size including taxes and fees :thumbsup2

Sold out of everything for my dates except full size. $515 for the week. :eek: Not quite sure how Fri-Tue equals a week but I'll pass.

Thanks for posting though. Hope it helps someone.

I booked a small SUV with national using the KLM codes and coupons. I think $232 a week for two weeks at the end of March. I also signed up for the emerald club card which came in the mail today. Well, I thought, maybe if I add my club number I can use the aisle. When I went to modify my reservation I accidentally cancelled it :scared1: I have never been so close to a heart attack. When I phoned the 1-800 number they were willing to add my emerald club number and rebook me at over $1000. Luckily, they gave me the number for the agency in Tampa (where my booking is for) and they were so nice and rebooked me and honoured the price. :worship: I think I need a drink now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter