March 2013 Car rentals

DianaPOW - can you verify the VISA coupon? Another poster asked me that very question, and I am coming back to you to ask where this coupon comes from. Thanks very much.

Did a search and found the answer:

25% off and a free day
NF1073JFF

Enter coupon code during checkout to get 25% off and a free day at National Car Rental.

Use at National Car Rental.

I found it on a site called Coupon Mountain - A Shopper's First Resort

I have got my Mininan rental down to $458 using the KLM & Visa codes at nationa. Dates are March 2-13.

DianaPOW - can you verify the VISA coupon? Another poster asked me that very question, and I am coming back to you to ask where this coupon comes from. Thanks very much.

Did a search and found the answer:

25% off and a free day
NF1073JFF

Enter coupon code during checkout to get 25% off and a free day at National Car Rental.

Use at National Car Rental.

I found it on a site called Coupon Mountain - A Shopper's First Resort

Thanks! I will try this but right now has anyone looked at the rates for the last two days for Feb24-march 13 OMG it is over 1000$ haha

Today it is way up, even with KLM code. My flight down changed, and my rental is $200 more...... ugh. I will have top really focus on this now.

Budget seems to be the best deal right now..... oddly the minivans and standard SUVs are 1/2 price of the mid-SUVs.

I will make this one for now, and keep watching. $299 6 days, standard SUV. ($225 plus tax) Same price for minivans.

BCD X474200
coupon code MUWZ003

Due to an Airtran flight time change, we are leaving a day earlier. I changed my budget reservation by 18 hours for a $50 increase. Sure hope I can find something better in the next 60 days.

Due to an Airtran flight time change, we are leaving a day earlier. I changed my budget reservation by 18 hours for a $50 increase. Sure hope I can find something better in the next 60 days.

My flight time changed by only 2 1/2 hours, and it went up over $200 at both Enterprise and National. And the change did not "add another day", just a different time, same # days (6). Of course, I know they DO this, you change one thing on a car reservation, and they recalculate the whole thing at the current days rate. I will try calling the 2 low reservations I have, Enterprise and National, and see if they will override that. If not, I will cancel both, and use Budget. AND, I will watch for a lower deal, even trying Priceline closer to my trip dates.

Budget seems to be the best deal right now..... oddly the minivans and standard SUVs are 1/2 price of the mid-SUVs.

I will make this one for now, and keep watching. $299 6 days, standard SUV. ($225 plus tax) Same price for minivans.

BCD X474200
coupon code MUWZ003

Is this Budget code for anyone eo use? I am always afraid that they will ask if I have an ID or coupon or something that goes along with the codes.

I have never rented from Budget...do you have to pay upfront and can you cancel and rebook if the price goes down? I frequently do this with Thrifty.

thanks!

My flight time changed by only 2 1/2 hours, and it went up over $200 at both Enterprise and National. And the change did not "add another day", just a different time, same # days (6). Of course, I know they DO this, you change one thing on a car reservation, and they recalculate the whole thing at the current days rate. I will try calling the 2 low reservations I have, Enterprise and National, and see if they will override that. If not, I will cancel both, and use Budget. AND, I will watch for a lower deal, even trying Priceline closer to my trip dates.

$200 for 2.5 hours? That's crazy. Car rentals drive me crazy the way the prices change ALL the time. Here's to hoping that us March travellers can score some fantastic deals...

I would make sure your flight number is in the reservation and just show up for your car when you get there. No reason to monkey around with pick up times every time the airline jacks you around.

I'm not sure if it's my dates, but I haven't found anything lower yet. Will keep looking.

The visa coupon I quoted was from a flyer I receive from US Bank Visa with various travel promotions and the one from National Car Rental has always been offered. I can't imagine anyone having a problem with it at check out.

my first experience with Enterprise rental out of fll. I had a reservation, walked up to the counter, two reps and no KIOSKS were working, both covered and BROKE. One rep only took their Business accounts, so waited about 15 minutes, then breezed thru the counter.
Went to the lot, went thru 4 vehicles, the first had a CHECK engine light, I refused itand the guy agreed, the next one appeared okay, while we sat there getting ourselves situated and setting up our gps, a SERVICE light goes on :confused3. Again told them..I refused to take the car. We waited again! Then got a car that had a "oil change needed" light on, I was beyond annoyed. :furious: They said not to worry that the mainten. sticker said there was still many miles left before it actually needed to be changed. :confused3 My patience was wearing very thin. There was no way I was taking the vehicle since I already saw two others that they allegedly did not maintain. I complained to a female at the podium. She was soft spoken and just said not to worry theyd get a vehicle for us....no apology, no care at all....they did get us another vehicle and we literally left over 1 HOUR (you are stamped in and out) from arrival at their lot. Especially annoyed since our plane actually landed Early (a first).
I was told theyd take 10% off and was also told that I did not not need to fill up the gas upon return.
When I did return they forgot to take off the discount AND could not find anything that mentioned the gas. I made the rep write BOTH those things on my copy (thank goodness) and whipped it out. They then said they found it and they adjusted my bill ..was handed a paper receipt (tho I have not even see it hit my cc yet, two days later??)
When it does, ill re-check it and then write a pleasant but informative note to mgmnt just to let them know our experience.
We ended up with no car issues (thankfully) while we had it... and that was a good thing.
so my experience overall is low/FAIR at best. Not the way to start a vacation. :sad2: Just say'n....

I just used the KLM code at National (8572130 ) for my trip to Fort Myers Airport, 3/16-3/23. I was able to get a mini-van for $265 including all fees and taxes. I also used the coupon code from mousesavers for $30 a weekly rental (ND9334SND) - it worked even though it is supposed to expire 2/9/13.

$200 for 2.5 hours? That's crazy. Car rentals drive me crazy the way the prices change ALL the time. Here's to hoping that us March travellers can score some fantastic deals...

Well, it is not really $200 for 2 1/2 hours. Once you change something on a car reservation online, it usually recalculates the car rental at the current rate. So if the rates are up, you can get hit with a big increase.

The GOOD NEWS is that when I called National, they said no problem! They would make the change for no additional cost...... I think THEY (National) were able to do that, but when I tried to do it myself online, I got the recalculated price.

Well, it is not really $200 for 2 1/2 hours. Once you change something on a car reservation online, it usually recalculates the car rental at the current rate. So if the rates are up, you can get hit with a big increase.

The GOOD NEWS is that when I called National, they said no problem! They would make the change for no additional cost...... I think THEY (National) were able to do that, but when I tried to do it myself online, I got the recalculated price.

That's a great tip! I changed my flight to an earlier one on 3/1 & my Dollar rental I had for 3/1 picking up at 2:00 & dropping off at 12:00 on 3/5 went from $91.98 to $223.64! I think I'll call them & see if they can adjust the time without my rate going nuts. Otherwise I made a back-up reservation with National for $186, but I have to pick it up at Dolphin & drop off at MCO. I'd really prefer to pick up at MCO & not deal with ME.

That's a great tip! I changed my flight to an earlier one on 3/1 & my Dollar rental I had for 3/1 picking up at 2:00 & dropping off at 12:00 on 3/5 went from $91.98 to $223.64! I think I'll call them & see if they can adjust the time without my rate going nuts. Otherwise I made a back-up reservation with National for $186, but I have to pick it up at Dolphin & drop off at MCO. I'd really prefer to pick up at MCO & not deal with ME.

I was slightly nervous they would ask about that goofy KLM code (I DID sign up and I have a membership number, although they never mailed me a card). But, the rep did not mention that at all, just assured me he could change it with no price increase.

I like National (and Alamo) because I just love picking out my own vehicle. I drive a 10 year old car (VW Beetle) so this is my little fantasy of having a new larger vehicle. :rotfl:

BCD X474200
coupon code MUWZ003

Awesome! thanks for sharing. I just cancelled Avis (through Costco) for a intermediate sedan and switched to the standard SUV with this code and still saving some bucks! :thumbsup2

luvsvacations said:
Do you need a coupon for that ?? Also when I entered the coupon it did not change the price ?? Thanks

Budget coupons do not change the price online. It's taken off when you pick up the car

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter