Magic: November 1, 2013 5 night Western

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by JennLK, Apr 30, 2013.

1. JennLK

JennLK DIS Veteran

I grew up in Philly and currently live about 10-15 mins outside of Philly :) Have fun :) Oh and try to stay dry - Kind of rainy here

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JennLK

JennLK DIS Veteran

I did the brunch - it was good. Something different than the normal breakfast on the ship. There is a buffet and a menu to order from. I believe they include a glass of champagne (or maybe it was a mimosa)

The food was really very good. The atmosphere and service was amazing. I don't know that I need to do it every cruise. I look at it like a date, time to be alone with my hubs.

4. MrsMork

MrsMork Proud Old Geezer

Yes, 23 total, so 22 to gift to. List on the way to you!

We prefer brunch to dinner at Palo. Buffet is wonderful. Seafood table, breads and cheeses table, antipasto type foods table, pastries table and dessert table. Things we would not usually have (such as caviar) and I love that the crab legs are split in half so no effort trying to dig that yummy meat out of there. After you eat the buffet things, they bring you pizza that is amazing! Try the goat cheese and grape pizza. I don't normally like goat cheese, but this is my favorite pizza ever, ever! I would pay for this brunch just to have that pizza! Then they bring you an entrée of your choice. Several choices of egg dishes, or a fish dish, or pasta - don't remember what other choices. You can have more than one entrée if you want. Then they encourage you to go back to the dessert buffet again! And, yes, a glass of champagne or mimosa. Service beyond excellent. The dessert buffet are small samples so you can try several. Highly recommend it. Plan on a couple of hours and pace yourself!

5. TempusFugit

TempusFugit Are you a fan of delicious flavor?

I'm on my phone right now but later I'll try to post a few pics from last year to give you an idea. Love Palo dinner, but would choose brunch over dinner if we had to. Fortunately we don't!

6. TempusFugit

Mmmmm...Tastycakes... it's been to long.

I remember Gene Hart yelling "Score!! For a case of Tastycakes!" while watching Flyers games as a boy.

Sounds like we're having a Southeast PA reunion.

7. TempusFugit

Ok......you asked for it......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one's for Angie!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. VowRenewal13

VowRenewal13 Mouseketeer

I miss watching the Flyers. All that is spoken in Alabama is Roll Tide and War Eagle. There is no other sport here, only college football! Don't cheer for either team.:cool1:

9. MrsMork

MrsMork Proud Old Geezer

Oh THANK YOU!!! :goodvibes Now I am even more excited to get onboard! We have brunch the first sea day. :woohoo:

10. disneylove619

disneylove619 Love All Things Disney

ok those pictures are scrumptious! My arm has been twisted ;) Now to see if we can get a reservation.

11. TempusFugit

Sorry if the pics are large- no time to resize. I'm on the fly.

There are soooo many things to try.

Good grief! I'm hungry!!!

12. KLW1977

KLW1977 Earning My Ears

Thanks for the pictures! I booked a brunch for the first sea day too, one more thing to look forward too.

13. MrsMork

MrsMork Proud Old Geezer

Perfect almost life size!!

:woohoo::dance3:

14. TempusFugit

Glad to help. We're booked for the second sea day. It's like building up to a gastronomic crescendo over the cruise.

15. TempusFugit

Well, we'll fill you in! It's been a wild season so far. Lots of familiar faces from the 80s and early 90s are now wearing suits for the Broad St.Bullies. I've been in Indiana for 15 years but still watch the games on direct tv. Both my boys are hockey players and Flyers fans too.

16. kpadalik

kpadalik DIS Veteran

We were until about a week and a half ago until we logged into our ressie and saw that our room was assigned! Now I'm playing the "is it too early to start packing yet?" game. LOL.

We have our cruise documents, alcohol, camera, and a couple of things for the kid to keep busy with in case there is any waiting at the port. We don't swim on the first day so we don't pack bathing suits. Once we get on the ship, we eat lunch, head to our room to unpack, explore the ship, and then go to the sail away party. My girls love exploring and I'm sure there will be all kinds of fun things to discover on the new Magic. I know they can't wait to see the Club/Lab!

I have heard the same about Premier. We are going to park at Safecruiseparking.com. I posted about them a few pages back. They have a temp lot because of construction but they have a 24/7 security guard and a gated lot, so I still feel it's secure. Read my post that I posted earlier for more info.

I may be in the minority, but I didn't care for brunch at Palo. I consider myself a foodie and love trying new and different things, but this just didn't do it for me. I prefer dinner. But there are plenty of people that LOVE the brunch so go ahead and give it a try!

17. disneylove619

disneylove619 Love All Things Disney

Got our cruise docs today!!!!:cheer2::cheer2:

3 weeks from today we will be underway!pixiedust:

18. MrsMork

MrsMork Proud Old Geezer

:woohoo::dance3: Ours went to our son :confused3 with whom we are linked. :yay: He got them about a week ago. :thumbsup2

19. JennLK

JennLK DIS Veteran

Did anyone get an email survey?

20. disneyholic1977

disneyholic1977 Living our dream in paradise

Yes, we did today.

21. JennLK

JennLK DIS Veteran

us too...well I did not hubby. Did it mention testing something on board?