magic kinhdom at phase three again today

Been reading this thread for a couple of days and thought I would throw in my experiences on Wednesday. We entered the pard from the ferry around 8:30. We could tell immediately that it was going to be nuts. Parked in Simba 20 and the tram was nuts! Ferried over ..... It was cold and most souls were waiting in the long line for the monorail. Once in we headed straight to little mermaid with a 10 minute wait. Then we rode dumbo standby with15 minute wait time. I collected two FPs for the barnstormer and dumbo. When my crew got off dumbo the first time we went and greeted Minnie and Daisey under the tent. The wait for that was 10-15 minutes. We walked through the shop that you get emptied into and bought some snacks. Exited and rode the barnstormer and then dumbo again with ourFPs. Wait times we up to 45-60 minutes already. We sent a runner to get FPs for splash during our second dumbo ride and meet up at small world. Wait time was 30 minutes. Standby lines for pooh, Peter Pan were at 60 minutes by this point. After small world our window was open for splash so we used our FPs. We also gathered FPs for jungle cruise prior to riding splash. Once of splash we had about 40 minutes till our ressies at crystal palace at 1:20. Standby times were far exceeding the time we had available for most everything around so we hit the Tiki room. Would have rather hit poc but it wasn't happening with the wait time. After tiki we had lunch and relaxed and enjoyed pooh and friends and the flank steak at crystal palace. Upon leaving we used our jungle cruise FPs. We now met up with some friends in the park gathered FPs for splash later in the day and then bit the bullet and waited 60 minutes for poc. We then used our FPs for splash. We wanted to ride the haunted mansion but decided against it with the 60 minute wait time. We walked to the carousel and rode it. 15 minute wait or so. At that point we decided to head to Main Street. We did make it for a good spot to watch the parade that the name escapes me at the moment. Get loud and party now or something like that. We then shopped in the emporium for 45 minutes or so and left the park close to 8PM. We did well considering the park was crazy full. The most crowded I have ever seen it. Yes, many people were in the park due to the cold at the beaches. We are staying on the gulf coast and drove over for the day. We talked to many people that were filling days due to the cold with non beach activities. It was too crowded to really enjoy after 10:30-11:00 if you werenew to the world. So many people with very little idea of how to accomplish a decent day at the park! I had people ask me how much I paid for the fast passes....I gave a couple of FPs away to a young couple from Europe....and tried to explain to them how it worked. They were wide eyed due to the overwhelming nature of a packed magic kingdom. If you know what you are doing you can still enjoy your day. If not.....well......good luck!

You know, I heard that WDW learned that people expect 10-12 rides at least per day in the parks. If you count character greets, you did it! Great planning. You travel like we do!

Is our recession over? Where have I been? I'm still unemployed and unable to afford a trip, but very happy for those throngs who are back in vacation mode.

Sheriff Woody said:
Is our recession over? Where have I been? I'm still unemployed and unable to afford a trip, but very happy for those throngs who are back in vacation mode.

Thanks. I have been 4 times this year and every time the parks were packed. Had to keep trying to book wishes dessert party and the fishing excursions. Finally got in last minute

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter