Magic: November 1, 2013 5 night Western

As mentioned earlier, I agree that this was probably put into place after the near drowning on the Fantasy. Unfortunately, I think more parents are going to see this as an opportunity to leave their kids unattended for a few minutes (or more) at the pool while they run to the buffet or the room, etc.

Has anyone else been following Chase's amazing fight and recovery. He is quite a little boy. Captain America, they call him.

We have a 3 year old son. I saw a couple of other 3 year olds too!
Those of you with young kids...do you plan on using the kid programs? Last year I just kept him with us the whole time.

We will have some extra fe goodies, so if anybody arrived after the fe cut off date, pm me your stateroom #, we will definitely drop something by ;-)

We have a 3 year old son. I saw a couple of other 3 year olds too!
Those of you with young kids...do you plan on using the kid programs? Last year I just kept him with us the whole time.

We definitely plan on using the kids program (ours are 4 & 6). That was how I convinced my husband to take the cruise--time for us as a family and time alone as a couple. This is our first cruise, so we'll see how it goes. Our kids are very social (the opposite of DH and me), so I think (hope) they'll enjoy it.

For all of the ones with younger kids they now have a life guard at the family pool during hours its open. I'm the crazy parents that has to know where my kids are at all times just adds a little peace of mind.

Considering the sad news of what just happened on a Carnival ship, this is some relief. Parents still need to watch their kiddos at all times though.

abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/carnival-boy-drowns-pool-cruise-20563175

Has anyone else been following Chase's amazing fight and recovery. He is quite a little boy. Captain America, they call him.
I do follow his story. What an amazing little boy! I admire his strength as well as his family's!

We have a 3 year old son. I saw a couple of other 3 year olds too! Those of you with young kids...do you plan on using the kid programs? Last year I just kept him with us the whole time.

Yes! My kiddos (10 and 6) LOVE the Club/Lab! My oldest spent most of her time there (and in the pool) when we were on the Fantasy last fall. My youngest is a little on the shy side, so she was nervous about going last year, but quickly warmed up and enjoyed all the activities! They have been talking about their favorites and can't wait for the club on the Magic. Of course, we spend time together as a family each day.

We always look through the Navigators together and see what activities are "must dos" for them at the club and we make sure they are there. A lot of times there are multiple things going on at the same time that they want to do and they have to make a choice. There are times when DH and I have adult time planned and the kids know that they have to go to the club. They've never complained.

Even though DCL is a little more expensive than other cruise lines, their kids club can't be beat and that is usually the deciding factor for us.

Disney's kids clubs are beyond compare! There are the best I have encountered and they do a phenomenal job with kids of all ages.

:yay:

We are huge Disney fans and have been to Disney so many times. Last year we took our first Disney Cruise and absolutely loved it! Now we are going back and are very excited. I have heard of these boards, but have never been on them. Hopefully I am even posting this correctly.
One thing I just discovered were these "fish extenders". How cool is that? Does anyone have more information and is anyone planning on doing this?

We joined too late as well to be part of the FE group this time, but I was going to do a couple of treats for my kids to put in for them. I am sure I will have a few extras and will spread the magic where we can. :):cheer2:

:thumbsup2DH working on door magnets today!! :yay::woohoo:

Very exciting! I had a dream a couple of nights ago that I was on the ship and I had my suitcase full of our FE stuff, but I had forgotten to pack any clothes! All about priorities, I suppose :)

Very exciting! I had a dream a couple of nights ago that I was on the ship and I had my suitcase full of our FE stuff, but I had forgotten to pack any clothes! All about priorities, I suppose :)

:rotfl::lmao: Let the precruise nightmares begin!! :rotfl2:

We have a 3 year old son. I saw a couple of other 3 year olds too! Those of you with young kids...do you plan on using the kid programs? Last year I just kept him with us the whole time.
my little guy is 4. This is his 4th cruise. He has been going to the club since his third birthday :). He loves it.

disneylove619 said:
We joined too late as well to be part of the FE group this time, but I was going to do a couple of treats for my kids to put in for them. I am sure I will have a few extras and will spread the magic where we can. :):cheer2:

We will have extra, pm me your room # when you know it. We will make sure to stop by

HFam Loves Disney said:
We are huge Disney fans and have been to Disney so many times. Last year we took our first Disney Cruise and absolutely loved it! Now we are going back and are very excited. I have heard of these boards, but have never been on them. Hopefully I am even posting this correctly.
One thing I just discovered were these "fish extenders". How cool is that? Does anyone have more information and is anyone planning on doing this?

We will have a few extra fe gifts. Make sure you pm me your room # so we can stop by.

I know they officially have until departure time to assign our 2 rooms #, but I am always getting a little anxious until I know our whole family of 6 is not spread all over the ship. Still nothing as of today.

I know they officially have until departure time to assign our 2 rooms #, but I am always getting a little anxious until I know our whole family of 6 is not spread all over the ship. Still nothing as of today.

My last VGT was assigned at 14 days out - from what I read that seems to be the norm. I haven't personally read any reports of people waiting until departure day though I suppose it is possible! I am waiting with you :)

Working on our door magnets. The excitement is building!! pixiedust:

Getting harder and harder to keep it from the kids. I can't wait to see the look on their faces on the 1st!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter