March 1, 2014 ~ Disney Fantasy Western Cruise Meet Thread ~

Hi Everyone! We just came home from a cruise and signed up for this one while on board. Can't wait to go back to the Fantasy again! This will be our third cruise on the Fantasy, 7th Disney cruise overall, but first Western. We are excited to go on a new itinerary. I'll be looking into what excursions we want to do. For those of you who have done a Western before, what excursions have you done that you've enjoyed? Not really beach people. :thumbsup2

We only did 1 excursion on our western. It was the semi submersible on GC. We really enjoyed it as did DS (then 4). There were however only us and one other family onboard so we could move around as we wanted to get the best views and DS did not have to sit still for the entire trip. Don't think we would have enjoyed it so much if it had been full.

Also stopped at Margaritaville on GC for a quick snack and drink. It was great, sat outside on the roof, and DS loved the pool!

Our other ports were Key West and Cozumel. Just went ashore and walked around for a bit here, then back to the ship.

We are very excited for our first Disney Cruise. Sailing will be myself Helen, DH Doug and DS Evan 8 (at the time of cruising). Hometown: Waukesha, WI Stateroom: 9560

Hi! Just re-booked for this cruise! Found out our spring break is 2 weeks earlier than we thought. :) Super excited to finally do a 7 night. We switch between the Disney Parks and the Cruise each year. This will be our 4th cruise, first on the Fantasy. We have sailed on the Wonder and Dream, and our daughter has sailed those as well as the Magic. Between us all we have covered them all!! We have done 3,4, and 5 nights. Time to step it up!

Our crew: (ages at time of travel)
Heidi (over 20), dh Don (over 21), ds Deven (18), dd Megan (16), ds Austen (13), ds Aric (9)

We will also be traveling with grandparents and my brother, but I am not sure if they want to be in the FE group yet.

We are from Monroe, La (originally from Denver, CO.) We have main seating dining, and we have 2 staterooms (connecting-just our immediate family) #6572 & 6570.

Definitely yes for the FE group! Can't wait!

Wow! Disneymomof4, we live in Monroe too! And my husband and I just booked this cruise. I'm a teacher in Ouachita Parish Schools so am tied to the school schedule too. I was very surprised to see spring break so early!

Anyway, we'd like to be added to the roll call list. I'm Michele and dh is Tom. Right now the plan is to take this as a trip just for us. We will be celebrating Tom's birthday that week (#52...shh!) and will be just 2 weeks shy of our 24th wedding anniversary. Right now we have room 9586 but dh wants to change it to a room more forward. We just came off the Dream and had a forward room. We enjoyed being near the forward elevators and near the adult pool and the spa.

Btw, LOVE the cruise logo! It's right my alley since I'm a Louisiana girl!

We are very excited for our first Disney Cruise. Sailing will be myself Helen, DH Doug and DS Evan 8 (at the time of cruising). Hometown: Waukesha, WI Stateroom: 9560

Wow! Disneymomof4, we live in Monroe too! And my husband and I just booked this cruise. I'm a teacher in Ouachita Parish Schools so am tied to the school schedule too. I was very surprised to see spring break so early!

Anyway, we'd like to be added to the roll call list. I'm Michele and dh is Tom. Right now the plan is to take this as a trip just for us. We will be celebrating Tom's birthday that week (#52...shh!) and will be just 2 weeks shy of our 24th wedding anniversary. Right now we have room 9586 but dh wants to change it to a room more forward. We just came off the Dream and had a forward room. We enjoyed being near the forward elevators and near the adult pool and the spa.

Btw, LOVE the cruise logo! It's right my alley since I'm a Louisiana girl!

Welcome aboard to both families! I added your information to the roll call. Please message me if you wish to participate in the FE exchange :)

Hey all!

We have finally booked!

Ariel_ (Ashleigh - 26) and Lightning_Mcqueen (Ally - 27) will be cruising for our honeymoon and we can't wait!

Stateroom 7578
Hometown Glasgow, Scotland
Second Seating

So excited :yay:

Hey all!

We have finally booked!

Ariel_ (Ashleigh - 26) and Lightning_Mcqueen (Ally - 27) will be cruising for our honeymoon and we can't wait!

Stateroom 7578
Second Seating

Welcome aboard.

I think you are next door to us - we are in 7580!! We had 7582 last cruise, they are great rooms!

Hey all!

We have finally booked!

Stateroom 7578
Second Seating

Welcome!! I've added you to the roll call :)

Ashleigh and Ally, Congratulations on your Disney Wedding and Disney Cruise Honeymoon!
Where at Disney World are you getting married?

We will be joining this cruise and can't wait. :cool1:

DH Matt, Myself Kathy, DS David, DDIL Elizabeth and Granddaughter Ellie.

Hometown: Crawfordsville, IN

Room: 7130 & 7132

Hi Everyone.
We are super excited for our cruise and for the FE, we have seen these hanging by the staterooms and never knew what they were for. So any pointers would be wonderful.

John 41
Lisa 38
Kati 19
Ally 16
Maddi 12
Martin, Michigan
Not sure of our staterooms yet. TA is seeing if its a better deal to do two rooms for us.
Late dinner
This will be our 5th Disney Cruise
Wonder 2000, Magic 9/2003, Magic 9/2005, Magic 9/2009 and soon Fantasy 3/2014.

Hello everyone !

Just booked this cruise for the spring break. This will be our fourth cruise, but the first on the Fantasy.

Alain 48
Andrée 43
Marianne 12
Jérémie 8

Stateroom 8584

Hometown Sherbrooke, Québec, Canada

We will participate in FE

Thanks Snowcar ! The first time I read it in a MousePlanet article by Steve Russo, I tought this is so like me ! I could not resist asking him permission to put it in my signature.

We will be joining this cruise and can't wait. :cool1:

DH Matt, Myself Kathy, DS David, DDIL Elizabeth and Granddaughter Ellie.

Hometown: Crawfordsville, IN

Room: 7130 & 7132

Hi Everyone.
We are super excited for our cruise and for the FE, we have seen these hanging by the staterooms and never knew what they were for. So any pointers would be wonderful.

John 41
Lisa 38
Kati 19
Ally 16
Maddi 12
Martin, Michigan
Not sure of our staterooms yet. TA is seeing if its a better deal to do two rooms for us.
Late dinner
This will be our 5th Disney Cruise
Wonder 2000, Magic 9/2003, Magic 9/2005, Magic 9/2009 and soon Fantasy 3/2014.

Hello everyone !

Just booked this cruise for the spring break. This will be our fourth cruise, but the first on the Fantasy.

Alain 48
Andrée 43
Marianne 12
Jérémie 8

Stateroom 8584

Hometown Sherbrooke, Québec, Canada

We will participate in FE

Sorry I am so behind! I've added you all to the roll call. Welcome aboard!!! :cool1:

Hey folks! So I'm debating wheather or not to participate in the FE exchange. In the past I've included one of those small little nip bottles of alcohol within my gift to give out. I saw a rather lively debate on a thread on the main board as to wheather this was or was not appropriate. There were some strong opinions on both sides. Keeping our meet thread nice and friendly...what are your thoughts? Honestly. If I do participate, do you all think that that's not an appropriate gift? I know that you can't please everyone, but I wouldn't want to offend anyone. Just a thought.:scratchin

Lissa

Hey everyone! We just booked our first Disney Cruise!!! We're annual WDW passholders and finally made the leap to the cruise line (I see a new addiction forming :goodvibes ).

I'll be running the PHM with friends the week before as a girls weekend, my friends will be going home on Tuesday and that's when my family and inlaws will be coming down. We'll be spending a few days in the parks and then heading out on the cruise.

There's me, Dawn (36), Michael (40), DS Braydon (7), DS Trevor (6) and DS Caleb (3)

-Hometown - Columbus, OH

-Stateroom(s) - 9th Deck

-Dinner Seating - late (but hoping to switch!)

I'm super excited to get to know everyone! :cheer2:

Just don't tell my DW this. She is a true blue blood, as in Maize and Blue blood!

:stir:

It's ok, we're not born and bred Buckeyes! LOL

We're originally from NJ and moved here 7 years ago so we still consider ourselves from there. Go Yankees!!! (Does that help? ;) )

It's ok, we're not born and bred Buckeyes! LOL

We're originally from NJ and moved here 7 years ago so we still consider ourselves from there. Go Yankees!!! (Does that help? ;) )

Did I mention that was Tiger blood? LOL! I believe it is easier to accept a Yankee fan over a Buckeye!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter