March 2013 Car rentals

Hmm, thanks for the info about the Car Care Center. With the Magical Express, it's certainly easy enough to get from the airport to WDW, if you can then get the car on property. Worth looking into, if only as a placeholder until prices come down.

Here's another question I was wondering. Somewhere (Travelocity, maybe?) I saw a cheaper rate where I picked up the car at Shades of Green. Is that even possible? I always feel like SOG is so hidden away and exclusive to military people. The Terms and Conditions didn't say anything about needing to be military to book that car, but I was too wary to do it. Would I have been able to? I know getting into any of the other resorts it's easy to just say, "I'm picking someone up" or "I'm dining here" or whatever and they let you in, no problem. But I've never tried that at SOG. Again, it seems to clandestine, I've never tried going in there at all.

Just curious....
You do not need to be a member of the military to rent from SOG. Just tell them you are going in to pick up a car :).

[/B]

I used these-THANK YOU!! Got an great rate for my trip in March to Tampa and July to Orlando. Does anyone know where these are from-don't want to get to the counter and have to show some documentation.

Nice - I got a fair rate ($40 cheaper than I had with an off-airport rental) with this, too. It actually looks like I only needed the coupon code, not the corporate code. And when I Googled that code, it actually led me to a page on Budget's own website advertising that coupon code, so I tend to think you won't need anything at the desk. If I don't rebook something cheaper, I can let you know for sure in about 6 weeks when I'm back!

(And thank you for the info, @robinb! I can't find where that rate was I saw from SOG, but if I do, I'll know that I can book it. Thanks!)

[/B]

I used these-THANK YOU!! Got an great rate for my trip in March to Tampa and July to Orlando. Does anyone know where these are from-don't want to get to the counter and have to show some documentation.

We're flying into Tampa too in March and I've been playing around with the codes. Tonight I found a significant drop in the rate if I DIDN'T use the BCD X474200 code (just left it blank), and it dropped even a little more if I used BCD U072412 or U109700. Also using MUWZ003 coupon.

Unfortunately I didn't see the same drop in rates when I tried them for MCO.

I have been trying Priceline everyday. My offer was finally accepted today. I am paying $399 total for a minivan from Budget. Pick up is at MCO on March 2 at 11:30 AM. drop off is March 13 at 7:00Am. The best I have been able to book so far was $425 from Alamo. Do you think I got a good deal?

I have been trying Priceline everyday. My offer was finally accepted today. I am paying $399 total for a minivan from Budget. Pick up is at MCO on March 2 at 11:30 AM. drop off is March 13 at 7:00Am. The best I have been able to book so far was $425 from Alamo. Do you think I got a good deal?

Not a bad deal (about $200/wk for minivan) but to be honest, for a $26 difference over 11 days, I would have kept the Alamo deal and hoped for a better deal in the next week or so. If you got tired of looking I don't blame you, but I probably would have waited it out.

That's a pretty good deal for a 11 day minivan rental. Might see lower, might not...I wouldn't think they will drop that much lower in March.

richmo said:
Its not terrible, but to be honest, for a $26 difference over 11 days, I would have kept the Alamo deal and hoped for a better deal in the next week or so. If you got tired of looking I don't blame you, but I probably would have waited it out.

I was worried about he Alamo rental b/c it was using that Vroom code. I didn't want to stress about it.

travelcoupons said:
That's a pretty good deal for a 11 day minivan rental. Might see lower, might not...I wouldn't think they will drop that much lower in March.

Thanks. It's about $300 less then when I started the process. We never rent the larger vehicles so I was honestly not sure what's good & what's not...

What is the Vroom code?

Contract ID 299851

Its apparently from a UK travel site, I don't know too much about it. It was the lowest rate I had seen so far. it even included insurance, which we never get. I had read somewhere that you needed to show international Drivers License which we have as we are Canadian, but it always makes me nervous to use a new code for the first time.

I am all new to this but we are flying into Sanford airport and need a way to Shades of Green where we are staying. What car rental company is located there and can I rent from the airport to there and then return and then re-rent to get back to the airport?

Just posted great rates coming out of Budget tonight for March.

Use these discounts off of car rental savers.
$30 off coupon MUWZ126
BCD used in smart book on car rental savers
W810011

Just posted great rates coming out of Budget tonight for March.

Use these discounts off of car rental savers.
$30 off coupon MUWZ126
BCD used in smart book on car rental savers
W810011

I was just coming in here to tell you all not to despair. We leave on Friday and I was able to get a 9 day standard car rental from Budget for $194.44 through Priceline tonight. My dates we coming up on the actual Budget website for well over 500 , even with codes. So if you can't find anything try Name Your Own Price with Priceline when you are just a few days out too.:)

I was just coming in here to tell you all not to despair. We leave on Friday and I was able to get a 9 day standard car rental from Budget for $194.44 through Priceline tonight. My dates we coming up on the actual Budget website for well over 500 , even with codes. So if you can't find anything try Name Your Own Price with Priceline when you are just a few days out too.:)

We have a total of 7 families joining us our 2nd week for March Break. Some of them are flying into Sanford. I was able to get them rentals for $91.00 plus tax, it came to $140 and change with the $30 coupon off after it would have only been $110. They were very happy for full size cars.

Makes sense. I tried a code on I think Budget the other day, and it came out much cheaper than I'd ever seen. The thing was, I'd mis-submitted dates in Feb. rather than March. So... not surprisingly, the closer in you are, the more likely you are to get something great.

THANKS @pigletto!

We're flying into Tampa too in March and I've been playing around with the codes. Tonight I found a significant drop in the rate if I DIDN'T use the BCD X474200 code (just left it blank), and it dropped even a little more if I used BCD U072412 or U109700. Also using MUWZ003 coupon.

Unfortunately I didn't see the same drop in rates when I tried them for MCO.

Thanks for the codes-I will keep trying different combos. We aren't staying a Sat. night and some of the options I tried required a Sat. night. Rates are definitley lower than they have been...

What is the Vroom code?

Contract ID 299851

Its apparently from a UK travel site, I don't know too much about it. It was the lowest rate I had seen so far. it even included insurance, which we never get. I had read somewhere that you needed to show international Drivers License which we have as we are Canadian, but it always makes me nervous to use a new code for the first time.

Oh, I don't guess I'm eligible then. Thanks!

I also just got a great deal with Budget for a rental starting in 1 week (Feb 27th) for 12 nights (return March 11).

My previous best deal was through National using KLM code and 30$ off coupon for $342.00 (Intermediate car with Emerald Aisle). The price has not changed. Even if I look for the same number of nights starting every day for the next 7 days, nothing changes. So I'm not expecting this to go down.

I checked Budget yesterday, nothing great. Checked this morning (exactly 7 days out) and bingo!

So 12 nights, Feb 27-March 11
Intermediate Car
I found that using the costco code W852802 was slightly better than PP's code (W810011).
Also used 30$ off MUWZ126

$244.36 - 30.00 = $214.36 :)

My only concern is that I have read that Budget tries very hard to upsell (to the point of forcing you to buy extra insurance), and is known to have very long waits at their rental counter in Orlando Airport. I have signed up for Rapidrez and Fastbreaks so that I can skip the counter. Cross fingers!

I really wish National would just lower their rates, it's so painless there and the Emerald Aisle is awesome.

we are driving down from the st louis area. i just pulled the trigger on a minivan for 9 days @ $377. It dropped from $436 using budget and a corp code.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter