March 14, 2016 Dream

I am so excited about our upcoming first trip with the family. This will be my second cruise (did one with a girlfriend to celebrate our 40th birthdays!) Now coming back with the family. I would love to participate in a Fish Exchange too if someone is coordinating a group.

Hi Everyone...this will be our first Disney Cruise! I'm so excited! W will be cruise with our DD's (10, 8) and our DS (6). I just found out about the Extenders and would love to participate if someone is organizing a group. Thanks.....

Unfortunately, posts have once again been removed from a number of Cruise Meets threads including this one.

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS as they have since FE began (also here on the DIS).

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin with child ages for age appropriate gift giving. Other information you would like to share such as names, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, if no one comes forward to organize a FE for this cruise, anyone can organize the FE right in this thread.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics - http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/fish-extender-basics.htm

Enjoy!

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Has anyone set up a Fish Extenders group? I would love to participate. Our cruise is coming soon!!!

This will be our first Disney cruise and we are SO excited! There will be four of us...my husband, myself, DD 11, and DS 8. I am interested in joining the Fish extender group and would like to be added to the list. Thanks!

This will be our first Disney cruise to include myself, my husband, DS 5, and DS 3. Grandparents will be there too! Looking forward to the Fish Extender Experience!

This is our first Disney Cruise and we are really excited. We want to experience the Fish Extender activity but I don't see one set up for this cruise yet. I am willing to set one up but am not sure how to go about gathering the information from everyone. Does anyone have any suggestions?

This is our first Disney Cruise and we are really excited. We want to experience the Fish Extender activity but I don't see one set up for this cruise yet. I am willing to set one up but am not sure how to go about gathering the information from everyone. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Typically, people will either post the information on the cruise meet thread for the organizer to add to the list. Or you can use the conversation option (what PMs are called here). This option is really nice as there can be up to 20 participants in a conversation at a time. That way, the organizer doesn't have to repetitively post information to individual people. The kink in this plan is that everyone participating in the conversion (hopefully all those who are on the FE list) must have at least 10 posts to do so. An easy fix for this is for those who need to up their post count is to head over to the Test Board and post there. http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

Another option would gathering individual email addresses, but posting those on the cruise meet thread isn't encouraged.

Here's a little guideline I set up for FE organization, hope you find it helpful:
Setting up FE group

There's really no "rules" as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone maintains the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/favorite character/favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

At some point the list will "close". Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will either post the list (usually via a conversation is best, as that's more private), or directly on the Cruise Meet thread, to confirm everyone on it is still participating. It’s important to make a statement about "anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped" at this time. A little harsh, yes, but often there are people who will post on the cruise meet thread as soon as the reserve the cruise and say “I want to participate”, and are never heard from again.

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a "pixie dust" list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their "final" list. Be sure the "pixie dust" list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others.

The other "biggie" is no other social media sites are allowed to be linked or search directions posted as to how find that other site here on DISboards.

Hi everyone,
I seem recall that there was a spreadsheet posted here where everyone can go to sign up for FE? Does anyone know what happened to that?
It was not posted as a DIS thread so it was removed.

Typically, people will either post the information on the cruise meet thread for the organizer to add to the list. Or you can use the conversation option (what PMs are called here). This option is really nice as there can be up to 20 participants in a conversation at a time. That way, the organizer doesn't have to repetitively post information to individual people. The kink in this plan is that everyone participating in the conversion (hopefully all those who are on the FE list) must have at least 10 posts to do so. An easy fix for this is for those who need to up their post count is to head over to the Test Board and post there. http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

Another option would gathering individual email addresses, but posting those on the cruise meet thread isn't encouraged.

Here's a little guideline I set up for FE organization, hope you find it helpful:
Setting up FE group

There's really no "rules" as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone maintains the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/favorite character/favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

At some point the list will "close". Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will either post the list (usually via a conversation is best, as that's more private), or directly on the Cruise Meet thread, to confirm everyone on it is still participating. It’s important to make a statement about "anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped" at this time. A little harsh, yes, but often there are people who will post on the cruise meet thread as soon as the reserve the cruise and say “I want to participate”, and are never heard from again.

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a "pixie dust" list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their "final" list. Be sure the "pixie dust" list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others.

The other "biggie" is no other social media sites are allowed to be linked or search directions posted as to how find that other site here on DISboards.
Will you please set up the FE? The cruise is 6 weeks away.

Unfortunately, posts have once again been removed from a number of Cruise Meets threads including this one.

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS as they have since FE began (also here on the DIS).

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin with child ages for age appropriate gift giving. Other information you would like to share such as names, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, if no one comes forward to organize a FE for this cruise, anyone can organize the FE right in this thread.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics - http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/fish-extender-basics.htm

Enjoy!

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

We got all this fun stuff during the last FE we participated in

i-Zg4jz7V-S.jpg
Do you know how to set up a FE? The cruise is in 6 weeks.

Will you be willing to set up the FE?

Hi all! This will be our first cruise and thrilled it will be with Disney!! We would love to participate in a FE group (3 of us-myself, husband and DD 10).

ok guys, i'm a total newbie but I'm game for stepping up and taking on the organization for the fish extender for our upcoming cruise! I will create a list that I will attach to this thread. I'll need your DISBoard Name, cabin #s, and a summary of all the participating passengers in the room including age and sex. I'd like to cut off the date for the list on February 22nd, so that will give people about 3 weeks to get everything together. Give me a big learning curve, you seasoned FE's! Any tips you might have along the way would be helpful. Looking forward to the fun!

Setting up FE group

I'm on it! Wish me luck!

I'm on it! Wish me luck!
Good luck.

Really, it's not a daunting as it seems. The hardest part is getting everyone to confirm before posting the final list. That's why I said you need to be really harsh about setting a "confirm by" date (and sticking to it).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter