• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Losing Pounds or Losing My Mind for Disney 05/2016 PTR

Hello All!!!

Today we are on Day 4!!!! Four more days until I’m home. Yes!!! I cannot wait!!! My suitcases are sitting in my bedroom just taunting me at this point. OH, speaking of luggage……guess who forgot to book Magical Express??? Yep, that would be me, Ms. Superplanner herself. It’s all good, though, because I realized it last Thursday and was able to call up and reserve them. The only thing that concerns me right now is the yellow luggage tags. She said they’d go out last Saturday, so hopefully I receive them Tue, Wed, or Thurs. If not, we’ll just go get them ourselves. I believe she did say I could give the desk the baggage info and they would get them. We’ll see what happens.

In other news, during these past two weeks I’ve lost one of my mini-lop bunnies, Chubby and one of our Bantam Partridge Cochin chickens, Beaker. Chubby was 7 years old so she was pretty old for a bunny. We aren’t quite sure what happened to Beaker. She’s only 2. It’s quite upsetting, but we have to be here for the rest of the brood. I have a good petsitter lined up to watch them all and Cutie is going to doggie daycare. Hopefully everyone does just fine. We do still have one of Chubby’s littermates, so I’m kind of concerned about her, but we’ll just wait and see. I do put liquid vitamins in her water bottle, so maybe that helps. I “accidentally” had Max and Buttons in the same pen last weekend. Max is the boy, Buttons is the girl. I really hope she’s pregnant, but shhhhhh, don’t tell Peter!!!! Here’s a meme that describes me perfectly!!!

Hee Hee Heee……hey, if Peter can bring home old cars to fix up, I can certainly have a new pet or two, right??? Actually we were driving down to my Aunt’s house yesterday and we saw a gas grill on the side of the road with a “Free sign”. I’m not sure if I told you guys but my grill died earlier this year. I think Peter is going to get the old pick up running today and go pick it up. He believes he can fix everything and he usually can! So, I’ll see what’s in the yard when I get home….I really should take a picture of Peter’s side of the yard. I think you guys would get a kick out of it.

I picked up some Airborne for each of us to start taking before the trip. I’m getting a little freaked out over how much sickness I’ve been reading about on the boards. I’m especially nervous about the stomach flu. Please, God, let none of us get the stomach flu!!!

So yeah, here we are …….4 days to go…..whoo hoo!!!!!

I'm sorry to hear about the bunny and chicken ... it's always hard to lose pets. But ... 4 days!!!

Day 3!!!!!!

Ok, so did I not tell you guys I know my husband well??? Yep!! Guess what was in the driveway when I got home yesterday...

YES!!!! I told you guys he would go pick it up. It just needs a minor repair and she should fire right up. Both burners spark up, so yay!!! This grill is much bigger than my last one, so I'm very excited to start grilling!! It even has a side burner that my old one never had....OMG!!!! I love my hubby and his handiness!!!

So, guess what came in today......

MY MAGICAL EXPRESS LUGGAGE TAGS!!!! One less thing to worry about. Ok, I'm just a really happy camper today! How can I not be, right? It's FINALLY sunny and in the 60's today!! Hasn't been this warm the entire month of April. I love having a window by my desk. It looks so wonderful out there! I have one more outfit to iron tonight that I'm going to be wearing to travel (I think?) (I bought another outfit with my $40 Kohl's cash certificate) I mean, I couldn't just throw $40 away, right??

How was everyone's Mother's Day? Peter and I took Mom out to Longhorn's as Victoria was working at Staples from 10 - 6. We took her at 11am as Peter had to work 1 - 9 and I was working 2 - 6pm. Peter bought me a very lovely pink rhodadendrum. I didn't really want anything (other than Disney money!!) and it's just perfect. Nothing from Victoria (she's got to work on realizing occasions) but that's ok. My birthday is tomorrow, so I'm just considering the free grill my gift!!! After all, he does have to repair it and time is money, so it's definitely a great gift. I love to grill.

I just cannot believe it's only 3 days away!!! Two more days of work here at my government job and one night (tomorrow) at Party City!! Whoo Hoot!!! I'm making Peter and Victoria take Airborne for these next few days to build up their immunities and I'm definitly taking some Clorox wipes with me to wipe down the remote in the villa. I hear remotes carry the most germs. I'm not a germaphobe by any stretch of the imagination, but it's good to be prepared!!

Ok, and since I just want to share.....here's a picture of Reeses relaxing in her kitty condo.....

The monorail trip to Epcot is actually pretty cool - the monorail goes through the park and gives you a nice view of things. It may not be as fast or convenient as a bus, but it's really not a bad trip.
10 days!!!! I'm so excited for you!!

Oh, I know the monorail to Epcot is nice.....I just want to make sure to get there on time.

I love Victoria's hair - it's super fun and definitely shows some personality! The Peter napping pictures are hysterical! I'm always entertained by people who can fall asleep anywhere! 1 WEEK UNTIL DISNEY!!!!

Thank you for the compliment on Victoria's hair. The more I see it, the more I like it. My mother on the other hand........ let's not go there!

OMG! That man can sleep anywhere! I will definitely get more "sleeping" pictures this trip! Hee Hee!!!:ssst::ssst:

Just 4 days! You lucky woman!

Yes, thank you Lisa!! And you are shortly thereafter!!!! Can't you just taste it at this point??!!!

I'm sorry to hear about the bunny and chicken ... it's always hard to lose pets. But ... 4 days!!!

OMG!!! 3 DAYS NOW!! OMG! OMG!! Thank you for your sympathy. I know they are just animals, but they are like our kids. Yes, even chickens have their own personalities and it's hard to lose one.

Ann!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GO TO DISNEY IN THREE DAYSSSSSSS!!!
I just had to catch you before you left! I returned from my trip last night and I look forward to writing my trip report and following yours!
I hope you, Peter, and Victoria have an amazing trip! I know you will:)

Your kitty Reeses is adorable. My cats love their kitty condos as well! And Happy Mother's Day! Your grill is smokin! (Haha get it?)

Hope you have the BEST TRIP EVERRRR!

Ann!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GO TO DISNEY IN THREE DAYSSSSSSS!!!
I just had to catch you before you left! I returned from my trip last night and I look forward to writing my trip report and following yours!
I hope you, Peter, and Victoria have an amazing trip! I know you will:)

Your kitty Reeses is adorable. My cats love their kitty condos as well! And Happy Mother's Day! Your grill is smokin! (Haha get it?)

Hope you have the BEST TRIP EVERRRR!

Sarah!!!! You're back!!! Yay!!! Although not yay for you, but you need to start the tr soon and I think it would only be fair to post the link on my PTR first, so I get a chance to be first!!!! Hee Hee....yes, I am selfish that way! :smokin:

Thank you for the compliment on Reeses. She is such a good kitty, but sooo skiddish. She lost her mom when she was only 4 weeks old and was living under a porch, so she still has some trust issues and probably always will. She's about 7 years old now.

Yes, don't you just love a FREE GRILL!!!! love your "smoking" reference. Very clever! I think Peter may be working on it this morning as he doesn't go to work until 2:30pm. Either that or he's working on another chicken pen so that the younger chickens can go play outside. I get it --- I won't be grilling until I get back anyways.

Do we all know what today is.............
DAY 2, BABY!!!!! Oh, and it's my 49th birthday.:bday: I can't believe I'm that old, but I sure as heck don't act it, do I??? Yeah, I've never been a refined type of person or an "act your age" person. Why? Life is too short not to have fun and enjoy yourself!!!

Ok, so I'm waiting on that TR link now!!!!

Alright, all caught up! Man this has been an adventure ;) And you're leaving so soon, jealous!

I'm definitely in the same boat as you about weight loss. I have a hard time telling myself that the numbers on the scale don't matter as much as the changes I feel and see - but the thing is I never see those changes either :rotfl: But now you're at least gonna be in a place where you don't have to worry about anything but enjoying yourself :) There is no calories in Disney!

I can't wait to be to where you're at right now, I would probably be jumping all over the place :jumping1:

Also, have a very happy birthday! :bday: :cake: pixiedust:

Alright, all caught up! Man this has been an adventure ;) And you're leaving so soon, jealous! I'm definitely in the same boat as you about weight loss. I have a hard time telling myself that the numbers on the scale don't matter as much as the changes I feel and see - but the thing is I never see those changes either :rotfl: But now you're at least gonna be in a place where you don't have to worry about anything but enjoying yourself :) There is no calories in Disney! I can't wait to be to where you're at right now, I would probably be jumping all over the place :jumping1:Also, have a very happy birthday! :bday: :cake: pixiedust:

Hi Marie and thank you for stopping by my PTR!!! Yes, it has been quite the adventure, hasn't it? It seems my life is a total adventure, but isn't that what life is supposed to be anyways? Speaking of adventure there was a snake under my car when I went to lunch today. Ok, so it was a little, itty, bitty maybe 6 inch long snake, but it was a snake nonetheless!!! My hubby happened to take me out to lunch and there it was.....OMG!!! There's not too much I'm afraid of animal-wise, but snakes? No way!! Hate the little critters!!! ::yes:: ! Oh, I know there are no calories in Disney and my insulin pen will be handy!! LOL! Believe me, I am sooooo ansy right now! It's a good thing that I'm working at Party City tonight. I wouldn't know what to do with myself at home tonight. Tomorrow night will be fine as I will actually be getting the suitcases in the car and doing little odds and end like making sure all the pets are clean and fed, bringing Cutie to the doggie daycare, shaving the good ole legs, you know, the usual stuff the night before. Hopefully I will be getting to bed early. Our flight leaves at 5:45am and the airport is an hour away, so that makes us leave home at around 3:30pm to be safe. Yeah, let's see if we make it. Oh, we usually make it, but sometimes it's questionable!! :rotfl2: Please let me remember to do boarding passes at 5:45am on Thursday. OMG!!! I'll have to remind both Peter and Victoria to make sure I'm up. I do not want to be in the back of the plane!

Thanks for reading along!!!

Oh and thanks for my birthday wishes!!!

2 more days!!!!!!

Happiest Birthday to you!!!!!!!!!!!
Ahh you are SO close to Disney!!!!!
I'm half asleep right now and can't figure out how to put the link to my trip-report in my signature (well I can copy and paste but completely forget how I changed it to a title??) Anyways!!! I wanted to post it here for you!

http://www.disboards.com/threads/th...l-tomorrow-a-magical-may-trip-report.3510034/

Also, your kitty reminds me of one of mine! I have 4 actually! But our only girl is 15 years old and as beautiful as ever. She was abandoned at just 4 weeks old also, and never grew out of her skiddish ways! I'll have to show you pictures soon!!

If I don't talk to you beforehand, have a very magical trip! :bday::flower1::yay::tinker::thumbsup2:hug::jumping1:

I am here and looking for your trip report. I want to hear all the details about your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter