Magic Mediterranean September 3, 2016

Can anyone tell me if the character breakfast can be booked before we board ?

Just a reminder. If anyone is interested in joining the fish extender, the deadline is coming up in a few days (7/20 i believe). Last minute additions are usually impossible due to the nature of this fun activity! The trip is coming up fast!

Sign up for the Fish Extender will end on the 20th!!! Please let me know ASAP if you would like to join the group. We want to give our participants plenty of time to prepare.

My family and my sister's family will be on this cruise and we would love to participate. I'm still waiting for my 10 posts to register before I can start a PM, but I just wanted to let laevson4712 that we would be interested in joining if there is still room. Thanks!

I sent you a message back!!

Can anyone tell me if the character breakfast can be booked before we board ?

The character breakfasts can be booked on the Disney Cruise website. Go to "My Disney Cruise", then "My Cruise Activites" followed by "Explore Activites". This will bring up a calendar type page where you can book your different events. Remember the breakfasts are only offered on Sea Days.

Laevson4712 I also do ot have enough activity yet to PM you (frustrating but it is what it is). Anyway I have two kiddos that would be so stoked to participate in the FE. Just want to get involved before the deadline, I understand it is a small undertaking to organize so thanks ever so much!!

CatieH, wonderful!! You can go to the "Welcome to the Dis" board on the home page and get to your needed comments there. This will allow you to PM. Thank!

So this cruise will be our second Disney cruise and our first one in which we will want to participate in the FE. So for the veterans of these things and for those organizing it, how may FE goodies should the kids and I make? We are from California and want to make gifts that are kinda unique to our area, but it could be time prohibitive if the numbers get too big.

So what have other people done in the past and what numbers of folks are involved? Thanks!

Has anyone made their own magnets for the stateroom door? I'm trying to decide on magnetic paper and not sure which one to go with.

I ended up laminating pictures and glued magnets to the back. Depending on how thick the paint is on the door, you might find your magnetic paper pictures on the floor or towards the bottom. I've done both and magnets work better. The magnetic paper will work but may shift more (just got the ones available at Staples).

Has anyone made their own magnets for the stateroom door? I'm trying to decide on magnetic paper and not sure which one to go with.
I printed out what we wanted on regular paper and then laminated it like ryee. I bought a huge poster size magnet that the other side of it is sticky (covered by protective paper) and cut it according to the size of each picture so that the entire back of each one is a magnet, hoping that will be enough to keep it in place :) then I removed the paper from the back of each individual smaller magnet and stuck it on to each picture. I'm not crafty AT ALL but it was really easy and fun to do.

The count down has started!! We will be in Barcelona one month from today!! getting so excited I am giddy.:stitch:

Our adventure is quickly approaching!! So I have a question for the parent's of school aged children: Are you going to do anything before the trip to prepare for the time change or just "cold turkey" it. We have never travelled more than 3 time zones with our kids, so given the 9 hour change we are questioning what to do. Most times we just keep the kids on California time when we travel, but that is not an option this time. Also the children wil have already started school so we can't do anything too extreme.

Also somewhat on the same topic we plan to arrive in Barcelona on the first. That will give us a day and a half for any lost luggage to catch up to us and adjust. Our 1000 am arrival will be when our bodies think it is 7 pm California time so our first day we plan to stay close to the hotel and then in the late afternoon or evening head to the Plaja Nova Icaria (Beach boardwalk)or if we are more eager maybe the Eixample for tapas.

On the second we are thinking the hop-on-hop-off bus and walking La Rambla. So if anybody would like to join us at any point before we embark on the third, feel free to reach out to me and we can figure out how to catch up to eachother in Spain!!

east bound jet lag is always worse than the other direction.....not as if that helps you....it's just confirming what you know - that you're going to be hit by jet lag....possibly quite hard...

we travel in reverse from you....we live on the mediterannean and travel to the states on vacation....our holidays are a breeze as it's westbound....but the eastbound return home is very difficult and we tend to be hit by many days of lag when we get back home....but as they say, YMMV....

Last edited:
Just discovered what this is, excited to join in, my boys will love going round delivering little gifts :-D

Been looking at cruise stuff for past few days, can't wait for it to be here already, seems so far away

Marie x
How can I post to this group? U would like to participate in the fish extender group. 2 kids, 5&3 frim Utah, US

Just discovered what this is, excited to join in, my boys will love going round delivering little gifts :-D

Been looking at cruise stuff for past few days, can't wait for it to be here already, seems so far away

Marie x
We will be on this cruise. How can I join a fish extender group? Thanks.

We will be on this cruise. How can I join a fish extender group? Thanks.
Hi everyone
We just had to change cruising dates because my daughter is in the hospital and we won't be able to make our original travel plans; we were sailing next week so we were FE and pixie dust ready.... Is there a group we can still join? Either FE or PD would be amazing
My daughter is heartbroken from having to stay at the hospital for a few days and also postponing our holiday
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter