March 1, 2014 ~ Disney Fantasy Western Cruise Meet Thread ~

Did I mention that was Tiger blood? LOL! I believe it is easier to accept a Yankee fan over a Buckeye!

I believe you're probably correct. That OSU/Michigan rivalry is fierce. I believe the Yankee/Red Sox rivalry comes close, but I'm not so sure.

Hello All,

My husband and I are just now returning from a fabulous Alaska cruise on the Disney Wonder. While everything was magical, from the shows to the over-the-top Disney service....as we'll as the beautiful ship itself, we had one minor disappointment. We had signed up for second seating dining, and requested seating with another couple traveling solo. Unfortunately, when we arrived at Animator's Palate for our first night's dinner, the table was set for four, but the other couple didn't show up...and didn't show any night of the cruise. We loved our servers, and they gave us plenty of attention, but we would have liked to have had someone else to share experiences with over dinner each night.

If there is anyone who is going to be going on this cruise who would like to join two young-at-heart, Disney-loving senior citizens for dining....whichever seating preferred, please send me a private message and we can arrange to have our dining times and table assignments linked. If there are several couples who want to do it, then the more the merrier. We have a spreadsheet going for the September 2014 Panama Canal cruise, and I would be willing to set one up for this group as well if there is interest in that.
We're looking forward to this upcoming cruise, and are hoping to have some nice dinner companions this time!

Karen

Hey everyone! We just booked our first Disney Cruise!!! We're annual WDW passholders and finally made the leap to the cruise line (I see a new addiction forming :goodvibes ).

I'll be running the PHM with friends the week before as a girls weekend, my friends will be going home on Tuesday and that's when my family and inlaws will be coming down. We'll be spending a few days in the parks and then heading out on the cruise.

There's me, Dawn (36), Michael (40), DS Braydon (7), DS Trevor (6) and DS Caleb (3)

-Hometown - Columbus, OH

-Stateroom(s) - 9th Deck

-Dinner Seating - late (but hoping to switch!)

I'm super excited to get to know everyone! :cheer2:

Welcome aboard! I added you to the roll call :)

This will be our 4th Disney Cruise, and 4th different ship. Definitely looking to do this week long - our first in 2009 was awesome and so relaxing.

-Ashley Nichols, Male, 39 & Wife Maggie Madere, Female, 40
-New Orleans, LA
-Second seating for dinner which means early show.

Glad to be aboard! Will send the PM for the FE right away!

Ash

Welcome to all the new folks. Make sure you check out our facebook page too! The page name is..... March 1-8 2014 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise

Working on some FE's tonight. Hubby thought I was done, but I found something else to make. lol

My FE itself is pretty done. Last cruise, I made one, and made it so it was modular - adaptable for each ship. I just have one piece to make for this cruise. Still have to figure out FE gifts, though. Will see where things are, but, I am pretty sure I will include one thing that just came in today. It will definitely be unique!

Ash

Welcome to all the new folks. Make sure you check out our facebook page too! The page name is..... March 1-8 2014 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise

Working on some FE's tonight. Hubby thought I was done, but I found something else to make. lol

I also posted on the FB page asking if anyone was doing the Castaway Cay 5K but I'll ask here too :)

My DH and I will be running it!

Hello All,

My husband and I are just now returning from a fabulous Alaska cruise on the Disney Wonder. While everything was magical, from the shows to the over-the-top Disney service....as we'll as the beautiful ship itself, we had one minor disappointment. We had signed up for second seating dining, and requested seating with another couple traveling solo. Unfortunately, when we arrived at Animator's Palate for our first night's dinner, the table was set for four, but the other couple didn't show up...and didn't show any night of the cruise. We loved our servers, and they gave us plenty of attention, but we would have liked to have had someone else to share experiences with over dinner each night.

If there is anyone who is going to be going on this cruise who would like to join two young-at-heart, Disney-loving senior citizens for dining....whichever seating preferred, please send me a private message and we can arrange to have our dining times and table assignments linked. If there are several couples who want to do it, then the more the merrier. We have a spreadsheet going for the September 2014 Panama Canal cruise, and I would be willing to set one up for this group as well if there is interest in that.
We're looking forward to this upcoming cruise, and are hoping to have some nice dinner companions this time!

Karen

Updating this post to thank everyone who has contacted me with offers to dine with my DH and me..... I really, really appreciate it. But we have decided to cancel this cruise. We've booked on another cruise line, so are no longer soliciting dinner companions.

Thanks again for your response. I wish I'd posted the same request on the Alaska cruise meet before we went!

I hope everyone has a fantastic cruise!!

:)
Karen

We just returned from a 7 day Eastern Carribean Cruise on the Fantasy and are now excited to be taking our whole family on this cruise!! We just learned of this site and the Fish Extenders while we were on this cruise and are super excited about it!!! This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise, but the first for kids and grandkids
Our party will be me- Lori
DH-Jeff
DD Casi
DSIL Jason
DGS Dylon 14
DGD Morgyn 11
DGS Coltyn 7
DGD Logyn 18 months
DS Ryan
DDIL Katelyn
DGS Hudson 7
DGD Andersyn 5
Whew........that is gonna be one fun and
crazy group!!!
Staterooms 7670, 7672 and 7674
Hometowns: Minnesota and North Carolina
Second Seating

Any recommendations for an excursion in Cozumel that is appropriate/fun for the whole family.....ages 2-adult???:be

My DH Ron and myself Kathleen are sailing again on March 1. It is our first time to Western side and first on the Fantasy. We have sailed 3 other times and love it. The last two times were without kids. We are celebrating our 30th anniversary about a year late :)

-Names, Gender and Ages of Cruisers - Troy (Dad), Jessica (Mom) & Marshall (age 10)
-Hometown Northeastern Pennsylvania
-Stateroom(s) 12050
-Dinner Seating & Showtimes 2nd seating

Hi Everyone......I am excited about the cruise fast approaching, this will be our 3rd Cruise. I am new to the board, so forgive me, I am still learning.

Does anyone have suggestions on where to get the magnets for the stateroom doors?

How do I get added to roll call. Thanks :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter