• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Losing Pounds or Losing My Mind for Disney 05/2016 PTR

I'm here! :wave:I go by Tortilla

I'm looking to lose about 10-20 lbs by Memorial Day so I'm joining in the journey. My problem is I can eat healthy but I sabotage myself by hating working out. Loathe it. I have found a type of exercise I enjoy but it's 45 minutes away so I don't go often. I also enjoy drinking on the weekend so I'm trying to cut back on my "going out" but it's hard considering I'm still young and child-less lol. In case this helps anyone, I'll post my typical meals (I am by no means a picky eater though). I find the key is meal prep. When I prep food for the week, I'm much less likely to go out and eat something bad. I usually pick 3-4 hot meals to cook for the week and always make sure one of those meals at least is a crockpot meal - I do it all on Sunday or Monday but just do it whenever you have a free day. Then I portion out everything into tupperwares so I can grab and go.

BREAKFAST:
Chobani Flip yogurt (the Key Lime pie is AMAZING... I also use these as a desert)
Hard boiled eggs
Chia pudding
Scrambled eggs w cheese, hot sauce, avocado and sautéed onions... in a Flatout wrap

LUNCH:
Chipotle Chicken (Boar's Head) Wrap on Flatout with light mayo, mustard, banana peppers, lettuce
BLT salad
Dinner leftovers (this is usually what I go for as it's already been prepped on Sunday or Monday)
Soup
Trader Joe's wontons/gyoza/potstickers

DINNER:
I get some of the BEST recipes from SkinnyTaste - and she calculates points FOR you. I recommend:
Shepherd's Pie (HUGE portion!)
Sesame Honey Chicken (one of my favorites - I serve with brown rice or cauliflower rice (which tastes great btw) which both come frozen at Trader Joe's)
Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins (also a favorite and you can used any cooked pulled chicken. doesn't need a crockpot - also my lunch today)
Buffalo chicken and bean chili (huuuuge fan of buffalo sauce)
Chicken Ropa Vieja (a great chicken option for taco night - I try to eat mine in lettuce cups but the boyfriend likes tortillas)
Spicy Shrimp Stacks (you have to like sushi but gosh these are good!)
Eggplant pizza bites (I bake eggplant slices until they're crispy and top w tomato sauce and cheese, also works with zucchini)

SNACKS/SIDES:
To-go cups of little pickles
100 cal pack pretzels (or portion them out yourself from a big bag)
Grapes
Vinegar based coleslaw
Birds Eye Steamfresh Flavor veggies - they make a broccoli ranch and buffalo cauliflower
Microwaved sweet potato with a pad of butter and sprinkle of light brown sugar
Apple and peanut butter
Flavored almonds (these are addicting so I have to be careful)

Anyone else have recipes or food tips to share?:thumbsup2

Okay - I am coming out of lurkdom to check in. My name is Shelley. I would like to lose 10 pounds by April 30th. ( our departure day) A high goal, I know, especially since I loathe exercise, and I have an autoimmune condition that really limits my diet. Only veggies.I can have are.carrots,green beans,potatoes and sweet potatoes, all.cooked.very well. The only fruits are apples.and.blueberries, and only proteins are chicken, fish , eggs and peanut butter. The problem is - carbs - I can tolerate them.very well. I also have a terrible sweet tooth. ANY help and advice and support is welcome. I didn't mean to hijack your thread, o p - my apologies. I'm really enjoying your p t r!

I'm here! :wave:I go by Tortilla

I'm looking to lose about 10-20 lbs by Memorial Day so I'm joining in the journey. My problem is I can eat healthy but I sabotage myself by hating working out. Loathe it. I have found a type of exercise I enjoy but it's 45 minutes away so I don't go often. I also enjoy drinking on the weekend so I'm trying to cut back on my "going out" but it's hard considering I'm still young and child-less lol. In case this helps anyone, I'll post my typical meals (I am by no means a picky eater though). I find the key is meal prep. When I prep food for the week, I'm much less likely to go out and eat something bad. I usually pick 3-4 hot meals to cook for the week and always make sure one of those meals at least is a crockpot meal - I do it all on Sunday or Monday but just do it whenever you have a free day. Then I portion out everything into tupperwares so I can grab and go.
Anyone else have recipes or food tips to share?:thumbsup2

Oh, Tortilla, thanks for sharing some of your favorite foods! I'm sure that's going to be really helpful for us all! And welcome to my little PTR that has morphed into more of a sharing group. Hey, I'm all for it!! :welcome:As for me, I'm going to really start working hard on this losing weight stuff. I had some medical issues in February and I really lost track of everything. Finally here in Maine it's starting to warm up, so I can start walking my doggie. Have I shown a picture of my doggie in this ptr yet? I don't think so, here she is......

My old girl is 10 now, but she's still very playful! I love her to death!!

So yes, back to healthy eating on Monday! Yep, I'm giving myself the weekend to get back on track. :rolleyes2

Okay - I am coming out of lurkdom to check in. My name is Shelley. I would like to lose 10 pounds by April 30th. ( our departure day) A high goal, I know, especially since I loathe exercise, and I have an autoimmune condition that really limits my diet. Only veggies.I can have are.carrots,green beans,potatoes and sweet potatoes, all.cooked.very well. The only fruits are apples.and.blueberries, and only proteins are chicken, fish , eggs and peanut butter. The problem is - carbs - I can tolerate them.very well. I also have a terrible sweet tooth. ANY help and advice and support is welcome. I didn't mean to hijack your thread, o p - my apologies. I'm really enjoying your p t r!

Hi Snowwhitesmom!!! Thanks for joining the party!!:Pinkbounc:dance3:I think 10 lbs by April 30th is very reasonable. I'm sorry about your condition and isn't it always the way that you can tolerate what is the worst thing for you? I remember when I had the lap band in I could eat potato chips like there was no tomorrow, but yet when I tried to eat something healthy, forget about it. It didn't stay in me for long! :sick: You actually like a lot more things than I do. Too funny. I'm wicked (yeah, from Maine here) picky about what I eat. You would think I'd be thin! Please don't ever feel bad for highjacking the thread. I'm just glad it seems that we are all here to help each other. And I have people listening to me blab and blab!! LOL!

Hi everyone!! It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday!! LOL! :moped:Can you believe it -- I'm at 63 DAYS UNTIL DISNEY!!! Monday is my 60 day fp and online check in day. OMG!! I'm kind of torn on whether or not to fp the Frozen girls. We've seen them twice now and do I really want to see them again? Well, I still have scrapbook paper for them and would really hate to not use it (yes, I take pics to match my scrapbooking needs!) but then again, if I can use that fp for something else, why not? I know we want to fp Space Mtn, BTMRR, and Splash and we do have 2 days in MK....oh Haunted Mansion!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that ride!:love: I wonder since the Frozen ride in Epcot is supposed to be open when we are there, if they will have the Elsa & Anna meet in Epcot, too. That would be good as I only really need a fp for Test Track in Epcot so I would be able to fp them in Epcot. I'll have to do more research on that one. I better get to it! We don't usually fp anything in AK as my family doesn't stay in AK much longer after our breakfast at Tusker House. Me? I could stay at AK all day long and not tire of it. Last year Victoria and I did single rider for EE and it was fine. Dinosaur is usually a walk on. Then we head over to HS for the rest of the day. I know I will definitely fp ToT and RnR!!! No brainer on those. As for the 3rd? I dont' know. :confused3 Maybe Star Tours? Anyone have any suggestions? I have to remember that this is NOT September and there will be longer lines than we are used to so I need to be prepared! Truth be known, I am very nervous about the crowds. I'm planning on being a rope dropper for this trip, but we never seem to make it. ugh! I just hope no one (including me) gets frustrated with the crowds. Oh, did you guys here that Disney is rolling out their plan to let us do the 4th, 5th etc fast passes off the app?? YAY!!! :cool1: I thought those kiosks were so inconvenient! That's one change I'm going to love! We have 2 chargers that we are taking with us so that the phones don't die in the parks.

I have news!!! :scared1: There will be another Disney trip shortly after this one I'm talking about in May! Now, I have to explain how this all happened......Victoria loves concerts. We all know this. She wanted to go see Halsey in Boston this summer. If we go to Boston that means round trip bus tickets $120, hotel room $150, meals $100 and Halsey tickets $150. So you are looking at $520 for an overnight trip. Ok....but my mind got to thinking about how we have annual passes that don't expire until September, we have a TiW card that doesn't expire until September and we have 2 free one-way airline tickets with Southwest due to having enough points. I kept thinking what a shame it would be to waste that, especially the annual passes!! (ok, so the airline points don't expire, but anyways.....) I thought we could possibly make a Halsey concert in Orlando into a Disney trip!! Yeah, that would be doable....maybe..... so I started looking into it. The first thing we did was to make sure that we could get the Halsey tickets ---- done. Victoria researched the hotels near the venue (the University of Central Florida) and found a Doubletree by Hilton for a reasonable price so we are staying there on July 6th --- the day of the concert. Then we are going to transfer to a hotel closer to Disney. (UCF is a 40 minute drive). Orbitz had the Swan on sale for $99 per night, but the dates I needed were all sold out! Then I looked into the Hilton by Disney Springs --- also $99 per night, also sold out for my dates. Grrrrr.....I was then looking at the hotels on Hotel Blvd at Disney Springs --- prices were about $150 - $175. Ok.....but then Victoria states she wants to be on Disney property and it's not Disney unless we are on Disney property (SNOB!!). I then started looking at the Value resorts. Miss Snob spoke up and said, nope...no hot tub, not going. Geez kid!!!:rolleyes: Oh, pardon me, she's an adult now (cough, laugh)! But our stay at Pop was less than fantastic so I kind of agree with her. But man, those prices!!! Regardless of what it's going to be, it's going on the credit card because there is just no way I can save that much money between our trip in May and a trip in July! We were both thinking about our favorite resort and best trip ever and made a decision based on that. What's even better???? There's a summer special for Annual Passholders where we get 35% off rack rate for the room.....ok, this is looking better......so where are we staying????paw:paw:paw:paw:paw:paw:paw:paw:paw:

no......

nope.......

Yep!!!!!! Coronado Springs!!! And not only that, I booked us in the Business Class so we get to eat in the BC lounge for breakfast and snacks!! And it's a guaranteed room placement. We stayed here in 2014 and absolutely loved it!!!! The AP rate is $202 per night and we are staying only 6 nights, so it's doable. OMG!!! I can't believe we're doing this.

Oh, you may be wondering why I haven't mentioned Peter ----- he's not coming. Victoria wanted it to be just her and I and Peter honestly doesn't want to take more time off his new job. Ok. Fine. Oh, let it be known that he doesn't think this is a financially good decision on my part, but oh well. Our money is seperate and if I want to charge it on MY credit card, I have that right! Don't get me wrong, it's going to be a tight budget to pay the card off, but it's worth it to me. Sometimes Victoria and I need a referee and Peter's it, but we'll be fine. I think Victoria is trying to hold on to her childhood just a little bit longer! LOL!

so, yeah!!! 2 trips within a 3 month period!!!! YAY!!!!

I found your report thanks to the tip off! And caught up over lunch!

Exciting news about the trip(s)!!! You can't get those moments back with your girl. So even if it means putting it on the CC for a bit- I'd say go for it too!

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck on FP+ day!
In terms of the crowds ... yes, it will be more crowded than September, but I think that if you go in knowing that the lines will be longer and being okay with the fact that you might not get as much done, you'll be fine.

And yay for another trip at Coronado Springs!! This will probably be the last trip that you take with Victoria as a child (even though she's a full-blown adult, she's still kind of a child while she's in school), and I think it's awesome that it will be a girls-only trip. Yes, it's hard to work out the financials sometimes, but if you can find a way to make it work, the memories will be worth it!

I enjoy designing magic band covers (stickers) and just wanted to share with you.....

Yeah, when I have time on my hands....LOL!!!
THESE ARE AWESOME! How do you do that!? I would love Evil Queen ones - but I am terribly tech challenged. I have been uber neglectful of my eating and exercising. Hopping back on to this thread to get motivated. Thank you for making me feel so welcome!

THESE ARE AWESOME! How do you do that!? I would love Evil Queen ones - but I am terribly tech challenged. I have been uber neglectful of my eating and exercising. Hopping back on to this thread to get motivated. Thank you for making me feel so welcome!

Would you like this one?? I could mail it to you. Free!!!! I have a template in Photoshop Elements.

So, Hi everyone.....it's been a bit of time now hasn't it?! My 60 day fast pass window and online check in has come and gone without any hitches at all. I am now at Day 46!!! 46 more days until I can hear "welcome home!". I just can't wait!!!! You are probably wondering about my weight loss.......I was not very sucessful this time. Life kept throwing me curve balls that I just couldn't manuver around. OH, it will continue to be an ongoing struggle as I can never just chuck it all out the window with my diabetes, but I just can't seem to lose the big poundage I want to. Someday I will......

Good news is all that abdominal pain I was in and went to the ER for seems to have gone for good. Good riddance! It's nice not to feel horrible! I think I'm starting to get a cold, though, as my head is stuffed! I can handle a cold, though.

I haven't done any major shopping for the trip, but I did find a really cute vintage Star Wars tee that I will be wearing for our HS day! I was able to find it at Kohl's on clearence for $10! Score!! Yeah, I haven't taken a picture of it yet, so I can't show you. I can't even find it online right now. Grrr! It's cute. Trust me! I also bought a red t-shirt at Goodwill and used my Cricuit to cut white palm leaves out of it so it looks like Lilo's dress. I'll be wearing that for my O'Hana breakfast. So excited!!! Would you believe Peter is already packed? Well, except for his underpants and socks. He was going through his t-shirts and picked out his Disney ones (I've made him quite a few over the years!) and put them aside. He figured he might as well pack them! Funny man!

Let me tell you a little bit of the plans. Of course a day before we leave, we will be bringing Miss Cutie girl to doggie daycare for her week long stay. She loves it over there and she behaved quite well last time, so I'm glad to see her go back. As for the rest of my menagerie, I have one of my friends come over to take care of them all. Did I ever tell you guys about my menagerie? Ok, 1 dog, 2 cats, 2 guinea pigs, 1 hamster, 5 rabbits (one of them is a new female I got at the livestock swap on Saturday) and about 40 or so chickens. Yep, I like pets!!! Our chickens are egg layers, but I know I've told you that before! We are leaving on Friday the 13th (DON'T COMMENT) at 5:45am. That means leaving our house at 3pm just to make sure we have enough time to park, etc. Ugh! We fly Southwest and we will be landing in Baltimore and will then be in Orlando by 11:40am!! I've been watching Southwest flight prices and they have never gone down since I booked them. How come my route can't be one of those $69 one way fare sales?? Never happens! OH well.

I figure we will probably be at Old Key West by 2pm, courteousy of Magical Express. Peter thinks that is awesome how you don't have to bring your luggage yourself. Ok, buddy. Yeah, it's cool. After finding our room, we will be heading to Disney Springs for lupper (lunch/supper). I definitely want to go by boat!!! It's exciting to know OKW has boat transportation to Disney Springs just like POR!! We plan on eating at Wolfgank Puck's and then going over to Guest Relations to make sure the photopass can be added to my annual pass with just a small upgrade fee. Hopefully everything that day goes smoothly!!!!

46 days!!! Wow, your trip is coming up so soon!

I totally get the weight loss struggles. I've gained 10 lbs in the past two months because of various crap that just makes me want to eat. It's such a struggle, but you just have to keep trying.
I'm glad your abdominal pain is gone, and I hope you can recover from the cold quickly!

How is Peter already packed 7 weeks before the trip? That's craziness! And I want to see a picture of your shirt for Ohana - it sounds awesome!

I'm with Peter on Magical Express ... not having to grab my luggage from baggage claim is one of the best parts! I want to drop it off in NY and not have to deal with it again until it's time to unpack.

I love the word "lupper" ... I may have to steal that one!

I love your shirts! That Lilo shirt is too cute!! Penelope is a doll. I have had 3 bunnies myself. 2 Lionheads and a Netherland Dwarf. They've all passed now; my last one in November. :(. I have 2 cats to cuddle though. Sorry to hear the weightloss isn't going as well as you want. Mine isn't either. I'm still at 11 pounds. Trying to get on it this week again.

I love your dog's Mike Wazowski tag! And your Ohana shirt is super cute!

I approve of your Coronado Springs choice, we love it there, such pretty grounds and definitely a big step up from the values. My Disney obsession has only been growing the older I get, I am sure you will have so many more magical trips with your daughter. Plus my mom now appreciates that I can help chip in and pay for some of the extra stuff on trips so we get to take even more trips!

You are so talented! The LILO shirt is beyond cute! I hear ya about the weight loss blues ....... But hey! We're going to DISNEY! Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter