Loews Card ?

Let me add that thanks to Bubba's mom :worship: I called and requested your room which is a standard and no additional fees. She was really nice, and I did read that they make every effort to accommodate requests, so I'm hoping we get lucky. We do however have a late check in as we will be in Bush Gardens till close 6pm so we won't arrive until 7ish and I might be SOL?

I'm just so excited. Watch, I'll blink and it'll be over. Vacations are like that, I plan all year and then poof:wizard: they are over

The incentive for us to stay onsite at Universal is the Golden Express Pass key. 2 of the 3 hotels are Loews...Hard Rock is just another option.

While it does stink (not the word I'd use) the YouFirst doesn't cater to the vacation peeps, as long as you stay onsite, you won't miss your hotel benefits. The REASON for staying onsite is the Express Pass...not the hotel perks...at least for us anyway. The hotel perks were/are just a bonus.

and, you're welcome for whatever I helped you with eculmone :confused3

The incentive for us to stay onsite at Universal is the Golden Express Pass key. 2 of the 3 hotels are Loews...Hard Rock is just another option.

While it does stink (not the word I'd use) the YouFirst doesn't cater to the vacation peeps, as long as you stay onsite, you won't miss your hotel benefits. The REASON for staying onsite is the Express Pass...not the hotel perks...at least for us anyway. The hotel perks were/are just a bonus.

:thumbsup2

That and not having the hassle of driving back to the hotel in the evening. I can now have a drink, or two, or more at Citywalk since I won't be driving. I almost like that convenience more than the Express Pass! ALMOST! ;)

The hotel perks were/are just a bonus.

Hey Barb, you spoke about staying in room 1733 standard room and loved your view of IOA and being close to the walkway... in another thread. :thumbsup2 and for that I thank you very much :)

I agree, the Express pass is exactly why we stay onsite as well. I will mention my Loews membership at check in and see if that might qualify for some type of perk?:confused3 It can't hurt to ask I always say ;)

I find that very few hotel rewards cards get you much these days. As long as I can get free internet, I am happy.

Hey Barb, you spoke about staying in room 1733 standard room and loved your view of IOA and being close to the walkway... in another thread.

1733 is the end room (last room at the end of the hall)...coveted on the DIS. I tried for that room but couldn't get it. So, we ended up in 1729...which was 2 doors down from it...still good.

Somewhere I mentioned 1733 and lower odd-numbered is highest floor and facing IOA w/ waterway view.

Took a picture of the evacuation map on the door and got room #'s & all..dunno where it's mentioned tho?

eh..no matter. You're not going for the hotel, you're using them for Exp Pass.

I find that very few hotel rewards cards get you much these days. As long as I can get free internet, I am happy.

Now that would be a perk as dh is self employed and checks into office daily. I know they offered free internet in main lobby at PBH but dh likes to sit in his p.j.'s, drink his coffee and 'make it happen' back home. so we pay for it in our room :goodvibes I use to think the blackberry and internet were excellent tools while on vacation. But, I've come to realize it's a love/hate thing. Sometimes I say 'so are you here with us or not? :hourglass

I also realize that without those tools, we'd probably be sitting at home... So as I said love/hate

Bubba's mom, I'll keep the odd number 33 or thereabouts rule in mind. I did say 1633 if my first choice was gone. Well, here's hopin.:cloud9:

I hate to bump an old thread but I still have questions after reading many of the pages.

If the current year ends on December 31st and my first stay is this December does that mean I start over with zero stays in January 2011?

Second question: Do they still honor other hotel membership perks? Anyone they don't honor? We are goldpoints members at County Inn and Suites (forget the main chain that owns them) and they always give complimentary internet in the room, any chance we could get that?

We are staying club and the gym is free but is net in the room? I can't figure that out. I know there is free wifi in the lobby but we have gotten spoiled with it in the rooms staying at SOG and Country Inn and Suites.

I can't believe a 2.5 star hotel has free net but not a Lowes hotel. :confused: Yes I know we get express pass free and we can walk to the parks and that is the main reason we are staying onsite but we are going to be in the room quite a bit and net is nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter