March 1st-3rd, 2012 Disney Dream to the Bahamas

woodleygrrl

Lawyer to the Stars
Hey there everyone. I just booked our cruise and I was wondering if anyone else is coming. We are planning on going to some Spring Training games after the cruise and then to WDW, staying most likely at the Beach Club.

Anyone else?

Jennifer

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :thumbsup2

Have a great cruise!

Hey Jennifer,

DH & I are planning to be there! We hope to spend a few days in the World beforehand. We're WDW vets but this is our 1st DCL. I'm a long-time lurker but really amped it up on the cruise forum since we booked.

Looking forward to see who else will be joining us.popcorn::

Count us in too! It will be me, my best friend, my daughter who will be 16, and her friend who will be 17. I promised my daughter a girl's trip the year she turns 16. We have never cruised with Disney so we are super excited! :banana:

Hey guys!

This is our first Disney Cruise as well. I have been obsessing over the pictures of the ship on the boards ever since we booked.

I think we are just going to stay on the ship in the bahamas and enjoy it while we can.

We are also going to try and book a cabana on castaway cay.

You all have any special plans?

Where is everyone from? I am originally from Toledo but have lived in DC for the past 11 years.

Anyway, talk to you all soon!

Jennifer

Hello fellow shipmates!!

Woo-hoo, we're all newbies so far! It'll be fun discovering all about the Dream. I'm so grateful to all those who have shared their experiences 'cause yes, I'm obsessed w/ checking it all out on-line, too!

We're @ the 2nd seating for dinner; how 'bout y'all? We haven't decided yet if we're going to do an excursion in Nassau or just enjoy the ship. Jennifer, if y'all book a cabana & wouldn't mind visitors stopping by to say 'hi', I'd sure like to see that...will y'all be @ Serenity Bay or the family beach?

Guess by now w/ all my "y'alls", you can tell I'm from the South; lived in north GA all my life - most of it in Gainesville (which we refer to as GainesVegas). :)

Hell yes we would love visitors. This all assumes, of course, that we can actually book a cabana. There are only like 14 of them and I have to believe that there is going to be serious competition for them as it is only a three night cruise.

I think we are second seating at dinner, but I am not sure! We are going with my folks and we booked it all through Dreams. Now you are going to make me go look!

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer and TinkGal! We are from NC so another southern girl here :) We are going to WDW July 16 with my brother's family so I haven't had time to do much planning for the cruise yet but we are super excited! At least this will give me something to look forward to so hopefully I won't be so depressed when leaving Disney. We are scheduled for early dining right now. The girls really want to do Atlantis when in Nassau so I'm leaning towards that at the moment. I've also heard the cabanas are difficult to get so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Hope y'all enjoyed your 4th; we had a rainy one.

Simp88, hope you & your family have a terrific time in the World (I'm counting donw the days 'til Sept. 30th myself). We're leaving this week for NY for DH's family reunion. We'll be going into the City for just 1 day but guess what's on my short list to check out...the Disney Store, of course! I know y'all understand. :earsboy:

Hi all.

My father decided that he'd like to take his grandson on a 7th birthday trip and we lucked out! :banana:

Prior to our last three trips to the world, I spent a lot of time looking up the super secrets that made our trips extra special. Now I'm looking for similar information about the cruise.

I've read about the Fish Extenders, but don't know how to get set up on the "list."

I've read about door decorations and bringing his pirate costume.

What else should we know?

Very excited!
K :yay:

This will be our first disney cruise also. I need HELP !!!

What should I make for my daughter to wear?? What should I make sure I don't forget ?? How do the fish extenders work ??Are the doors metal ?? All info would be grately appreciated !!!

This is my first one also; however, I read somewhere that if you bring a pillow case and Sharpies and leave them at Guest Relations, they will have characters sign for you.

I'll try and find where I read it and add a link.

How old is your daughter?

I have a soon-to-be seven year old son who will be going and he is an only child.

I am going to embroidery on my daughters pillow case ,don't know what yet !!!

And work on her outfits for dining !!!

This trip is for my 50th bday and 5 yrs cancer free !!!!

I am soooooo excited !!

whats up with the pirate activity ??

This will be our 6th Disney Cruise...second one on the Dream. We are travelling with another couple who have a 7 year old and a 6 year old...add in our 11 year old for 3 kids ready to cruise! This will be my first time using a fish extender and I am new to how the group works with those and how to get on the list, but I think they are like for secret santa type gifts??? The doors are metal and hold magnets OK - don't put anything heavy on because every time you close the door it falls off...pictures and small magnets are OK. Definitely need pirate attire but if you forget they do give you a bandana at dinner and you can purchase costumes and accessories in the shop on board...not sure about autographs, only that the characters are randomly all over the ship and give them when you get photos and when they are in meet and greet. Hope to see/meet some of you all on board!

I'll be there, marrying the love of my life with both of our families there to celebrate with us! My immediate family and my fiance and I are staying concierge, so we lucked out and were able to book three cabanas in order to accommodate our guests on the day we were booked at Castaway Key. We have booked Remy and Palo for my fiance and I to enjoy. Does anyone else have any suggestions? This isn't just my first disney cruise, this is my first cruise ever!

well we are certainly getting closer to cruise time!

I can't believe that everything has to be paid off next month!

Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter