• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 14, 2016 Dream

cwehrstedt

Mouseketeer
Looks like I am the first to post!!

We booked this as our dummy cruise on our last cruise, but invited the inlaws with us, so now it is on!

This will be our 5th Disney cruise, 2nd on the dream, and 2nd with the inlaws. We are so excited to be back on the first boat we sailed on.. And in March! awesome.

My DD will be 12 and my DS will be 10! they are looking forward to the sports simulator, mini golf, Aqua duck, and beach days.

Us adults are looking forward to, mixology, spa, adult pool, and delicious meals!

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list pixiedust:
Have a great cruise! :beach:

I guess I can be the second to post. We are on with you, if everything works out. This will be our 5th Disney cruise too, first on the Dream. We have 4 kids. Their ages on the cruise will be DS16, DD14, DS12, and DD10. Also joining us are DSis, DBil, and my parents.

This will be our first trip back to Nassau in a few years. We are looking forward to the Aquaventure excursion to Atlantis. It was a lot of fun. With the kids being 7 years older, it should be even better.

Hello! We love WDW and have been to the parks many times but this is our first DCL cruise. We have 4 children - DS (16), DD (15), DD (11) and DD (9) - and they've never cruised before. This trip is going to be a gift for Christmas, so we can't let them in on our secret yet. I'm already looking at options for excursions when we are in Nassau and I would love any feedback from veteran cruisers. Looking forward to getting to know some others that will be on our ship!

This will be our sixth cruise, third with Disney, first on the Dream. It will be DH, me, DS 9, and DD 7. Can't wait.

We just got off the Wonder yesterday, and we booked on board for this cruise. We live in Texas and truancy laws are strict, so we've always traveled during the school year with my youngest kids and my oldest has never gotten to go. We've only ever cruised Disney, and this will be #4 for me and DH, #3 for my youngest 2 kids - twin DS - 6 and cruise #1 (squeee!) for my oldest - DS11. We've only ever been on the Magic and Wonder, so we're excited to try a new ship!

Cancelled this date and we are switching to this same itinerary in late Septemeber, 2016. Have fun in March!

Originally booked as a surprise for the IL's. We'd approached SIL and hubby about going but they declined. Well, upon surprising the IL's, they're insisting they come along. So now we're a group of 10 in consecutive staterooms!

Can't wait til March!

How are FE groups done now?

Hi this is the first time me and the family go on a Disney cruise. We can't wait. Me, hubby, DS-8 DD-5. I've been on etsy seeing all the cruise stuff for door decorations and fish extenders. I'm not really sure what they are used for but some extenders are really neat. Is there some event that connects others to these extenders? Oh please help this newbie cruiser? Any other tips I need to know as well would be great. :thanks:

Hi this is the first time me and the family go on a Disney cruise. We can't wait. Me, hubby, DS-8 DD-5. I've been on etsy seeing all the cruise stuff for door decorations and fish extenders. I'm not really sure what they are used for but some extenders are really neat. Is there some event that connects others to these extenders? Oh please help this newbie cruiser? Any other tips I need to know as well would be great. :thanks:

Welcome aboard!!

The fish extenders can be used for several things. Most commonly, the group of us can organize a little gift exchange. On our previous cruises, the gifts have ranged from dollar store items and toys for the kids to regional items from your 'neck of the woods'. We have also used the fish extender for notes and things like that. There are some pretty creative ones out there.

Someone usually volunteers to get things set up, i.e. collecting names, ages,staterooms numbers etc. After that, anytime.

Joining in! We are 2 adults, DD7 and DS2. We did a 3-night cruise on the Magic in 2014 that didn't go too well, but I attribute that to the baby being only 8 months old at the time, and none of us adjusted well! I've convinced DH to try for a redo! Very excited to try the Dream, especially with the new additions that it will have by our sailing.

Well, here is my first post! This will be the 2nd Disney Cruise for my wife and I. (Our first was on the Wonder as part of our honeymoon 15 years ago.) This will be the first for our children. We have two boys, ages 11 and 13, and one girl, age 8. I signed up for DISboards primarily so we could get involved in the fish extender experience. We are super excited!

Well, here is my first post! This will be the 2nd Disney Cruise for my wife and I. (Our first was on the Wonder as part of our honeymoon 15 years ago.) This will be the first for our children. We have two boys, ages 11 and 13, and one girl, age 8. I signed up for DISboards primarily so we could get involved in the fish extender experience. We are super excited!

Welcome aboard!

Looks like we have two kids that match age and gender, an 11 year old son and 8 year old daughter. We are pretty excited too! Our kids love the cruises.

So excited! We love cruising with Disney. This will be our 4th cruise and 1st on the DREAM. We sailed the Wonder to Alaska this summer. Looking forward to visiting Castaway Cay again. We are a family of 4. DH, myself, DD (13) and celebrating 12th birthday on the cruise of DD (11). Looking for an FE group as well.

I'm joining in too! This is our first cruise and we are doing a sea/land vacation. It will be DH, me and our 8-year-old daughter. I'm obsessed with planning Disney trips, so looking forward to learning from everyone and participating in the FE group!

Hi Everyone, joining in as well. This will be our 2nd Disney cruise. Did the first one on the Wonder in 2012. Very excited to try out the Dream. There will be 2 adults, and 2 kids (8-girl, 4-boy). We joined a FE group the first time we cruise on DCL, and it was quite fun!

We will be sailing and giving this for Christmas to the kids. I am super excited! Has anyone mentioned setting up a Fish Extenders group? We have actually never done Fish Extenders so I really want to do it this time!

CHEERS! This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise, this time traveling with 10 family members!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter