March 1st-3rd, 2012 Disney Dream to the Bahamas

I am counting the days! I can't believe that the ship leaves in a little over a week! Anyone plan an excursion on the Nassau day? We did: we are going to the beach at Atlantis. it was kind of expensive, but who cares it's vacation!

Jennifer

For those just jumping on board the FE's, can you give me your children's favorite character...Disney or Pixar? Not sure if i can accommodate all wishes, but would like to know what the kids like. Still working on different ideas. Thanks:thumbsup2

Also, if you're interested in what other children like, see the above posts.
For the friends i'll be traveling with, these are their characters...

Brayden..Toy Story
Katelyn...Princesses
Alexis.....Cheshire Cat
Alana.....Jasmine

Any other questions, feel free to ask :thumbsup2

I saw all that but didn't want to impose... to much ;)

LeeAnn : Minnie
Sedric : Mickey

Thank you very much

I am counting the days! I can't believe that the ship leaves in a little over a week! Anyone plan an excursion on the Nassau day? We did: we are going to the beach at Atlantis. it was kind of expensive, but who cares it's vacation!

Jennifer

This is our first cruise. At the present time i think we're going to stay on the ship and enjoy the ships amenities. If we choose at the time to go off the ship, i'm sure we won't go far. Atlantis did look interesting :goodvibes I hope you have an excellent time there :thumbsup2

Anyone else doing excursions? What are the top 5 things you plan to do during the cruise?
For us, i think.....
1. See all of the Shows and will be dining at all of the main dining areas.
2. Catch a movie or 2 late night...i'm an insomniac
3. Pin Trading and perhaps a wine tasting
4. Relax and hang out with the friends that we'll be with, and possibly make new friends along the way
5. Just take it all in and what happens,...happens :thumbsup2

This is our first cruise. At the present time i think we're going to stay on the ship and enjoy the ships amenities. If we choose at the time to go off the ship, i'm sure we won't go far. Atlantis did look interesting :goodvibes I hope you have an excellent time there :thumbsup2

Anyone else doing excursions? What are the top 5 things you plan to do during the cruise?
For us, i think.....
1. See all of the Shows and will be dining at all of the main dining areas.
2. Catch a movie or 2 late night...i'm an insomniac
3. Pin Trading and perhaps a wine tasting
4. Relax and hang out with the friends that we'll be with, and possibly make new friends along the way
5. Just take it all in and what happens,...happens :thumbsup2

Suggestions to first time cruisers:
1. Take the ship's tour, usually offered right when you board before you can get into your rooms
2. Ride the Aqua Duck at least once! :scared: (for some of us, once is enough)
3. Play the interactive games that take you around the ship to view all of the special "paintings" - it's not just for kids!
4. See the shows - Disney has the best shows on the high seas!
5. On a 3-night, eat in all 3 dining rooms (as you said), and save the fancy/paid ones for next time (you will be very sad if you miss your rotation for Animator's Palate)
6. Bring some Highlighter-type pens so you can highlight the activities you want to do each day from the Personal Navigator (and go to Guest Services to pick up extra ones so you don't have to share Navigators)
7. Have fun!

Suggestions to first time cruisers:
1. Take the ship's tour, usually offered right when you board before you can get into your rooms
2. Ride the Aqua Duck at least once! :scared: (for some of us, once is enough)
3. Play the interactive games that take you around the ship to view all of the special "paintings" - it's not just for kids!
4. See the shows - Disney has the best shows on the high seas!
5. On a 3-night, eat in all 3 dining rooms (as you said), and save the fancy/paid ones for next time (you will be very sad if you miss your rotation for Animator's Palate)
6. Bring some Highlighter-type pens so you can highlight the activities you want to do each day from the Personal Navigator (and go to Guest Services to pick up extra ones so you don't have to share Navigators)
7. Have fun!

Thank you for the input! :thumbsup2:worship:

We are doing the excursions.
Blue lagoon dolphin encounter and the catamaran one at Cc
This is our first cruise and we wanted to make it as best we can. My lil one REALLY wanted to swim with the dolphins so of course that was #1 for us. She is too young to swim so the encounter was our only choice.
We actually start our vacation in 6 days and we can't wait!

Hi Disboards friends! My husband and I are leaving tomorrow night for the Princess 1/2 Marathon at Disney and then heading for our cruise straight from the resort on Thursday, March 1st. I probably won't get back on the boards before the cruise so I wanted to wish everyone safe travels!!

Please, please, please use the wave phones and text or call us if you'd like to meet up at one of the bars or clubs one night!! We will be lounging at the pools, too, so please come up and say hello if you see/recognize me!! Our stateroom number is 6528.

Here is the most recent fish extender spreadsheet, too.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmEo7JZWX9sydDFZcEt6amZXeFB2czVvY1c0Wi1FMWc#gid=0

I'm so excited for this trip. I just need to get past the 1/2 marathon and then it's a fun land vacation followed by our CRUISE!!!

Hello cruisers! :wave2: I have a favor to ask of the drinkers. Can somebody please check out the price of a bottle of Macallan 18 scotch for me while you are on your cruise and e-mail me the price. I am planning to buy a bottle for my husband and I need to know how much I need to put away for it. :goodvibes I know that it is much cheaper in the duty free store than it is in the local ABC store. Would anyone like to do this for me, please? I would certainly appreciate it!:hug:

Hello cruisers! :wave2: I have a favor to ask of the drinkers. Can somebody please check out the price of a bottle of Macallan 18 scotch for me while you are on your cruise and e-mail me the price. I am planning to buy a bottle for my husband and I need to know how much I need to put away for it. :goodvibes I know that it is much cheaper in the duty free store than it is in the local ABC store. Would anyone like to do this for me, please? I would certainly appreciate it!:hug:

I'll do what i can.... probably won't be able to get back to you till the 4th or 5th.:thumbsup2

I'll do what i can.... probably won't be able to get back to you till the 4th or 5th.:thumbsup2

No problem. I really appreciate it. I know that with all the excitement of going on a Disney Cruise, it will probably be hard to remember to check the price of booze for a perfect stranger, so if you do happen to forget, there will be no hard feelings!:goodvibes I have some time before it's actually needed. I will be sure to check my mail after the 5th to see if you respond.
My sweet husband is not much of a drinker... he barely finishes a beer! But he does enjoy some Macallan 18 scotch now and then, so I thought it would be a nice treat for his b-day.
Thanks again for offering to check for me!

AWWW I'M SO UPSET I DIDNT READ THIS SOONER. I HAVE BOYS 5 AND 10 WHICH I KNOW WOULD LOVE TO BE PART OF THIS. I WILL TRY TO PUT UP A FISH EXTENDER SO IF ANYONE HAS ANY EXTRAS THAT WOULD BE NICE. I WILL BRING GIFTS...SO EXCITED!!!! THIS IS OUR FIRST DISNEY CRUISE.:yay:

AWWW I'M SO UPSET I DIDNT READ THIS SOONER. I HAVE BOYS 5 AND 10 WHICH I KNOW WOULD LOVE TO BE PART OF THIS. I WILL TRY TO PUT UP A FISH EXTENDER SO IF ANYONE HAS ANY EXTRAS THAT WOULD BE NICE. I WILL BRING GIFTS...SO EXCITED!!!! THIS IS OUR FIRST DISNEY CRUISE.:yay:

Hello

Please add your name to the spreadsheet on DCLDivab's link. If it's not able to be done now, then please give your stateroom number here. I'll see what i can do at this late date, but we'll need to know where to go to give them out to. Some have already left for their vacation and may not see this thread again. Again, we'll see what we can do.:thumbsup2

HELLO,
THANKS SO MUCH FOR RESPONDING TO MY POST. I TRYED ADDING TO THE LIST BUT I GUESS ITS CLOSED ALREADY. WELL I WILL PRINT THE LIST AND BRING MY GIFTS HOPEFULLY WE'LL AT LEAST GET ONE GOODY...THANKS AGAIN....:):yay:

HELLO,
THANKS SO MUCH FOR RESPONDING TO MY POST. I TRYED ADDING TO THE LIST BUT I GUESS ITS CLOSED ALREADY. WELL I WILL PRINT THE LIST AND BRING MY GIFTS HOPEFULLY WE'LL AT LEAST GET ONE GOODY...THANKS AGAIN....:):yay:

JAYDEN >>5
ELIJAH>>10
STATEROOM 8606
FIRST TIME CRUISERS AND CANT WAIT TO HAVE FUN!!!!!

TOTAL IN GROUP 5

HELLO,

JAYDEN >>5
ELIJAH>>10
STATEROOM 8606
FIRST TIME CRUISERS AND CANT WAIT TO HAVE FUN!!!!!

TOTAL IN GROUP 5
I feel really bad. I'm just reading your post now. I didn't see it before we left because we flew down a day early. We received your gifts (thank you!) but did not reciprocate. I even said to my husband that I didn't recognize the boys' names from our list.
Can you email me your address (kim3471@gmail.com) so I can send the boys something? I know it's not the same as finding it in your fish extender, but maybe getting something in the mail will be fun for them.

To all of the Fish Extender participants...

I wanted to thank you for making my son's birthday cruise even more exciting and fun than it already was! He was so excited to run back to the cabin and check his FE and wanted to open each one IMMEDIATELY! We loved our gifts!

We didn't put our names on our gifts to you. We gave you the pirate-themed bags (in the pirate cellophane bags) with the magnetic name tags tied on top. We hope it helped make Pirate night special for you.

Thank you again and I hope you had even HALF as good a time as I did, because that means it was a vacation of a lifetime for you.

Kimberly pirate:

To all of our FE friends, THANK YOU so much for our wonderful gifts! Wow, some were so creative! Sometimes we would open our door to check the FE just to see if any new treat was added!!! I absolutely loved, loved, loved everything! Everyone was so thoughtful. We didn't put our names on our gifts but ours were the Mickey head magnets with the clouds and our cruise dates on them...

The cruise was AMAZING and the weather was flawless (well...except for when we returned to FL!)!! I hope everyone's cruise was fun and for those first timers, you signed up for another cruise while on the ship!! I know we did!!! hahaha

Thanks everyone had a wonderful time !!!!!

Planning on 2 more Disney cruises !!!!! We are hooked !!!!!

Hello Everyone
Sorry i'm getting on here late...still at the mouse, and had to get internet access. Thank you all for your creativity and the gifts! Beth, you're right, it was a wonderful cruise. We checked into rebooking, but opted out this time...but will definately be cruising in the future.

For the person asking about the Macallan, there are two varieties:

Macallan Select Oak...$50.00 for 1 Liter
Macallan 1824 Limited Release $1879.00 for 700 ML :scared1:

When i get home i'll scan the entire Liquor price list...another week or so from now.

Once again, thank you all for helping make this cruise a very enjoyable one! Perhaps we'll meet again on the Disboards :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter