• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

March 1st-3rd, 2012 Disney Dream to the Bahamas

Hello everyone,

i had forgotten about this website for boards & roll call.

We will be joining you for this fabulous cruise. It will be our 2nd segment of a B2B cruise, 10th disney cruise & 3rd one on the Dream.

We are from Montreal, canada. It will be the 4 of us, Myself , DH, DD 10 & DS 7.

We just can't wait to be on board this wonderful ship again.

If anyone as questions, just ask, i will be more then happy to reply.

See you soon,

Josee. :cheer2:

Looking forward to the trip so much!

Was particularly pleased that there is now a 30% off code available at some of the resorts after the cruise!

It saved us over $950!

That, as far as I can tell, means more money for booze and fun!

Jennifer

Hi fellow cruisers! My husband and I are so excited to celebrate my B-Day on this cruise! I love cruising with Disney so much and am counting down the days. :)

My wife and I will be on this cruise as well...along with 4 other family groups.
This is the first cruise of any kind for my wife and I. Looking forward to it.
Will be staying on the 7th deck/floor :thumbsup2

My husband and I are Disney veterans but this will be our first cruise. My son is sending us on the cruise to celebrate our 21st anniversary so we are very excited. He booked it a year ago and it seemed so far away. Now we are 60 days and counting!! We are also on the 7th deck! We will be staying at Disney the night before the cruise and then for 3 days after the cruise too! So excited.

My daughter is nine and very excited !!!!

hopefully we can get the fish extenders going !!!

Hi!! Any progress on the Fish Extenders? I just read your post and was thinking how fun it would be to get a FE group going for this cruise. Is anyone else interested?

Hi!! Any progress on the Fish Extenders? I just read your post and was thinking how fun it would be to get a FE group going for this cruise. Is anyone else interested?

Ok, first time on a cruise here...What are Fish Extenders?:confused3

Ok, first time on a cruise here...What are Fish Extenders?:confused3

Fish Extenders are personalized pocket organizers that hang from the fish outside your cabin door and people put goodies in the pockets. I would post a picture of the ones i have made but i am on my cell phone.

Beth, i am writing on behalf of my sil who is on this cruise, i told her i would help get the fe group going if nobody else wanted to, so let me know if that is something you want to do or do you want me to help out?
First, we need to find out how much interest there is.

IMG_0351.jpg

This is one of the FE I made, this picture was taken before it was completely finished but you get the general idea. For some reason my other pictures are missing on here, I will download them tomorrow.

Beth, i am writing on behalf of my sil who is on this cruise, i told her i would help get the fe group going if nobody else wanted to, so let me know if that is something you want to do or do you want me to help out?
First, we need to find out how much interest there is.

Hi! Thank you so much for offering to help out with the organization of the FE group. I am going to post a spreadsheet to gather the information. From there, we will get a good idea of how many people are interested and what the size of the exchange might be!

Our cruise will be here before we know it!! I've created a quick spreadsheet to gather information for those of us interested in participating in an FE exchange. Please click on the link below and add your info. The document automatically saves and I'll be notified after you make a change.

3-Night Bahamian Cruise - 3/1 to 3/4 - FE Swap

If this is your first cruise or you haven't been involved in an exchange before this would be a GREAT chance to try it out by joining the group! Depending on the amount of people signed up, we will have a better idea of how many treats should be made to hand out.

Hello all...
ok need some help packing here....
As mentioned in an earlier post, this is our first cruise. What should we bring along that we normally wouldn't think of? i read something about pirate night....anything there? or any of the other nights? I'm reading of the FE, and that sounds interesting, and may join that as well. We're with a group of 4 other families, and once we understand the whole FE thing and how it works, they'll probably join too. What kind of hand outs are given? Is there anything else that we wouldn't normally pack that we should?

Looking forward to this cruise. My wife has always wanted to do this, i've been the apprehensive one, don't like being on the water... but we'll call this an adventure. We'll be staying at the Mouse for 2 weeks after the cruise.

Thanks for all you help and input in advance :)

We need to get the fish extenders going !!!!

Don' t forget no adhesives on the doors only magnetic and don't forget your pillowcases !!!

Hello all...
ok need some help packing here....
As mentioned in an earlier post, this is our first cruise. What should we bring along that we normally wouldn't think of? i read something about pirate night....anything there? or any of the other nights? I'm reading of the FE, and that sounds interesting, and may join that as well. We're with a group of 4 other families, and once we understand the whole FE thing and how it works, they'll probably join too. What kind of hand outs are given? Is there anything else that we wouldn't normally pack that we should?

Looking forward to this cruise. My wife has always wanted to do this, i've been the apprehensive one, don't like being on the water... but we'll call this an adventure. We'll be staying at the Mouse for 2 weeks after the cruise.

Thanks for all you help and input in advance :)

Hi! So, the best way I can describe a fish extender would be to say that it's like a Christmas stocking without the fireplace. :) So, let's say we have 15 staterooms signed up for the exchange. Each family is responsible for bringing one little treat or memento to place in the other staterooms' fish extenders. It's always nice to split up the delivery days in-between staterooms so 5 families would deliver Thursday, five families on Friday, and five families on Saturday. Ideas for FE stuffers could be something for pirate night (like eye patches, tattoos or clip-on earrings), bracelets, activity booklets for kids, or something magnetic to stick on the door....for the staterooms with only adults -- maybe small picture frames, candies, lanyards for your stateroom key, pins.... Truly, you can be as creative and fun as you want with this! The idea is not to break the bank or your suitcase but to look forward to a little something passed to you in your FE at any time of the day! :) There are columns in the spreadsheet for number of people in the stateroom in case you wanted to do individual treats for each person. Really, it's the thought that counts and just a lot of fun to participate in!

As far as your packing question...bring comfortable beach clothes to wear during the day. Cover-ups, sandals, shorts, tank tops, T-Shirts... One thing that I found quite useful is a sweater or hoodie. It does get a little chilly during the evenings on the deck so I like bringing something to wear while watching the fireworks during pirate night or just walking around. Also, bring a little beach bag to bring sunscreen, books and magazines in for Castaway Cay and to use on the deck. Are you guys planning a dinner at Remy or Palo? If so, you'll definitely need to bring dressier attire. The fitness center on the ship is GORGEOUS so bring at least one set of workout clothes so you can enjoy the amazing views from an elliptical! Also, if you're a runner, they usually have a 5K race on Castaway Cay early in the morning. Pirate Night is super fun but dressing up is absolutely up to you. I've seen families in complete pirate attire and others in regular clothes. There are GREAT nightclubs and lounges on the ship for adults-only. Usually people wear what they wore to dinner out to the bars and clubs...especially if you have the second dinner seating. I'm so excited for you and your wife! I know being on the water may be intimidating for you but don't worry... on this short of a cruise most of the sailing is during the shows, dinner and while you're asleep so you'll be totally involved in activities and then get rocked to sleep. Then, you'll wake up in paradise! :)

I know this was long but I hoped it helped a little!

DCLDivaB,

Thanks so much for the information :thumbsup2
I'll get the others to take a look at the post and get going on the fish extenders. For a married couple with no kids, do you create one with only two pouches?
Thanks again! :thumbsup2 popcorn::

DCLDivaB,

Thanks so much for the information :thumbsup2
I'll get the others to take a look at the post and get going on the fish extenders. For a married couple with no kids, do you create one with only two pouches?
Thanks again! :thumbsup2 popcorn::

You're welcome! I think two pockets would be perfect! The FE can have however many pockets you choose (however, more than one is always good...). I'm not sure if the rest of the couples traveling with you are on the disboards, but feel free to add their information on the spreadsheet when you add yours. I'm so excited you're participating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter