• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Loews Card ?

I should have explained a bit better......HRH automatically upgraded me to a pool view, which I found out when I got there, but my biggest request was for a larger room, no matter the view, as my kids are older. I could have had a kid suite(offered when I called a few days before) but I thought it had little kid furniture and small beds so declined. I found out later that it probably would have fit them fine. Anyway, they did offer club level at $25 so we took that. They did not give me the full 1500 miles for AA, only 500(had to call them). And we got our welcome gift on our last night!

I have booked two poolview rooms at HRH in February and am wondering whether I am eligible for an upgrade with my new Loews card even though it is not a gold or platinum. Thank you.

It's my understanding that only gold or platuim qualify for upgrades. But on the other hand like all hotels it's not uncommon to get a comp'd upgrade if your front desk clerk is having a great day.LOL

I am SPG Gold mainly due to my Starwood Amex card. Will Loews match this if I fax them a copy of my card or do Ineed to have the required stays for Gold?

Yes, Loews will match Starwood and yes, you have to fax them a copy. Just call them, and ask for Elijah. He knows what's going on!

How do you upgrade your Loews card to gold or platinum? Is it based on how many stays you accumulate? Thanks!:D

loews first gold

Three qualifying stays at any Loews Hotel, or a minimum of ten nights total, is needed to move up to the Loews First Gold level.

Loews First Gold Benefits:
All the benefits of Loews First Blue plus:

•Guaranteed reservations with 48 hours advanced notice.^
•Upgrade to a suite for $35 additional at time of check-in (if available).
•1000 American Airlines® AAdvantage® or 1000 Amtrak Guest Rewards® points* or 500 Midwest Express® miles per stay

loews first platinum

With ten qualifying stays at any Loews Hotel, or a minimum of 25 nights total, comes the premium level of benefits and service offered by Loews First Platinum.

Loews First Platinum Benefits:
All the benefits of Loews First Blue plus:

•Guaranteed reservations with 24 hours advanced notice. This includes a guaranteed Business Class room if available at the time of reservation.^
•Upgrade to a suite for $35 additional at time of check-in (if available).
•1,000 American Airlines® AAdvantage® or Amtrak Guest Rewards® points* for the first night and 500 extra for every additional night stayed *or 500 Midwest Express® miles per stay.

Loews Hotels

Does anyone know if Loews has an 800 number? Thanks!

Do you need to give your Loews membership number when you make your reservation or just tell them when you show up at the hotel?

I did both, but never got my card, even after I called and requested another(several weeks ago). But all they need is your number. I bugged them to death!

Lowes just matched my Plat SPG. I was told by CS that Lowes Plat status never expires! I questioned the CSR as Starwood requires 40 stays in a calander year to remain Platinum. Can anyone confirm if this correct that Plat Lowes never expires? Thanks!

Muffy

How do you upgrade your card from blue to gold?
I have two rooms booked for 7 nights will that qualify as 14 nights ?

If you have another hotel card that is gold status, you can call Loews and ask if they will match it.
As far as the 14 days, I think that if they are both in your name, yes. But if they go by 'stays' instead of 'days', it will be one(or maybe two for two rooms) stay(s).

How do you upgrade your card from blue to gold?
"I have two rooms booked for 7 nights will that qualify as 14 nights ?"

The upgrade from blue to gold is based on completed stays. You may want to call the hotel and ask about the 2 rooms being qualifying for one stay.

I was just wondering: is the $35 upgrade to a suite per night or per stay?

Two rooms are only counted as one. I already called Loews First and this has been what has happened to us in the past.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant if you are upraded and are staying for 2 nights, are you charged only $35 extra or are you charged $70 extra (2ntsx$35 upgrade)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter