magic kinhdom at phase three again today

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by casanova5, Mar 26, 2013.

1. parkhopping

parkhopping DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

Barnstormer has a 100 minute wait! Can you imagine standing in line for nearly 2 hours for a 1 minute ride?? I mean, I know some little kids that love it. But I can't help but imagine older kids or college/adult groups getting off and saying "That was IT?!"

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. SweetMissy

SweetMissy DIS Veteran

I checked the link that was posted and the crowd level is a 5 and a 6 the whole week we're there so I'm assuming all will be good. Mental note...NEVER go around Easter!:thumbsup2

4. casanova5

casanova5 Mouseketeer

Oh i would die big coke drinker here yes i know i should drink water lol

5. River Country

River Country DIS Jedi

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

6. Dallas_Lady

Dallas_Lady I only work for the vacation money

Most of these are not a surprise to me except Jungle Cruise. I never realized it was that popular. And it seems like a high capacity relatively fast loader.

7. bltman

bltman Earning My Ears

8. WorldWacky

WorldWacky DIS Veteran

Here now. I wouldn't have known about the Phase closures either until reading about them here. It IS crazy crowded. Did MK yesterday and this morning. We did really well though by getting here for EMH. The family grumbled, but when we were leaving at 12:30pm for an afternoon nap and people were pouring in, they understood. On Mon. we hit Epcot for RD and went to TestTrack. We waited for20 min. Another family that we spoke with on the bus said they waited for 2 hours and just as they were getting ready to get on the ride, it broke down. The mom said she was surprised there wasn't a riot! Our longest wait has been 25 min for Maelstrom. We have had A LOT of success with our TouringPlans. BTW, Disney's My Disney Experience has not been great. With the parks so crowded, this is when you need to be able to check wait times, but the system can't support the crowds. Keep getting kicked offline or it just keeps "loading" forever. Not helpful AT ALL. Having a great time even though we're a little tired from getting up at 5:30am. And it could be a little warmer. I didn't really plan on driving 23 hours to get here to be bundled up in pants and coats!:goodvibes

9. joanzie72

joanzie72 Mouseketeer

lol:rotfl2:

10. puffkin

puffkin DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

Here now and it really isn't bad at all if you get up and moving. We did Soarin, Test Track (twice), Mission Space, Figment and Living with the Land and 2 trips to Club Cool (DS loves it in there) by noon today before heading out. We got in the park at 9:02 am.

This trip it seems like way more school age kids and first timers. Not nearly as many strollers, scooters and little babies. I notice it the most at the baby changing areas, I never have to wait like on other trips. If you know what you are doing and come prepared its not bad at all. I just wish it was warm enough to swim, which would give us more to do in the afternoons while the baby is napping and would funnel more people out to the resort pools and waterparks. It's really not that bad though.

11. conniehar90

conniehar90 DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if MK is still in Phase 3? How do you find out? We were there this morning and left for a break. Planning to go back after dinner.

As much as the crowds suck, the weather is worse. It is freezing! We were there at 7 am this morning and it was only 6 degrees warmer than Chicago! We packed pants and sweatshirts but not winter gear!

12. Nebraska_Disney

Nebraska_Disney Mouseketeer

Can you imagine all those folks who planned this week for their first ever visit? I wonder how many will never come back based upon the crowds and cool weather? I think Disney should do a better job of letting people know up front what it means to go at busier times.

For those who know, it is not that big of a deal (go early, stay late etc) but for a first timer, it is already overwhelming and ad to the mix what is going on now, it would be stressful if anything.

13. droycro

droycro Mouseketeer

Yes, MK is back open. I found out about the closing and reopening on WDWMagic.com I agree about the cold!! We are also from the Chicago suburbs and sweatshirts and jeans was the warmest thing we packed too.

14. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

That would run counter to their corporate goal. ;)

15. peaches00

peaches00 Mouseketeer

Just checked app for wait times; I cannot believe ...210 minutes for soarin, that's 3 1/2 hours people. Yikes! 200 minutes rrc, 110 minutes tot, 85 minutes for its a small world!! Iasw is ride we go on to get out of the heat. We have been on several 9 days and never seen this...but we do rd. Yikes!!!!

16. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

For a brief period over Christmas break, TT had a 300-minute wait.

17. peaches00

peaches00 Mouseketeer

Just checked app for wait times; I cannot believe ...210 minutes for soarin, that's 3 1/2 hours people. Yikes! 200 minutes rrc, 110 minutes tot, 85 minutes for its a small world!! Iasw is ride we go on to get out of the heat. We have been on several 9 days and never seen this...but we do rd. Yikes!!!!

18. inSTiTCHes

inSTiTCHes Earning My Ears

Is shouldn't be this bad next week right? I know definitely still very crowded but not phase 3 every day right? My first day of parks is 4/3....

19. ryansgirl96

ryansgirl96 Mouseketeer

Geez I hope not... We have back to back MK on Tuesday and Wednesday... Ugghhh I am dreading it!!

20. mcd2745

mcd2745 These Mickey pretzels are making me thirsty!

I hope not also. We'll be in MK Tues & Thurs next week.

Anyone know if this has happened before? Phase 3 closings at MK for 3 straight days outside of Christmas week?

21. lucyem

lucyem DIS Veteran

A couple of years ago Easter fell late in April like next year. We were at WDW the week following Easter which I was told was less busy then the week before and not as busy as a normal Easter week was. It was not too bad as long as you had a plan and made rope drop. We are from the Northeast and usually love our April vacation week because it is after all the spring breaks and Easter.