magic kinhdom at phase three again today

Now I'm truly terrified for next week. The first time we ever took our family was 4 years ago Easter and the following week. It wasn't that bad. I guess it was later in the month of April that year. Our stupid school system always schedules spring break the week following Easter no matter when it falls. Well, looks like this year we'll be in for a shock. Unfortunately it's too hard to pull my high schooler out during down times anymore. I suppose we might be spending more time at the resort this trip than we're used to.

We are here now. We went to MK today. We arrived at 8:00 an hour after it opened. We managed to ride Thunder twice, Splash, Pirates twice, Haunted Mansion. We rode Space Mountain, Mermaid and Buzz with FP. We did Philharmagic and People Mover all before 12:30. That included sitting down for a quick service breakfast. If you arrive early as in rope drop you can even do more. We leave tomorrow and we did MK last week on Friday and got a ton done because it was less crowded but we arrived by opening. On Sunday we arrived around 7 at night and it was pretty crowded until 11 and then it was great after that. :) When we arrived at 8 today Peter Pan was 15 min. and Pooh was 20 so we skipped those and headed to Thunder. We have had a great trip and we always follow Tour Guide Mike for best park days. If you get to the parks early it makes a huge difference.

edk35 said:
We are here now. We went to MK today. We arrived at 8:00 an hour after it opened. We managed to ride Thunder twice, Splash, Pirates twice, Haunted Mansion. We rode Space Mountain, Mermaid and Buzz with FP. We did Philharmagic and People Mover all before 12:30. That included sitting down for a quick service breakfast. If you arrive early as in rope drop you can even do more. We leave tomorrow and we did MK last week on Friday and got a ton done because it was less crowded but we arrived by opening. On Sunday we arrived around 7 at night and it was pretty crowded until 11 and then it was great after that. :) When we arrived at 8 today Peter Pan was 15 min. and Pooh was 20 so we skipped those and headed to Thunder. We have had a great trip and we always follow Tour Guide Mike for best park days. If you get to the parks early it makes a huge difference.

Well that's good to hear bc I've got one 8a morning instead of 7a...

You'll be fine. Everything will return to normal on April 8th.

Not sure what constitutes "normal". But I do know that a lot of the public school systems in Georgia (maybe most? Maybe all?) will have their Spring Breaks in April. All of the school systems that I checked in the metro Atlanta area are either the week of April 1 or the week of April 8. I randomly checked a number of others around the state and found one system to be the week of April 15 with all others April 1 or 8.

Still --- maybe the crowd levels will not be as bad.

There were also quite a few colleges that did late spring breaks this year and they are this week. Some states are now starting a break week regardless of when Easter falls. Most of Texas and Arizona do this. Northern vA was this week and parts of Ohio, NJ and NY were his week also.

parkhopping said:
I just cannot imagine being there with crowds like that. I hate being smushed by sweaty strangers trying to exit the park after Wishes - this must be like that x10! :crowded:

The ONLY way I'd do it during crowds like that is to get there at RD and leave before lunchtime. There's not much to be said for atmosphere when you can't even move for all the people.

At least the strangers weren't sweaty. Too cold, lol!

What is crazy is that you see these long wait time yet there are still FP left for the ride! HELLO!!
Goes to show people don't do their homework before going.

Nebraska_Disney said:
Can you imagine all those folks who planned this week for their first ever visit? I wonder how many will never come back based upon the crowds and cool weather? I think Disney should do a better job of letting people know up front what it means to go at busier times.

For those who know, it is not that big of a deal (go early, stay late etc) but for a first timer, it is already overwhelming and ad to the mix what is going on now, it would be stressful if anything.

First timers here. These past four days were our first ever at Disney World. And it has been awesome!!! We will totally come back. Thanks to these boards, we knew what to expect and for Coloradoans, the weather doesn't feel that bad. Got all of our priority attractions done in every park and then some.

First timers here. These past four days were our first ever at Disney World. And it has been awesome!!! We will totally come back. Thanks to these boards, we knew what to expect and for Coloradoans, the weather doesn't feel that bad. Got all of our priority attractions done in every park and then some.

Good news and even better attitude! You have more patience than me. :goodvibes

You'll be fine. Everything will return to normal on April 8th.

That's what we've found. The farther into April, usually there are smaller crowds unless Easter is on the 12th or something. A couple of years ago, it was April 24th. We arrived on Easter Sunday and we had very short waits.

What is crazy is that you see these long wait time yet there are still FP left for the ride! HELLO!!
Goes to show people don't do their homework before going.

:lmao: That made me laugh because it's so true, but there are times we've skipped getting a FP because we had an ADR or were park hopping and the return times have been HOURS later. That won't be the case for everyone who failed to FP a 120 minute line but it does happen. No ride is worth 120 minutes for me!

At least the strangers weren't sweaty. Too cold, lol!

Haha, that's true! I suppose that would be a minor improvement...

So glad to hear you've had a good time despite the crowds! You are brave souls! :goodvibes

No ride is worth 120 minutes for me!

Me neither! Of course, it's easy to say that when you're a local passholder and not a once-in-a-lifetime vacationer. But I still can't imagine standing in a line that long for any attraction at WDW. I think it would take a meet & greet with Walt's ghost to get me in a line that long :rotfl2:

And then goes to Guest Relations to complain about the crowds. :rolleyes:

Do people seriously do that?! I mean, do they really think Disney would discourage crowds? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

We went back tonight at 8pm and there was a definite improvement in lines. Space was still long but we had FP's that we got before our break. By the end of the night, there were no lines anywhere. ETWB was 5 minutes at midnight. Walked on HM, BTMR, Buzz, Speedway after 11pm. It's nice that they kept the park open until 1am but it's hard to believe it is worth it with the lack of crowds and almost all food areas closed.

We had talked about taking a trip to WDW this week, if we ever found decent airfare. I'm glad we didn't, I would have hated to spend all that money and have everyone be cold and grumpy from lack of sleep.

October is looking better and better.

We were there yesterday from 7am until noon, when it started too gey really crowded. We followed Josh's suggested spring break itinerary and were able to do everything on our list. It was madness at noon though and we were all glad for the break at the hotel at that point.

mesaboy2 said:
Good news and even better attitude! You have more patience than me. :goodvibes

Well, it was thanks to your advice and the advice of other DIS peeps that we knew what to do. Thanks a ton for being on here!!! We leave for Cocoa Beach today and we have had so much fun!!!!!

We did rope drop every day and had a plan of action for the rides. We also had ADRs for each day to give us some chill time. On our MK day, we did EMH rope drop to Wishes, but we took a break back at our hotel in the afternoon. It worked out perfectly!

We would have had no idea about any of that without the info people provide here. Thanks, y'all for being willing to help a newbie out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter