Losing Pounds or Losing My Mind for Disney 05/2016 PTR

Hi!! I disappeared for a bit but I'm back!! Our vacations are both SO CLOSE!
What’s up?? Me? Oh I’m down another 2 lbs for this week, so that’s now a total of 4lbs.
HOORAY!!!! Don't they say the first few pounds are the hardest to lose?? Well, you did it!
I love this page!!! This is one of the best memories of the trip. We were at 1900 Park Fare and once Cinderella and Prince Charming finished their waltz, Prince came over and asked my Mom to dance. OMG!! This was amazing! She looked so happy and it was so awesome to watch her. I hadn’t seen her dance since my dad died. Truly magical!
This is truly precious. What a wonderful memory!
This is the day that Mom came off the monorail and some little puke kid ran in front of her and made her trip. The family didn’t even stop to see if she was ok. I was sooooooo pissed!!! What a mess of a day that was, but being the good little scrapbooker, I got it on film!
Oh my...hey looking back you will all be laughing about it..right? :confused3:rotfl:
I also wanted to share some photos I got off the internet of Old Key West……so beautiful. I’m really glad I let our wait list go for AKL. I’m very excited to stay here and I think I’m really going to love the “beach” theme of the resort!!
Wow OKW is beautiful! That's one of those resorts I've never actually seen pictures of. I'm glad I have now!

OKWtips1.jpg
Mickey slide opening!! LOVE this!

100 days from today!!! :dogdance:pixiedust::yay::dogdance:
YAAAY!!!!! :blush:
Yep, 6 whole dollars!!! And I had my 10% discount card so it ended up being $5.70!! I brought it home, wiped it all over with the Lysol wipes and it is ready for packing. Oh, I’ve got to put a luggage tag on it, but still it’s ready. Here it is…..cute, huh??
party: It doesn't get much better than that!!!
So, how is everyone doing?? The thread is awfully quiet right now? Everyone just plan sick of winter yet?? Hope to hear from you all soon!! :surfweb: :coffee:
Just when we thought we were going to slide by winter with only a little snow...BAM! Snow storm! We're currently in the middle of winter storm Lexi. Considering we broke records last winter...we're hoping this winter gives us a break! :beach: but who am I kidding!

Ok, goal for this week ---- drink one sparkling water instead of one Diet Coke.....anyone with me???

I am so glad to hear that the thread is helping you out already, Michele!! I did start reading your last TR, but haven't gotten very far yet. So far, it's awesome!! I can tell you are from the Midwest ---- you say pop, I say soda. It's so funny how different regions of the same country have different words. Keep up the good work!!:yay:

Yes, I will take your challenge and trade one sparkling water for one Diet Coke! Is it bad that I am making this pledge as I sit here at lunch at work drinking my Diet Coke? :drinking1:

It is funny how different regions say different things. My hubby is from southern Illinois, and I am from central Illinois yet even we too say different things. I say pop and he calls it sody pop! Not, soda pop, but sody pop. I am not sure if I am spelling it correctly.

My cousins who live in the Deep South in South Carolina call all soda beverages - Coke! It makes it confusing when you are at a restaurant and the waitress or waiter asks you want you want to drink. They will even say, "What type of Coke do you want? Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Seven Up, Coke?" It is pretty funny.

Ann! I found your latest report. All because you commented on another TR I am following. Sorry I am late getting to the party.

I wish I could do the DVC. Someday I will. Old Key West and Saratoga Springs are the ones I look at.

Hard to believe Victoria is 18. Time just keeps going.

I need to lose weight too. I haven't joined weight watchers but have been considering it. I have a Disneyland trip planned for end of June. Would love to be down 20 pounds by then. Still far from ideal weight but better than where I am now. Weekends derail me.

Now that I found your ptr I will be following along.

Just like OregonMom, I have often thought that if I ever, ever get the chance to try out a DVC I would pick Old Key West first. Just looks so beautiful, tropical and relaxing! I think you will be glad you switched. And this way you can plan ahead with your plans accordingly.

I do hope your hubby gets to join you on the trip!

Fantastic news about your loss! Keep it up.

I adore the scrapbook page of your mother dancing with Prince Charming! Her smile says it all! She looks so regal and graceful dancing! What fun that must have been to watch her.

Congrats on your weight-loss! And... OKW looks beautiful! I don't think I've ever read much about that resort but it looks lovely. Maybe some day we can stay somewhere not-a-value... but for now I am quite happy with AOA!

I'm slowly trucking away on my weight loss plan, down 5 pounds since January 1st (so essentially lost just what I gained over the holidays...) but I have plenty of time left before the trip and just came back from my lunch break, which I spent on the treadmill! 2.8 miles in 32 minutes.

Love your pictures, especially your mom and Prince Charming! Congrats on the 2# drop!! I lost .6 this week for a total of 7.6.

Hello!!! Thank you for the compliment!! That time with Prince Charming was so special. I'm glad I got it on film!

Ann! I found your latest report. All because you commented on another TR I am following. Sorry I am late getting to the party. I wish I could do the DVC. Someday I will. Old Key West and Saratoga Springs are the ones I look at. Hard to believe Victoria is 18. Time just keeps going. I need to lose weight too. I haven't joined weight watchers but have been considering it. I have a Disneyland trip planned for end of June. Would love to be down 20 pounds by then. Still far from ideal weight but better than where I am now. Weekends derail me.
Now that I found your ptr I will be following along.

I was hoping my comment on the other tr would get you over here!! Hi Shannon!!!! :wave2: You are NEVER late to one of my parties so don't even worry about it!! I know it's hard to believe Victoria is 18 ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!!! I just can't imagine. Hopefully things won't change too much. She is changing her name to Peter's last name, so that will be different. I want to share something she wrote on her fb page:

Currently, to everyone I know, I'm Victoria Goodrich. I have always been Victoria Goodrich. It was the name given to me at birth, and up until I was a pre-teen, I had no problem with it. My last name is my biological father's family name. My mother's last name is Doyon. For this to make more sense, to anyone not aware, my parents got divorced when I was 5 years old. I have always lived with my mother and her family since the divorce, making me much closer to them. There are more reasons why I'm closer to them, however. The main one being the way my father treated my mother. Writing this now, I'm aware that him and the rest of his family can and will see this. I have no regret doing this. It's been a long time coming. Over the years, since I was 5, I've been put through hell and back. I've been made out to feel never good enough, and never important enough. I've been yelled at and treated like ****. And I'm sick of it. I'm sick of putting myself through it. I'm sick of pretending like I love being a "Goodrich". The truth is, I've never been a Goodrich. I've never wanted to be one. My heart lies elsewhere, in a place that I've never been treated poorly. And no, I'm not talking about the Doyon family. Although they have never hurt me. In 2009, a man named Peter Melancon came into my mother's life, as well as mine. They fell in love faster than I have ever seen two people fall in love. In 2010, when they got married, I had already started seeing Peter as a father figure. That man has turned my life around. He has never treated me badly, and has always loved me. He is my true father, in my heart, regardless of biology. And this is why, when I turn 18 on February 18th, I'm changing my last name. I'm changing it to what it should've always been, if my mother would've only been that lucky. And that name is Melancon. In 26 days, I'll be Victoria Ann Melancon. The name that's been haunting me since I was 12 years old will no longer be a part of me. I've been waiting my entire life for this, and I'm finally going to be able to be someone I'm not ashamed of. I'm changing my name on Facebook, almost a month early, because I'm ready to announce this. I'm ready to change my life forever.

Isn't that just amazing......my little girl......

Congrats on the 2 lbs! That's so awesome! I love that Prince Charming asked your mom to dance - that's awesome!! Those OKW pictures are beautiful! I don't know if I've ever seen pictures of OKW, but it looks like an amazingly beautiful place to stay!

Thanks Sarah!! I think OKW is going to be just perfect!! :love:

Hi!! I disappeared for a bit but I'm back!! Our vacations are both SO CLOSE! HOORAY!!!! Don't they say the first few pounds are the hardest to lose?? Well, you did it! This is truly precious. What a wonderful memory! Oh my...hey looking back you will all be laughing about it..right? :confused3:rotfl:Wow OKW is beautiful! That's one of those resorts I've never actually seen pictures of. I'm glad I have now!
Mickey slide opening!! LOVE this! YAAAY!!!!! :blush:party: It doesn't get much better than that!!! Just when we thought we were going to slide by winter with only a little snow...BAM! Snow storm! We're currently in the middle of winter storm Lexi. Considering we broke records last winter...we're hoping this winter gives us a break! :beach: but who am I kidding!

Well, there's my long lost buddy Sarah!! Hope everything is ok. I was also thinking it was going to be a nice mild end of the winter.... yeah, not so much. Temps will be below zero at night here this weekend. Ugh! At least snow is still under the average amounts. A work contact I have in Florida keeps asking me to move down there and work with her doing the same work I do here. Yeah, we're not ready to pack up everything and head south for more than just a vacation yet.

Yes, I will take your challenge and trade one sparkling water for one Diet Coke! Is it bad that I am making this pledge as I sit here at lunch at work drinking my Diet Coke? :drinking1: It is funny how different regions say different things. My hubby is from southern Illinois, and I am from central Illinois yet even we too say different things. I say pop and he calls it sody pop! Not, soda pop, but sody pop. I am not sure if I am spelling it correctly.
My cousins who live in the Deep South in South Carolina call all soda beverages - Coke! It makes it confusing when you are at a restaurant and the waitress or waiter asks you want you want to drink. They will even say, "What type of Coke do you want? Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Seven Up, Coke?" It is pretty funny. Just like OregonMom, I have often thought that if I ever, ever get the chance to try out a DVC I would pick Old Key West first. Just looks so beautiful, tropical and relaxing! I think you will be glad you switched. And this way you can plan ahead with your plans accordingly. I do hope your hubby gets to join you on the trip! Fantastic news about your loss! Keep it up. I adore the scrapbook page of your mother dancing with Prince Charming! Her smile says it all! She looks so regal and graceful dancing! What fun that must have been to watch her.

As for my weight loss....um, I celebrated Mardi Gras! There, I said it. So no scale until Monday. I'll let you guys know then. Hopefully I will have maintained and not gained. And I did not drink my sparkling water. Ugh, I really have to. It's one little tiney whiney water. Ok. I promise TONIGHT!!! I will drink one tonight!!! It is funny how different regions say different things.

Congrats on your weight-loss! And... OKW looks beautiful! I don't think I've ever read much about that resort but it looks lovely. Maybe some day we can stay somewhere not-a-value... but for now I am quite happy with AOA! I'm slowly trucking away on my weight loss plan, down 5 pounds since January 1st (so essentially lost just what I gained over the holidays...) but I have plenty of time left before the trip and just came back from my lunch break, which I spent on the treadmill! 2.8 miles in 32 minutes.

Would you believe that I really, really want to stay at AoA??? I really do!! Maybe someday when/if I ever go on a cash vacation. Down 5lbs....yahoooooooooo!!!! Keep on plugging away! Great job on the treadmill as well!!! Awesome job! :drive:

Congrats on your weight loss. Keep it up!!

thanks!!!

Hope everyone is still doing great here! I weighed in last night and lost 2 pounds for a total of 9.6. :)

YES!!! Awesome job!!! OMG so very proud of you!!! :worship:

Last edited:
ive been on WW for over a year. I got to my goal weight then ... I blew it. I have stayed but the past couple of months Ive been fighting the same 5 lbs. Because of the new program Ive decided to get back on track and actually DO the program.
In 2 weeks I am down 7lbs. I weigh in tomorrow. Hopefully I will be pleased.

Awww Victoria's facebook post is so grown up! How special that you found a man who treats your daughter how she should be treated! Peter sounds like a wonderful man! You must both be so proud of her :love: In other news...the weather is purely winter lately but before we know it it'll be March! Which means Fastpass time!

like your comments about Diet drinks -

I too have stopped drinking them since they are very high in sodium.

I've lost 22 lbs....
wanting 10 to 20 more -party:

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:wave2:

Sorry I've been MIA guys......lots and lots going on with it ending up with me in the ER! :crazy2: Ugh! Let's just say I am ok and starting to feel much better. I've missed a bit of work, so I'm trying to play catch up and with all the phone calls I've taken and returned, let's just say I'm not being very successful today. My weight is also back up to the original start point. Ugh! It's ok....I'm just plugging along. :fish:Never give up! Won't give up!

Updates on Disney news:
Peter's vacation from Lowe's has been granted and he will be able to come with us! Yay! He really seems to enjoy his new job and I get to see a less-stressed husband for longer periods of time now. No being on-call or working out in the cold for him. It's wonderful. And he only has to drive for 15 minutes to get to work versus the hour it used to take him. He's also home for lunch or dinner depending what schedule he's working, so that's awesome!!

We did take some time on February 18th to go to Probate Court for Victoria to officially change her name. She's filled out the paperwork and I've paid the document fee, so on or about March 13th we should be receiving the court document changing her name. Then will come the fun part of going to Social Security and BMV. The rest of it, she can do on her own. Oh, I will have to contact the airline too and have her ticket changed. We are having the new birth certificate made up as well. Lots and lots to do.

I just received the paperwork today for the addition of my name to the DVC contract. :worship: There are still more steps to do, but it's falling into place. I now need to have the new Deed recorded and pay that recording fee. Nothing is free in this world, is it? But it will all be worth it in the end.

March is tomorrow!!! :sail:That means in 14 days I am able to do fast passes as well as online checkin. I did call Member Services and requested Building 62 due to the elevator. Not all of the buildings have an elevator and with Peter's foot issues and my back, it's best not to go up and down the stairs too often. As you all know, those are just requests and not guaranteed, so let's see what happens.

Sorry to hear you were in the ER, but glad you are on the mend!! DH just had a visit to the ER as well, recently. No fun. (He is also on the mend, though!)

Great news that your man can go with you! That is awesome!

It's 14 days for us to make FP reservations as well!!

ER ... oh no! I'm glad to hear that you're okay.

Yay for Peter enjoying his new job! It's always nice to have some job stress lifted.

I'm really in awe of what Victoria is doing. Your name is a big part of who you are, and for her to have the courage to pick the name that means more to her and leave the last 18 years behind is so amazing!!

Almost FP+ time - your trip is coming up so soon!!!!

ive been on WW for over a year. I got to my goal weight then ... I blew it. I have stayed but the past couple of months Ive been fighting the same 5 lbs. Because of the new program Ive decided to get back on track and actually DO the program.
In 2 weeks I am down 7lbs. I weigh in tomorrow. Hopefully I will be pleased.

That is an amazing result!!! 7lbs in 2 weeks??!! AWESOME!!!!! :banana:

Awww Victoria's facebook post is so grown up! How special that you found a man who treats your daughter how she should be treated! Peter sounds like a wonderful man! You must both be so proud of her :love: In other news...the weather is purely winter lately but before we know it it'll be March! Which means Fastpass time!

Yes, we are so proud of Miss Victoria. She has grown into quite the young woman. Now if she could only pick a major, but she has time. She keeps flip flopping, so who knows. I told her to just follow her dreams.

like your comments about Diet drinks - I too have stopped drinking them since they are very high in sodium. I've lost 22 lbs...wanting 10 to 20 more -party:

I still cannot give up my soda. I love my Diet Coke. I'm so proud of you for your 22lbs! That's great!!! Are you doing a program like Weight Watchers or just cutting back?

Sorry to hear you were in the ER, but glad you are on the mend!! DH just had a visit to the ER as well, recently. No fun. (He is also on the mend, though!) Great news that your man can go with you! That is awesome! It's 14 days for us to make FP reservations as well!!

Oh, it is what it is, I suppose. At least I've now had both a CAT scan and ultrasound so I can clearly see there are no tumors or anything suspicious. Once a cancer patient, I always think the ache or pain is a possible tumor so it really sucks sometimes. But I'm feeling much better now. They did find degenerative disc disease in my lower back, but I've had back issues all my life, so that wasn't surprising. Just something I have to live with. It's been a rough February and I'm very happy to see the First of March!!! :Pinkbounc

ER ... oh no! I'm glad to hear that you're okay. Yay for Peter enjoying his new job! It's always nice to have some job stress lifted. I'm really in awe of what Victoria is doing. Your name is a big part of who you are, and for her to have the courage to pick the name that means more to her and leave the last 18 years behind is so amazing!!

Almost FP+ time - your trip is coming up so soon!!!!

Thanks Sarah! Yeah, Victoria can be impressive sometimes.....(and sometimes a real pain in the watookus!!! :lmao:) but we love her! I cannot wait to get the actual paperwork to get her new social secrurity card, state id, etc. She's already changed her name on Facebook and let's face it, isn't that the most important thing?? OMG I cannot believe fastpass time is coming right up. I know I'll probably end up chosing the same things, but I still should look at the schedule and decide. Not knowing how May is for crowds is tough, but I'm sure we'll be fine. I don't mind waiting in lines as long as they are 45 minutes or under! The must-do's are Space Mountain, BTMRR, and Splash Mtn, but they may or may not need FP's. Soarin is out for EPCOT, so those biggies will be the Frozen ride (rumored to open May 1), Test Track and Living with the Land. Again, not sure what will need FP's, although Frozen and TT will probably need one. At HS we always FP Tower of Terror and Rock n Rollercoaster. Other than those two, I can't think of anything else that we'll need a FP for, so who knows. I'll pick something. That's what I have so far.

Speaking of my rough February, I do have to report that Victoria is back on her Prozac and is into counseling. It had been a whole year since she was on her meds and I thought she was going well, but she reported to her PCP that she was having trouble sleeping and was having dark thoughts......not suicidal, but thinking that something is going to happen to her or us and really being anxious about it. I didn't realize this was going on until I went to the doctor's with her. The PCP states it may possibly be the stress of deciding on colleges and her future manifesting itself into these weird thoughts and sleepless nights. She is back seeing her old counselor who she gets along great with. Victoria questions her sexuality, too, and wants to find out what it is. I keep telling her that until she meets someone that she wants to build a relationship with, she won't be able to truly tell. I think she will fall in love with the person, not their gender. She's so concerned about disappointing me because I'm very traditional and conservative, but I keep telling her I just want her to be happy and I will fully accept whoever she is. I always have. She hasn't really dated in high school. She has a group of friends which includes both boys and girls that she hangs with. She has gone to the dance with a boy and has had a couple of relationships --- very casual ---- with boys. I just don't see this as a big deal, but that's another thing that has her anxiety up. Poor thing. I just wish I could make everything all better for her, but she's gotta do these things on her own. Ah, a mother's love.....doesn't get easier, does it?

Sorry to hear you had a very eventful February but glad things are looking up! Spring will be here soon but more importantly Fastpass Plus Picks!! My weight loss is going slow but I'm still working at it. 10.2 so far...

I'm sorry to hear that Victoria is suffering, but I'm really glad that she's getting some help and that you're being supportive. Hopefully with time things will get a little better.

Ugh! It's ok....I'm just plugging along. :fish:Never give up! Won't give up!
That's the spirit! Honestly keeping positive is half the battle!
Sorry I've been MIA guys......lots and lots going on with it ending up with me in the ER! :crazy2: Ugh! Let's just say I am ok and starting to feel much better.
Oh no! This winter is beating us all up! I've been getting sick a lot more lately also, however nothing serious. My mom is slowly getting over pneumonia, and everyone has been under the weather here and there. Time to get healthy!
Peter's vacation from Lowe's has been granted and he will be able to come with us! Yay! He really seems to enjoy his new job and I get to see a less-stressed husband for longer periods of time now.
That's awesome! Yay for less-stressed Peter!
No being on-call or working out in the cold for him. It's wonderful. And he only has to drive for 15 minutes to get to work versus the hour it used to take him. He's also home for lunch or dinner depending what schedule he's working, so that's awesome!!
That's honestly such great news. My dad's a contractor/carpenter and he's always been in great shape but now that he's older the hour long drive plus working outdoors year round is really getting to him. He has emphysema and arthritis now which makes the work harder. I'm so glad to hear that Peter is loving his new job!
We did take some time on February 18th to go to Probate Court for Victoria to officially change her name.
Go, girl!!!
Nothing is free in this world, is it? But it will all be worth it in the end.
So true
That means in 14 days I am able to do fast passes as well as online checkin.
Partyyy!!!
I think she will fall in love with the person, not their gender. She's so concerned about disappointing me because I'm very traditional and conservative, but I keep telling her I just want her to be happy and I will fully accept whoever she is. I always have.
You're an amazing mom! Victoria deserves happiness, and no matter who she chooses, as long as her significant other treats her right, then you'll support it!

Nothing like jogging at 3am in the morning (Duck Creek Park) during a full moon and you see the ducks on the pond with the reflection of the Moon skimming across the water and up above you see the sky just lit up with stars........
(and Ladybug wants to go 'swimming' with dem Ducks.....):upsidedow

Just what I need, a stinky Beagle when we get home......:rotfl:

Anywho -
Hope all is well in the losing weight department.

Luve yer TR -popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Hey youuuuuu!!! Glad you said something on FB, I wasn't watching this PTR somehow so didn't know you were here posting! It's still harder to navigate on my phone, which is all I use lately, but I'm here!

So happy for Victoria that she's changed her name and following the path that's right for her! :lovestruc Wow, that was an ordeal to use a smiley using the phone! I will try to check I. More often, Savannah & I have 39 days!!!! :yay:

Sorry to hear you had a very eventful February but glad things are looking up! Spring will be here soon but more importantly Fastpass Plus Picks!! My weight loss is going slow but I'm still working at it. 10.2 so far...

I know!!!! I get to do online checkin and fast passes on Monday!!! And it was 60 degrees today!!! We broke a record for a record high. I'm soooo proud of you and your weight loss! Awesome job! I think I may remove my ticker for weight loss....it's getting kind of depressing to look at it staying in one place all the time.

I'm sorry to hear that Victoria is suffering, but I'm really glad that she's getting some help and that you're being supportive. Hopefully with time things will get a little better.

Yeah, I feel bad for Victoria but she's getting by. She's with her old counselor who she loves, so it's all good. Or it will be.

That's the spirit! Honestly keeping positive is half the battle! Oh no! This winter is beating us all up! I've been getting sick a lot more lately also, however nothing serious. My mom is slowly getting over pneumonia, and everyone has been under the weather here and there. Time to get healthy! You're an amazing mom! Victoria deserves happiness, and no matter who she chooses, as long as her significant other treats her right, then you'll support it!

Awe, thank you for your kind words. I try to be a great Mom. She's alot like me in some ways but is sooo different in other ways. I was so involved in school and had such an easy time of it and here she is having a tough go at it. But she's strong and this too shall pass.

Nothing like jogging at 3am in the morning (Duck Creek Park) during a full moon and you see the ducks on the pond with the reflection of the Moon skimming across the water and up above you see the sky just lit up with stars........
(and Ladybug wants to go 'swimming' with dem Ducks.....):upsidedow Just what I need, a stinky Beagle when we get home......:rotfl:Anywho Hope all is well in losing weight department.Luve yer TR -popcorn::

Well, I just keep plugging along with the weight loss. I can't give up!

Hey youuuuuu!!! Glad you said something on FB, I wasn't watching this PTR somehow so didn't know you were here posting! It's still harder to navigate on my phone, which is all I use lately, but I'm here!So happy for Victoria that she's changed her name and following the path that's right for her! :lovestruc Wow, that was an ordeal to use a smiley using the phone! I will try to check I. More often, Savannah & I have 39 days!!!! :yay:

Hi my buddy!!! I'm glad you stopped by. I'm sorry you have to use the Dis on your phone. Don't worry about not posting. I didn't realize that it's tough on the phone --- I never try it. You got those smileys just fine, though. I'm very excited for your trip to Playlist. I'm sure you will have an awesome time. It's too bad I won't see you guys, though, but things worked out the way they should.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter