Magic Kingdom Sketch Swap~Interest Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shipping is aweful from Ottawa. We normally drive to Ogdensburg in order to ship and receive packages for big swaps. Last month I mail a 12 X 12 from Ogdensburg for a swap simular to this one and it cost me about $16 for the same box when I took it to the post office near my home, Canada Post quoted me a little over $60. If you live close to the border it's much better to simply cross border to mail such thing
Ugh, I know shipping is so expensive but I'm kind of resigned to it, as I am not near the border but thanks for the tip!

Looks like lots of fun, love the sketches that were posted. :lovestruc I'm now going to figure out how to unsubscribe to this thread so I don't get depressed.

Our other option is to remove the 8 generic 'land' titles and make 3 each?

Fantasyland
Storybook Circus
Enchanted Forest
Frontierland
Liberty Square
Tomorrowland
Adventureland
Main Street USA

Any preferences?

I apologize... for reading this too quickly earlier... I had several ideas for lands... I would like to keep rides and lands... but I'll go with majority rules...

Rachal, come on and play with the cool kids!!! ;):hyper:

Man, I had several ideas for lands!!! OH my!!!

Ugh, I know shipping is so expensive but I'm kind of resigned to it, as I am not near the border but thanks for the tip!

Looks like lots of fun, love the sketches that were posted. :lovestruc I'm now going to figure out how to unsubscribe to this thread so I don't get depressed.

Don't un-subscribe.. use it for inspiration for your own pages!! I do it all the time! :hug:

even better idea to take out the "lands" LO's, I vote for rides only!

I really liked the idea of having the lands included. I was going to use them as a catch all for extra pictures, But I will go with the majority.

Would you like me to find more or do you think that is enough?

Was thinking about signups. Maybe we should have everyone email their top 10 list ahead of time and give everyone their top choice or couple. Then mix it up with the ones no one has chosen so no one is stuck with 4 or 5 they aren't excited about doing. Or, we could have everyone sign in for their top 3 and then after 48 hours choose again. That way everyone gets some that they are excited about doing and a couple extras? Just a thought.

I was thinking about sign ups also because I know I wouldn't want to be stuck with 4 rides were I would struggle to come up with ideas. My husband is gonna wonder why I am up so early here on the West Coast and when I tell him because I need to sign up for another swap I know he is gonna to roll his eyes!! :sad2:

It's almost we can do a Fantasy Football Draft but with Swap Items!!:banana:

My vote is also to keep the lands in!

Dang, y'all have lists already made and I haven't even looked at the list yet.
I guess I better get my butt in gear!!

What time of day are sign ups? Crap, 8:30?? That's a Thursday so we have morning prayer and then announcements. Why can't she have announcements first so I can leave while they pray?!?! I have swaps to join!

Nan, you might have to sign me up too.

Okay I give...what is "enchanted forest"? It's been almost 3 years since I've been to WDW.

Since it looks like we'll be going with one side glued down are we including background paper for the other side?

Yikes I can't believe so many of you have you list made already :scared1: I better get my tush in gear ;)

Love the sketches that have been posted.

Okay I give...what is "enchanted forest"? It's been almost 3 years since I've been to WDW.

Since it looks like we'll be going with one side glued down are we including background paper for the other side?

Yikes I can't believe so many of you have you list made already :scared1: I better get my tush in gear ;)

Love the sketches that have been posted.

Enchanted forest is I believe where the fairies are now....

You would send background paper and all the supplies precut and ready to go for page 2... we are talking about just not putting the page together so that we can turn the mats and elements if our photo orientation is different...

I vote for lands too. I also love the idea of not gluing down the second page.

Sorry if I tripped you up on the signup suggestion. I just thought that there are lots of "good" rides that are popular and fairly easy to do and everyone will want. Then, there are some that will be a little harder to put together and I didn't want to see the last to sign up get all the stuff no one wants. Looks like everyone has their lists already and it will be a very quick signup.

I'm really sorry. I'm not trying to take over the swap. Please forgive me. :flower3:

OMG, don't be ridiculous! I appreciate the help, I just didn't understand :) (And I'll admit to being somewhat stupid this morning, had to have a fasting blood draw and I'm uncaffeinated - which isn't pretty!).

Enchanted Forest is the area beyond the Castle,

Just beyond the walls of Cinderella Castle lies Enchanted Forest—a captivating area in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom park that's inspired by the popular Disney films The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast.

Here, amid lush landscapes, roaring waterfalls and 2 new castles, you can ride under the sea with a little mermaid, dine in a beast's castle and even join a "beauty" for a retelling of the "tale as old as time."

Beginning December 6, 2012, delight in the following experiences in Enchanted Forest:

More info here.

Fairies were at Pixie Hollow. Looks like they're calling it Tinker Bell's Magical Nook now. That gets into characters though.

I think I'll keep the lands in. We're at 12 (13 if Cheryl joins), so we need 48 titles with 12 people (doing 4 each), or 52 with 13.

I like the lands in... maybe we all get a top 2 pick then a luck of the draw for the other 2 and then some swapping between friends if you are not excited about the 2 mystery draws??

OMG, don't be ridiculous! I appreciate the help, I just didn't understand :) (And I'll admit to being somewhat stupid this morning, had to have a fasting blood draw and I'm uncaffeinated - which isn't pretty!).

Enchanted Forest is the area beyond the Castle,

Just beyond the walls of Cinderella Castle lies Enchanted Forest—a captivating area in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom park that's inspired by the popular Disney films The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast.

Here, amid lush landscapes, roaring waterfalls and 2 new castles, you can ride under the sea with a little mermaid, dine in a beast's castle and even join a "beauty" for a retelling of the "tale as old as time."

Beginning December 6, 2012, delight in the following experiences in Enchanted Forest:

More info here.

Fairies were at Pixie Hollow. Looks like they're calling it Tinker Bell's Magical Nook now. That gets into characters though.

I think I'll keep the lands in. We're at 12 (13 if Cheryl joins), so we need 48 titles with 12 people (doing 4 each), or 52 with 13.

thanks for clarification... I was working on no caffeine this morning too so I know how you feel!!! :hug:

I'd have to research enchante forest for photos so I could even get an idea of how proceed with it..

Thanks for the info about the enchanted forest.

It looks like I'll need to sit this swap out :( My doctor thinks there is sinus surgery in my near future and the first time I had sinus surgery my recovery was rough.

Thanks for the info about the enchanted forest.

It looks like I'll need to sit this swap out :( My doctor thinks there is sinus surgery in my near future and the first time I had sinus surgery my recovery was rough.

I'm sorry to hear that :( I posted in the daily thread, mine wasn't so bad. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter